Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5

That was... amazing. I mean... I'd fantasized of course, but i never imagined I'd actually get to you know... be with a girl. It felt super skeevey to ask Barb, and its not like I'm naturally charming, or popular or anything, I was pretty resigned to dying a virgin. Barb is unhappy with me. Of course. "She's not right for you" "She's too pure." "You're gonna regret getting entangled with her". I'm ignoring him for now. I've only really annoyed him once or twice before, I usually wind up giving in, but I'm not gonna let him ruin this for me. I'll get to his stupid errand when I get to it. I manage to stand somehow, she was... savage, animalistic, passionate. Yep, those are some scratches, and bruises. I'm still on cloud nine though, floating in a bubble of euphoria.

That said, as I struggle to re-buckle my pants, basking in the strange afterglow, reason starts to return to me. There's the whole deal with, well, the principal, and those rumors, and how did she piss of Ryan anyway? Before I can start to ponder those things though. A River lets out a stream of words. I nod as she starts with "Do you feel like you don't belong here?" of course, this is a shithole, no one truly wants to be here, its a natural feeling. Then she takes a hard left into bizzaro-land. "Um... no, I can't say I've felt quite like... that" I manage. Which is true. Still, she seems to be looking for comfort, so I hold her hand. God this is incredibly awkward. I'm not sure how to respond to that. Is she *actually* nuts? Or is she really... from under the sea. A mer-person? Uh... she has legs, that can't be right. That said, she's very much not fitting in. Maybe the ocean is a metaphor? I'm not sure how to untangle this, so I just hold her hand quietly.

I cave. Ok, Barb, what's her deal? What's actually going on here?

Uncanny Voices: You can give the Dark Power a String in order to realize a secret about someone youre talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose which.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


David Andrews posted:

Uncanny Voices: You can give the Dark Power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose which.)

Secret Strength: River is a Selkie, a maighdean mhara, or a maighdeann-rin as they're otherwise known. A mythical creature of the sea. They appear as Seals by nature, but by shedding their magical pelt, they can assume human form. A Selkie without their pelt is trapped on land, unable to return to the waters. Legends say their song can hypnotise, and that the sea itself looks after them. Though none can say what this means.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5


"She's a selike, you dumb-rear end" Barb hisses at me, as I feel that peculiar pang of falling deeper into his clutches. "A selkie?" I think at him, somewhat incredulous. Not that Barb has ever pulled a prank on me, but he *has* to be joking. Selkies aren't a thing. "A selkie, a maighdean mhara, a sea spirit, a temptress who sends sailors to their doom. A maiden of the sea. Aka, not just a human girl. You didn't think a *human* girl would want you, did you?" Barb's comment stings. I... I... I don't know what to do with this. I am not good in the best of social situations, and this is not that.

"So... uh..." I stammer for a bit. "The ocean huh?" I offer weakly. No wonder she can't fit in. I'm bursting with questions I'd like to ask, with curiosity. "What are you doing here then?" I manage to ask. "And uh... does anyone know?"

This was not at all what I had envisioned doing today.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

"Erm... well... my Dad does... but no one here. Dad gave the principle lots of those little gold things to let me into the school. We have piles of them around where we live. He seemed to really like them. He even got me somewhere to live! It has a tiny pool I can fill with hot water! I mean, I prefer cold, but it's really not as comfortable without the blubber.... Ummm... T-The reason I asked you out here is... Ivy." I pause. Embarrassed. More embarressed then I was about everything that happened before the conversation. "She's got my pelt. A-And she won't give it back unless I get Ryan off her back." I looked down at the sand, running my finger along it. "B-But I... I-I don't know how to do that. He's like a shark. We don't tangle with sharks. Otherwise our lockers end up in a River."

She looks out at the locker.

"T-That's not a metaphor. He threw my locker into the river after I pushed him into it after he found me swimming. I think he wanted to do the thing that we just did. I didn't want to. So I pushed him. You though? You can do that again... A lot." I flush. Then shake myself free of the thought. I want to do more... but I have to focus.

"I need help, David. I don't know how to handle this situation. I'm already getting horrible things said about me, by Chastity and Ryan and their friends. I'm out of my depth and floundering. But you, you're nice. I feel like... I can trust you."

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5


"I'm out of my depth" she says. Me too really. This is not an every-day happening. Barb's advice is of course "Just walk away, you don't owe her poo poo", but the entire point of this little exercise wasn't just to lose my virginity. That's a big upside though. Its to get the blackmail info on Sophie that Barb wanted in the first place. Of course that's also kind of gone out the window now that I realize that... uh... I might have feelings for River. Might! I mean we did uh... do it, and she's so innocent... and a sea monster.

Ok, so it's complicated. Her situation is complicated. I blush when she says we could uh... do it again. I'm not sure I could handle another bout right now. Not that I don't want to mind you, but uh... yeah. Words spill out of my mouth as if they had a volition of their own. "You can trust me." I believe it in that moment, but it may be a lie. I don't know yet. How can anyone trust a guy who has a wingman like Barb?

