Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Greetings True Believers! Excelsior! and other poo poo...

Welcome to Marvel Strike Force! A new game that is the same as an old game!

Gather a team of your favorite heroes from cinema and television (and Wolverine) to defeat the evil dimension dominating ULTIMUS in turn based combat!

If you are familiar with Galaxy of Heroes / Avengers Alliance it plays identical to both. Collect shards in a certain amount to unlock different heroes and villains.

Currently, I am your fearless Alliance Leader DIABETIC and we are rocking the super original name Groot Squad the OG as it were.

There are also a poo poo load of lesser, uncool Alliances available -- Edit: We have a poo poo load of squads and most are pretty packed, but ask in the thread for any ones that are open and a goon will be happy to direct you to where you need to go.

The game is currently available on Android, IOS, and PC for free, if you link your FB account to the game you unlock a 3-star Daredevil!

We also have a discord(s) :

https://discord.gg/FpcuPXM --- Discord Hebrons and General Chat

https://discord.gg/tneWgZy --- All Alliance Chat and Recruitment.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

How terrible is it for f2p unlocks and also is it sufficiently unoptimized to drain your battery in two seconds flat?

Terrible in that you can grind out shards to get heroes and villains, boxes are currently random to get shards but you can grind them out by doing auto complete on missions that have that specific person you're looking for.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Phyresis posted:

where's venom

Venom supposedly is there as per the loading screen graphics. They can never lie!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Guess who got Wolverine

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

And holy poo poo Groot Squad is already full. I apologize to anyone I didn't get to add as I can only put up to 24 in a group at this time. If someone wants to make a splinter group now that would be my suggestion until they increase alliance sizes.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Diabetic, add discord to the OP. We have a channel for it: https://discord.gg/FpcuPXM

Channel is the Marvel Strike Force Quarantine Zone on Professional Gamers.

I’m enjoying this game. Shits expensive but the fact they have Xmen is all that matters to me. Let’s have some fun. And being it’s new, I think we all have plenty to discuss.

Added!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Can I have a list of all the current Alliances we have and the respective rosters so I can update the first post?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Just know the Marble Hebrons, lord of marvel games and Marvel Heroes extraordinaries, will let you know when the roster is full. We will keep this game alive through our trust funds.

When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the Master. -- Diabetic, Lord of America

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Amen to that. Grasshopper no longer.

11 spots open in Marble Hebrons. Going hard in the paint.

The paint is, of course, yellow.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

The Fantastic Four are finally going to have a comic again as of August, I believe (unfortunately Dan Slott's writing it, thank you cursed monkey paw), so I think Marvel will start tapping that well again sooner rather than later.

Screw everything about the fantastic four except for Dr. Doom.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Right now I run Rocket, Luke Cage, Yondu, Wolverine, and Crossbones. It is loving evil how they just tear through poo poo. I don't even strategize fights I turn up the speed and set them to auto and it's unreal how quick they clean house.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

Does anybody know if eternity splinters have a set drop rate? Like if I play for X amount of hours I should get X amount of splinters?

I'm sitting on a ton of boosts from fortune cards and might finally get Cap to purple and hopefully yellow this weekend. Still waiting for a Sacred White Gorilla Necklace, just doesn't want to drop.

Good Lord in Heaven, it's like being smacked in the face with both nostalgia and stupid.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Diabetic, please add Catman’s Shameful Secret as an available guild too.

Looks like we are onto our 5th anyway.

Added!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

We got 2 additional goon MSF guilds on another discord:

Goon Squad
Goon Registration Act

Feel free to apply, I believe they both have room.

Here's the discord we're using:
https://discord.gg/vBmUtjN

This is primarly the goon SWGOH discord, so just @me on there and I'll take you with the msf role.

Can you add the above to the OP?

Updated!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

My current team is Xbones, Wolverine, Drax, Yondu, and Rocket. I currently have unlocked Hulk and Quake, should I swap them out for anyone and can I replace anyone with Cap when I get him?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

New update, everything is glitchy as gently caress. Fox Next in negotiations to take on entire Gazillion staff.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Alliance leaders, do you have any way to restrict who can start a raid? Keys are getting blown on the wrong raids almost daily.

Not really, it relies more on people being active in the Alliance to work together to get it setup.

Also:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Completed all of the missions for Thanos and only got 65 shards. Gonna be a bitch to get the rest, let alone level his star rating up.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Played this morning and started the game up this afternoon, game keeps stating it needs to restart at 42% and then at 10%. Not sure what happened and tried to re-download, same thing.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I had uninstalled/reinstalled a few times until I tried to restart my phone...then I'M BACK IN THE GAME!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

HebrewMagic posted:

I can barely fathom a game where Hawkeye is worth using

He was my first hero in Marble Hebrons before you could farm eternity splinters and I unlocked my second being Scarlet Witch.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Kowak posted:

There's 2 open spots in Groot Squad.
Please try to do at least a couple of nodes in raids and acknowledge that alliance chat exists.

Speaking of, WerrWaaa, what's the deal with jumping in a raid to get rewards but never even trying to move off of the starting point? Not cool.

Just kicked them. I am sugar free for a reason.

Also gotta brag on something I found at a discount store.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 22, 2018

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Discord information updated in the OP.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Kemix posted:

I’ma groot squadie. I’m pretty bad at everything I do, but hey I try to not suck so much

:hfive:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

The one thing driving me crazy is ability parts. I know I'm probably way behind as I think I'm only level 2-3 on stuff at Level 53 but it sucks farming those things.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I dunno, you just sorta do raids and they show up periodically

I do raids, but what happens is, I get enough for maybe one ability upgrade per raid.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

For those that want to join a more casual guild where we're not monitoring but we are trying to get Thanos, without getting 100%. Groot Squad will welcome you at this time.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Kaddish posted:

Just started playing this game and its pretty decent. I have the Thor new player bundle available. Is it worth the $10 if I'm enjoying the game?

I'd buy it, and I'm both a Marvel whore and a cheap skate. So take that for what you will.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

If this actually sold characters I would whale out so bad, but as it stands, I won't spend a dime for energy or currency, that's just stupid.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a guild to just play casually and unlock characters eventually, not right away, Groot squad is for you! I'm personally ten shards from Thanos, and we are doing ok in the tier two raids. None of us are 60 but I'm 55 and I've gotten most characters besides strange and Widow unlocked so I plan on bulking up all my characters to have plenty of a and b teams.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

50 bucks for black Panther? Holy poo poo they really don't know how to do this do they?

I can't wait for when they start dealing costumes for that cluster gently caress. Will I still play? gently caress yeah it's too entertaining.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 4, 2018

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

x50 Wolverine, guess he's going to be my first 5 star hero.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

50 Winter Soldier. I honestly have no idea if that's good or not.

I know that any time I am against a player with that, I usually get some poo poo wrecked.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

So Vision's move set looks directly ripped off from Avengers Alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

My game still says the maintenance is going on, is it doing the same for everyone else?

• Locked thread