Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010




pre:
\Door        [Ryan]      [River]       [Sophie]      [Tammy]  
|            [Jay]       [Clara]       [Guy]         [Jessie]   
|            [Sumati]    [Chastity]    [Mike]        [Ming]   
|            [Gary]      [Chris]       [David]       [Ivy]   
String Sheet
OOC Thread

It's another rainy Monday morning at what is almost certainly the worst school in New Jersey if not the entire USA. Still you all managed to walk crawl or stagger into class more or less on time which is something of an achievement for your class. There's no sign of your homeroom teacher Mr Taylor yet, he's probably still not rolled in yet from his usual bout of weekend drunkenness and not even the most desperate of substitutes would be willing to teach here, So it looks like you've all been left to your own devices and the tender mercies of your classmates. May god have mercy on your souls.

Ivy: As you walked into class today, that creep Ryan actually held the door open for you, although the way he was leering at you and practically undressing you with his eyes kind of undermined the gesture. Still hopefully, River will be able to sort him out for you. Still you've got other problems to worry about. haven't you. What did you want to do over the weekend and what excuse did your parents give for "forgetting" to do it with you?

River: You lost your pelt! Ok.. ok just breathe. At least Ivy hasn't damaged it or thrown it away or anything has she so you're safe there. It's just before she'll give it back to you she wants you to do something for her. "Get Ryan off my back" what do you think she even means by that? Why do these surface people have to make everything so confusing. Still he's sat right next to you given you the kind of glances a shark gives a particularly juicy fish. How are you going to get him off her back?

Gary: The last of your pills ran out last night didn't they. I can tell by the way you're on edge. It doesn't help that Surmati and Chasity are chattering away like magpies. Those two have been thick as thieves ever since Surmati changed the way she dresses and acts. What are they even talking about right now and how are you planning to make them shut up and give you some peace?

David: Another wonderful day in America's cess pit. Still it could be worse couldn't it and at least you have Barb's supernatural assistance to give you an edge. Speaking of he's been hot on you to get blackmail material on one of your fellow classmates. Who is it and what has he promised you in exchange for doing the legwork?

Jessie: What a boring weekend. Nothing to do and no one to do it with. Still you can feel that hunger churning inside you can't you. You're going to need to feed again and soon before you erupt. Who around you seems the most promising candidate to feed on right now and what do you plan to say or do to leave them scared of you?

Ming: You never thought you'd be grateful to come back to this dump did you. But after spending most of a weekend with your bigoted and stupid parents it must feel like a relief to just have to deal with the usual crap at school right. Still the weekend wasn't a total write-off was it. You finally managed to get your hands on that thing you wanted didn't you. What was it and why did you want it so much?

everyone please include your character sheet in you first post and I hope you enjoy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Killer Stench

It's... not a mistake to say that I've been wearing more than normal. Maybe nobody's noticed, but it doesn't seem to have stopped Ryan's loving incredible imagination from letting him envision what's underneath it all. God, I hope River hurries up with that favor. That way I can give her that pelt back, get Ryan off my case, and get her to stop looking like I shot her dog every time we accidentally meet eyes. What a drama queen. Anyways, it's been a nice, quiet start to the day. I have my corner staked out, I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it like fifteen minutes before the first joke about something having died in here, and at least this place is honest with how awful it is.

My folks? Not so much. They've been on this whole bonding kick, like the reason I'm "skipping" school is that I don't think they love me or something, and... Well, my loving fault for actually getting excited. My dad had promised, swore up and down, that we were going to go camping up by Sourland Mountain. It's not the first time they've forgotten about something like this, but this hurt more than anything else: they actually went... just not with me. They grabbed all of my brothers and sisters, loaded up the van, and went out for the weekend. I was still asleep in my room. So, yeah, I was a little pissed when I figured out what happened. They didn't even believe me when I told them what happened. My mom argued with me over whether or not I'd gone on the trip!

gently caress that. Maybe Ming's free later...? Just thinking about that moment we shared... well, it's a drat good thing nobody ever pays any attention to me because I'm blushing more than a little bit. But... hm. How do you casually propose that sort of thing without coming off as creepy? God if I know. Might as well just try and see what happens. I lean up over my desk and whisper into her ear, "Hey, uh, you want to hang out later? It was kind of a rough weekend, and..."

Wait, gently caress, that just makes me sound pathetic. Goddamn it.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:15 AM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 Turn on Ming = (3+4)-1 = 6

The Sasquatch posted:

Name: Ivy Rana
Look: Sweet
Eyes: Forgettable Eyes
Origin: No Family Photos

Stats:
Hot -1
Cold +1
Volatile -1
Dark +2

Moves:
☒ Musk
You have a distinct smell. Powerful. Perhaps intriguing. When you break a sweat near others, the MC tells you which person is aroused and gives you a String on them. That person chooses a reaction below.
+ I give you a compliment,
+ I give myself to you,
+ My eyes water and I gag,
+ I’m also repulsed, so I ridicule you about your body and give you a Condition.

☒ Unnoticeable
You can fade from view and become invisible. If you want to cover your scent as well, try to Keep Your Cool. On a 7 or higher, in addition to other results, your scent is hidden for a while.

Sex Move:
Whoever you have sex with smells like you afterward. If they face their peers before scrubbing it off, they mark experience.

Darkest Self:
Now, right now, it’s time to rain stones down upon the bullies and the excluders. It’s time to wreck their precious stuff, to shove them back so hard that they’ll never even dream of messing with you or anyone ever, ever again. You escape your Darkest Self when you hurt one of those people more than they’ve ever hurt anyone else... and more than you meant to.

Backstory:
+ You’ve been a wallflower all your life, but someone finally noticed you. Give them a String.
+ Someone makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2018 around 23:04

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

Yeah, the drugs ran out. A few days ago I lost control and shifted after school when I was trying to find a place to take some meds (shut up, it's medication. Just cuz they don't come from a doctor...) and Mike decided to follow me around, making comments about me using. When I felt I was going past the point of no return, I ran off and just ended up messing up someone's car and making a racket somewhere. Let's hope nobody saw that.

