Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

I stare blankly at River for a few moments. Is she...? Did she...? I think she did. Is. Wants to? I shoot a searching look at Ming, trying to figure out if she can parse what the gently caress is going on with our newfound partner in revengeance. Of course, she's got her own thing going on with giving David the business. And Gary... well, no surprise that a meathead like that can only figure out how to solve problems with murder. Alright, guess this plan was more of a bust than I thought if people can't even figure out how to deal with one quarterback without fighting everyone who's ever looked at a football.

I clear my throat and stare at everyone in turn, though my eyes linger on Gary a bit longer than everyone else. Is he looking back...? It doesn't look like it. Maybe only girls like the way I smell. Sounds about right with how things are going. I say, "Alright, whoah, let's settle down with this murder bullshit. River, we'll talk after. Calm down before you embarrass yourself. Man, I thought..." I shake my head slightly. "I guess it doesn't matter. But if you all can't think of a goddamn plan, I do have a few ideas. Ryan is only king poo poo of gently caress mountain because he has people thinking he's more than just talk. All we gotta do to knock him off his throne is make a fool of him in front of his crew. You really think they'll go to bat for him when there's blood in the water?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:19 AM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 Turn On Gary = (1+6)-1 = 6

Advancing and taking Faery Contract!

Tricky fucked around with this message at May 2, 2018 around 18:54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: N/A

Ivy said words, but I didn't hear them. I was too busy stairing dead at Gary. He moved, smiled, thought like them. It was the smallest twitch of the head. Twitch of his muscles. The snarl half hidden behind a sneer. But what hit me the most was his eyes. Oh god his eyes.

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:46 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d6-1 River attempts to keep her cool = (4+1)-1 = 4

- - -

I couldn't move. I couldn't move. I could only staire at him with one terrifying word screaming around my head. Orca

Orca

Orca

ORCA

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at May 2, 2018 around 18:57

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST




Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: | Dark Power Strings: 1/5

For fucks sake, what the hell is wrong with these people. I can hear Barb whispering in the back of my brain. "You don't need them kid. Ditch them, I guarantee you, we can get you a hotter piece of rear end than that selkie." I tune him out. I really don't need this right now. I have all the pieces here, if I can just make them fit. I can do this. I can do it and win. I'm not going to allow a repeat of last time. This is a strange feeling. I'm no longer... apathetic, instead i feel raw. Alive. Angry. One at the time then.

River seems paralyzed with fear, so I make sure to stand between her and Gary. I.... I'd like to hold her hand but that would just be super awkward.

First the most dangerous element in the room. "Yes Gary, very good, I was somehow proposing that with my incredible physique, I'd drag Ryan, the football star, down here to the river and drown him. Did you hit your head? No one is going to kill Ryan. Well... I'm not at least." He's right in my face, and I have to admit, he's a little scary. "But to put it in words, we're going to ruin him socially. We're going to disgrace him. We're going to torpedo his relationship with Chastity, so he can't rely on her to run PR, and then we're going to strip him of his clique of friends. Right now, if we strike directly at him, we're all hosed, so we can't just go pound his face in. We *are* going to need someone to run interference when things get physical though." I look him up and down. "Not sure if you'll do though. They are football players, and you're just... you" i'm hoping to bruise his ego a little bit, Gary looks like a meathead, and I'm not sure what his beef with Ryan is. I don't have a bead on him really, I'm just trusting Barb that he can help.

quote:

@thecog19: 2d6 - 1 shut down gary = (2+1)-1 = 2
Marking exp

"Ivy, this is your party, but honestly, if you think getting a couple of his cronies to laugh at him is going to do anything to Ryan, you have another thing coming. If you embarrass him, unless you do it so spectacularly its unimaginable, it'll be the pink shirt fiasco all over again. He'll be mad, but with Chastity running social media, and him being a football star, the damage will last at best a week... and if he learns you did it? Well, its going to be a lot worse than him wanting in your pants." I give an exaggerated shrug. "Maybe that'll spice up your life, I don't really care as long as River gets her pelt back." I hesitate for a second. "But if when this is all said and done you don't give it back... Ryan will be the last of your worries." its not a threat, but a promise, I'll give Barb whatever he asks for, but I will get the pelt back, one way or another.

Then I look at Ming. Honestly, I'm surprised, I respected Ming. I guess I didn't really realize till this moment. I still kind of do. I thought she had... something I didn't, a sense of honor or something. When I saw her, I thought this might have a real chance. "I'm disappointed Ming." I say, "I didn't think of you as a coward," (giving condition, coward), "you know when you stood up to Ryan, punched out Guy, in general resisted bullies. I respected you for that. I thought you were actually kind of cool. But now you have a chance to actually try to do something to make an impact... and you're scared. What can we do? We can find all their dirty secrets, and we can use them against them."

