Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I finally found a solution to my issue. It was something to do with Google Play Games service. I'll post it here in case anyone else has the same issue

quote:

Hey guys I just fixed my issue with the 42% bug. After thinking about it for awhile I remembered that to update the game Marvel Strike Force needs to update through Google play store. So what I did was reset the google play store app through the apps settings. I have a galaxy s6, so what I did was enter the settings menu, locate the apps option. From here I located the google play store app. When you select the google play store app there are 2 options Disable and Force Stop. I selected the Disable option, the app then asked me if I wanted to reset the app to factory settings, I pressed the yes/ok button. I then loaded up Marvel Strike force and it started to update the game. I had previously uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times. So you may need to do this so that Marvel Strike Force downloads the new content again. I hope this helps others that are having the same issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
This game desperately needs a Download All button. Every time there's a new update there's a good chance my poo poo stalls while downloading something new because of a hiccup in the connection. Seriously, why does the game update when you enter a brand new raid instead of preloading the entire raid before you even open it?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Thanks for posting this, and I completely understand - I feel like I’m always a few missed days away from quitting most of the games I play. Happy trails, and if you ever find your enthusiasm again tell me and I’ll get you a spot right away!

Thanks, I appreciate it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

So I finally found a solution to my issue. It was something to do with Google Play Games service. I'll post it here in case anyone else has the same issue

I had a feeling it was Google Play Games. Interesting that it was different from just the update solution I had. Good to know for future reference.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Cable is a solid character as well, hopefully he gets a chance to become a big boy someday :(

I was quick to get him to 60 gear9 when I got him, but then everyone else got close to 20k and you realize there's just no point trying to get a 2 star character to gear10. I'm afraid it just won't be worth the money pushing him to level 65 now that we have it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Turns out the Hand event will be for gear material. And Star-Lord's legendary event will require Guardians and/or Ravagers!

So... for Quill:

Drax: Arena Store
Gamora: Nexus 2-9, Blitz Store
Groot: Groot Blitz
Ravager Boomer: Blitz Store
Ravager Bruiser: Heroes 4-6
Ravager Stitcher: Raid Store (Rotates)
Rocket Raccoon: Rocket's Red Glare event, Ultimus Orbs
Yondu: Heroes 1-9, Nexus 6-9

Gamora is top-notch and should be a priority character anyway, Drax is a decent tank who unfortunately competes for Arena tickets with Quake, Yondu is an excellent character to farm... and the other two Guardians can't really be reliably attained in an affordable budget, so that leaves Ravager Minion filler. You may be well familiar with Boomer and Stitcher from Yondu summons, and both are at least serviceable in their niches. Problem is Blitz and Raid tickets are contested and the latter is quite susceptible to the whims of the RNG for availability. Bruiser is an odd fellow that can self-heal at least every other turn but tanking is a roll of the dice that tops out at a 70% chance on his basic. Still, he might currently be the filler of choice if you can't divert tickets to the other two.

On to the Hand:

Elektra: Heroes 3-9, Nexus 3-9
Hand Archer: Arena Store
Hand Assassin: Villains 5-6, Nexus 7-6
Hand Blademaster: Villains 3-6, Nexus 5-3
Hand Sentry: Raid Store (Rotates)
Hand Sorceress: Heroes 2-9, Nexus 3-3
Nobu: Premium and Mega Orbs only for now

Elektra has a starter event and is a reasonably easy farm, though she's also somewhat weak for a marquee character. She does have Hand synergy though, starting someone with an Evade from turn 1; definitely worth farming for this event. Nobu is going to require luck and/or money, though if/when you DO get him he's an ideal Hand leader. Since the rest is Minion filler, it's lucky that they happen to be pretty strong. Archer hits fairly hard and has one of the highest Focus values for stripping buffs in the roster. Assassin hits hard and heal blocks like a mini-Winter Soldier. Blademaster can double-hit like a mini-Gamora. Sentry makes the rest of the team invisible AND gives them an Evade to boot; he's a terror paired in Arena and should serve well as an unorthodox tank for the Hand. Sorceress heals, gives most of the team Defense Up, and spends a lot of time invisible. All of the Hand are reasonably fast to very fast. It's a shame Nobu and Sentry are so hard to get, and that Archer uses Arena tickets. But you'll need a team of 5 so you'll have to pick up a 5th somehow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey Catdudes, you can drop me (Windborn) if you need to. I think talking it out here and seeing the grind for the Guardians settled my decision to drop the game. Frankly, I think I used to be in the top 5-10 for damage so someone will have to pick up the slack ;)

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
drat. Sorry to see you go, bud.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RosaParksOfDip posted:

drat. Sorry to see you go, bud.

