Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Merrill Grinch posted:

I just made "Catman's Shameful Secret" for a 4th guild, assuming someone else didn't beat me to the punch.

I'm in as a waffle-related object. How's this alliance stuff work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Slash posted:

Level 20 to join alliance.
Level 25 to do raids.

Joined "Catman..." as Slash

So is it only so I can do raids or are there other benefits?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

comatose posted:

How does Nebula go? Seems okish so far but my roster is pretty bad atm.

She's got an interesting kit but I feel like she's not doing enough damage to make her worth putting more resources into.

Which reminds me... how's this game with balance updates? Is this going to end up like that DC game where characters would drop or raise several tiers of power every week or so?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Some guy named Starblade's the#1 guy on my shard... he's level 45 and his team power's like 30k :|

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Is there a way to distinguish what characters are supposed to be adjacent beyond apparently everyone to everyone else in my party but no one to anyone else in the enemy party?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Just join any of the Alliances in the OP. You get tons of resources for leveling abilities, it's great to be in an Alliance.

-e-
(You should join Catman's Shameful Secret)

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Has anyone mathed out the best ways to level blitz teams? Especially at low levels. Like, I assume you want to T4 just so they have all their skills, but from there is a particular balance of gear / skills / regular levels / ranks better than others? This might just be a hilariously complicated question. Levelling up skills seems to usually be the biggest jumps in power level. Since there's no way to UN-level people I'm vaguely nervous about levelling a mook too high that it'll turn out is way OP at 2K strength or some poo poo.

I'm just kind of bad at blitz in general -- I think it's because my lower-level teams are just random assemblies of dudes and not coherent teams with synergies, but I've levelled stuff unevenly. Hand Sorc and Elektra are both 3K so I guess I want to get my Archer / Blademaster / Sentry (once I get him) at about the same tier but they're all at 1.5K now... or should I be looking at the mechanical synergies first and not worry about having teams of mostly same-level people?

Well, generally speaking, you shouldn't worry about over-leveling your characters since your Blitz rewards are tied directly to the power level of your team and the team that you're fighting. It'll ultimately end up giving you more points.
Also, I think there's a limit to how strong teams can be at lower level tier ranks... so, again, there's no real downside to leveling characters up.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Looking at her upgraded abilities, she seems interesting but doesn't seem to do much damage and energy generation feels really unreliable as a mechanic.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Eddain posted:

I think I fought an Arena team that had Jessica Jones, Quake, Crossbones, Yondu, Captain America. The gimmick was all the Taunts and energy gain getting them their AOEs fast to blow you up.

Did it work?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Every time I see a Hulk on an Arena or Blitz team, my eyes turn into [appropriate game currency].
Quake hitting him with two turns of slow means he gets like two maybe three actions even if I save him for last. He's only an issue if I can't purge his taunt.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Zachack posted:

50 Korath. Yay?

Korath is rad. Dude's got a pretty decent set of utility, does great damage, and has a fantastic passive.
The only reason that he's not on my A-team is because Gamora exists (though, I do like pairing the two up to steamroll through easy raid nodes).

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

FoxNext posted:

Mega Orb Fragments will later be available in different locations throughout the game. You can start earning them in this weekend’s Vision Blitz!

It looks like they'll stick around but I can't tell where else they'd be able to shove these things... Arena? An event maybe... maybe a Sunday only challenge.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

At skill level 4 or 5 (I forget which, sorry) you get 2 evades and 2 counters per skill use.

It's 40ish for the two counters and 50 for the 2 evades, which yeah is a huge investment.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

New Leaf posted:

Not to mention loving Crossbones who everyone and their mother has.. The enemy could have Thanos and Ultron and Iron Man and Cap and any other whale character you want, but if they have Crossbones on their team, that motherfucker has to die ASAP!

I hate him so much. I am sick of fighting him in like 80% of my blitz and arena fights.

Quake's ult hits almost as hard but she doesn't illicit that same level of "holy poo poo die" that I get from seeing a crossbones on the enemy team.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Oh awesome. I can't wait to double up on my normal rate of zero shards per node.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
CSS is pretty consistently 20+/24 on raids.

Clans in this game really need to be much larger and raids seriously need to be redesigned so that A) you're not competing with your fellow dudes and B) you don't get hosed for not having 100% participation.

• Locked thread