Her problem is... well, Ivy is her real problem. I'm not beyond roughing her up, mind you, a little intimidation could go a long way... but doing it on behalf of River, that leaves me open to all kinds of poo poo. Plus, i'll be honest, I loving *hate* Ryan. He gives me all kinds of deja-vu. He's not a good guy. I guess that means.... "We're going to destroy him" those words escape my lips before I have a chance to think. There's something about River that makes me abandon all common sense. I can hear Barb groaning in the back of my mind. "It's not going to be easy, its not going to be fun, but we're going to dismantle that entire terrible clique." I continue, somehow emboldened. Plus I can tie in getting Sophie's blackmail into this neatly. Win win.

Other than the fact that the entire football team is going to kill me.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

I head towards the river. It's the place where I can swim. In the water, the world and everthing sounds a lot further away, and you can't smell anything and I can just... relax for a moment. I don't make it quite that far, falling exhausted on the ground, my eyes burning as I pound on the ground. With the adrenaline in fading and the rage vanishing now that there isn't something to be angry at, there's just the fear and the crushing disappointment. I was this close to killing him. I mean, I get close to violence a fair amount of time, and you know, outright gave in, but it was always more 'showing them their place' when I gave in. Right now, I was just about ready to kill him.

About to kill one of the only persons who could understand me.

And that person seemed to think he should just give in.

Am I the stupid one? Shouldn't I try to fight it. Should I just beat up everyone who gave him lip till they give me what he want? There was the idea of a bruised and bleeding Jessie, on the ground and pleading and then I'd...

NO!

I am going to win. I am going to be better. And I am going to get Jessie to do it too. That way, we can help eachother. I wipe his hands over my face. . I should get myself washed up though. Someone sees you crying in this school, and there jeering isn't gonna stop till I kill someone. Meds or not. Alright, screw the classes for now, let's go to... Huh. That smell. No, not Ivy. Others from my class. Smelling a bit stronger. Like they been running or practicing or something.

Huh, curious. I get closer. Usually, this place is pretty empty.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Apr 18, 2018 around 22:57

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

"Wow! Really? You know how to do that?" I ask, excitedly, pressing up close against him. I suddenly remember I've not started putting on my clothes yet. Oops, why is this surface stuff so hard to remember? I flush, and grab for my skirt, shaking the sand off of it. "I don't-" I pause to hop awkwardly on one foot, my shoelace caught on the zipper. "-I'd never even think of tangling with them unless Ivy hadn't stolen a piece of me. I mean, in some ways it's good... because I can't leave, I can't run away back to the sea. But I don't want to do that. I want to graduate, and learn about music and singing and stuff... That's what drew me up here in the first place..." I start buttoning up my shirt, then pause, and take David's hand. Nuzzling it against my cheek, it's kinda sticky. So I lick it clean. Because that's obviously just good manners, right?

"W-Would you like to come over to my place tonight? I-If you're free that is? If you want we can do more of that thing you did to my mouth with your mouth, what's that called?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

"I mean, yeah, but that's like..." I kind of wave my hands awkwardly. "That's that and you're you and... You know what I mean?" I return her kiss, then poke her forehead. "I like the you up here. And... well, um, thanks. For trusting me."

After a moment reordering my thoughts, I say, "Well, um, I'm definitely down to cut class. Not like I'm going to miss anything..." Funnily enough, this is seriously true. I've been working ahead on my own given the glacial pace of our would-be teachers and I'm probably done with just about everything we'll cover this semester. "...Well, I do have a bit of an errand to take care of first, I guess. You can come with if you want."

I'm... not hugely excited by the prospect of Ming coming to watch me shake down River to speed up this whole get-Ryan-outta-my-hair plan. I mean, that girl is like a living set of tear ducts and I'm pretty sure she'll twist this whole fur thing into some big, bad thing. I'm going to give it back! Geez, what a drama factory. Anyways... I should probably clue her in if I'm gonna take her as a +1.

"Alright, uh, you know River? I was walking by the water a while back and I found this like... animal skin, I guess. It was kind of weird, but I kept it. Turns out that River is like really attached to it. And... well, I made a deal with her. I'd give it back if she helped get Ryan off my back. I figure it's a win-win. She gets her thing back, I'm not getting haunted by Chastity and Ryan on the regular."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Psychopath

"Ha ha ha ha ha..." All of a sudden I find myself laughing and smiling. There's this warmth in my face that I haven't really felt in a long while. I think I can even feel my heart beating. It's like I'm...

It's like I'm actually happy. When the realization hits me I continue into another fit of giggles. It's probably good that there's nobody around to see me right now, the might think I'm weird. Or, no- people already think I'm weird. That's fine. I don't care. Plus that doesn't even matter right now. I mean, did you see that look on Gary's face? He was so afraid. Terrified. He was really about to hurt me, wasn't he? Maybe even kill me. And then he caught himself. He knew what he was about to do...