Anyway, ever since then, I've been upping my doses. And it's been a chill few days, but turns out one of my stashes was found by dad, and he flushes them. Never confronts me about it. He knows better No, he just doesn't... he knows that might be risky. But it means I ran dry. So I'm sitting here, drumming without rhythm on my table and my bottom lip a bit raw from how much I've been chewing it. But mostly, I'm annoying by everything. Like every thing anyone does is an itch, and I just gotta make sure not to scratch or it'll get bloody even if it probably would feel good

Don't think about it. Don't think about that disgusted glances from Mike who knows what's up, or thinks he does. Don't think about that smell that draws your attention and has you looking around for a hidden threat until you remind yourself that, yes, it's still Ivy, there she is. Watch her walk, commit her to memory. See her whisper to Ming. You know where she is, she's no threat. Cool down. Don't think of Ryan, don't think of challenging him and making him submit see him leching at ivy. It doesn't matter. It's none of my business. I don't want trouble.

Don't think of Blonde and Blonder in front of me, talking about some romantic movie and about weddings and how envious Sumati is of Chastity. About how happy she must be to have a man who's a real man, who takes care of her, who knows what he wants and takes charge in a relation and other 19th century poo poo. (The gently caress happened to her? Must have got religion.) And don't even let that 'other side' even start about how you'd show them 'taking charge' or you're gonna need to shower all day. I'm not like my mom, that is not what I want.

But they keep loving chatting and I'm starting to beg for that drunk Taylor to walk his hungover rear end in here, when I get an idea. Problem one: Chastity keeps flapping her mouth. Problem two: Ryan keeps going after Ivy and I keep noticing.

I lean forward, rudely bumping into the conversation. "Yeah, your relation gotta be really strong for you to trust Ryan as much as you do, Chastity. I mean, the way he's looking at Ivy, I figure he needs condoms for his eyes."

Problem... solved?

Shogeton posted:

Name: Gary Reynolds
Look: Unkempt, Savage Eyes
Origin: ancestral power


Stats

Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark -1

Moves

Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Unstable
When you become your Darkest Self, mark experience.


Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, you establish a deep spiritual connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection (by having sex with someone else) add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self

You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your
way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Your Backstory

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Gain two Strings on them (Ivy)

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2018 around 18:19

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

Seals, and by extension Selkie, don't deal with sharks, we avoid them, at all costs, they're big, mean, stupid, and horribly dangerous. So I can't help but feel quiet terror when Ryan gives me that look. He's looking dead at my heart as well. Helpfully framed by this hole in my top. What? It's for air flow, I don't know how humans get away with wearing all these clothes, they're so stifling and uncomfortable. I guess the under cup thing is nice though. Though it digs into my side way to much. Tides, for the love of a nice warm layer of blubber... I try not to look at him, and I glance at Ivy. Why's she so mean? Why would she not give me back my pelt? I've not done anything to hurt her! She doesn't even understand how important it is! But... if I tell her... then she could keep it forever! I blink away the hints of tears in the corner of my eyes, and focus on the present.

Chastity's eye's are trying to bore into the back of my head. But she seems a little pre-occupied with Gary saying... um, something to her? I wasn't really listening. To busy thinking about what I could do to deal with Ryan. But how do you get one person to leave another alone? I could at least talk to David. He seems... like a person. I bet he could come up with something! Something that doesn't involve me throwing crabs and seaweed at him, which was my current plan, but somehow I don't think it'll get across the message "Leave Ivy alone". More... hate me even more.

Still haven't gotten my locker back

Ivy's smell is making me antsy. Selkie's have very good noses, and she's really really smelly. It just keeps making me think of my pelt and the horrible horrible way she's not being my friend and giving me back my pelt. It's making me think other things too. But they seem less important then the pelt shaped hole in my life right now. Just like the hole in my top Ryan keeps looking openly at. Why is that? Does he like holes? Maybe if I find him a hole he'll be too busy looking at it to pay any attention to Ivy? I sit quietly and stew with the thought. Aware that there was something I was missing with it, but not quite able to pin it down.


quote:

Name: River Mayflower
Look: riveting, deep eyes
Origin: enticed from the sea by art,


Stats

Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1

Moves

Outer Skin
Wear your pelt to look like a seal, breathe underwater, and swim incredibly fast. While wearing it, you can choose to return to The Deep Kingdom. If you do it’s for good, so make a new character.

Keep Away
People can steal your pelt but can’t destroy it. When you pursue a task the current holder asked of you, add 1 to rolls.

If the holder doesn’t return your pelt after you complete the task, gain a String on them, and add 1 to rolls against them until they give you a new task.

Siren Song
When you’re soaking wet, you can sing a haunting song. Those who can hear it give you their full attention. What additional effect does it have on them?
¸¸- They stumble entranced toward you (but stop before injuring themselves).
¸¸- They connect with its emotions and begin crying.


Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, it counts as submerging yourself in water. Since all oceans tell you their secrets, gain a String on someone else they’ve had sex with.

Darkest Self

People have mistreated you and made you an outcast here. It’s time to show them how it feels to be lost at sea, to be apart from the things you have loved, to have parts of your self stolen from you. So you will flood the Earth. You will destroy what they cherish. And you will take their pelts. You escape your Darkest Self when this place reminds you of home, or when you recognize what you came here for.

Your Backstory

You watched someone swimming. Gain a String on them.

Someone stole your pelt, and they’ve figured out how important it is to you. They said they’ll give it back if you do something for them. Each gain a String on one another.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST


David Andrews

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5


Well, less than 20 minutes into the day, and I'm already over it. I'd much rather be wondering about outside sketching, than dealing with this crap. We all know Mr Taylor isn't gonna show up before noon on a Monday. If he shows up at all. Which of course means the classroom has devolved into its usual primitive state of near anarchy. At least I'm near the back. There's that prick Ryan, who I'd be more than happy to knock down a peg, if it weren't for the whole, you know, trying to avoid being a social pariah. More of a social pariah I should say, its not like my social life has exactly taken off. Not that I'm worried about it. I mean how hard can it be? Between Ryan and Chastity they barely have two neurons to rub together, and they manage to have active social lives. Then again, no one thinks either of them is a violent psychopath. Or at least if Ryan is, he's a violent psychopath on the green, and that's all that matters.

