Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Applied to IAG as Zox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

This is presumably a bit alliance specific but if I'm level 38 should I still join a lvl 40 raid if it's not full?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

50 Korath. Yay?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah I hope they revamp raids in the future. It also feels weird to be essentially competing with your Alliance members for a higher spot on the damage list.

They need to get rid of the competing (or heavily modify it) and eliminate raid energy, unless I'm mistaken and a 50 raid can be completed with everyone just doing 5 fights.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Suprfli6 posted:

Raid energy is fine as long as your guild members contribute. 8 people to clear like 52 nodes is an average of 65 energy each, which takes 16 hours to build up. If you’ve got lots of people only clearing the first two or three nodes in their lane it’s a little more annoying but you can still 100% them in 24 hours.

But why have raid energy at all except as a nuisance? The raids already require everyone to participate, so there seems to be no benefit to inhibiting players that may suddenly have enough time to run 7 nodes at once but not enough to run 5 nodes and then 2 nodes 4 hours later. If the raids lasted for 36 hours or more then it shouldn't matter, but currently it's set up so that if you don't get 5 nodes in near the start of the raid then the window to get back in shrinks heavily.

• Locked thread