"Oh..." I let out a sigh and close my eyes so I can just picture that all of again. The anger. The yelling. The wind up. The hesitation. The fear. It's so good... it's just too bad it's already over. "I guess I'll just have to wait for next time..."

Of course, there would have been a few problems if he actually did follow through. The pain and the bruising and the bleeding and what not. It probably would have been really gory. Horrifyingly gory. Who knows if I could even honestly handle it. Hitting the ground is one thing... but there have to be levels of pain beyond that, right? Maybe he would even rip me into so many shreds I wouldn't even survive.

"I should probably be a little careful," I say out loud as my mind starts trying to picture all the things that could possibly happen to me. Most of them are pretty painful. And then as I linger on that pain, my thoughts come back to that very real and very present feeling in my right arm.

"Oh, right." I lift that arm and wince a little as the pain gets a little bit worse for a second. Now that my Good Samaritan is gone, this whole thing is back to being my problem. It honestly feels a little more annoying than anything. This level of pain is something I'm maybe a little more used to and tolerant of than I should be. It doesn't help that this kind of injury is really a sign of weakness. Evidence that even people like Ming can try to stand up to me. "I guess I should take care of this..."

And so, slowly, I stand up and start to make my way to the nurse's office...



Satiety Move: Since I scared Gary and fed my Hunger, I choose to gain 1XP.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: White Knight

I smile at Ivy, and look interested as she talks about her errand. But then she says she took some weird animal skin from River? I can feel my smile fading. I'm thinking of Jessie and how he took Tammy's phone.

"So...you took something that belongs to River and you won't give it back unless she 'deals' with Ryan for you? How is she supposed to do that?"

gently caress I hope I'm missing something here.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

My own smile fades as I throw my hands up and say, "Whoah, what the gently caress, Ming? It's like I said. This thing was just lying around in the middle of nowhere. I didn't steal it, I found it. It's not like it has her name on it or anything, hell, she might have just liked the look of it when she saw it in my bag the other day." My posture starts to close off, arms wrapping around myself protectively, and I add, "Besides, you heard about how she kicked his rear end and knocked him in the river, right? I'm not asking her to do anything she hasn't done before."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3+1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

"You said you'd 'give it back.' So do you really believe this thing was laying around and River just really wants it? Or are you only saying that so she'll go and fight loving Ryan Rand and suffer the consequences instead of you?"

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down Ivy = (6+1)-1 = 6
Marking XP

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

I just look betrayed as Ming lays into me. I thought... I thought she'd understand. Well, gently caress, maybe she wouldn't. She doesn't have to deal with Ryan basically menacing her around every corner. Or, for that matter, risk getting caught alone and things getting out of hand.

My mouth works noiselessly, trying desperately to find the words that would convince her, but I can't think of anything. She's a goddamn white knight, of course she's going to be a sucker for a sob story.

Fine.

Whatever.

I can take care of myself. I've been alone until now, why would this be any different? I draw my jacket tighter around me, then run out the back of the greenhouse. As I round the corner, I feel lighter and lighter. It's like the weight of the world is sliding off me. Maybe this is best. Maybe I should just... slide through life, lost on the margins. Still gonna make sure that fucker Ryan gets his, though, and River is riding shotgun. Like it or not. She mentioned the river, I think? That's not too far from here...

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:56 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+1 Hiding Ivy's Scent (Keep Your Cool, I guess?) = (5+1)+1 = 7

Not entirely sure how this all interacts with Unnoticeable, but the scent is covered while she invisibly takes off.

So, as of now, Ivy is invisible, otherwise unnoticeable, and her scent is hidden. If a Run Away is also required, I got a 6 on that.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: White Knight

And then she runs out. gently caress. poo poo. Did I gently caress up? "Ivy! Wait!" I try to follow her, but...she's gone? What the gently caress? "Ivy?" I call out. I look around. "You...you still here? Come on, loving talk to me please!" I have no idea where she could have run off, so I guess I'm just hoping she's nearby and willing to turn around.

"Ivy...please."

Spending a String to tempt Ivy to come back and talk things out

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


David: Wow, you don't think small do you. It's not going to be easy it's not going to be fun. but it might be worthwhile and not just for the obvious... wait is she licking your hand. that's kind of weird, Anyway distractions aside who do you think would be the obvious place to start in breaking that little clique?

Gary: As you step through the forest you get a very good view of the river bank in all it's stagnant glory. And an equally good view of two of your classmates getting dressed in a hurry, it's obvious what the two of them have been up to judging by their generally dishevelled state. Especially what's her name, River. Are you jealous of them? As you get nearer you hear what's his face say"--We're going to destroy him." Destroy who? Do you walk out openly and join the conversation or do you want to lurk and see if you can listen to find out some more?

Ivy As you walk away you hear Ming's calls in the background. Do you want to go back to her? It'd be easy to walk away to hide in the background again wouldn't it. To give up that little bit of a connection to someone else. To be alone again. That is what you want isn't it? to be left alone and ignored by everyone? Who's more important for you to talk to right now. Ming or River?