Yeah I'm definitely going to miss the good times, and this a very polished and has its entertaining moments, but every day is the same grind. I guess if there were more team options or something it would have held my attention longer. I know its way too commonplace at this point, but even having some kind of rock/paper/scissors mechanic would have been interesting, or having my synergy between members of the same team. Oh well. Maybe I'll fire it up again in the future.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

These new ways to get characters are super loving lame. RNG to get characters always sucks. And no, I'm not going to spend FIFTY DOLLARS HOLY poo poo on Dr. Strange.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Codependent Poster posted:

These new ways to get characters are super loving lame. RNG to get characters always sucks. And no, I'm not going to spend FIFTY DOLLARS HOLY poo poo on Dr. Strange.

Hah yeah I saw the offer and 100 shards would let me 5* my Strange and that is just an obscene amount of money for a minor boost to one character on a f2p phone game. I did buy some cores to help me with the RR/Antman events but that's the only cash I've dropped on this game in the last month and I won't be spending any more for a long time, if ever.

Other phone games like PAD or SW let you spend a lot of money but the new characters were almost always top tier dudes who would shift the meta, this game asks you to spend 50 bucks on loving Groot who is like C tier and only useful on a gimmick Guardians blitz team that is pretty pointless overall. In this game once you get the core meta characters (basically Cap, BW, Quake, Yondu, Gamora, NN, and then maybe Kingpin, Hand Sentry, and a few others that are farmable) spending money on other characters is really questionable.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Happy 4th of July here's your pittance of 5 Cap shards

Dude this game really makes you feel like you should be begging the devs for scraps, meanwhile netmarbu loving never stopped throwing free poo poo at you

Lesson learned kids, back to work in the Gear mines

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I’m out.

Game is interesting I guess I just don’t have the patience for it and I’m a huge loving whale.

Feel free to boot me

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea the game feels real stingy with new characters lately. It hasn't driven me away like Avengers Academy (seriously, I've never seen a game so ruined by an update), but its annoying.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They've thrown way too many things at the players all at once. I suppose feeling like you're on the back foot all the time is an enticement to buy things to catch up, but it also can be hella draining.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's their marketing strategy. Just put out lovely deal after deal so that when a decent less bad deal comes along like 100k gold for $5 comes along people are more inclined to buy it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Yeh, I don't know, it just feels like there's not a reason to do any of the stuff every day if I'm not super sweating my Blitz or Arena rank.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I really don't like how they run the events that require certain teams. I missed out on the mercenary and iron man events because I didn't have the required lovely characters unlocked or at whatever stupid star level was needed so I got jack poo poo. I'm probably going to miss the star lord and hand events because again I don't have the heroes or can't rank up the ones I do have in time. Guess I'll just wait another month or so until they show up again and maybe I'll have the teams for the events then :shrug:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

They've thrown way too many things at the players all at once. I suppose feeling like you're on the back foot all the time is an enticement to buy things to catch up, but it also can be hella draining.

Yea, that's exactly what Avengers Academy did. It had this nice tapper casual thing going on with funny dialog and collecting, then they did this huge patch and added combat into it as normal, rather than just in events. It was brutal and incredibly unfair unless you wanted to pay money. Hell I put money into the game and didn't get anywhere.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I’m out.

Good luck and happy trails, man! We'll see you around if you slide back sometime.

I Am Goon then has a slot open. Just lemme know in here if you apply! The Discord's a great way too, most of us are on there.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea the game feels real stingy with new characters lately. It hasn't driven me away like Avengers Academy (seriously, I've never seen a game so ruined by an update), but its annoying.

It's weird -- to me it's not character (shard) stinginess. It's level and skill-up materials. Taking one person from 0 to A team status takes a huge resource investment, so any new characters I do get are likely going to be sitting at level 1 for a long time. Even if I do juice 'em up they're going to be at rank 7-8 for a few weeks because the purple catalyst / material pinch is so bad, and that doesn't even consider purple skill-ups which is maybe even worse. And now we have level 65 to grind to?

I have a bunch of gimmick teams I'd love to try but it's really hard to give anyone but the current A and B teams the time of day.

Side question: I looked through most of the level 65 skills that need orange mats. Basically none of them look like game changers, it's all +5% block or what have you. Is there anything as significant as xbones' level 60 explode that I'm missing?

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Widow gets another 5% speed and an extra 60% dmg on her basic. Yondu can steal two stacks of buffs. Quake gets another 5% focus, which is enough to be able to strip buffs off an even leveled thanos. Korath gets another 20% piercing on his basic, which is insane.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

zeroskippy posted:

Widow gets another 5% speed and an extra 60% dmg on her basic. Yondu can steal two stacks of buffs. Quake gets another 5% focus, which is enough to be able to strip buffs off an even leveled thanos. Korath gets another 20% piercing on his basic, which is insane.

Thanos gets 10,000 resistance while taunting. Edit- Actually, it’s spelled out in his passive now as +1000% resistance while taunting. So my Thanos has like 7000 when he taunts, you’d need to be nearly maxed in order to get 10k I guess.

