Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Word on the street is that you need five SHIELD characters to get Ironman later down the line. So picking up the Shield Operative and one or two others isn't a bad idea.

You also might want to grab one or two Ravagers so you can get 5 Cosmic characters to unlock the Cosmic campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

E2M2 posted:

$10 for Cap seems like a lot.

People get offered that when they signed up for a really short period of time. Most people didn't get him since they didn't know if that was a good deal or not. (Myself included.)
And now they are regreating it since it gets him at a high level really fast and is an amazing boost.

Obviously play the game the way you want, but if I could do it over, I would get Cap.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

If I had the option I might go for that cap offer, not gonna lie. Everything else has been garbage.

Someone on Reddit showed an offer they got for $5. It was 15 Nebula shards (enough to recruit her) and a bunch of other stuff. (Purple power cores, gold, training stuff, other things.)

That was the only other offer that might have tempted me since it was just $5.

Being asked to pay €35 for 45 Yondu shards or €55 for Nebula and Gamora were both terrible deals.

Whomever came up with the idea that different players get offered different deals should be fired.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

When I was young and didn't have cable, my brother and I would rent out VHS's all the time.
And one we loved as kids was Go-Bots Battle of the Rock Lords. I went back an re-watched it and it's hilarious in the way 80s cartoons can be.

But the bad guys had a group of villains known as the Goon Squad. Not only that, but there is a bit where one of them says in a robots voice
"The Goon Squad is standing by, Cy-Kill!"

Every time I see "Groot Squad" in my head I play that clip.

And if you want to, you can too.

Just search GoBots of the Rocklords on Youtube. And go to the 14minute 30 second mark.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 26, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Zotix posted:

Apparently there's a new $10 bundle out for new players and it's just like the Captain America bundle but it's Black Widow. If you are starting now, you loving buy this bundle or you don't play the game. Black Widow is an even better character than Captain America.

...I want that bundle.
Why can't I be given that?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So I loaded up the game to see if they were doing any special bundles for sale to the in with Avengers.

And they were. For €23 I could buy 500K gold. And two gold orbs.

These guys just do not want my money.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So I was playing in my guilds raid on my phone while walking my dog.

I get an easy node to do and send in my C team who are wrecking face. It comes to the last guy and...the game glitches.

All enemies gone, my team wait there. I can't do anything. The quit button does nothing.

I have to close the app. When I log back in all my guys are dead, the node is untouched. And I am scored at 0 points.

That was pretty drat frustrating

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I got Korath with my 50 shards. Guess I had best build an all Kree team.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

The Mega Orbs will also mean people will take part in the Orb Assault Blitzs.

As for Nebula a rumour as to why they are pushing her is some upcoming Event that will require her at 5 stars for a reward.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

First they remove Crossbones Inhuman tag. Then they make Deadpool a Mutant.
What's next?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Deadpool is one of those characters who is associated with the X-Men corner of the universe, but isn't himself a Mutant. See also Juggernaut.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I had trouble. Basically when you click on the link you should have the option of opening the link in Chrome of Strike Force. Pick Strike Force.

If it's not giving you that option I used an Android App called Open Link With.
I downloaded that, copied the Link and it let me open it with Strike Force.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So normally when I Blitz I finish in the 11-25% bracket.
This time I decided to push and got 135K plus, enough to get Milestone 9. I figured that should have been good enough for 1-10%.

Nope, I finish 11-25%.
Still I console myself with the thought that I get a Mega Orb and I'll get some good shards from that. I open it and get 2 Spider-man, 2 Luke Cage and 50 Elektra shards.
I open two premium orbs and they are also junk.

Then I look at the Blitz and it's for Bullseye shards.

I'm really wondering if I'll keep playing this game for now. Seems like a series of slaps to the teeth.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Hogama posted:

Double S.H.I.E.L.D. rates from campagin are active.

Frustratingly the email said on the 12th and 18th there would be double shards.
Everyone thought that they ment from the 12th to the 18th. It now just seems, no on those two days only there would be double shards.
This is powerful lame.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Yarrington posted:

I spent some cores refreshing the nodes. Its not like there's anything else they're good for.

I've been spending my cores buying Black Widow shards when they show up in the stores. I'm at 86/100 now.
I might have a team of 3 star SHIELD for the event. But no chance of getting 4 or 5 stars.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

Deadpool is solid A-Team material. Too bad he'll be stuck at 3-4 stars or whatever until Deadpool 3 comes out.

They'll probably re-release the Deadpool raids. Only the only people who will get any shards will be the six riches princes in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I have never gotten 20K off a Blitz win. The best I have ever done was about 8K. Now I accept that I could get higher than Tier 6, but that's the best I do.

I normally finish in the 11-25% bracket IN blitz. I have finished in the 1-10% bracket for one or two Blitzes, but that's it.

I do not find Blitz this super easy welfare reward system.

• Locked thread