Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Goon Squad is the SA Galaxy of Heroes community's guild. We also have a discord channel if you wanna chat in real time with total assholes. The link is in the ally spreadsheet located here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

One place for Raid Healing bits is ranked Blitz rewards. You need to get up to 10k score to get into rank rewards.

For people who haven't read the whole thread, just a reminder that some of the goons playing this game are on Discord via the SWGOH discord.

Link is in this spreadsheet:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211&pagenumber=1&perpage=40
MSF has its own channel, so just scroll down in Discord until you find it.

There's a non-GoH associated discord too: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853028&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post482691496

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HebrewMagic posted:

These drops for shards feel abysmal even compared to Galaxy of Heroes but they gave me my boys Punisher and Wolferine fairly early so I'm in for the long haul

If you think of them as hard nodes (which they are) the drop rate is fairly decent. The fact that you get 2 instead of 1 when it procs is nice.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Get Yondu ASAP. He's a beast. All 4 of his abilities are cool af.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Slash posted:

100 tokens to unlock... and as far as i can tell only available through raid orbs?

It's not as bad as it sounds. You get a steady stream of raid currency and he has a regular 5 shard buy in the raid shop.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
In terms of resource allocation, do the following:
1. Focus on the #1 toon you like keeping them maxxed on gear, abilities, and levels and making sure you are farming them every day.
2. When you hit a wall in terms of progression on the 1st guy (e.g. purple ab mats, gear pieces not unlocked) move onto a 2nd toon.
3. Repeat that process until you have 5 dudes pretty much maxxed. This is your arena team.

Eventually you will be able to fill in the cracks in your 1st 5 to make a set of 5 villains, 5 heroes, 5 cosmics, 5 shield, etc.

The reason for this method is that 1 high-powered toon is generally better than 5 guys whose power adds up to that toon. You can test this yourself by taking your top 2 toons & 3 lvl 1 guys into an evenly matched blitz and watching your 2 big guys mop the floor with the opponent.

In terms of candidate toons, if you pick from these lists you're probably doing fine:
Farmable Heroes top 10:
10. Drax
9. Elektra
8. Hawkeye
7. Crossbones
6. Kingpin
5. Nebula
4. Captain America
3. Gamora
2. Yondu
1. Quake

Farmable generics top 10:
5. Ravager bruiser
4. Shield Op
3. Hand blademaster
2. Merc Lt
1. Hand Sentry

I noticed Iron Fist & Winter Soldier arent on the hero top 10 even though they are farmable. They are probably fine too if you like them. I'm guessing they got edged out by Gamora because she is from a specific farming location (blitz store) instead of a node and fills a similar role.

e: I forgot to mention that your #1 priority overall is your arena team. This is the primary source of power cores for f2p players. Power cores = progress.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 10, 2018

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For blitz, you want to try to use your entire roster, healers included. Pair your top guys with your worst guys then work toward the middle of your roster avoiding spending the blitz energy as long as possible.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Far enough to unlock the dudes / gear you need.

Yeah once you reach equilibrium with your arena team, you'll sort of see-saw back and forth between unlocking nodes and grinding new gear for quite a while. I generally let the flow of the game dictate that for me. If there is gear available for my arena team, I farm that. Once I run out, I switch to campaign progression and go as far as I can. Rinse/repeat.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

vulturesrow posted:

Welp I haven't unlocked arena yet. Until then?

Its not too early to start researching who you want on your arena team and begin the process of improving them. You can use msf.gg to look at what to expect as each toon reaches his potential.
My current recommendation is:
Yondu from H1.9
Hawkeye from V1.9
Quake/Drax from arena (when you unlock it)
Gamora/XBONES from blitz store (when you unlock it)
Pick 5 of those. Focus on Yondu as soon as you unlock him. Blue dad owns hard. I haven't actually started on Hawkeye cuz I had Cap/DD early, but he's a good choice for early focus too. AoE blind is apparently super awesome.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not to hype him up too much, but swapping in Drax for DD single handedly stopped my arena freefall. He's not just a huge meatwall. He's a huge, constantly countering, self-healing, & re-taunting meatwall.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Because the SWGOH goons started their own 'cord with blackjack AND HOOKERS like 2 years ago. Some of us joined the SAPG channel. :shrug:

It's kind of cool that two SA communities found each other on discord. We should all kiss and have babies with each other.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He's a blaster so he has at least some value in that stupid challenge that I hate.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Cap owns. Inspire is rad as hell. Adding energy means your nukes land before theirs and Defense up literally cuts incoming damage in half. His taunt + block chance is a great damage mitigator.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not sure if it's been mentioned in here, but some folks in our alliance have had success switching off beta shards just by complaining a 2nd time. I went ahead and filed a ticket under Support > Arena > chat bubble.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Re: arena, I target anybody w xbones in their lineup. I think his kit is absolute garbage. He's good for villain game modes but overall he's a turd.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fix posted:

I’m bad at raids. Is there some secret place to farm health packs, or is it pretty much cores for healing?

Farm night nurse. She will vastly improve your raid team.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Silly question but what is my rotation for NN? She will vastly improve my raid team but how do I maximize my dominance with this top tier waifu?

I currently just sub out my lowest powered arena dude. That changes almost daily so the bench guy changes too.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Eddain posted:

Yeah Drax is pretty vital later on to protect your squishy guys from getting killed before they even take a turn. He starts off the round with a taunt and can taunt again on his turn, it's really useful. Make sure you really gear him up though since he'll need a ton of armor and HP to survive all the hits.

Luckily, armor & HP aren't really issues for him:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You guys have probably already figured this out, but just in case: put your tanks in the two sidemost spots. Those slots have 1 fewer adjacency for burst effects.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You should get Nebula. She is a good villain and cosmic and fun to play.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Belgian Waffle posted:

Looking at her upgraded abilities, she seems interesting but doesn't seem to do much damage and energy generation feels really unreliable as a mechanic.

Energy generation is fantastic, but I think Cap is a better choice for the role. I'm kinda curious what a maxxed cap/jj could do with 3 AoE guys. I bet it would be pretty cool.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Plus he's a cosmic, which is nice.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zotix posted:

He's also a blaster, which is a oval office challenge.

This is probably a better tag than the cosmic thing, yeah

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Am I missing something with this merc poo poo? I have 5 dudes all level 20+ and gear tier 4 and skills 2+ but the poo poo ain’t unlocking.

Starts in 9h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
At some point we might want to look toward consolidation. SWGoH has been steadily supporting 100 goons for a while now and I wouldn't be surprised if this game ends up being the same, so 4 total guilds.

• Locked thread