Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

That's a pretty good OP. There's only one mistake:

RealSovietBear posted:

Vector the Crocodile is a dumb dumb poo-head that thinks he's better than Burr.

Dislikes: not having money, being in debt, general noise

There we go. Don't worry, even the Wiki forgot about that. It was mentioned once during the Shadow OVA and never brought up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

To address a common complaint-the reason Sonic doesn't look worse for wear is because his torture was mental, not physical. There was some Japan-only audio drama dealing with that. Turns out Eggman was somehow forcing Sonic to relive the Soleanna incident (including his ill-fated romance) over and over again in his head. The fact that he was mentally sound enough to fight Zavok after 6 months of that is a miracle in itself.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

RealSovietBear posted:

I've heard rumors of Burr Nendoroids but I haven't found anything official yet.

I've seen a few Burr,Infinite and Classic Sonic Funko-Pops at the mall I take my niece to,so I'm sure Nendoroids are on the way.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

Maybe I'm weird, but I was never into the whole "giant head vinyl toy" craze, I'd much rather have the Revoltech Perfect Arts Burr figure, though given the limited production run it's crazy expensive, assuming you can find it at all. I'd post pictures I've found of it, but it's based on the end of the series, so there's a ton of visual spoilers going on.
Huh, good to know. On a slightly different topic, has anyone else pre-ordered the MG Metal Sonic model kit? The early prototypes that have been leaked look GORGEOUS. Certainly looks better than the AWFUL Egg Dragoon (06 Ver.) kit they released last year.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 13, 2018

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

Oh, man, if we're gonna talk about Sonpla, I still think the best one they ever made was the Death Egg Robo (Knuckles Custom) from their Eggman Robot Variations series, or maybe the Big Arm Mk. III Full Armor version, which was only seen in the OVA, Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Stories of Chaotix: Mighty's Solitary Journey: Steel Battalion the Second: Phantom Flash.

Yeah, I've got the first one proudly decorating my desk. I haven't found the latter for a decent price online yet. The other prominent part of my collection so far has been the HG BurnBot kit that has the interchangeable weapon arms-both the original flamethrower arms and the claw arms Robotnik applied as a hasty refit in part 2 of the OVA "Rise of Lyric".

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

bewilderment posted:

Burr is a real hero. Is the manga this good?

It starts out kinda slow, but by Volume 14 it picks up speed and DOESN'T STOP. The shocking love triangle was the first part of the manga that really hooked me.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

White Coke posted:

That was Sonic, Classic Sonic, and Metal Sonic right? I can't keep all the love triangles straight.

No, it was Amy,Classic Sonic and Sonic. The resolution of that arc blew my Goddamn mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

The Latin American Spanish dub was really good with that part, but on the other hand they changed the names of almost every major character for a Spanish-speaking audience. It's really weird. Sonic is left alone, but Tails is "Oliver", Amy is "Serena", and Burr is "Steve Hyuga".

Oh, and they switched the gender of one character from female to male, just to avoid any "uncomfortable" implications regarding same-sex relationships.

Huh, never knew that. I grew up watching the Ocean Group dub here in Canada. It was pretty decent, but they randomly changed Blaze's name to "Whiskers the Wonder Cat" and made her into a dude for some reason. There was also weird-rear end censoring, looking back. I still vividly remember the episode where Infinite destroys Knothole Village by lifting one finger, only for it to suddenly cut to him going "Too bad it was Sunday, those buildings would've been full tomorrow." Also, Rotor's heroic sacrifice loses a lot of its weight because he "goes to another dimension" rather than dying. At least Brian Drummond knocked it out of the park as Shadow. When he showed up as Duplicate Shadow in the new OVA I was stoked.

Also, Mark Gatha was PERFECT as Burr. His guilt over Rotor's not-death was very heartfelt and his pure,overwhelming rage during the ensuing fight with Zavok gave me chills.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 15, 2018

• Locked thread