Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What should I spend my power cores on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
You guys are talking about campaign energy right? Cos when I try and get more of that it wants me to spend some other bizarro currency that isn't power cores but for some reason I have 200/200 of it.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Ok thanks!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
How does Nebula go? Seems okish so far but my roster is pretty bad atm.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not really sure where to go next with my roster. I think I could use a few more characters beefed up but I don't know who to spend stuff on. I've got space dad, crossboner, wolferine, quake and nebula hanging in my top tier with elektra just below. Elektra seems ok but not great. The other partially leveled stuff I have is basically the starter guys like punisher, spiderman, luke cage, hand sorc, and shield medic which I don't think are good/useful. The big list of crap of unlocked but not touched cos I don't know if they're worth it are: hand blademaster, shield trooper, merc soldier, ronan, shield operative, daredevil, jessica jones, bullseye, hydra grenadier and ravager boomer. Is any of this worth spending resources on?

I'm working on unlocking gamora and drax but is there anyone else I can target through the campaign stuff?

comatose fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 16, 2018

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
These campaign missions where you have to 'protect' an npc for 4 rounds or whatever can get hosed.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

The Question IRL posted:

Someone on Reddit showed an offer they got for $5. It was 15 Nebula shards (enough to recruit her) and a bunch of other stuff. (Purple power cores, gold, training stuff, other things.)

That was the only other offer that might have tempted me since it was just $5.

Being asked to pay €35 for 45 Yondu shards or €55 for Nebula and Gamora were both terrible deals.

Whomever came up with the idea that different players get offered different deals should be fired.

I just had this offer. It was $8AUD for 15 Nebula shards and some small amount of random currencies. I didn't take it cos its a garbage deal imo much like the rest of the offers. Except the cap one of course.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I also got 65 because I got an 18 in my last orb thing. Guess theres some 'bad luck' protection thing going on with the event part.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
God drat the gear grind in this game is starting to get brutal. The drop rates on that one thing you need can gently caress you over so hard sometimes.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Here is the latest hot take from reddit on which heroes are great/good/ok/bad:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qBv1YT4rcoQzcp02kohMTjGJnY5v5WrQ8O1SWWy8hso/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Nah they totally know what they're doing. They're making bank from people who will pay anything to unlock a character that can't be unlocked any other way. Its a lovely deal but hey thats mobile games for you.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Its not a guaranteed shitload like you got. I got 50 kingpin shards :shrug:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Proton Decay, Stein, Crazy, Waffleman, Gesten, Arrg, Buttcoin and myself (ModusOperandi) have all sounded off thus far from Catmen.

Edit: Thase, New Leaf, Windborn, Sinistral, Yarr, maxman420.

I'll try and keep this post updated.

My secret shame is that I am a catman.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I really don't like how they run the events that require certain teams. I missed out on the mercenary and iron man events because I didn't have the required lovely characters unlocked or at whatever stupid star level was needed so I got jack poo poo. I'm probably going to miss the star lord and hand events because again I don't have the heroes or can't rank up the ones I do have in time. Guess I'll just wait another month or so until they show up again and maybe I'll have the teams for the events then :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Edit: Nebula's claim to fame thing is she can be annoying as hell with all the dodges and counterattacks and speedups and all that poo poo, but the fact is she doesn't do enough damage to be a DPS, and she has no way to taunt so she can't tank and she doesn't have team buffs so she can't support. All the enemy has to do is ignore her for last and then mop up with superior numbers because you effectively started the fight with a four man team.

This is 100% true. I have Nebula at 5 star, level 51 and gear tier 8 and she does less damage than most other similarly geared/levelled tanks and healers. She's almost Ronan levels of bad as far as I'm concerned.

• Locked thread