Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Dumb question: I want to link Facebook to get the free Daredevil, but I mostly have professional contacts on there and don't want the game to spam my or their walls... I just wanted to make sure that if i link it it won't post stupid poo poo to anyone's walls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Got room for 3 dudes in Goon Squad.

Would prefer someone who can participate in 40 raids, but anyone at this point is okay.

We got a 'cord, it's listed in the OP.

Requested as The Sauce Boss... I'll contribute max raid keys daily and i just hit 42 and I am building up my dudes. God bless

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Another Black Panther Blitz.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Unlocked Drax and Night Nurse today. Now to farm the exorbitant amount of gold and items to level them both to 46 and get them raid/arena ready. :negative:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Fix posted:

Hm, I guess she’s at 11 total levels to his 9. That might do it, but then she’s a full 2 levels behind Drax and she’s par with him.

It seems like gear tier gives a bigger score boost than star ratings or levels.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I'm pleased with the new Thor Blitz. Looks like a much better reward structure than the BP event.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

What's the strategy for the end of the daily arena reset? I got into the top 250 with only ten minutes left and when I logged back in to collect the payout I had dropped all the way back below 300. Should I try and start a match right before the time ends?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I'm not too up to date on the pschology of getting people to buy poo poo in f2p games but I don't understand why they don't offer more of those ten dollar bundles. It's the only thing I would drop irl cash on but I don't get any offers. Sucks.

Also I thought it was funny that the big Avengers movie tie in was an email link to buy tickets to the movie... Thanks guys..

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

cams posted:

they give zero shits about people looking for ways they can spend $10-40 in order to keep enjoying the game and advancing at a normal rate. they care waaaay more about the people who will drop $200 immediately because oh man they released doctor strange and the only way for me to guarantee i get him is to buy a fuckton of orbs that drop 2-4 shards a piece and i see my digital action figure i don't actually own as a status symbol

I was thinking along the lines of why not both? Like they could throw out the occasional 10 bux Cap/Black Widow bundles for the casuals, and then have paywalled poo poo like Black Panther or Dr Strange for the whales?

Anyways the devs posted on Reddit and said they plan to interact with the community more with blog updates and Q&As with the playerbase, so maybe they will address some of this stuff.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Just got a 50 bux BP offer... Comes with a gold orb and some gold. A little steep not sure if i should pull the trigger...

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I dream of a farmable Nobu so I can have a Yondu, Nobu, and Kingpin super summoner team.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

He does a great kill animation where he stomps on their head after lasering them to the ground.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 5, 2018

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I think people are more intimidated by Thanos. Ever since I replaced XBox with him i seem to get attacked less and hold arena rank better. Finally cracked top 100.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

The only downside with Nobu is you can't farm his shards unless you whale.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Shedding a tear to all the people who got Ronan for their mega orb

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Those 15 free Thanos shards hit the spot.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Well for the sake of movie licensing, Deadpool is part of the X-Men universe of characters and thus owned by Fox. Disney has agreed to buy Fox, but that hasn't gone through yet.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Sucks because all these issues made it so I couldn't play my final two arena matches that I save for just before the reset so I lost a bunch of rank.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 17, 2018

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Does someone active have leadership of the original goon squad? If so, why not fill it back up with latecomers?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

There was another really good tier list that I've since lost that was a Google doc that they kept updated?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Hogama posted:

Starting tomorrow (or more precisely, in 22 hours and 51 minutes), there's a Flash Event - Payday.

Using Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes as precedent, it'll be a once or twice monthly event, rather than the cycling daily challenges. Gives another target for roster building, in this case, a Mercenary team.
This one's going to be pretty useful - it's a Gold payout.

As of now, there are seven Mercenary characters in the game:

Bullseye (Heroes 2-6, Villains 1-3)
Deadpool (Deadpool Raid Orbs only for now)
Korath the Pursuer (Villains 5-9, Cosmic 3-9)
Mercenary Lieutenant (Villains 3-3, Nexus 6-3)
Mercenary Riot Guard (Blitz store)
Mercenary Soldier (Raid store; on rotation)
Mercenary Sniper (Nexus 4-6)

The requirements are a full team of 5 at minimum star levels from 1-6 (there's no tier that needs all 5 to be 7*), so it's unlikely many will have enough starred Mercenaries to go higher than tier 2-3 this go around.
But it also looks like while the event's active (at least this time), the Campaign levels will have double drop rewards for the 4 Mercenaries you can farm (Bullseye, Korath, Merc Lieutenant and Sniper) for the duration of the event (24 hours), so it might be useful to prioritize them when it goes live.

I've never played GOH, but I assume they may rotate other similar events with different team synergies? Like a one day Hand event, or all AIM, Hydra, etc?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Zotix posted:

Most likely those are going to be for certain characters. It's been data mined that red skull will be 5 hydra.

Just found this on Reddit:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Of course the best minion team is the worst reward.

Yep it sucks... I want all those things except training modules. But, I also don't know that I want to invest in getting five star minion teams solely for these events. Maybe I'll focus on what i want most which is gold.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah it's a lot of gold. The two star is 450k total. Korath, Deadpool, and Merc Lt. are all solid and probably worth having leveled anyways. Just the other two guys will be a chore.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

There's a recruiting channel in the discord in the OP. Just post there til a spot opens. Unfortunately they only allow 24 people per alliance, so a spot might not open right away. In the meantime stay in your crappy alliance and join their raids and collect rewards until a spot opens up.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

The discord for this game has been very active so hopefully you'll find something quickly.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I had him unlocked and it worked for me. It was instantaneous too.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I was hoping their awful deals would bomb and they would be forced to come up with reasonable offers, but no, Strike Force is now the number one RPG on the play store.

Sucks, means more $35 mega orbs where you end up with 100 Scientist Supreme or Ronan shards.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Kree team not as bad as an AIM team at least. I think the AIM tagged characters are some of the worst I've seen in any game.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Just calculated that I would need to average 13 shards per day until the last day of the event on SHIELD Security, Medic, and HE in order to get them to five stars. I don't think that's possible without buying cores. I think farming two nodes a day will average like 4-6 shards per character per day.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Got 20 cap shards God bless Foxnext.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I wish the deals were consistent, but I don't mind better daily rewards for new players otherwise they would never catch up.

I do wish they would turn xp into something useful for people at the level cap. I've been 60 for like two weeks and that's a ton of wasted rewards.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

It looks like Ant Man and Wasp will be an event? I'm guessing it'll be just like Deadpool then? Play through a mini campaign and then do a themed raid. Maybe Wasp will be a Blitz during the event like Cable was.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

What was the Rocket Raccoon event last time? I didn't get to play it. Did it require specific teams or star levels like the Iron Man event? I want to prepare for that cause I'll be damned if I don't get Rocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

The ant man campaign I just look at as getting purple gear and a 2-3 star Ant-Man as a bonus. It's two weeks of free advanced phosphates basically. Make sure to hit advanced phosphates every day.

• Locked thread