I carefully avoid making eye contact with]Jessie. I dunno if he knows I know, but unless he happens to have a suicidal doppelganger, I'm pretty sure I saw him die. Or at least get thoroughly hosed up. Its not that I don't want to investigate that particular mystery of the universe, its more that if Jessie is some kind of ghost, I don't want him to curse me, or whatever it is ghosts do. I also don't want to wind up at a psych hospital again, so I'm just going to very carefully avoid the issue. Surely, surely, it'll never come up. I mean there are dozens of other students I don't interact with. Jessie can just be one of those.

And then there's Barb. Barb is officially driving me nuts. He has a "small request". Just get some blackmail material on Sophie. Of all people. If Chastity is the Queen Bee of the school, then Sophie is her enforcer bee. Do bees even work that way? I dunno, bad metaphor. Anyway, Sophie is bad loving news. She's in charge of making sure everything goes smoothly for her "bestie", and she wields cliques with terrifying efficiency. I think she's a terrifying, amoral monstrosity, and god forbid she think's you're thinking of upturning the social order. Her Facebook harassment campaigns are terrifying. Sure, she pretends she's not part of the cheerleader clique, and she "slums it out" with some of the other kids, but we all know. She can be real vicious with the insults too, one day she's gonna push someone too far and get a face full of fist. That said, I'd prefer not to tangle with her. But Barb says its important, that he'll "get me back", get me something I really want and Barb always follows through. Its just, you know, I'm uh... scared.

I pull out my notebook, and begin drawing lazy circles. Maybe if I really concentrate, empty my mind and focus. I can get something helpful about how to approach the whole "blackmail" thing out of Barb.

quote:

2d6+2 gaze into the abyss: blackmail = (1+6)+2 = 9

quote:

Look: Quiet, venomous

Origin: chosen


Stats

Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 2

Moves

Soul Debt
You owe a debt to a Dark Power. Name it, and choose two Bargains it has made with you. The Dark Power can gain Strings. If ever it has 5 Strings on you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Can’t Save Myself
When somebody saves you from forces too powerful for you to reckon with, they mark experience, and you gain a String on them.

Bargains

Uncanny Voices
You can give the Dark Power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose which.)

Strings Attached
You can ask the Dark Power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.

Sex Move

When you have sex, the Dark Power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self

You find yourself shivering, needy, and alone. The Dark Power will make some daunting, open-ended demands. Every demand fulfilled brings you closer to feeling whole again, and removes one of the Dark Power’s Strings on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the Dark Power is out of Strings, or you make a bargain with an even more dangerous entity

Your Backstory

You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the Dark Power and the other characters.

Someone thinks they can save you. Gain a String on them.

TheCog fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2018 around 18:56

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -12
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

gently caress. This weekend blew. I had to change before they showed up, and stay in the house all weekend. They didn't say to do that, but going out and meeting the neighbors would probably have pissed them off. So I had to stay cooped up in my room, waiting for when my parents would be back and start asking if I was "ready to come back home." gently caress no I'm not, at least not with what they want. The good thing was that I had my Switch to keep me occupied. Last time I was there I didn't get much time to pack and I guess I thought I wouldn't be out too long. So it's been in my room this whole time. In fact, I took it back with me. I didn't tell my parents I was doing that, but they didn't exactly forbid me from taking it, so...whatever. It's still hidden back in the apartment. I'm kind of worried about what Jessie might do if he sees it. gently caress if I know what that creep is thinking when he just sits there and watches.

But for now things are looking up. Ivy is whispering in my ear about hanging out later. I smile and turn around. "Sure!" I take her hand and squeeze it. "Mine loving sucked too."

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Ivy = (4+1)+2 = 7
Self/Promise/Embarassed/String


quote:



Look: Femme, sunny eyes

Origin: Latchkey kid

Stats

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1

Moves

Lucky I Guess

When you remain oblivious to troubling or supernatural occurrences, take 1 Forward.

Spooked

When you run into someone’s arms, they choose:
¸+¸ you mark experience,
¸¸+ they become their Darkest Self.

Nap Fan
As soon as you fall asleep somewhere, choose two for the MC to detail when you wake:
¸¸+ something was left for you,
¸¸+ someone’s there,
¸¸+ someone’s been trying to contact you,
¸¸+ something’s been broken,
¸¸+ you had a nice dream.

Entrenched
If you and another character have a combined total of 5 or more Strings on one another, gain 1 to all rolls against them.

Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, tell them something you don’t want them to know.

Darkest Self

You feel... you feel like a monster. What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they’ll hand you that Skin or the closest thing to it. It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn’t supernatural, but you’re gonna take it right to the line. You become that Darkest Self.

Advances

Take a move from any Skin (Entrenched, Mortal)

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at May 1, 2018 around 04:23

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Killer Stench

I squeeze her hand back and let a small smile play over my face. Maybe today wasn't going to be so bad after all.

A string for Ming!

Tricky fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2018 around 23:03

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


Scene 1 continued

Gary: "Ivy?" She looks at you with blank confusion as if she doesn't recognise the name and then it slowly dawns upon her. "oh you mean Stinky? I don't even think she here today is she?" she says as she scans the room several times looking for Ivy and seemingly failing to find her till eventually she looks in the corner and seems to recognise her. "I better go and have words with her because if she thinks she's stealing my boyfriend..." she trails off as she moves over to the other side of the room. Peace and quiet at last, However that still doesn't fix your main problem does it. You're still on edge. Still someone in this dump must have something to mellow you out. Who are you going to try hitting up for what you need?

Ivy: You are that focused on Ming that you don't even notice Chastity charging up to you until it's too late. "You--" she snarls "Stay away from my boyfriend. " She glares at Ming "I can understand why you'd want an upgrade from limp-wrist over there. But Gary is mine. And if I catch you leading him on again I'll make your life a living hell. " you gain the condition warned. Leading him on? he's the one that's been making moves on you! Do you try and convince blonde and brainless of that or are you just going to ignore her?

Ming Hmm, hang out with her. Yeah that would be fun wouldn't it? And she seems to be really up for it the way she's smiling at you. Before you can come up with a proper response you spy Chastity storming over and having words with her. Did she just imply that you and Ivy were involved? That's not true is it. Do you want it to be true though? And is it worth the risk to your reputation to stand up to the queen bee of the school on her behalf?