River: Wow, he's going to help you. He's going to help you! Maybe there are some nice people up here after all! As you struggle with these stupid clothes, (drat whoever invented buttons.) you can't escape the feeling that you're being watched by someone do you say something to David about it or do you try and puzzle it out yourself?

Ming It's like she's vanished completely, leaving no trace that she was even there but that last lingering scent of her all over you. How the hell did she manage that? What are you going to do if she doesn't come back. Head back to school? How will you explain your absence if anyone cares enough to ask?

Jessie: You push your way into the nurses office, you see the school nurse hunched over her computer screen, She's a bit of a mystery and a source of some speculation to the student body. Bright attractive and very good at her job no one is quite sure how she ended up being assigned to be the school nurse for this run down shithole. "Yes how can I help you--" she starts to say before taking in your arm "Oh my," she gasps. before turning to rummage quickly through some of the cupboards in search of medical paraphernalia . Finding what she was looking for she turns to you and asks. "So how did you end up injuring your arm in the first place." What excuse do you give her or do you just tell her the truth?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

Eeeeeeeeeeeee! I can't help but feel so excited! I mean! AHHHH! I've got help! From David! And we just did that thing! That felt so good! And his hand tastes of- well, that doesn't matter! Because I'm just so excited! And I'm totally not thinking of doing that more. Okay I am. B-But it's not like that's bad or anything! Right?

B-But anyway, buttons. Buttons suck. Why we can't just be natural all the time? I don't get it. But people seem to get weird over that. David seemed to get really exited when he took my clothes off... a-and so did I... A-Ahem, w-well, it's not as big a deal as the feeling that someones watching me, well us. But I'm not sure if David feels it. But he's probably never hidden from a shark before. I look around. Trying to spot the hidden watcher.

"Hey, do you ever get the feeling somethings watching you?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Psychopath

"Oh, I-" I almost just blurt out the truth. That I got into a fight. That I got beat up by Ming... But I stop myself right before the words reach my lips.

I mean, I did tell Gary that I was going to lie about this one. Though when I said it I don't think I really cared about keeping my word. I mean, it's not like I actually care about what the school, or any adult, thinks. And it's not like I'm even that much of a liar. If Gary wanted to try to lie, that was his problem. I was mostly just going to go along with it. But now that I'm here, by myself, I guess it's now my problem. And as much as it might usually be my style to just kind of deadpan the whole truth and see how much people believe me... I guess I did make a promise, huh. And I am in a good mood thanks to him, so...

So let's see if this will work.

"I fell," I say casually, like it's no big deal, before going to sit down on one of the examination beds.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions:

The smell. Oh yeah, with some extra contest, I can detect some undertones that I thought were sweat, but weren't. gently caress, yep, that's gonna be awkward looking them in the face.

Jealous? I guess. I mean, I think I could have someone. Had some... interested parties in the past. But whenever I start to feel affection, or just plain old lust at someone, that other part of me is also along for the ride and I... scare myself. They look so drat satisifed, so happy. drat it, I want it. It doesn't even have to be a lifelong thing. Just that moment... Maybe that'd make me feel better?

Or maybe it'd just make it worse.

Wait... hold that thought. Destroy him? I hold absolutely still. Last thing I need is more violence. The hell are these two planning? They thinking to hurt Jessie perhaps, after his show in class?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Accepting the temptation.

I can feel leaves and grass crunch underfoot, the feeling of freedom taking hold. It'd be so easy, wouldn't it? Just to... vanish. To slip through life without anyone bothering me. I'm almost out of earshot by the time I hear Ming calling after me and... I stop. I don't take another step. I don't come back, not at first, but I can't bring myself to slip away completely. Maybe she doesn't understand me. Maybe she's just going to accuse me of... I don't know, being a thief or something again. But... maybe she won't. And if I can't trust her, can I trust anyone here?

I let out a deep sigh. Fine. River can wait. She's probably loving around in the water anyways, not like I'll miss anything but bizarre figures of speech if I put off our rendevous. I pad back towards where Ming is. I still feel different, the way I did when I first took off, but I think she can hear me. Maybe just not see me? Whatever, I'll figure whatever this is later. Crossing my arms defensively, I say, "...What?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: White Knight

It looks like she's gone. I sigh, trying to figure out what to do next. I guess I could just head to class and say I accidentally fell asleep? I don't think they'd care too much and just mark me as late. I suppose -

and then Ivy speaks.

"Oh! Ivy, I-" I look around. "Uh, where are you?" I try to head to where I heard her voice...but I can't really find her? What the gently caress?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Huh, interesting. She really can't see me. I'll have to mess with this later... maybe this is what I need to finally show Ryan he should back the gently caress off. Am I, like, totally invisible or would she be able to see me if I pick something up? What if I touch her?

I say, "I'm here, don't worry about it." A brief pause, then, "But, seriously. What? Are you going to try to guilt me about this River poo poo more or is there something else?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: White Knight

Where the gently caress is she? "Ivy, look...I'm sorry. It's just that what started the fight in homeroom was Jessie taking something from Tammy. I don't want you to be like him. I'll..." I think for a moment. "Let me meet with you and River, see how this is going down and if I can help?"