I pause. Maybe I've said too much. Maybe letting myself care was a huge mistake. Maybe Barb is right.

"Or we can go with Ivy's plan of drawing on Ryans face with permanent marker or whatever."

TheCog fucked around with this message at May 6, 2018 around 01:15

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

[quote="Shogeton" post="483707608"]
Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster

I hate feeling like this. I hate the rage, and the violence, and the fact that it makes me feel so powerful. I try to keep quiet, to avoid this poo poo. But that means that this pale little poo poo thinks he can just challenge me to my face, in the same breath as saying how weak he is. Insults Ming too. All the while the girl is just whimpering. Just because I don't go Ryan, means he thinks he can treat me like this? I will loving show him...

[i"]We're monsters."[/i]

I reach back and ball my fist. I feel that glee start to build, I yearn for that feel of knuckles on jaws, and the sight of him pained and scared on the ground. I did this dance plenty of times.

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6+3 Lash out at David = (1+2)+3 = 6 Even with the Forward, doesn't help. But get my first xp.

Only this time something weird happens. All the fire suddenly snuffs out, my arm going limp by my side. There is a... calm. My thoughts seem distant and it's hard to hold on them, but at least they're unclouded. I don't remember any downers making me feel this... calm before. I'd probably be cheering, except I can't really feel much of that either. I look at all of them, looking so excited with a vague amusement, like it's a movie I'm watching. I was caring a lot about it. I probably would too if not for the pills.

"Hmm...." I say "I just eh... wanted to make sure you didn't want to kill him. I mean, you could always have put something in his food or something. You can kill folks without fighting them. But yeah... he's got to look weak. We're all saying the same thing, just in slightly different ways." There's a faint sense of amusement, and it's the most intense feeling I get since this started. I look at Ivy again, the smell just a thing now, like the sound of water, the feel of my clothes. My eyes are half lidded as I speak in a monotone voice. "Ruin him socially, make a fool of him in front of his crew. That's not that different is it? Just... take a chill pill." Again, that faint, distant feel of amusement. "and let's think how... Ryan's the leader of his pack. Top dog. His pack is the football team. Take his pack, you take everything. What would make him lose that?"

I think for a moment and then shrug. "If he was found sleeping with dudes I guess? Probably causes his girl to break up too" I continue to speak in a that voice, placid as a calm lake.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at May 6, 2018 around 04:32

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward

"You stupid gently caress," I say to David. "There's a difference between standing up to people like Ryan when they come at you versus declaring war on them and everyone who could support them. What the gently caress are you even proposing we do? You're not actually saying anything concrete, you're just spewing vague poo poo and then insulting us when we point out the dangers."

I cross my arms, and look away from him. What the gently caress. Gary looks like he wants to punch David which I can't really blame him for, but apparently resists and then starts going all creepy monotone. Oh...kay? Maybe it's something he's on? Who knows. I kind of smile when he suggests having Ryan caught with another guy.

"And which boy at this school is going after Ryan? Unless you're volunteering to take one for the team? I mean, you're cute and all Gary but I don't think Ryan has ever shown any interest in guys to match the interest he has at any girl unfortunate enough to catch his creepy eyes."

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On Gary = (4+6)+2 = 12
Taking a String on Gary
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

I meet David's gaze, "Sounds like a loving promise then. Too bad I already said I'd give it back, though, bet you're just projecting. You got something like that, I bet you'd be making her do all sorts of nasty poo poo." A brief pause as I consider the two of them more, not really even registering how weird things felt when David said his piece. "Though it seems like she's all-in on your creep angle, so I guess you won't need to twist her arm too much."

I shake my head. This was getting way too goddamn complicated. I turn to Gary and say, "Yeah, you got it, buddy. David's all on some conspiracy bullshit, but we just need to get Ryan. Emphasis on just him. The jersey thing didn't work because the whole team got hit. They closed ranks, circled the wagons, whatever you want to call it. That's survival. But if it's just Ryan? Then it starts looking pretty tempting to throw him out on his lonesome. There's gotta be another guy looking to be the big QB, people aiming to be the king. All we need to do is give them a chance. They'll do the hard part for us."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster

Ming smiles at me. I like Ming. She's willing to get into a scrap. She's strong. "Maybe I will. I'd need to be giving it for the team, not taking it. Otherwise it might not work as well." My voice continues to flow as steady and uninterrupted as my thoughts. I probably should feel some more objection to the idea of seducing Ryan, not to mention some stress at revealing the whole 'wait, I'm into guys' things, but right now, all that sounds like worries that are oh so far away. I kind of like Ming's style, and this would solve the problem.