David: You glance briefly over at Sophie as she hunches over her phone typing furiously and then back at the pattern of spirals which seem to waver and shift before you. And then you're somewhere else lost in a vision only you can see. You're stood somewhere and you see it in front of you the object of your desires. A top of the line cellphone, you scan the store anxiously, and noting the clerk distracted by another customer furtively reach out a carefully manicured hand and grab it, stuffing it in your pocket. You feel your heart beating faster as you walk out of the shop and the thrill of having your prize... You shrug off the vision with a start only to find someone's gently shaking your shoulder. Mike. The guy who usually sits in front of you, "don't know what you've been taking man but if it leaves you that spaced out. You should probably stop." What do you do or say in response?

River: You turn round to look to see what David's doing only to see him talking to someone else. Mike you think his name is the guy with the even weirder clothes and hair than these other surface dwellers. Do you want to go over and interrupt the two of them or do you take the opportunity of his girlfriends distraction to ask Ryan what kind of holes he's interested in?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

Talk to Ryan? Oh god why would I ever want to do that unless forced to? He's awful, and I really don't want to give him any more reason to throw anything of mine into the river! I mean, it's no issue for me to get it back. But still! All the boys got really stairy when I tried to get my locker back, and my shirt clung to me for ages afterwards. Clothing really is awful!

No, I'll talk to David, there's safety in numbers even up here! And there's... um... Mike? Yeah, Mike! So even more numbers! I slip out of my seat and make my way over to the boys. Trying to give an easy smile.

"Hey David! Hello Mike, what are you talking about?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -12
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

Christ, loving Chastity is going off on Ivy because of her lovely boyfriend. I look over at Ivy when she talks about us being together. I...don't know. I'd like to get to know Ivy better though. And I wouldn't mind kissing her again. So...maybe. Yeah, I think so. I turn to Chastity - time for her to shut the gently caress up.

"Not her fault you let Ryan get away with whatever he wants to do. Maybe bring it up with him before running your loving mouth off? Just a thought." I turn back to Ivy.

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down Chastity = (6+5)-1 = 10
Taking a String on Chastity

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Killer Stench, Warned

I give Chastity — and I really think that name is kind of ironic — a withering glare. I'm used to getting poo poo, but I am more than a little offended at the stuff she's throwing Ming's way. Ming is... she's really sweet. All she's done is made me feel wanted for once. And if Chastity thinks she can pull that poo poo on her with me around...

I say, "Trust me, I don't want anything to do with him. He won't leave me alone. Why don't you gently caress off, go gently caress him in the bathroom or something, and get out of my life? God knows he can't resist a hole."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 2:34 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+1 Also Shut Down Chastity = (3+6)+1 = 10

Taking a string!

Tricky fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2018 around 23:02

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

Perfect. Got rid of them, without risking this escalating or something. Was kind of hoping she was gonna go after Ryan, but that doesn't seem to be her style. Guy probably enjoys his girlfriend doing that.

Well, whatever, Eve's a big girl, she can handle herself. And quick look shows that Mike's busy. So I lean to the right a bit. "Hey Chris." I talk softly. Chris has been here longer than me, and you know, is using some things as well. Not really one to judge right? "Man, I'm stressed as hell over here. Really got some bad tension going on. You got any lead where I could get something to help me relax? I got the feeling I'm gonna have a hard time getting through the day without biting someone's head off like this." I give him a friendly smile, or at least show teeth.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5

gently caress. Visions are always such a trip. This is why I'll never do acid. One moment you're staring into space, the next you're... not there anymore. The info was good though. A little shoplifiting huh? I wonder what counts as blackmail material here, do i need to go get the security video from the mall? A confession? I could get a recording of her saying where she got the phone from, I guess. Actually, if she shop-lifted once, its likely she'll do it again. All I need to do is keep a tail on her. Although that's easier said than done, I'm going to either have to be super creepy, or infiltrate her friend group. Well *I* can't infiltrate her friend group, it just wouldn't work. I'm not the uh... type she hangs out with. Not nearly enough muscle for her guy 'friends' and not a chick.

"Might need some help on that" Barb helpfully comments. I can hear him smirking. Weird I know, but its not like he has body language. Of course I'm lost in thought, still half dazed by the vision when Mike interrupts my thoughts. gently caress. I really hate it when someone makes me lose my train of thought like that. Of course I know Mike is one of those 'Straight Edge' guys, who always give me the creeps. He's not a bad kid, and I don't mind making small talk, but the way he lords his 'no drugs' lifestyle over the rest of us is... irritating. Not that I do drugs, but none of his loving business. Still, I'm halfway to mustering a polite reply, some bullshit about how I'm just not sleeping well, when River of all people approaches. She doesn't have much of a head for social cues. I was hoping not to make too much of this, and go back to figuring out the Sophie issue. I guess River wants something? Maybe to ask Mike about his uh... questionable fashion choices. Then again, with the shirt she's wearing, maybe they can bond over inappropriate things to wear to school. I try not to stare, but don't do a very good job.

"Nothing important," I dismiss the conversation, I didn't want to have to explain myself anyway. "Do you need something?" I ask, giving River my best smile. She's always been nice to me after all, so she deserves some politeness. I make sure to make eye contact, instead of looking at the very obvious other target for my gaze.

quote:

2d6 +1 turn on River = (2+5)+1 = 8

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

I can hear it again. The ringing in my ears. The sharp, constant hum drowning out the faint details of everything else. The rhythm of the rain, the sliding of chairs, the buzz of conversations. I know they're all around me, and I can hear them if I try, but it's hard to focus on them. If I don't pay attention, it's not like they're there at all. You would almost think it was just me, and the void. Just me and the hunger.

The longer I wait, the louder I know that noise is going to be. It never goes away on its own. It's always as loud as the void is hungry. It's a sign. A premonition. A warning. If I don't do something about it, the hunger will be the only thing I'll be able to hear. It'll practically be screaming. I need to feed it before then, which means I need to feed it now.

I look around me. Everyone in the class is already doing their own thing. A lot of people have split off into groups of two or three, forming little cliques and conversation. It's inconvenient, and a little irritating. Groups always make everything more difficult. You always have to account for group dynamics. All too often it ends up with everyone else teaming up against you. It's always been like that, in death and in life. One-on-one situations are always easier.