It feels super loving weird to feel like I'm taking to myself. "Can you come out where I can see you?"

Using Lucky I Guess to gain +1 forward

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2018 around 08:27

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Well... okay, maybe I can see where she's coming from. A little. I still think that she's making this whole thing way too crazy, but I guess I'd be a little jumpy about things too if I was fresh from a fight. I say, "In a bit, okay?" I pad around her, kind of bemused by how she definitely can't see me. She just thinks I'm hiding! That's adorable. The kind of adorable that just makes me want to tease her. "How about we make it a game? If you can find me, based on the hints I give you, then I'll come out."

I sneak behind her, the hot breath playing over her neck, and whisper into her ear, "Your first clue is... I'm hiding in the spot where we got to know each other. Intimately."

I take a few steps back and splay myself over the counter where we'd just made love. Alright, alright, it's not a hard clue. Maybe I do want to be found.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:14 AM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 Invisibly Turn On Ming = (2+6)-1 = 7

String/Self/Promise/Awkward.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: White Knight

For a second I think Ivy is right behind me and I whirl around. But...she's not there. I feel my heart racing and whirl around. "What-"

But she's not there. What the hell?

Giving a String to Ivy

Then she talks about coming out if I find her. Okay, I guess? This is super loving weird. I head back into the greenhouse and look around. "Ivy? Where are you?" I lean against the counter and put my hand down, only to feel like I touched someone.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+3 Turn On Ivy = (6+5)+3 = 14
Includes +1 forward from Lucky I Guess
Gaining a String On Ivy
Self/Promise/Embarrassed


I jerk my hand back and look, but nothing's there. "Ivy? Come out already." This is getting weirder and weirder.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5

River licks my hand. It feels weird. But not entirely unpleasant Is that a thing people do, or is that a River thing? Its probably a River thing, and in the moment its kind of endearing. I'm still not sure how to handle myself around her... i mean when I was kissing her and uh... it was so natural, so raw, now I feel kind of awkward and don't know what to do with my hands. I busy myself throwing clothes on, but honestly that didn't take that much time.

She asks if I want to go to her place tonight, and I feel my mind freeze at the not so subtle implications. I can hear Barb let out a long annoyed groan in the back of my mind. "Oh... yeah, I'd love to, that'd be uh... fun". I realize that i'm not nearly as suave as I saw myself when I imagined myself dating a girl. Are we even dating?

I fish my phone out of my pocket, and offer it to her "Here, add yourself to my contacts". Its a little embarrassing, because I have like... five numbers in there, but whatever.

She asks if I ever feel like i'm being watched. "Not really? I don't expect there'd be anyone out here during classes" I offer. "So does Ivy actually intend to help with the whole Ryan thing, or is she just going to be a tremendous bitch and no help at all?" I offer.

I'll be honest, I have no loving idea how the hell we're going to tear Ryan apart. The first step is to have a nice conversation with him and use Barbs special powers to get a read on him. Maybe get some juicy blackmail on one of Chastity or Sophie. I want to do it of course, they deserve a taste of their own medicine, but I'll fully admit I let my mouth and imagination get ahead of actual reason and logic. This is probably gonna get dangerous and we're going to need all the help we can get. What I really need is a team.

"I'm gonna try something" I offer, letting my mind relax for the second time today. This isn't something I do often, so I'm not sure how, if, its gonna work.

Gaze into the abyss, 'who can help me fight Ryan'

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:23 PM
@thecog19: 2d6 + 2 gaze into the abyss, allies = (6+6)+2 = 14

TheCog fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2018 around 17:24

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

I bite my lip as her hand plays over me, trying not to moan and give up the game. Oh my god, can she see me or not? I mean, given the way she just absolutely felt me up, I'm leaning towards yes. But given the way she's still asking around... hm. I take a moment to collect myself, a pretty long moment if I'm being totally honest, then slide down behind the counter. I'll just call her over when I'm ready. And... alright, she's won me over. I'll tell her that I'll let River off the hook if things start getting dicey for her. Not sure why they would when she's already proven she can kick Ryan's rear end, but whatever. I'll be the bigger person here.

I finally feel real again, like whatever was keeping me hidden went away, and I say, "You win, I'll come out." I lean against the counter, my hands still feeling the warmth of our intertwined bodies from earlier, and wait for her to turn around. After a moment, I add, "...And I'll give back River's stupid fur if things get dicey, alright? We can go check things out on her end if you want. She said she'd be pretty close by, just down the river."

Promising Ming something I think she wants!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

Ohhh! It's one of those talky boxes! I have one of those! Hones, I think they're called? Umm, right, how do I do this...? Beep beep beep, blip blip blip! Tada! That's my number! Wooow! He has five numbers?! I don't even have one numbers! God David is just so cool!