Give Ming what he thinks she wants. Gary is going to try to seduce Ryan

As Ivy talks I turn to her. "Only if he's shown to be too weak to lead, or betrays them." Another idea comes floating downstream. "We could fake an opportunity to go to another school. A better school. Because he's a good player. Fake letters, fake phonecalls. Record and keep his responses. Show that he'd leave this school and his team if he has a shot at somewhere better. Gather enough evidence, then spread it to his teammates and girlfriend. Between the anger from his friends and the disappointment of not getting to leave this school and become a star athlete, he'll fall."

Again, there's some stirring like maybe I should feel something about that plan, something negative, but it's distant and irrelevant. It's a sensible plan, right?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


Jessie: "Well in that case. It's a pleasure to be working with you. Mr Hann, Now if you'll just let me take a look at that arm. Hmm, quite a nasty break there. Tell me was it worth it? Whatever you did that earned it? because if it it wasn't then all this pain will be for nothing and that's a waste. Pain should teach you something at least" As you're contemplating a response she suddenly snaps your arm back into position. heal one harm. "Sorry I find that usually works better when the patient is distracted by something. One of my colleagues uses music, I prefer a more personal touch." Still she seems genuinely curious to hear your answer. Do you open up to her or tell her it's none of your business?

River: As he looms over you, you finally realise something you've been hiding from yourself all along. Where you come from, you were the maybe not the strongest, maybe not the fastest. But you were the smartest. The most dangerous predator in the seas. But up here... up here you're something else. You're a target for every Land-Orca every Land-Shark. You're Prey mark that as a condition. and if you're not careful you might just be one of the unlucky fish that get eaten. Still smart fish travel in schools don't they. The little voice in the back of your head tells you there's strength in numbers, that if you ask for help you might just get it. Who do you think you could ask to help you feel safe since David alone might not be enough?

Gary: The plan is great, you should really follow the plan. In fact you think you should let the group make plans for you all the time. It's so much easier following orders. So much easier doing what you're told... gain the condition suggestible Wait, man those pills you took earlier are really staring to kick in you feel like you're floating on a warm and fuzzy cloud. Ugh, you can still feel the wolf but it's faint low almost impossible to reach. Perfect. Now all you've got to do is figure out how to get Ryan alone with you. What do you think you have that he'll want?

Ivy Hmm, this might just work you know. Make Ryan look like an idiot, destroy him socially that'll hurt him more than beating the crap out of him ever could. Even if beating the crap out of him would be way more satisfying wouldn't it. Still it'd probably for the best if you kept your distance from him. After all you don't want anyone to know you were the mastermind behind his fall. Or do you? Maybe this could be the thing that gets you noticed makes you someone. Is that what you want out of life?

Ming: So why do you care about this whole thing anyway? This isn't your fight. Hell this morning you wouldn't have given two shits about who Ryan was going after would you as long as it wasn't you would you? You could probably back out of it and spare yourself a lot of hassle if you wanted to. Do you want to?

David: "You're really going to take that are you kid? From her of all people? Still this ain't the time or the place. Make a scene now and it'll be you in the wrong. Still give it time and we'll make sure everyone gets what's coming to them. What they deserve. Oh by the way you know you've missed an entire class while the lot of you were plotting your rather pedestrian plots. You might want to rush or you're going to be late for your next class. And you don't want to be late for gym class do you? I know how much you look forward to it and no one wants to be late do they." Do you slip away on your own or do you warn the rest of the group?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey

I let out a little whimper as Gary seems to mellow out. I don't trust it. But... he doesn't feel like he just did any more.... what was that? Some instinct told me to find the safety of a group, to be subservient to their needs. It was a natural instinct of both Seal and Selkie to herd when there was danger about. Selkie were gifted with the protection of the oceans, the strong males protecting us from predators with it's watery might. But I didn't have that. So all I could do was need others and I was feeling it hard. But it was all getting blended in with that constant scent of Ivy's that set my nerves aflame, and long for the electrifying rough and tumble that left me a quiver just thinking about it. I rose to my feet and tried to find my voice. Something told me I needed to keep these people together. Stop them fighting, and get them to focus on what mattered. The power of safety in numbers.

A herd needed food, that I could offer them! Yeah, I could go fishing for all of them! The bestest freshest fishes! Straight from the forests! Who wouldn't want one of those?! They'd have to be crazy not too! Of course it did make my planned gift to David a little less impressive.... unless I saved the bestest largest fish of all for him! Yeah!

- - - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:08 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d6+2 River Turns On Ming = (4+3)+2 = 9

Spending 1 String on Ivy and 1 String on David to tempt them.