Luckily for me, I don't need to look that far to find someone that's not a social butterfly. There's one right in front of me. I stand up from my chair and take a couple of steps forward. Slow, quiet steps. More deliberate than stealthy, but it's effectively the same. I continue until I'm just over her shoulder. As close as I can get. She hasn't noticed me yet. She's hunched over, staring at something on her phone.

"Tammy." I lean forward, and speak practically right into her ear. At this point I am absolutely, unquestionably in her personal space. And with her desk and the wall here, there's nowhere else for her to go. "What's this you're looking at?"

Before she has time to do much of anything, I reach down and grab her phone right out of her hands. As slow as I usually am, I can be fast when I need to. And then I start scrolling through whatever app she was using at the time. Some kind of social media thing. Not that I am particularly interested in what's going on there. But this is a challenge. Tammy can either try to stop me, or just let me walk over her. And once she does, either way, I should be able to escalate things to the level I need.

I scroll through a little bit more, then I look her in the eye. I give her an intense, but glassy stare. An unpredictable look. Is she going to say something?

The Ghoul posted:


Name: Jessie Hann
Look: Pale
Eyes: Weak Eyes
Origin: Resurrected?

Stats:
Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile 2 Dark -1

Ghoul Moves:
The Hunger
You have a Hunger for: Fear

When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a promising feeding opportunity, roll to Keep Your Cool.

Short Rest for the Wicked
When you die, wait it out. A few hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Satiety
When you satiate a Hunger, choose one:
¸¸-Heal 1 Harm;
¸¸-Mark experience;
¸¸-Take 1 Forward.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, create a new Hunger.

Darkest Self:
Your dull hunger sharpens. You can’t focus on anything else but feeding. And in addition to your peculiar cravings, you recognize something else. That primordial hunger which connects all hungers. Flesh, blood, meat. You escape your Darkest Self once you’ve overindulged, or you’ve been locked out for long enough to regain composure.

Your Backstory
Someone reminded you what love was, when you thought that death had stolen it away from you forever. Give them a String.

Did anyone watch you die? If so, you gain 2 Strings on each other.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


Scene 1 continued

Gary: Chris seems totally out of it at first like he doesn't hear you at all. Whatever he's on must be strong as hell, He turns his head to look at you almost mechanically as if it were a struggle to do so. He whispers so quietly that it's hard even for you to hear him. "Maybe you should go see the doctor. I did and he gave me these pills." he says gesturing to the bottle on his desk before continuing in a low monotone. "See without them I can still hear the voice, the one that asks me to do things and makes me hurt myself if I don't do what it wants. But the pills block him out he can't get past them to get at me. " He then goes quiet and continues to stare blankly at you as if unsure what more to say. If you want what he's on you're going to have to do something a little more direct to get them off him. What do you do?

Jessie: Tammy jumps out of her skin at the sound of your voice and utters what can only be described as a surprised noise as you pluck the phone out of her hand. She tries to stand while also simultaneously reaching for her phone and protesting loudly "Hey let go of my phone you prick!" No one else seems all that interested in helping her what do you do with this... opportunity?

Ivy & Ming: "He wouldn't if you weren't leading him on" Chastity protests although it's clear from the tone of her voice that she's not exactly believing it herself. "And maybe I will go spend time with him. But let me make it clear if I catch you doing anything at all with him you'll wish you were dead by the time I'm done." She threatens before she flounces off back to her seat.

Ivy Wow, Ming actually stuck up for you there, Even though he didn't have to get involved, He could have stayed out of it but he stood up for you. When was the last time someone bothered to help you out like that?

Ming Well that's her told. Of course there'll be consequences for standing up to the most popular girl in school, But you're not exactly the type to care what other people think about you are you? Speaking of standing up for someone it looks like your creepy neighbour is bullying Tammy do you confront him and get him to leave her alone or is one bit of heroism enough for one day?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

I flush, he has a nice smile, and I'm standing closer to Ivy and her... smell. And whatever the hell it does to people. It's rather... warming. I realise I'm just kind of staring at him.

quote:

Giving David a string

"Er, umm, n-nothing super important. J-Just wondering if you're doing okay, and... um, I was wondering if you'd have any ideas to help get my locker back...." Yeah, that's a good angle to go at. Then maybe I can get him alone and talk to him about Ryan! I clasp my hands behind my back. Boys like it when I do that. It's... um, cute? That's what they call it, right?

"It's been... um, moved to the river. River's locker in the river... ha... haha. Ummm but a-anyway, do you mind looking at it with me? It's... really heavy."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:06 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d6+2 Turn on David = (6+2)+2 = 10
River get's +1 string on David

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5

Wow. Uh. Uh. I feel like a deer in the headlights. I just *stare* for a second. She has this mix of cute innocence and hotness that just leaves me utterly flustered. Especially... whatever it is she's doing. I move my lips but no words come out. I can hear Barb in the back of my head, chortling at my ineptitude. I hesitate for a second gears turning. I need help with the whole Sophie thing, River needs help with the whole 'river locker' thing. Not that I think I can help her with that, but at least I can help her get even.

Of course River had just dragged me into a metaphorical minefield. There's the whole thing issue with avoiding being seen leaving with River. I don't want us to be an "item". Especially if I'm going to be enlisting her help with Sophie. There's Mike, who is listening to us, pretending to be uninterested, but like everyone else, he's pretty happy to gossip. Especially if he had something juicy. Then there's the entire Ryan issue. If he as much as gets a whiff of me hanging out with River, I'll become his next target. That wouldn't end well. Oh. I guess there's class too. But its not like anyone here takes attendance.

All that said, I'm going for it, risks be damned. I'm tired of just... existing.

"Alright." i say simply, "Meet you by the river in... fifteen? Gonna have a word with my friend Mike first." I say giving Mike a *look*.

quote:

Giving her what she wants. Help with the locker

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

Huh, that's a odd expression, cute though... still! Friend! Yay friend! I'd skip for joy but... I'd probably get shouted at. So I nod instead.

"Sure, I'll meet you there! It's so hard to know who to ask about these things... but you've been here longer then I have, so hopefully you'll be able to help. It'll probably take more then just us to shift it." I can't help but feel a little buzz of excitement. I return to my seat to grab my bag. Wondering if anyone would get mad if I left the class. There doesn't appear to be a teacher or anything.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -12
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

I smile as Chastity leaves. But my eyes fall on Jessie and Tammy. I hesitate for a moment, but then step towards them and put my hand on Jessie's shoulder. I lean forward to talk into his ear.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you to ask for permission?"