I look up as he asks me a question. I put my head on one side, thinking. "Ummm... I think she wants to help? She said that she'd be meeting me here as well. But she's not shown up yet. I'd be able to tell, because she has a really strong smell." I don't mention how much it excites me. I'm still feeling confused about that. I'm not feeling confused about wanting to have David on top of me again. But he looks like he's doing smart things that'll help with Ryan! So I'm trying to hold back. I'm trying. I watch him closing his eyes. I'm restless, uncertain what he was doing, but not willing to interrupt. So I chew on my lip instead. Rocking back and forth on my hips. My hands sitting between my thighs, tantalisingly close to more of those good feelings. Ahhh! I need to distract myself! Should I go for a swim? Would I get in trouble if my clothes got wet? Maybe I should take them off again? Would that be too distracting for David?

Isn't that what I want?

Yes~! I mean no! I don't want to interupt him if he's going to help me get my pelt back! Ah! That's perfect! I'll think about my pelt.

My mind turns to what I'll do once I get my pelt back... Back scratches! They're just the best! Laying on David's lap while he rubs me all over. It's heavenly! Oh! Or I could catch a forest fish! Maybe I should give one to David! To show him my gratitude! Yeah! All the better when it's live and wriggling, that's how you know it's fresh! Yessss! Best idea ever!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: White Knight

I whirl around as Ivy speaks. There she is. "Alright." Man what the gently caress was that about? I'll...just pass on commenting about it for now. At least we patched things up, a bit. I smile and take her hand. "Let's go."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

I smile back and start leading her to the river where River should be waiting, "Yep, follow me."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


David: "when you go against the king you better not miss." "sorry it's an old proverb that I picked from one of your people. " Barb adds. "you need someone strong and tough enough to stand up to him, no offence kid but I didn't pick you for your brawn. It'd help if they were dumb enough to be easily manipulated by say a talented debonair demon and his trusty sidekick of course. Of course good help is hard to find.. unless you know where to look. Do me a favour kid and spin round to your left a tad there open your eyes and tell me what you see. As you open your eyes you realise you're looking directly at Gary. How long has he been there! what do you do or say to him?

Gary: Well poo poo, Looks like you've been spotted. How the hell could that little scrawny kid have known you were there? You could have sworn you haven't made a sound or given yourself away but still he picked you out. Do you step out and try to give an explanation for your presence or do you run away from your problems again?

Ivy You trot down the river bank with Ming following closely beside you. As you approach you notice Rivers, clothing is askew and her hair is all over the place as if she's been... no. She's supposed to be dealing with Ryan, and not fooling around with someone else. Are you angry at her for disobeying your instructions what do you say when you confront her?

Ming Well it least if you hang onto her like that she can't pull another vanishing act right. Still as you approach the little group of people down by the river you become acutely aware of what you smell of. Ivy. Do you even care that everyone will know what you've been doing with her?

Jessie: "You fell, Huh and i suppose from the other bruises you have that what you fell onto was someone elses fists." she adds sarcastically. "Look if you don't want to admit anything that's your choice. But I do have a duty to report all instances of violence. Of course I could be persuaded to forget that obligation if you could do a little something for me." she say suggestively. "There's this new line of pills that just about ready to undergo human testing, if you'd try them out and report what effect they have on you. I could forget I even saw you. There might even be some cash in it for you if you keep your mouth shut about where you get your supplies from. What do you say?"

River: Oh no! here she comes, the filthy pelt stealer herself! How do you plan to explain what you've been doing here to her if she asks what progress you've been making towards getting Ryan off her back?

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at May 1, 2018 around 14:20

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4+1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

Marking XP for facing my peers with Ivy's scent on me. Taking Entrenched from the Mortal

Ah poo poo. Well I can't really turn back now even if I wanted to. Besides, from the looks of it David and River have been up to the same thing. So hopefully they'll just politely ignore it. I adjust my own clothes and look at the two of them. "Hey," I say and give a wave to them as I smile. "How's it going?"

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On David = (2+6)+2 = 10
Gaining a String on David
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

I'm right on the verge of giving in to my urges, fingers creeping ever closer to where David was touching me. I can't get my mind off of how it felt. How good it was. I lean into him, letting his smell fill my lungs. Holding onto his blazer. I'm about to beg him to- Oh! Is that Ivy and Ming? Ahhhh, could they not have waited another hour? I hold onto David, but this time less in preparation for more fun, and now to hide behind him. I can already feel a whine of sorrow building at the back of my throat. I consider begging for my pelt back. But I'm more curious by why Ming smells of Ivy?

"H-Hey..." I murmur, my nose twitching as that arousing scene hits me. It makes me feel even worse. No, better. No ahhh, whatever! I just want to... I want to get my pelt back and be back into David's arms. I don't get it, why isn't Ivy smelling of Ivy, and Ming is smelling of Ivy? And why are they both so scruffy? And why does Ivy have moss stains on her clothes? Is she turning into a plant? Is that why she's called Ivy?