- - - -

"S-So... umm... I was thinking... if we're going to do this... we need to work together, we can't be fighting and bickering like squid around a school of fish." I ponder the metaphor, but everyone knows that one right? So I press on. "If everyone gets through this, then I'll make sure we all have a really good reward! I mean, I'm not sure I'll be able to do all of you at once... maybe two at a time, unless I get really lucky! So... um... let's play nice together, okay?" I flash a wink at Ming, after all, she's the one who's most getting under David's skin, but I know that David and Ivy are totally tempted too... maybe even Gary, and while I wish he wasn't, I'm way too scared of him to say no... but maybe it'll work out! After all, we've seen loads of creatures where they've worked together to get food, like Octopus and ummm, that one fish... I can't remember the name of it. Really tasty though, they're always hanging around coral gardens and algae forests. So maybe if I feed this Land Orca, he'll leave me alone?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward

"Uh." I didn't think Gary would take me seriously. Or be willing to go for it at all. "I was just kidding Gary. The second idea sounds better." And honestly, I don't really like the first plan much. Even if Ryan would deserve whatever would happen to him. But I do want to help Ivy out. As long as David doesn't gently caress everything up with his vendetta against everyone popular here, we might be able to do something.

And then River suggests some kind of orgy? What the gently caress. I feel a bit of heat as she winks at me. I'll just. Pass on that then.

Giving River a String

"I'll pass, River." I smile and wink back. "Thanks for offering anyway."

@Heliotrope: 2d6+2 Turn On River = (2+4)+2 = 8
Self/Promise/String/Embarrassed

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey

A pang of disappointment hits me as Ming says no. Also one of panic. No no no no no! I need this pod to stay together! If you don't stay there's no chance that Ivy will!

I step in close to her. The drat smell making my knees go weak. My words go slightly husky.

"Please don't say that. It's no fair if you put in the work and don't get to enjoy the rewards. I promise you'll enjoy it." Ahhh... I'm half way to caving and begging for someone to do what I was doing with David. But I hold on. I place a hand on her upper arm. Just to steady myself.

- - -

Whoops, forgot to update this to include reaction to Ming's turn on. Included it in new post.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at May 14, 2018 around 17:12

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster, suggestible

I'm so used to any kind of standing up to me, any kind of attempt at taking leadership means I feel the annoying need to assert authority, whether it's Ryan swaggering, a teacher assigning homework or getting criticism to a plan, that its absence is kind of weird. I'd probably be either real giddy about it, or maybe even worried, but all I feel is vague contentment, going with the flow. Like my whole mind is in a warm bath. When Ming suggests the second plan I nod with a faint smile. "Yeah... the second plan does sound better."

I look with relaxed, half lidded eyes, vaguely following the exchange between River and Ming. Sounds like she's offering sex? Sure, why not? There's a vague flicker of reluctance at that, and a flash of someone else, but it's really hard to focus, and I don't wanna right now. I've had a rough day, and these folks got it all figured out, right? "Sounds good, River." I say in the same vaguely content voice."We all work together, we all get a reward."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Psychopath

The nurse's question lingers in my head, feeling heavier than it maybe should. Was it worth it? The injury. The fight. Breaking my arm. Did any of that really accomplish anything? I'm not sure. Images of Gary, Tammy, and Ming flash through my mind. Mixed feelings stew around in my gut. The dull, hungry headache I had this morning. The hyperactive tension I felt during the fight. The serene sense of helplessness I had while being carried through the halls. In a way, it all worked out in the end. I mean, that look on Gary's face. But really, honestly, that whole incident was kind of a waste, wasn't it?

Gr-HHK! My thoughts are interrupted by a sudden, sharp feeling shooting through my arm. I look down and see that the Nurse has set my arm back into position. And she explains it was all a trick to distract me. Oh. That makes sense.

But the question still hangs in the air. Was it worth it?

"Well..." I feel myself open up a little as I start to talk. It feels a little easier to talk about it than it does to just think about it. "Does it really matter?"

I let my eyes wander to a chart on the wall. A diagram of bones and muscles. Flesh and a skeleton. It all looks fake. But that's all the human body is. "It's not like anything here really matters." Consequences don't even really exist. "Pain's just pain. It's a feeling. It goes away. You get hurt, but as long as you get better it doesn't matter. That's how the body is. It heals naturally."

Vague memories hover just out of reach. Past pains. Especially...

I take in a deep breath. "Pain hurts. But at least it's..." I look for the right word to say, but it's not there. I know what I want to say, but I'm not sure how to say it. "At least it's... something. It's not nothing. At least if you're hurt you can feel something. You know it's not a dream. You know you're alive."

Alive. Saying the word out loud sends a weird chill down my spine. I feel myself shiver a little. Thinking about it makes it feel kind of like there's a shadow over me. A pit under me. I know if I think about it too much I might get lost in it. So I push those thoughts aside and look the nurse in the eye.

