Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Any goon alliances have slots open? I just turned lvl 40 and the game made me the alliance leader of a bunch of mutes and inactives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I unlocked Drax today and immediately 3 starred a bunch of missions I was stuck on for so long. Jesus what an upgrade.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

It's a good thing the cash shop in this game is absolute garbage or I might end up spending money on it. I missed the Cap for $10 deal and keep hoping I'll see something similar but I get nothing but terrible offers for exp chips and orbs.

Yeah I wanted to drop maybe 5-10 bucks on this game but like everything is a lootbox. Just let me buy something I want instead of a chance at something I want

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Curious about experienced players opinion on this tier list:

Am I safe to put all my resources into getting Drax up as much as I can?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Do you stop getting daily objectives at level 45 or something? It turned midnight and my objectives didn't refresh

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kowak posted:

You still do but the game is kind of glitchy sometimes and they get delayed.

Thanks. Restarted my app and they were there.

I need every bit of free resource with the increased difficulty :shepicide:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fix posted:

Does difficulty increase at 45? I just hit it a minute ago.

No they increased the difficulty of campaign, raid and challenge missions during the thanos update. Missions I managed to 2 and 1 star before are completely wiping me instead.

Basically made it incredibly difficult to progress until you slowly grind up or you buy orbs

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I love the animation in this game. When you get an assist that finishes an enemy it usually looks like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2N3HrT0klI&t=135s

There's an animation where Wolverine jumps onto Hulk's face and just starts stabbing away. Only seen it happen once.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I like watching the animations too which makes it annoying that Arena/Raids kinda force you to use 3x speed since they are timed.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

J3ng4 posted:

All I see is the shittiest bundles ever that. I never saw Captain America and I don't have the Black Widow one. gently caress this stupid idea of not everyone getting the same bundles. Do they not like money?

I think the strategy is to make the offer bundles random for people and limited time so that when you DO see them, you're more inclined to buy them since you have no idea how long they will be available for or if you'll ever see them again.

I got the cap bundle offer when I first started but I had no idea if it was good or if I would even like the game. By the time I wanted to drop money on this game it disappeared :shrug:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Should I prioritize leveling up quake, or gamora? I got them both around the same time.

My current best lineup is Drax, Yondu, Luke Cage, Wolverine and the last slot is either Daredevil for Arena/Blitz or Night Nurse in Raids.

I figure Gamora will eventually replace Wolverine/DD eventually as my damage dealer but where would Quake slot in for? Luke Cage?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I just realized you can quit Raid battles and still keep your guys :aaa: For some reason I thought they would get instantly KO'd if you quit

So if most of your team wipes and you have 1-2 guys with health left you can just quit the battle and mix them in with your B and C team. The only cost being your raid energy. Or maybe this is common knowledge

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

davebo posted:

What the gently caress? Why is this not explained anywhere? Is there some big flashing "Leave Battle" button I missed? or do you just close the app?

It's the three horizontal lines at the top left above the time controls

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Daredevil is really good though? But I'm also pretty sure I got him by linking a facebook profile to my account

Also they fixed the Thanos exploit and punished people who used it

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 3, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Great

50 Luke Cage

Wonderful

I got 50 Spiderman :shepicide:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't understand the logic of making Nebula part of not one, but two bundles when we just had a Nebula blitz and she's currently the month's daily login bonus.

Maybe the mistake is thinking there is supposed to be logic in this

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What if you just need those extra shards to get up to 6 or 7 stars? How else would you ever get them?

Nebula shards can be farmed from the campaign

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hah, my Hawkeye just won a 1v3 in Blitz when he blinded all of them and they missed every attack :haw:

Is Hawkeye the only character that can Blind? It seems really good

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Umbra Dubium posted:

Just did a Blitz against someone with an Iron Man on his team.

How's that even possible?

Blitz isn't always a player team, sometimes you fight bots whose name will be Commander-[string of numbers].

other than that maybe hes a huge whale :shrug:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Diabetic posted:

My game still says the maintenance is going on, is it doing the same for everyone else?

I got in earlier but now it says maintenance again. Perfect timing since I got the notification of full camapign energy and its my 2nd refresh :downs:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sneeing Emu posted:

My game keeps getting stuck at 43% loading after multiple restarts. What a buggy update.

The game was lagging like poo poo so they had to take the servers down again

edit: they appear to be back up?

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 17, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What’s the current goon guild? Been playing for a few days and I’m level 30ish.

There are several. Join the discord and ask around in recruitment

https://discordapp.com/invite/tneWgZy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Huh? My game says the event doesnt end for another 21 days

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I'd experiment with putting deadpool in instead of night nurse for everything other than raids. You don't need a healer in most content other than raiding except for occasionally in missions.

I've seen some arguments that Deadpool is actually a top-tier character in Arena and Blitz because your objective in those is to gain a 5v4 hero advantage as quickly as possible and deadpool's taunt bypass is really, really good for that. I'll find out myself in like 3 weeks, maybe.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 22, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Suprfli6 posted:

And Merc Sniper apparently is the hardest hitting minion or something, I haven’t confirmed that though.