"I-I've asked David to help, and he says we can totally destroy Ryan and Chastity." A note of hope creeping into my voice. "I-Is Ming going to help too?" I bite my lip. A husky breath and flutter of my eyes as the coying scent tinges my words. "Please, I.... I just want it back..."

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:28 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d6+2 Turn on Ivy = (6+4)+2 = 12

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at May 1, 2018 around 21:36

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5

'Thanks barb' I think quietly to myself. Not sure why I'm whispering in my thoughts, but I do it anyway. I'd be offended by the brawn comment, but its true. I can take a beating, but I sure as hell cannot dish it out. Frankly, I'd prefer to be far away from any violence. Don't really want to actually wind up in prison. I see Gary between the trees. Perfectly immobile. How long has he been there anyway? I really hope he hasn't been there long. I blush slightly at the thought of Gary having seen... everything. Well, I take Barbs words to heart. "Well, if you've been lurking here all this time, you might as well come out." I say, with a confidence I don't entirely feel. He kind of scares me, and he has a rap for being both violent and on drugs. Then again, *I* have a rap for being violent, and we all know how I feel about fights. Bruised mostly.

I'm about to say something else, ask him if he wants a piece of Ryan, when I see... Ivy and Ming. Well this is just turning into a party with River by the river. I'm sure I look just great, with my fly still down and looking like I just rolled around on the riverbank. Which I was. But still. Then the smell hits me. Its the sweet, intoxicating smell of Ivy. But it's clinging to Ming like a miasma. I have a sudden awkward realization that I'm not the only one who just got done rolling around in the mud. Good for Ming. Ivy on the other hand, I give her a look that probably betrays exactly how I feel about her. River of course is hiding behind me and pleading. Not exactly a convincing argument, but then again, Ivy has literally stolen a part of her. Which I find hard to forgive.

Ming smiles at me, and I feel... an odd sensation. My cheeks burn, and I kind of stammer. "Oh... not too much, just planning how to bring down Ryan, destroy the school's upper caste, and somehow avoid being beaten to a pulp by the football team, and everyone else who's hair we're going to ruffle in the process. You know, no biggie." (Giving her what she wants, a straight answer). "Ivy is probably not interested though. Not enough bullying people who can't fight back." I let out a little bit of snark. Its true though. "Anyway, Gary, you gonna join the war council, or are you gonna keep hoping for a peep show?" I'm not sure why i'm suddenly emboldened. Maybe I *am* having a psychotic break. It would explain why I think any of this is possible. Well, if Gary is going to punch my head in, I guess now is a good a time as any. Maybe it'll knock some sense into me. Or maybe Ming will kick my rear end for sassing her girlfriend. Its not like she couldn't.

I'm really lacking in common sense today.

quote:

2d6 + 1 Be super cool and thus turn on Gary = (2+3)+1 = 6

TheCog fucked around with this message at May 2, 2018 around 00:54

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Alright, alright. River is a total dork, and kind of an idiot, and really too naive for her own good. She is cute, though, I don't think anyone's going to deny that... and while I want to get on her case for wasting time, it sounds like she wrapped in that equally dorky and idiotic David kid, though probably as much from loving his sorry rear end as from telling him her stupid sob story. So... kind of a wash, I guess. Personally I'm just hoping he does get beaten to a pulp by Ryan and his never-ending parade of goons. Maybe that'd cure him of his terminal case of smart-assery.

I flip him the bird, then completely ignore the fucker. River is the main player here. We'll all be happy once she does her goddamn job. I say, "C'mon, River, don't give me that poo poo. You know what the deal is. You get your rug back when Ryan figures out the way things aught to be. Now..." I sigh, stopping to fix my shirt as it tries to eliminate any hope of modesty in this increasingly immodest situation, then say, "Yeah, we'll help. But this needs to happen today. Alright? You want to sleep with your fuzzpad as much as I want this dick out of my life."

River takes a string and also gets a promise of something Ivy thinks she wants: help with the plan!

That was, as it happened, what I'd done with the pelt. It was safely back in my room, tucked under covers, and it was great for cuddling with to go to sleep. No wonder she wanted it back so bad, huh? Doesn't explain why she left it by the river, but, well, she's a giant freaking weirdo. She does what she does and I don't even pretend to get it.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:03 PM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 Turn On River? = (5+5)-1 = 9 + 1 (String) = 10

Spending a string to get a string back and River chooses Self/Promise/Awkward.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Psychopath

Oh. Of course. Hearing the nurse's sudden offer, I'm surprised... but not really surprised. It's maybe not how I expected this to go, but it makes complete and total sense. I mean, this is what I always believed. There's no such thing as somebody "Too Good" for Elm Hall. Everyone that comes here gets sent here for a reason. There are no innocent or good people here. So, the talented, hot, caring nurse? Yeah. Of course she'd be a loving drug dealer.

"Well," I shrug, "going through a report sounds like a pain in the butt, so I guess I'll go with the pills. And the cash."

