Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Applied for Marble Hebrons as Trips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tom Gorman posted:

Does anybody know if eternity splinters have a set drop rate? Like if I play for X amount of hours I should get X amount of splinters?

I'm sitting on a ton of boosts from fortune cards and might finally get Cap to purple and hopefully yellow this weekend. Still waiting for a Sacred White Gorilla Necklace, just doesn't want to drop.

Thanks for triggering my PTSD

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Did they change the threshold for blitz rewards? It’s 6k for the Yondu blitz and I swear the rest were 10.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like Spider-Man, but he dies so quickly that I'm going to replace him on my hero team as soon as I get someone else who deals suitable damage. He's already out in every mode that allows villains.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HebrewMagic posted:

Apparently I was in the 11%-25% bracket for the Yondu Blitz and got enough shards to get the blue space dad rolling and boy howdy is he rad

That aoe loving overrules evade, holy poo poo

My biggest surprise has been finding out that the dudes he summons are actually really good and do a lot of damage and/or healing, on top of tanking a couple of hits for you.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zachack posted:

This is presumably a bit alliance specific but if I'm level 38 should I still join a lvl 40 raid if it's not full?

Definitely, if you're in Marble Hebrons

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I thought there were 35 people in an alliance for some reason.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I guess this guy has been playing for a while.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

cams posted:

what is the droprate on shards from campaign missions? only my third day playing, i ran 20 shard missions this morning and did not recieve a single one.

curious if this is to be expected going forward or if this was an outlier.

I'm happy to get 2 shards per 5 missions, the drop rates are total poo poo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HebrewMagic posted:

Got Quake unlocked last night, just gotta get her up to snuff to join the rest of my good crew. How's punisher fare as poo poo goes? I love Big Pun but he's feeling like he's slipping behind quick.

I've got him around 3500 power and I mostly keep him in my second group or put him in when the other team has a lot of tanks and I want to do AoE damage. I think he's going to get totally replaced by Quake for me since she does AoE and is more generally useful with the mass slow on her normal attack.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

There are worse ways to spend money on this game.

Don’t spend money on this game.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Free Bruce Banner

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

explosivo posted:

So I get the "Don't focus on developing all heroes at once" sentiment, but I assume I still want at least 5 heroes and 5 villains at least max level to complete the campaigns, correct? I take this to mean don't spend the upgrade items to upgrade every single hero you have because you'll run out of money/resources very fast.

You only need to do the campaigns to unlock chars or nodes you want to farm, IMO

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I like wolverine, he's pretty good at AoE and staying alive along with being able to delete an enemy unit.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'd replace JJones before I replaced Punisher TBH

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I need her ability to strip buffs and debuffs if facing a Cap or Cage, it works v well

Also it's hilarious to see a 19000ish team in the lower 4k in arena because it's basically a free win and you know they're also Xboxsplosion build, but the AI can't run that properly and it's easy to roll

Ah, I just use Quake for that if it’s really important or just kill the offending enemy, works ok

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If I had the option I might go for that cap offer, not gonna lie. Everything else has been garbage.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zotix posted:

I'll pay for some blue ability mats because God loving drat

Yeah, the grind from gear level six to seven is real

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I expect ICR to have whaled out for Thanos within a day of him dropping

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

davebo posted:

Wait, does it matter which path you take? I've just been joining wherever and doing the damage I can before dying, but I thought there was an overall % of damage done and didn't think it mattered where I did mine. How's that work?

Each node has to be defeated to bring the raid percentage up. You can't change directions outside of a few choices on each path, so if you want to 100% a raid people have to make sure that each path is covered so that each node is hit.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

New Wave Jose posted:

Can the ones in charges of I am Goon start a Thanos Raid please?

You probably don't have enough Thanos raid keys for a good one yet, it's hard to come by.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The thanos raid is a toughy

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Away all Goats posted:

Curious about experienced players opinion on this tier list:

Am I safe to put all my resources into getting Drax up as much as I can?