"So when do I get those pills?" Oh. Don't forget. Don't let her forget. "And the money."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey

"Please Ming, please.... I'll... I'll even t-try to stop getting upset when I see Ivy, b-because she has my pelt and- I'll try. Okay? Let's work together, stop fighting, and enjoy something nice after it's all over."

- - -

I'm promising something I think Ming wants.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Going along with the temptation, clarified in Discord to be not fighting and working together.

I shoot Ming a glance. Goddamn, this whole school was thirsty as gently caress. I say, "Uh, well, that's... that's great, River. Let's figure this all out first and then we can... figure that whole..." I wave a hand vaguely at her. "...out. Okay? Remember, you want that rug. Eyes on the prize, girl."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward

Maybe I shouldn't have smiled and winked. I thought I'd let her down in a friendly way, but I guess she's taking that as a sign to just keep pushing.

With a frown I yank my arm away from her hand. "Just let it go already okay? I said no. I'm not interested."

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Shut Down River = (6+6)-1 = 11
Giving River the condition Creep

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey, Creep

I flinch back as Ming snaps at me. Confusion spreads across my face, like ripples in water. A storm is brewing. Something I'm not comfortable with. But I'm a Selkie, born of the Sea, and even the most placid Sea can turn when a storm is brewing. The water lapping the shores laps a little harder. A small mote of sympathy from home. An echo of the rage building in me.

"I-I... I'm trying to be NICE to you! You ungrateful jerk! But fine! I won't catch you any tasty fishes then! That was the reward! Nice freshly caught fishes! Why are you even here anyway?! All you've done is just been mean and horrible! I'm only doing this because SHE! STOLE! MY! PELT!" Red hot anger flashes. A mantis shrimp emerging from it's hiding hole. Every word a dagger. "I WANT IT BACK! I want this over! This stupid fighting! We're going to beat Ryan. I'm taking back what's mine, and then after the reward you can be sharkfood for all I care! So ether help or leave me alone!"

"What the did you even think the reward was, anyway?!"

- - -

Spending String on Ming to bump roll up to a 10

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:32 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d6-1 Shut Down Ming = (4+6)-1 = 9 10

Giving Ming the condition: The Most Horribleist Person with a Dirty Mind

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward, The Most Horribleist Person with a Dirty Mind

"What the gently caress?" Assuming I even wanted fish, was that true or is this just her way of trying to pretend like she didn't suggest we all gently caress each other? Wait why am I bothering to think this over?

"All right then. Have fun trying to take on the whole school or whatever the gently caress you want to do. Ivy, I'll help you deal with Ryan on our own." And I leave.

Spending a String to tempt Ivy to go along with me

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Going along with the temptation!

I look between River and Ming for a moment, then turn and follow her away. I say, "Alright, let's do it."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster, suggestible

Man, everyone's arguing. Why are they all so high strung. They look like they could use some pills too. I vaguely pay attention. Oh, she meant fish. I vaguely smile. That was kinda funny, how things got in a misunderstanding. Nobody else seems to think it's funny though. Yelling and insulting. Real good thing I'm on these pills now, or I'd probably be yelling too and trying to take charge and that sounds so annoying.

Ivy and Mind leave and I wave. "Bye Ivy and Ming, good luck with dealing with Ryan." I mean, I could go with them, but they didn't ask me. I don't want to get any trouble. Which leaves me with River and David. I give her a faint smile. I bet most people would be somewhat shook by all of this, but it's like I'm watching some silly cartoon. "I also was kind of thinking you were talking about sex. But fish also sounds good. I didn't know you fished. That's pretty awesome. Sounds like a nice relaxing thing to do." I say, giving a faint, calm smile. "Can I still have fish if we're all working together?"

@Zacharia - Shogeton: 2d6+2 turn on River = (3+5)+2 = 10 Take a string, give self, promise, be awkward

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey, Creep

My lip quivers as the two turn and leave. So that was it huh? Hold me to ransom and then be horrible? I don't know what I expected. I don't know what I thought I'd achieve. Ivy I knew was awful, but I'd thought Ming was okay... clearly I was wrong. I mutter under my breath in my native tongue.

"Tá súil agam go gortaíonn an leaba farraige do bholg!" {I hope the sea bed scratches your belly!}

It was a grave insult, mum would have nipped my flippers if she found out.

I was just about to (start crying) leave, but then Gary spoke up. I jumped a little. He'd been so quiet I'd almost forgotten about him. Especially after how he'd entered. But he asks about Fish. Whenever I was sad back home, Mum would catch me these big yellowfin Tuna. Or maybe a Macrill. It brings the ghost of a smile to the corner of my mouth.