I haven't really had the best relationship with medicine, but better that than scrutiny. And who knows, maybe the pills won't be so bad. Worst case, I guess I can just dump them on someone else and make something up for my report.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4+1/5 | Conditions: White Knight

I stare at David. "Are you loving serious?" I try to ignore River's pleading and his shot at Ivy. Just...let it go. "Why the hell are you taking all of them on? I thought just stopping Ryan from harassing Ivy was the plan here." As he mentions Gary my eyes flick over. There he is, just watching us. Uh, okay. Sure.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5

I see Ming just doesn't understand how this works. How people like Ryan work. Her confrontational attitude has me set on edge. I need all the help I can get. So I grit my teeth an explain. "Oh I'm serious. If you want Ryan to back off, this is the only way." I hold back a sigh. "Ryan is an alpha wolf." I hesitate, "no, more of a hyena. He wants Ivy. As long as he has his cronies and his status, nothing is gonna make him back down." I try to avoid being condescending, but perhaps some of my irritation leaks through. "We can't threaten him with force, because he has the entire loving football team. They put River's locker in the river. Wanna see what happens to the wise guy who threatens to hurt the all american hero? Because I don't." I take a breath.

"Oh I know, we could tattle on him!" I suggest brilliantly, "the teachers here are so engaged, surely that'll work." I can't help but drip sarcasm. "Maybe we can start a bullying is bad campaign, exert some real social pressure" I continue, before dialing it down. "We can't offer him anything he doesn't already have. Unless Ivy is willing to sleep with him?" I offer, . "But I don't think that's on the table."

I pause for a second. I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with me. I'm not usually this... vocal. "So as I see it, we have two options. If there even is a we. We can either try to win, to actually make sure Ryan can never hurt anyone, or we can try to escalate, and lose. Because if we don't actually do this well, all that's gonna happen at best, is he backs off for a couple days. Then next week he's back to it, but twice as bad."

I give an exaggerated shrug. "Honestly, its not too late. We can all go back to class and pretend none of this happened. Ivy and River can deal with the harassment, and we won't take any risks. But Ryan isn't going to back off. He's going to keep coming at them until he gets what he wants... or we force him to back down permanently."

I just realized it sounded a little like I'm suggesting murdering Ryan. Not that that wouldn't be convenient, but I'm not going to go to jail over some prick, I just want to dethrone him.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

"That's how you're using it....?" I say, voice faint. My mind jumps to her. Naked. Wrapped in a piece of me. Is that why she has such an effect on me?

"If you j-just wanted something to sleep with, then you could have just asked me. I'm very cuddly. Please stop sleeping with my pelt...! Please...!" I whine. Almost begging on my knees before her.


-- - -
Offering what I think she wants. River doesn't know what sleeping with means.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at May 2, 2018 around 18:43

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster

How the hell did he see me? He wasn't even looking in my direction. I briefly freeze, but it's clear I'm spotted. And then Ivy and Ming are there and her smell is on Ming and I feel a stab going through me. Everyone has someone to be with, except me. My thoughts turn to Jessie and that dangerous smile. I guess... I could have, at some price. I mean, he wouldn't be an innocent would he? Look, no, don't loving think about that right now. Deal with the situation at hand. David is trying to overwhelm me, and it feels like a challenge. I meet his look with a stare.

I get up and walk forward, like I own this place and they're the tresspassers. Hey, this place is where I usually take a swim after all. Yeah, they're the intruders in my territory. "Just came here for a swim. Then heard you talking like you're planning to sink Ryan beneath the waves or something. Figured I prefer not to get noticed by someone that might be talking murder."

Was Jessie right? Is everyone in this school a terrible person? Is everyone a terrible person? Am I just trying to do the impossible here?

Then David talks about Ryan like an alpha wolf, and I feel my temper flare, fists clenching and teeth grinding against each other. Flashes of seeing Ryan in front of me, submitting to me, raising a hand up in surrender in front of all his packma friends. I'd be better, kinder. I could take over and make sure poo poo is run properly.

I look at David. "So, if you're not suggesting a beatdown, and you're not suggesting involving the teachers, what are you suggesting then, David? Don't dance around this." I step right up to him.

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6-1 Shut down David = (5+6)-1 = 10: I will take one forward.

I look as River pretty much offers her complete submission to Ming, who has her... pelt? What is going on here? David is wanting to destroy Ryan, because River asks him to, because Ming, who is assisted by Ivy is blackmailing her with some pelt, because Ryan is harassing her. 'they don't send decent people to Elm Hall' Jessie's words ring in my head. I just want some goddamn peace. I feel my nails digging in my palms.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at May 2, 2018 around 08:55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: White Knight

Removing White Knight due to ignoring the Ivy/River thing and David's comment towards Ivy

And now he's talking down to me like I'm a child. Great. Like I don't know how useless the staff here is or how the kids on top treat everyone below them.

"Yeah David, I know. I'm well aware the people here are shitheads. But what are you going to be able to do about it? How are you going to make sure he doesn't come back at us? What can you even do to everyone you want to take down?"

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down David = (5+5)-1 = 9
Taking a String on David, he gives me a condition back

  • Locked thread