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Jessie = (5+5)+2 = 12
Gaining a String on Jessie
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

"Mhuh?!" An odd, startled noise escapes me when I feel the voice in my ear. My whole body jumps and stiffens as well, as a kind of immediate reflex to the feeling of a warm hand on my cold shoulder. A second later I feel a weird shiver radiate from that spot, going out all the way to my fingertips. My grip slips, and then the phone in my hands just falls out and ungracefully hits the floor.

It's all so strange. I was prepared for all the ways this situation might go, but I wasn't expecting... this? What do you even call this?

But rather than dwell on the weirdness of the situation, I keep moving. I throw the hand off my shoulder, and then I slip away from them. I take a big step and put some necessary space between me and whoever this is. And when I turn around I see... Ming? I hesitate for a second. I try to look at her, but something keeps diverting my eyes. The walls, the floor, the window. All places I would apparently rather look. If only there were two panes of glass separating us right now. Then it would be easier.

"Why are you..." My words feel weak, like a dull knife. Another wave of strange warmth washes over me. Why? "...Why are you getting involved in this?"


Jessie gets embarrassed an awkward, kind of ruining the scary thing he had going.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions:

He's stammering, backing away, not even looking me in the eyes...what's going on? Whatever it is, I'm not letting him off easy.

"Why not?" I step forward, getting closer to him. "You having second thoughts about pushing other people around now that someone's standing up to you?" I stare him down, catching his gaze whenever he actually looks at me.

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down Jessie = (3+1)-1 = 3
Marking XP

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Killer Stench, Warned

I shake my head as Chastity finally books it. Ugh, what a bitch. I mean, sure, she's not wrong that Ryan is an absolute creep, but she's gotta have more self-respect than that if she doesn't want to get played. Whatever, not my deal. What is my deal is River. She's messing with her bag, huh? Better remind her that the clock is ticking. I need this rear end in a top hat out of my life, stat. I kind of pick my way through the room, nobody really seeming to notice me as I walk, and when I get there I wrap an arm around River's shoulders before saying, "Hey, River. How are you doing on that favor, huh?" I still have no idea how she manages to wear stuff like that shirt in this freaking zoo. I'd halfway expect Ryan to just take a look at that, flip her over his shoulder, and take her back to his tribe of goons. I get real close, close enough that our cheeks are almost touching, and add quietly, "You want your animal thing back, I want him to get the hint. I just got another visit from Her Royal Highness over there. I don't want this to be an everyday sort of thing."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:54 PM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 Ivy Turns On River = (3+4)-1 = 6

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


Scene 1 continued

Ming and Jessie : Tammy snatches up her phone and clutches it protectively to her chest.Turning to Jessie she says "Stay away from me you creep, if you take my stuff again I'll-i'll" she trails off as if she's unsure what she'd do and then she turns to Ming "As for you, if I need help i'll ask for it. I can look after myself thank you very much. I don't need some white knight to stand up for me. Ming takes the condition white knight. You hear her mutter about "needing to get out of this school." But that still leaves your own little confrontation. What do both of you do?

Ivy: "Why don't the two of you just kiss and get it over with." you hear coming from Ryan on your left. "Some of us would actually enjoy seeing that." he adds while making an obscene gesture Ryan takes a string on you. "In fact if you want to do more than kiss..." his voices fades as he wilts in the face of something behind you. Presumably Chastity giving him the evil eye, What do you do?

David "Not my place to comment man." Mike adds. "Still if you're interested in "meeting her by the river." well that's your business. Personally that chick weirds me out, What is she on that makes her that cheerful all the time? I don't know."
poo poo he already thinks that you might be interested in her. What do you do to put him off that idea?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at Apr 1, 2018 around 13:42

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

There is some things going on, some drama, but it doesn't matter. I have a lead. These things prevent Chris from doing stupid poo poo because of what some part of him says? That's what I need. I need those pills. I could go to the doctor, but this kind of thing always needs parent's permission won't it? And dad would never go for it. There's ways around it. But first I should check if it works.

Step overthere and take them. He cannot stop me.

No, he gave me a good hunt. I owe him more than that. I turn my chair to face his desk, lean in a bit closer. I kinda need to with how much he's whispering "poo poo, that sounds like what I could use too. I mean, not voices, but I get some really stupid ideas sometimes" I smile at him. "Dude, mind sharing that wealth a bit? I mean, you can always tell the doctor you fat fingered one and it fell in a sink or something right? I mean, you help me out, and I'll help you out, right?"

Oh yeah, there's also the fact that Chris apparently got some issues as well. I ain't one that can really point fingers there, can I?

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6+1 Gary turns on Chris = (1+5)+1 = 7

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

My breaths come in shudders as a suddenly overwhelming scent fills my nostrils. It's almost hard to see as some seal-like part of my brain barks lustfully. Ivy's scent. It was powerful stuff. Horribly powerful! Triggering thoughts and feelings that I couldn't control. She's pressed up against me, cheek to cheek, I can feel her behind me. I can-

Ryan smugly throws something at my head.

It's an eraser or something, but it catches me, and it's sudden stinging presence cuts through, like ice in the deep. The breeding call receding in the face of danger. It takes a few moments for my higher thoughts to filter down to my limbs. A hesitent hand raised to the throbbing point of impact.

Ow...!

Ignoring Ivy momentarily I turn to Ryan shocked, who takes a photo of me on his phone. He's wearing an expression daring me to challenge him. I don't really get it. At all. But I don't challenge. I keep my eyes down. Submissively unresisting his game. He snorts, his eyes lingering on the photo, satisfied, for the moment.

I don't want to deal with him, I don't want this problem Ivy keeps putting in my flippers- er, hands, whatever! I just want to hide amongst the seaweeds. Ivy's still hovering over me. "I'm meeting with David in 15, if you want to come, then follow." I whisper miserably. Quietly hoping that Chastity didn't see any of that. I don't want her spreading any more rumours.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5


This is just lovely. Usually I'd call on Barb, get a dirty secret on Mike and shush him into silence, but I already owe Barb a favor, and I don't think Mike is the type to be cowed by blackmail. More likely to just escalate. I don't really want him against me, so threatening him is right out, tempting as it is to look him in the eye, and tell him not to say a word, unless he wants to discover why I'm really here. Also I don't think I could pull it off. I'm not that intimidating.