This pretty much matches what I see with all the really high level arena teams on my shard

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rocket and Drax also benefit from Gamora’s buff if you’re running her. I think my current plan, since I have all of these characters, is Drax/Gamora/Quake/Yondu/currently Wolverine but soon to be replaced with like daredevil maybe?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

an adult beverage posted:

I'm pleased with the new Thor Blitz. Looks like a much better reward structure than the BP event.

They seem to have two structures for events that award shards: this one, which was also in the Yondu and Iron Fist events, and the BP style, which was that and Black Widow.

They should all be like this, so everyone can actually work toward unlocking whatever hero, IMO, but I guess you get more whales with the other structure.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

We've already got one really good one, Marble Hebrons

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Diabetic posted:

The one thing driving me crazy is ability parts. I know I'm probably way behind as I think I'm only level 2-3 on stuff at Level 53 but it sucks farming those things.

I dunno, you just sorta do raids and they show up periodically

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

davebo posted:

Wait are you all not playing with an utter lack of joy at 3X speed with static camera setting?

I play at 3x but the animations make the game a lot more fun so I like watching them

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zotix posted:

You don't have Black Widow. Don't recruit Hulk. He's dog poo poo w/ speed up.

You can't exactly farm Black Widow.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

thrawn527 posted:

What is everyone's opinion on Thanos? I have him unlocked, but under geared and under leveled because I'm broke. So I haven't been able to really use him yet. A SWGOH friend of mine is pretty underwhelmed, likening him to General Grevious in that game.

He doesn't seem great.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Now that my A-team is all Gear level 7-8 and star level 4, I think it's time to finally focus on a B-team. The grind to improve people past that level for the A-team is really boring anyway.

edit: Thanos has changed up my play style a bit. Now I tend to leave a Yondu/Kingpin/whoever around so I can get a few more bodies to hit with his AoE heal instead of just burning them down immediately

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 1, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zotix posted:

So, the easiest way to do raids from what I've seen high up guilds do is assign a strike team and raid number to each person in the guild. The stronger players get the tougher routes, the weaker players get weaker routes with more options for assistance from others. That way you raid the same path for each raid every day. You log in, do your route, and then you're off. You don't need to worry about who needs help where or people taking the wrong path. You just assign a path to each person, make sure every is following the same strat, and you go about your business. A lot of the lower guilds I've seen aren't assigning people. They are just having people pick their own paths.

Let's make this game more of a chore, sounds awesome

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

thrawn527 posted:

Out of curiosity, what was the exploit?

There was no cooldown for leaving or joining clans, so you could hop from clan to clan and get raid rewards to rack up Thanos shards and skill materials.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

50 Winter Soldier. I honestly have no idea if that's good or not.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Away all Goats posted:

I don't understand the logic of making Nebula part of not one, but two bundles when we just had a Nebula blitz and she's currently the month's daily login bonus.

Maybe the mistake is thinking there is supposed to be logic in this

What if you just need those extra shards to get up to 6 or 7 stars? How else would you ever get them?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I’ve seen a few people say something like this. When you’re talking about “leveled pretty high” can you be more clear? I’ve been on the fence about bringing her up, but I need another villain and am debating her or Thor for the cosmic team.

At skill level 4 or 5 (I forget which, sorry) you get 2 evades and 2 counters per skill use.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I also got enough shards to get a star.

I got Jessica Jones from 1 to 2.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MarcusSA posted:

Who even is the cosmic healer??

Ravager Stitcher does the traditional healing, Kree Oracle gives regen.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looks like the same thing as the thanos drop so let’s get raiding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Trips and MyHotStepDad:

You two need to join discord. Particularly, the one called SA Professional Gamers because it’s the marvel discord and it’s where all the Hebrons talk (amongst 15 other game channels and community talk etc). It’s a large place.

Also, I kick after 3-4 days inactivity and don’t read game chat because discord is life. I shoot and ask questions later.

Thanks dawgs.

You can boot me (trips) for someone more active, I don’t have the time i did at launch

• Locked thread