Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«32 »
E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

I think it just means the team currently you would have is close or stronger than your current team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

So Deadpool is kitted out and ready to go. And I have no idea what to do with him. My go-to team for everything consists of Gamora, Quake, Night Nurse, Yondu, and Captain America. At this point, DP is strong enough to replace any of them and not hurt my power levels at all (~61k) - in fact, he's even strong than a couple folks. I don't have the team levelled all the way to 60 yet, and I have barely put effort into purple gear. Any suggestions as to where I could fit DP right now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grimey Drawer

B blitz and raid teams

That’s the problem I have with a lot of dudes. They are good and could replace members on my A team but I like how my A team rolls sooooo

It would be interesting to see how the Computer controls him on arena defense though.

Also just hit 60 this morning. Now I can really start leveling some dudes up.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at May 21, 2018 around 16:35

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Wait and see for a week with cable. The general consensus is wait a bit and see with both. Odds are cable will be a really good unit and Deadpool will be made better by having cable due to the team up. There are other team ups in the game but extremely limited. The lack of iron man and groom are hurting the other team ups, but there is a chance they might do a cable for all type of Blitz instead of a top 500 since they announced it so far in advance. In 7-10 days a lot might be changed.

That's the problem with investing into a new character early. You are doing all of the research on your own.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Yeah he can run the B team with Thanos and Drax I guess. He puts out some serious hurt, I just like what I've been running with.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

I fought someone that had DP on arena D and he put a hurting on me. First I've lost in a little while. For reference I'm player level 51 and all my team is max leveled with average T6/7 gear.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Yeah, I feel like “attack character while ignoring taunt” and “do a bunch of attacks at once” are easy for the AI to work with, and everything involving hurting minions is passive (though what are the odds of seeing a minion in the arena). I think he’ll end up being better than most characters due to how foolproof he is for the AI to play, but time will tell I guess.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Starting tomorrow (or more precisely, in 22 hours and 51 minutes), there's a Flash Event - Payday.

Using Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes as precedent, it'll be a once or twice monthly event, rather than the cycling daily challenges. Gives another target for roster building, in this case, a Mercenary team.
This one's going to be pretty useful - it's a Gold payout.

As of now, there are seven Mercenary characters in the game:

Bullseye (Heroes 2-6, Villains 1-3)
Deadpool (Deadpool Raid Orbs only for now)
Korath the Pursuer (Villains 5-9, Cosmic 3-9)
Mercenary Lieutenant (Villains 3-3, Nexus 6-3)
Mercenary Riot Guard (Blitz store)
Mercenary Soldier (Raid store; on rotation)
Mercenary Sniper (Nexus 4-6)

The requirements are a full team of 5 at minimum star levels from 1-6 (there's no tier that needs all 5 to be 7*), so it's unlikely many will have enough starred Mercenaries to go higher than tier 2-3 this go around.
But it also looks like while the event's active (at least this time), the Campaign levels will have double drop rewards for the 4 Mercenaries you can farm (Bullseye, Korath, Merc Lieutenant and Sniper) for the duration of the event (24 hours), so it might be useful to prioritize them when it goes live.

cliffdiver
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Cool, looks like my for-fun Merc team of Kingpin, Bullseye, Lieutenant, Sniper, and Riot Guard might actually come in handy!

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012

I'm still confused about Crossbones not counting as a mercenary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

cliffdiver posted:

Cool, looks like my for-fun Merc team of Kingpin, Bullseye, Lieutenant, Sniper, and Riot Guard might actually come in handy!

KP isn't a merc, he just has merc synergy

«32 »