"Y-Yeah, *sniff* I love to fish." I turn to Gary, drying my eyes on my sleeve. I still can't work him out. It's like he's been stung by a jellyfish. "The best fish are the one's you catch yourself! Mom and Dad taught me how to do it, and I'm really really good at it!" There's a little note of pride there. I had been living off of fish I'd caught myself up until my pelt was taken. I can't wait to start doing it again once I get it back. "The ones in shops just aren't right. They taste weird and they don't even wiggle when you bite them!!"

"But I meant what I said before. If we can work together, I'll totally catch you fish, in fact, you can have the ones I was going to give to Ming. But she can't have them anymore because she's horrible like Chastity." I pout...

"Umm... d-did I say something... wrong?" I ask quietly. "B-Before, when I promised the reward?"

- - -

Promising fish

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster, suggestible

"The best fish is the one you catch yourself?" I say, and that sentence seems to hit me more than all the drama because of the misunderstanding. Behind my lips, I run my tongue over my teeth, and my heartbeat, which had been coolly ticking along during all of this, briefly hastens, my eyes opening wide briefly, before going half lidded again. It fades though. Good, I don't want to lose this calm.

I hear her question and nod. "You said you'd 'do' us two at a time. Then you'd show us a good time. And everyone except me has been having sex recently, so people will think about sex rather than fish." I think a bit. "So I guess to Ivy and Ming you were being kind of creepy? I mean, if you offer sex, and they turn it down, and you keep pleading, that's not really good, right? Kind of funny though. Everyone gets way too excited for a simple misunderstanding. Like a TV-show. Should probably take something to calm down so we could all be friends. Maybe even Ryan just needs something to calm down."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey, Creep

".... O-O-Oh.... fuil siorc..." River stared wide eyed at Gary. Another curse word {Shark Blood}

"N-N-No t-that wasn't w-what I meant a-at all...! O-Oh no... what should I-I do?" I chewed my lip, worried. "I-I mean, why would s-she ever think... g-girls don't do that with g-girls... O-O-Ohhh... i-is that why M-Ming smelt o-of Ivy...?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


Jessie: "Of course of course." She smiles, "Well the pills I can give you now of course. I do have to warn you though there have been some side effects in a few rare cases. But I'm sure you'll do fine." Pausing for a moment "As for the money well you'll have to wait, for obvious reasons I don't carry that kind of cash with me. Perhaps I could have it for you by tomorrow...." she trails off. A bell blares loudly in your ear. "Oh looks you'll want to be off for you next lesson. Remember keep a journal of how the pills make you feel Ok? It'd really help our--- err my tests." As she hands you the pills you realise you have a choice Do you go straight to your next class or do you have somewhere else you want to stop off first?

River: Oh, oh. Well look on the bright side at least you've learnt a valuable lesson about what not to say to people. Who could have thought that they could make something so simple as mating be this complicated. Do you think you can patch things up with Ming and Ivy or is it far too late for that now? Still your next lesson is the one where you have to run around a lot and play what do they call it sports... do you enjoy that or would you rather be doing something else?

Gary: Heh, can you believe this? She really has no idea. She's even getting really agitated about it. Or about you. Or about something anyway. Still maybe you can calm her down. Things would be better if everyone was calm and did what they were told wouldn't it? How are you going to calm her down?

Ming: Easier said than done I suppose. But better than working with those idiots. Can you even believe River she's just so... weird. I mean seriously did she just propose an orgy there and then? Still back to business what do you suggest should be your's and ivy's first move to take down Ryan. Why do you think Ivy will object to it?

Ivy That girl is strange. What even was that language she was talking in? Still if she manages to take down Ryan that's great. If not she'll probably at least distract him giving you more time to come up with a permanent solution. Speaking of permenant solutions, your next lesson is Gym class. How are you going to avoid working up a sweat without making a scene?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward, The Most Horribleist Person with a Dirty Mind

I head to the locker room to shower. "I need to clean up before the next class," I tell Ivy. Although it's kinda also because her smell is still on me - not that I mind, but I don't want everyone else in class know what's going on.

As I step into the showers and start the water running, I think of what we could do. "You know Ivy, if humiliating Ryan is the plan...I could fight him. If he lost to me, especially in front of everyone else, they'd probably make fun of him for it." I'm not really happy with that, but if it'll get Ryan to back off and make him a laughingstock then it's worth it.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

I lay down on one of the benches just outside the shower area, still in easy conversation distance of Ming, and say, "I mean, sure, that could work..." I pause. Do I want him out of the way bad enough to risk Ming? I mean, she's like the only person that cares about me. At all. "...but I'm a little worried what would happen if things go wrong. What if he comes after you?"