Definitely feels like it when you're on the receiving end

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Belgian Waffle posted:

I hate him so much. I am sick of fighting him in like 80% of my blitz and arena fights.

Quake's ult hits almost as hard but she doesn't illicit that same level of "holy poo poo die" that I get from seeing a crossbones on the enemy team.

Quake is basically a glass cannon. Xbone is a modern motorized armored artillery piece that requires your whole team's attention for 2 turns.

I agree how annoying his ubiquitous presence is. I have like 4-5 Blitz teams and he can be found at every stage/tier. It turns every fight into 'Ok everyone kill crossbones, then do whatever'

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I hope they revamp raids in the future. It also feels weird to be essentially competing with your Alliance members for a higher spot on the damage list.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Thanks for the write up. I'm torn on whether to continue upgrading my Medic since it's already lvl 40, or to basically start over and bring my Operative up from lvl 1.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It’s at the point my A team isn’t eating all my low level resources and I’m thinking about where to put them.

I want to start progressing through the hero/villains campaigns.

Where should I focus my resources?

My A team is: gamora, xbones, yondu, bw.

If you don't want to jump into building a B team just yet, Drax can be bought in the Arena store and is very good and will help in the hero and eventually cosmic campaign.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 8, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How are the other goon groups doing in terms of burnout/participation? I think Goon Registration Act is down to about a 12 active members this week with the rest quitting or just no-showing to raids.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Invalid Validation posted:

What players get 200k extra? Is it just random? Are we sure Gaz didn’t change it’s name to Foxnext?

Apparently not every new player gets it either, they just kinda decided to give random new accounts the bonus gold for testing purposes or whatever their excuse was.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So I have to ask as I got a great laugh out of this:

What’s the most an enemy revived on you?

Just 10 minutes ago in the raid, I was on an Ultron raid node and he revived 6 times on me. It felt endless.

Matter of fact, I thought the game was bugged and thought I was in an endless loop. My fate was decided.

Yes, I was scared. Please leave me alone.

I think 4 or 5 is the most I've seen an AI revive.

Whenever my hero triggers a revive they get one-hit right away and it's never more than once.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

"Make sure to hoard that thing you need for everything and also we don't give you enough of to hoard"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Managed to hit tier 3 on the payday event after spending a few hundred cores to get my Merc LT up to 3 stars. Ended up with about 1M~ gold in total :toot:

After leveling up a few guys and ranking up a few others and buying supplies, I now have a whopping 20k gold to spend on whatever they have coming up :shepicide:

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 27, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Alright, catman's Shameful secret is looking to consolidate with another alliance. We've got 13 strongly active members with another 4 semi active. We can either absorb another alliance, in which case preference will be given to the strongly active members, or we can join two other alliances with the strongly active going one way and the semi active going another.

For reference, we managed to hit 60% on a 50 with just the 13 active people.

Yeah, we should probably merge alliances. Goon Registration Act is also usually hitting 60% with about 12-14 participants.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MarcusSA posted:

This event game is 100% whale bait right? Like you can recharge with cores sooo....

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

New Leaf posted:

Everyone stresses the Discord.. what do you guy talk about in there that can't be discussed like.. here or in the in-game chat? I don't see the need for a secondary chat app outside of a game that has a guild chat feature and the forums.

Personally I find discord easier to check and read than the forums, and much easier to write on than in-game chat. Discord also allows raid leaders to alert members if raid progress is at like 99.8% and we just need someone to stare menacingly at the last node.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 29, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Maxy Boy posted:

Game rules though, as someone who will not spend any cash on it I always feel like I'm making gradual progress.
Yeah it's a slow trickle but it's there. I think this is the most noticeable in the challenges where you keep trying every few days and do a little better each time until you finally 3 star it.

I'd complain about the Thanos rewards too but they gave me 100 Black Widow shards in my mega orb :toot:

Still not gonna spend any money until they get some decent deals though.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dawgstar posted:

Out of curiosity, how do you guys run the campaigns? Try and split your resources and keep a level appropriate heroes and villains team or just run one and focus on the other later?

I focused on an A-Team so I could do well on Arena/Blitz. This happened to include two villians, Crossbones and Yondo, who were able to carry my villain team pretty far. I just accepted the fact that campaign progress will be slow/imbalanced though. I completely the heroes campaign a long time ago and just recently started finishing up the villains.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The last time that happened to me, restarting my phone fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

New Leaf posted:

How long are you letting it sit at 42% before you give up? I know its less than ideal, but if you leave it for a few minutes and make sure the screen stays on it will usually finish up whatever the gently caress its doing.

That said.. I'm kinda losing some of my "give a poo poo". I'm getting to the point where I'm sick of the grind. I feel like I'm jumping through the same hoops every day and not really getting anywhere. Yeah, Ant-Man and Wasp have a neat gimmick. So did Deadpool and Cable, and they're not on my A-team either. My team has been what it has been and that's not changing any time soon. So what's the point? The way the game is built its so loving expensive to get someone up to speed that if he isn't going to shake up the current meta in some explosive way it doesn't even matter.

Deadpool is solid A-Team material. Too bad he'll be stuck at 3-4 stars or whatever until Deadpool 3 comes out.

• Locked thread