Which leaves one thing. I walk up to him, and lean in, close, in his personal space. I really hope my read is right, or this could get awkward fast. I don't want to imagine how this would go down if he makes a scene. "Oh, its not like *that*" I say, giving him the same smile I gave River earlier, "I'm just helping out a friend." I say, letting myself inch a little closer. "You understand, right?" I say, looking him directly in the eyes.

I feel like a bag of poo poo, using someone like this when I'm not at all interested, but what's the alternative? Scandal?

quote:

@thecog19: 2d6+1 turn on Mike = (2+6)+1 = 9

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

What are you doing, Jessie? What's wrong with you? You can't just let Ming walk over you. She doesn't know what she's messing with. She doesn't know. She doesn't KNOW!

"...No." I say, still looking at the ground. My jaw clenches and my fists tighten, preparing for what's about to happen. "I'm not."

I swing a fist at Ming's face. Then another, and another. I get rid of that stupid look. This is what she gets for thinking she can stare me down. "gently caress off. gently caress off! gently caress OFF! DON'T gently caress WITH ME!"

This time I stare her down. I could so much worse if I wanted. Do you think I'm really afraid of anything? Death isn't real. Consequences aren't real. What's the worst that could happen, they send me to prison? It probably wouldn't be much worse than this. I'm already dead, I'm already in Hell.

I look into Ming's eyes- I look deep into her eyes. Is she afraid of me? She had better be afraid of me. If she's going to gently caress things up for me, the LEAST she can do is give me the fear that I need. I need this!


SidekickBOT - Today at 11:40 AM
@Takanago: 2d6+2 Jessie lashes out physically at Ming = (2+5)+2 = 9
Ming takes 1 harm. (I think 1? Unless I'm missing something)
7-9 option: Ming learns something about Jessie's true nature, and gains (yet another) String on him.

Takanago fucked around with this message at Apr 1, 2018 around 16:56

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Killer Stench, Warned

My cheeks burn as Ryan adds his two cents to my conversation with River. Okay, fine, maybe that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. My eyes involuntarily dip towards the stupid hole in her stupid shirt. Who even wears clothes like that! I shake my head a bit and try to keep my cool. Metaphorically and physically. The last goddamn thing I need is to start sweating in homeroom. That's how this whole mess with Ryan started. Taking a deep breath, I let it hiss out slowly and say, "Okay, fine. Fifteen. I'll be there." My finger jabs into her chest. It's a little less impactful than I could have hoped, though, because of that stupid hole on her shirt. Luckily, I narrowly avoid something akin to sexual harassment, settling for more of a gentle touch on her collarbone. "But I need this done today, you get me?"

There's some screaming on the other side of the classroom, but I don't really pay it much mind. Yet. There'll be time for that later.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:02 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+1 Shut Down River = (2+3)+1 = 6

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

I try and give her a serious look. But I can only think about my pelt, and how she's holding it hostage, so it ends up being something a little more wide eyed. I take the poking hand softly. Holding it. Cradling it.

"Please... please stop... not here. Not now. Later. By the river." I glance towards Ryan, fearfully. Then meet her eye again. "I don't want to make anyone else hate me...." there was a plaintive tone in my voice, quiet, pleading, the flush on my cheeks made stronger by Ivy's musk.

Screaming started. I flinched. Wide eyes locking onto something that makes my blood run cold. I freeze, uncertain and shocked. I didn't think there were predators amongst the humans. This was just like a shark attack. Sudden, horrible, and I suddenly realised I didn't know where to escape to.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Killer Stench, Warned

Wait. Wait. Does she want to hook up with me and David by the river...? I run through her words a few times and, well, that's really all I can possibly get from that. Again, it's... it's not the worst idea? I mean, I really do think she's kind of cute, and if that's what she needs to make this stupid Ryan thing go away... Well. I suppose I can help her scratch that itch. I manage something that sounds an awful lot like, "I'm gonna hold you to it. We can make each other very happy... we just need to get this done. Right? Fifteen minutes. I'll be there."

Ivy is promising River something she thinks she wants: Hooking up by the river in 15. Also, there is a zero-percent chance she's not sweating at full-tilt.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

Yeah, you're loving welcome Tammy. It'd be nice if she at least didn't insult me for-

my thoughts are interrupted when Jessie begins screaming and hitting me in the face, over and over. I back up, trying to throw my arms up to block him but he keeps going. gently caress! gently caress, no, I can't just let him hurt me like this. I grab one of his arms with one hand and swing a fist back at him with the other. "gently caress YOU," I wildly scream back.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+1 Lash Out At Jessie = (5+2)+1 = 8
MC decides how bad the harm is

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5

There's a fight. Great. I love this school.

I look over, hoping its Ryan is getting his face beat in with a crowbar. No such luck. It's Ming and... Jessie. gently caress. I feel a twinge of moral obligation to help Ming. Then I remember that she's a big girl, and I have more than enough on my plate right now. Couldn't have hoped for a better distraction to avoid making things with Mike more awkward. I do watch Ming swing back. That makes me feel a little bit better about ditching her. She's got this. Plus everyone is turning to watch this most exciting development.

I give River a look. A look I hope she can interpret as "lets ditch this place". Then I grab my bag and make my way to the door. This will be more productive than math. Which is what I think I have next?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

I take the only sensible option and get out of there quickly. Sharks smell blood in the water. And this whole classroom is filled with sharks. I don't want to be here for the blood frenzy. I grab my bag and get out of the door, trying to be small and quiet.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


Scene 1 continued

Gary: "I guess I can spare a couple." Chris says in the same monotone, "for a friend." He reaches into the bottle and extracts a tiny handful of pills which he extends towards you hesitantly. "I hope they help you. the way they helped me." The pills look innocuous but if they wor--- Wait what's that? you feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up as a fight breaks out on the other side of the room. The wolf part of you yearns to get involved to prove who is the strongest and the toughest here. What do you do? Chris gives you what he thinks you want some of his pills

Ming: As Jessie flails wildly at you. You take a chance blow to the lip which catches it and causes a small trickle of blood. take one harm But by then you've got your guard up and Jessie isn't the most skilled fighter, he seems more interested in trying to make you scared of him than actually hurting you. You spot his next punch coming and manage to grab it before hitting him hard, the shot leaves him wildly off balance and he hits the floor with a sickening crack. What do you do?