I let my eyes slip shut as we're talking, a yawn working its way out despite my best efforts. I'm beat. All these people, all this drama... this is way more than I'm used to. I'll just take a quick nap while Ming finishes up and then we can sneak back into class. Or whatever, really, I'm not about to stop cutting class unless she wants to.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 8:32 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 gaze into the abyss = (2+2)+2 = 6

Asking about ways to get Ryan out of the picture, but... Well, marking more XP!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster, suggestible

"Probably it is. Don't worry so much. Just relax. Take a swim maybe. I always take a swim when I'm not calm enough. Or maybe you could have some pills as well. They're really good to stay nice and calm."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey, Creep

"R-Relax... yeah." I sigh, when did this all get so complicated? "Y-Yeah, I'll go for a swim. But later... O-Oh! Gym class! We gotta go! We gotta go!" I grab my bag and start running back towards the school. Stop. Turn. Look back to the locker. Hesitate. Shake my head. I'll come back for it later. I set off again. I really don't want to be late.... again. I actually like this class! I mean, I'm pretty sure there's no making things up with Ming. But I think the deal is still on with Ivy... I mean... I hope it's still on.

I get into the locker room, and fumble with my lock. Glancing left and seeing Ivy just kinda... sleeping? I chew my lip. I'm not sure if I should say something...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Coward, The Most Horribleist Person with a Dirty Mind

I think for a moment while the water runs over me. I already pissed off Jessie, should I risk getting even more people angry at me? But...gently caress it.

"It won't be a problem. I'll make sure I win, and if he wants to come after me afterwards we'll deal with him again."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: Psychopath

I look down at the bottle of pills in my hand. Even in a proper-looking container, they still feel pretty suspicious. Sketchy. A bad idea. Not that it matters. It's not like they'll really be able to hurt me. Just as long as I can get some money out of this, it'll be worth it.

I do an imaginary shrug, then open the bottle and put two of the pills in my mouth. "Yeah, whatever. I'll come back tomorrow."

Then I get up and leave. I head out into the hallway, now a lot less empty than it was when I came here, and I make my way to the locker room and gym class.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

[quote="Shogeton" post="484389416"]
Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Monster, suggestible

"We gotta go? Alright." I say, looking as she gets way too worked up. I get to the school in a casual jog, heading for my next class. Huh... I never did collect my stuff from last class did I?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010


Scene 3

Gary: remove the condition Monster for helping out the weaker River I'm sure your stuff will be fine. I mean it's only like 1/3rd of the school are thieves right? Still that leaves you with a whole lessons worth of physical exertion. Do you enjoy physical sports or are you always scared that you're going to let the beast out if you get too competitive?

Jessie: Somewhat disappointingly you don't feel any different after taking the pills. After all that build up you half expected to start seeing pink unicorns or something. Still as you push your way into the locker room. You don't see any sign of Gary, Shame after you had so much fun playing with him earlier... Still Ryan and his cronies are taking their time getting changed. What do you overhear them talking about and why does it interest you?

Ming: remove the condition coward for being willing to fight. As you shower and clean yourself you hear someone else step into the shower room. At first you think it might be Ivy or River, but no it's Sumati. Your old friend or ex-friend more like given her sudden puritan change. You almost expect her to confront you but she just walks past you with a thousand yard stare like she doesn't even register you're there and switches on a shower and begins cleaning herself mechanically. What do you do?

Ivy As you lay back shifting uncomfortably on the hard wood of the bench you close your eyes for just a few moments. You rack your brain trying to think of some way to get Ryan off your back Maybe Mings plan of embarrassing him could work. But it won't be enough will it. Embarrassment won't stop him. He's too self-centred on what he wants. No you need to publicly destroy him. Break him. It's him or you and you're not going to fade into the background on this. enter your darkest self What do you think Ryan values most and how are you going to take it from him?

River: Hmm, Ivy just laid there, helpless vulnerable, weak, You could take advantage of that to get some sort of vengeance on her. On the other hand he locker stands half-open behind her. If you were quiet enough you could sneak past her and search it. Perhaps your pelt is in there or something precious to her you could steal in exchange for it. What do you do?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gary Reynolds

Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: suggestible

Yeah, it'll be fine. I start wandering towards the locker room. It's sports. Normally I'm a bit worried. Some of the sports make me angry when I'm not so nice and calm. Football is a bad one for me. Running I can only do if I'm on my own, because if someone is running in front of me I feel the need to tackle them down. Dodgeball makes me want to punch people who target me. But I like swimming. And I like athletics like long jump or high jump or tossing things. It lets me focus on something physical without someone else. I used to be on the swimming team in my old school till I got expelled. In the water, that inner part of me that's now so quiet is a lot less confident and loud. I wish this school would have a swim team. There's a tinge of sadness there, but it fades out. Hope the medicine isn't starting to lose its potency there.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: The Most Horribleist Person with a Dirty Mind

"Oh great" is what I think, before Sumati just walks right by me. Uh, what the gently caress? Well, honestly I should just consider myself lucky and leave.