The other big improvement I can think of is BP’s passive going from 80% turn bar on kill to 100% which will make him very very good against raid trash and some other stuff. Korath’s speed up on spawn and on kill also lasts 2 turns when you level his passive to 5 but not many people use him.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 5, 2018

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Korath is a monster, I use him on my merc team. Fastest character in the game that can self hast and apply taunt? He's crazy good. Pair him up with spidey for 40k+ dmg from his ult on turn 2.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Gimmick and B/C teams can be extremely competitive at even only t7 or t8
Biggest thing holding them back is the gold crunch of getting them to 56/58 + leveling up the skills

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
For those in Great Lakes Goon Squad who haven’t been to the discord lately: we are going to try to push for 100% over the next few raids. Explosivo made a great google document which has raid strategies in it as well as sign ups for which lane you want to gun for. A few of us are having weird app/internet issues, which is a sad time, but moving forward we are going to be more serious about raid participation. So if you can’t play for whatever reason please tell us in game or on the discord’s AFK channel - consistent lack of participation without explanation will eventually end up getting you booted.

Thanks! The doc is pinned to our channel.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GLGS:

:getin:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've been trying to find somebody to replace Elektra on my team and just unlocked Nebula. Any thoughts?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Don't waste your time. I'd keep Elektra over nebula.

Edit: Nebula's claim to fame thing is she can be annoying as hell with all the dodges and counterattacks and speedups and all that poo poo, but the fact is she doesn't do enough damage to be a DPS, and she has no way to taunt so she can't tank and she doesn't have team buffs so she can't support. All the enemy has to do is ignore her for last and then mop up with superior numbers because you effectively started the fight with a four man team.

Elektra does some respectable damage, has good synergy with hand and can strip buffs. She's not top tier but she's solid until you get the current meta heroes.

I recommend doing the Facebook thing for spiderman if you haven't. He got buffed recently.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 6, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah. Nebula is a top-tier duelist when both teams get whittled down to a 1v1. But she offers very little else to the rest of the team before that.

Elektra's ultimate is capable of one-shotting characters and she has one of the most valuable skills in those C D and E Blitz teams; a way to dispel taunts.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I've been trying to find somebody to replace Elektra on my team and just unlocked Nebula. Any thoughts?

Post your roster please. That's better then generic advice as one vs one comparison

Elektra has her place (buff removal + burst dps + bleed) and is important in a Hand Blitz team

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Spot open in Marble Hebrons

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Post your roster please. That's better then generic advice as one vs one comparison

Elektra has her place (buff removal + burst dps + bleed) and is important in a Hand Blitz team

If he's asking about Elektra vs nebula, you can bet he's early in the game. Like, first week or so. Nebula is an early unlock and Elektra event is available at the beginning. Assume his options are the starters plus maybe whatever beginner pack he was offered.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nebula is useful in cosmic campaign on account of there just aren’t many other options

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Drax, yondu, gamora and two others. I honestly can't remember who I used. Maybe Thor was one.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I’d go with Nebula, honestly. I don’t think she is as “good” as elektra from an abilities point of view, but she is a cosmic villain which makes putting resources into her more efficient than the alternative since she can be used in all but the hero campaign. Additionally she is also a tech character, so if Vision was somehow bought or acquired early she’d have great synergy with him!

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Spot open in Marble Hebrons

Just requested to join (same user) - my alliance is dropping off hard

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Edit: Nebula's claim to fame thing is she can be annoying as hell with all the dodges and counterattacks and speedups and all that poo poo, but the fact is she doesn't do enough damage to be a DPS, and she has no way to taunt so she can't tank and she doesn't have team buffs so she can't support. All the enemy has to do is ignore her for last and then mop up with superior numbers because you effectively started the fight with a four man team.

This is 100% true. I have Nebula at 5 star, level 51 and gear tier 8 and she does less damage than most other similarly geared/levelled tanks and healers. She's almost Ronan levels of bad as far as I'm concerned.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sumo posted:

Just requested to join (same user) - my alliance is dropping off hard

Not seeing the invite but it’s yours if you want it.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

If he's asking about Elektra vs nebula, you can bet he's early in the game. Like, first week or so. Nebula is an early unlock and Elektra event is available at the beginning. Assume his options are the starters plus maybe whatever beginner pack he was offered.

Very valid point. Use to requesting to see rosters as I try to help with Blitz and general strategy in my guild. I adore Blitz(unsure on the new cool down though) and building teams

I still feel Elektra is better then Nebula in basically every instance. Sure, Nebula can be used in Cosmic but that means investing in her. Without buffs, as in game wide buffs not offense up, she is a lovely one trick pony at best.
I would rather have almost any other cosmic person on my team

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Not seeing the invite but it’s yours if you want it.

Weird. Hit the request to join last night. Now there’s no button. Do I need to leave my current alliance? I thought it should it just let me switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You may have to yes.

• Locked thread