Jessie: Oh, she doesn't seem that scared of you. Still you aim to knock her out but she grabs your arm and hits you back leaving you wildly imbalanced and heading for the floor. You fall backwards and hit the floor hard with a crack that suggests you've broken something. take two harm. What do you think you've broken and will it stop you from trying to fight back?

River You slip out of the classroom quietly and meekly and no one even seems to see you go. The corridor is cool and quiet and you set off at a brisk pace towards the nearest exit. You are almost there when you run into the principal coming the other way. "Ah Miss Mayflower. What are you doing out of class?" he asks. What do you say?

David: "Oh," Mike shifting uncomfortably at just how close you are to him. "I never thought you swung-" he pauses for a few seconds. "not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean I'm flattered and all but I uhh, that's just not my scene." Wow watching him sweat is kind of entertaining. Do you think he protests too much? Mike acts embarrassed and awkward. Anyway you have a River to chase, who having taken advantage of the distraction has slipped out of the classroom. Do you run after her to catch up or will you just take your time and plan to meet River by the river?

Ivy Is it just my imagination or did it just get a little warmer in here. Like someone just turned up the thermostat a little. You feel the heat and start to sweat. As you do Surmati leans forward, "ugh, what's that smell, " take a string on her.
and leans forward as if she's going to start dry retching. "ugh, you people make me sick, I can't believe I used to be like you, before I saw the truth. You people make me sick with you perverted and sinful ways," what do you say in response to that?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

I take the pills and grin. Though part of me really is worrying. That monotone is sounding a bit disconcerting. Maybe I should think about thi...

The brawl erupts, the coppery smell of blood fills the air, mixing with Ivy's scent, and my eyes suddenly focus on the brawl, and I know my lips are still affixed in a grin as I figure I'll wade in and...

Nope, I can deal with creepy monotone. I toss one of those pills in my mouth and bite down on it, crunching it between my teeth. Why the hell does everyone need to keep doing this poo poo on the day I'm running low on medicine.

"Thanks, Chris! Sure hope they do. Tell me if I can do you a solid later right? Gotta do something about this."

I walk up to the brawl, just in time to hear Jessie go down in a bad way. I move to try to pull Ming off of him. "Alright, enough of that!" If possible, I try to make sure I'm between the two of them. Oh poo poo, Jesse looks hosed up.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Killer Stench, Warned

I shoot Surmati a look, dry as the desert, as I say, "Y'know, Surmati, they say that the people that complain the most about sin are trying to hide their own failings." I lean in close, so close that she can't help but get lost in my eyes, and add, "You sure you're not just jealous because you can't get any? It must suck to get sent to remedial school hell and still have a drought."

Alright, alright. Maybe I'm talking a bigger game than I can really back up. It's not like, y'know, I'm much better off. Hitting second base is about all I can claim and that was pretty recent.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:35 AM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 Turn On Surmati = (6+5)-1 = 10

Taking another string, plus Self/Promise/Awkward.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5


Ok, that was pretty funny. I'm pretty sure Mike is straight, if the chain of scene girls he hangs out with are indicative of anything. Seeing him sweat at the implications is very cathartic though. Its just so... satisfying to have the power to make someone uncomfortable like that. That's the part I really enjoy about Barb, the ability to eck out these things, to exert power over others. Anyway, I'm getting off track here. River has split (wisely), and I have to catch up. There won't be a better time than now to get out of here. I hear Jessie crash to the ground with a truly sickening noise, and am out of there.

I don't sprint after River, I just sort of follow, keeping an eye on her... when she runs head first into the Headmaster. I watch with interest. There's the whole rumor about her doing uh... things with him, and I'm curious. So I lurk, just out of sight, hoping to overhear something juicy. Not that I don't like River, but... well... secrets.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions:

Gh-RCK! There's a sharp, painful crack in my right arm when I hit the floor. The pain isn't immediately apparent, but my body wastes no time before screaming. "AGHH!" Purely out of instinct, of course. On a scale of one to ten, the feeling that seeps into my arm is probably around a five or six. Pretty bad, probably hospital-worthy, but not nearly as bad as dying.

So I start to push myself off the floor. With my bad arm, even. Putting any weight on it makes the feeling about ten times worse, but I put up with it. I don't care how much they see me wince, in fact- let them see. People need to loving understand that I'm not going to let something like this stop me.

By the time I get up though, which takes a few seconds, there's already something between us. "Oh." I give Gary a curious glance. Even a bit of a smile. "Come to play the Good Samaritan, have you?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

poo poo! gently caress! I didn't expect that to happen. I back away as Jessie just starts getting back up, but then Gary gets in between us. I'm happy to stop, but I don't know if Jessie is. I glance at him, and smile at Gary.

"Sure, no problem." I wipe some of the blood off my face.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Gary = (4+6)+2 = 12
Gaining a String on Gary
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

I'm actually kinda shocked that Ryan didn't attempt to follow me out, he's a meanie and a jerk, and I wouldn't have put it past him to do all kinds of awful insinuations when Ivy was cuddling up to me.... but he didn't... which is weird... is he ignoring Ivy? Everyone else seems to some of the time... I'd ponder it further, but I almost run into the principle face first.

"Ooh!" I gasp. "S-Sorry sir, I needed to retrieve something from my locker." I point to the space where my locker currently used to be. The empty space flanked on ether side by other lockers, conspicuous by it's absence. "Girl things... for girl times... it's currently in the river.... my locker, I mean, because someone moved it there. But the girl thing's packaging is waterproof... I think.... so.... that's where I'm going."

I pause

"Because I'm on my girl time." I add. A little unnecessarily. I overheard some of the girls talking about these time slots girls have which boys don't like hearing about. But I couldn't find them on my timetable. So, I'm hoping the bluff will be enough to dissuade him from poking further. Plus. If someone sees me out by the river no one will be suspicious! Maybe....

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«5 »