And yet...

poo poo. I walk over behind her, trying to figure out what to say.

"Sumati? You okay?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+3 Turn On Sumati = (1+5)+3 = 9
Includes +1 forward from Lucky I Guess
Self/Promise/String/Embarrassed

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey, Creep

No...! I couldn't do that...! I'm not going to sink to her level. I'm not a creep! No matter what Ming thinks!

I look at Ivy nervously, I don't want to give her any reason to not give me my pelt back. I definitely don't want to get close enough to her to breath in her... musk.

"...I-Ivy...? ...Ivy...! You can't s-sleep here! W-Wake up!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Darkest Self!

My eyes slide open after a moment and I know what needs to be done. Ryan needs to get out of my way. Permanently. Now the how is still a bit of a mystery. Gary is probably the best bet, if I can catch him when he's not drugged to the gills, but he's... probably less sympathetic to me than others. Maybe I can use River. She wants this done as much as me and, if I'm not wrong, Gary was creeping on her earlier. Use her to plant the seed, let Gary do his thing... Yeah. This could work. This could definitely work. He can't be the star quarterback if Gary snaps his arm like a twig. Now I just need to find Riv-

Her voice, as if the world is responding to my wishes, echoes through the empty locker room. A smile comes across my lips at that. This could work. This would work.

I slide to my feet, my jacket slipping off me and onto the floor as I walk towards her, and I say, "River... couldn't stay away, huh?" I'm close, now, close enough that I can smell the subtle tang of salt that seems to follow her everywhere. I look her up and down, noticing how she must have been watching me. What a perv... but I can use that. I say, "You don't need to creep on me when I'm catching a little shut-eye, you know, you can just ask. I don't bite."

I say, "Hey. I know we decided on this Ryan thing, but I have a better idea: you can get your pelt back if you talk Gary into breaking Ryan in half. Or at least snapping an arm." I meet her eyes, my expression ripe with suggestion, my clothes just off-kilter enough to give her a prime view of what could be. "Maybe even a little more than just your pelt... if you want, that is."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:50 PM
@Tricky: 2d6-1 Turn On River = (4+6)-1 = 9 + 1 (Creep) = 10

String, plus Self/Promise/Awkward.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey, Creep

"I-I'm not a c-creep...!" I start saying, but Ivy's acting weird. Really weird. I start to back away as she approaches but find myself pressed against the cold metal of the lockers. Yet she's still coming. With... that smell... "No, I-" She announces her plan, she's almost on top of me, I'm feeling so hot that I'm panting. But that's just making that smell hit me harder.

"....I-I...." My legs quiver, she can probably she how hard I'm blushing. I look away, trying to get some measure of control. I want to tell her no...

....But I want her....

That confuses me, unbalances me, I'm not ready for that feeling, it's alien and scary, and- oh god I'm so w-

"I-Ivy, I-" why couldn't I get words out? I wanted to tell her that I wasn't going to do it. But she was mesmerising, and I wanted to know what she meant by "more" then just my pelt.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Darkest Self!

I can see that I've got her. Hook, line, sinker. But why not really give her a taste? Just the slightest hint. Wrapping myself around her, I draw her into a deep kiss. I trace a finger across her curves, just a bit, and then pull back away from her. I say, "You can have all that..." My voice drops to a sultry whisper as I take her hand, pressing it against my chest. "...and more. If you do what I asked."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Prey, Creep

Her tongue meets mine, and I see stars. I drown in the scent, it's impossible to escape from~! My hand squeezes her chest, even as she teases me. I'm melting.

She breaks the kiss and I fall to my knees before her. I can't even hear my agreement to her plan. All I can hear is my heart pounding, my shuddering breaths, my groans of arousal.

"Y-Yes... m-more...~! I-I'll do it...~!" I pant, defenceless to her supernatural charm.

- - -

Given the nature of Ivy's aphrodisiac sweat + how forward she's being, selecting
- Give myself to you
- Promise something I think you want.

And in reply

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:52 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d6+2 Turn On Ivy = (1+5)+2 = 8

String or Self/Promise/Awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
XP: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Warned

Darkest Self!

God drat. I'm feeling like a queen here, what with the way she's worshipping the ground I walk on. I'm getting a little flushed just thinking of everything I can have her do for me. I'm sure she'll enjoy every moment of it. Still... as much as I want to take her, right here and now, I need this Ryan thing done. Permanently. I hold out a hand for her to pull herself up with and say, "An excellent choice. I am going to make you so happy... once you help me take care of Ryan. Why put it off, though? Why not find Gary right now and have him do it? I believe in you... and I know how much you want this."

Seriously. It's a wonder she's not pawing at herself already, even though we're in a locker room where god only knows who'll show up.

Giving River a string and she has officially made a promise! Marked on the sheet.

  • Locked thread