Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011


A: Miramie should direct Chuubo to take the tank towards a door leading back to the library.

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


A XX
B
C

Chapter 2
Scene 5


After only a short journey they arrive at a door, standing by itself in the middle of a grey expanse.

Puzzled, Chuubo jumps out of the tank and walks around it a few times, as Miramie tries to keep her balance on his shoulders.

"Just open it up and step through!"

"But it doesn't lead anywhere."

"Just do it!"

Chuubo shrugs (Miramie almost falls) and twists the doorknob. The door opens and he's surprised to find the inside of the libary behind it.

"This isn't a normal door, is it?"

Miramie manages to stay calm.

"WALK THROUGH."

Leonardo suddenly springs to life. "Hold on!" He staggers out of the vehicle. "Firstly, we're not going to follow the whims of whatever wailing waith- I mean wraith, wraith that shows up, secondly we're not going to just abandon my great invention after all the effort I put into constructing it!"

Miramie scowls. "Shut up Leonardo! Wishing Boy, step through!"

Chuubo looks puzzled. "Huh? Who's the Wishing Boy?"

"YOU ARE!"

Leonardo blinks. "Hey- I know you! Y-"

Chuubo steps through the door (taking Miramie with him) and it starts to swing shut.

"You can't interrupt my revelations!" Forgetting the tank, Leonardo rushes after them.


Inside, they're surrounded by shelves and the smell of dust and paper. It's reassuringly mundane to Chuubo, but the other two just keep on arguing.

"I know you! You're Melanie Malakh! I was there when you graduated!"

"NO, I'm Miramie Mesmer. You're just stupid."

"Bah, why should I be concerned about such trivialities! My genius is beyond all-"

"Blah, blah, blah. Wishing Boy-"

"I'm Chuubo."

Chuubo. "Chuubo, just wait a moment."

Miramie's dream-self hurries back to her real body, lying on the bed upstairs and embeds herself inside. She raises herself from the bed and finds her form to be frustratingly slow.

Better rejoin those two quickly, they do get themselves into trouble easily.



By the time she finds them in the 'Architecture' section, Leonardo's trying to work out how to dismantle the tank and bring it through the door, while Chuubo has grabbed a book from a nearby shelf and is lost in its pages (not literally).

She motions for him to be silent, takes him by the hand, and leads him up to the Hidden Room. He manages to stay quiet until they step through the door.

"Do you know that other girl?"

"Other...you can't recognise me without my mask??"

"Well, I wasn't sure if it was you. You're also that girl who keeps showing up in my dreams, right?"

She hesitates. Somewhere inside him, there's that precious shard of glass that surely has some part of Melanie Malakh encoded in it. She's itching to try and get hold of it.

A: Miramie denies it. She needs to find a way to trick him into letting her have that shard of glass.
B: Miramie confirms it. She needs to work with him to find a way to extract that shard of glass.
C: Miramie cuts to the chase and unmakes a section of Chuubo so she can try and drag the shard loose. (World-Breaker's Hand, spend 2 MP)
D: Miramie evades the question and offers to show him her Stone Dragon sculpture. It might remind him of something.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


B

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011


B > A > C

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


A
B XX
C
D

It's a strain, but Miramie can't see that she can avoid telling him the truth.

"Wellll, yes, I am. You see, a long time ago, the Professor who lives here helped me make a Glass Dragon. I think... It was meant to be a weapon, or a monster, or something similar. But, it, er, broke, and the shards of glass flew everywhere. One ended up inside you... And I think that it's the largest of all the pieces."

Chuubo rubs his chest nervously.

"And, you see, when the dragon broke, I, well, lost myself. I'm only a fraction of the person I used to be. I was hoping that if I could get that shard back, it might help. I first saw it when I walked into your dreams. It seemed like an accident at first, but now I think that it might have been drawing me towards you."

Miramie wrings her hands nervously.

"Anyway, I really want to try and look at it at least. I think that it's not just a shard of glass. I think it's something miraculous. Please, help me."

Phew, I feel lighter now.

(Miramie is now Innocent and OK. Miramie gains 1 Quest XP for 'Art Shop and Garden'!
Chuubo gains 5 Quest XP for 'Haunted' as a result of identifying the power that is haunting him!)

Unsettled, Chuubo finds it hard to meet her eyes, and looks everywhere else instead. He seems to be in a bedroom, high up in the library. Light is beaming in through an elaborate window. On shelves and tables are various pieces of art and knickknacks. A blue curtain conceals something inside an alcove. Strange images float through the air inside swirls of smoke.

Hmm. This place feels like...home.

Relaxing, he meets Miramie's gaze. The small hat she's wearing looks somewhat incongruous when she hasn't got her mask over her face. He wasn't sure what to think of her before, but now she looks frightened and desperate.

"Yes, of course I'll help. I know you're right about the shard, Edric Sosunov could see it too."

Delighted, Miramie grabs his hands, then thinks better of it, and hurriedly releases him.

(Chuubo gains 1 bonus XP for a 'Slice of Life'! Miramie gains 1 bonus XP for sharing the moment!)

What should they do?

A: Go visit the Sosunov shrine.
B: Activate the Wish-Granting Engine and wish the shard loose. (Wishing, one use per chapter)
C: Ask Leonardo to construct a machine to extract the shard.
D: Try and persuade the professor to tell them something about the Glass Dragon.

Wishes granted by the engine have a tendency to go wrong. The more closely they're tied to the PCs' feelings about Chuubo (as depicted on the Wishing Map in the opening post, now updated), the more likely it is that they'll turn out as intended.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


D, B

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No need to sign, we'll take care of that.


Lipstick Apathy

A

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011


A > C > D

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


A XX
B
C
D X

Chuubo and Miramie walk through the streets of Fortitude, and arrive at the Sosunov shrine. Miramie approaches one of the family, sweeping up some Outside Dust.

Chuubo doesn't follow the ensuing conversation. It involves gesturing at him, and talk of 'alien influences' and 'possible breaches of self'.

More of the family gather (including Edric), and Chuubo spends the next few days undergoing elaborate examinations, and being the subject of scrying rituals, while Miramie has discussions and arguments with the family.

(Miramie gains 1 Bonus XP for a 'Shared Action'!)
(Chuubo gains 5 Quest XP for 'Haunted' as a result of finding someone in Fortitude who can help him!)

(Chuubo regains 1 MP at the end of the chapter!)
(All characters regain all their Will at the end of the chapter!)

Checking the rules, Miramie is an exception to the rule about regaining MP at the ends of chapters. So, she shouldn't have regained 1 MP at the end of last chapter, but on the other hand she should have regained 1 MP for picking up a point of Sickness.

Her wound now heals, and she's able to sleep again!


Edited opening post. Added Jasper's character sheet, updated other character sheets, revised 'Key Points'.


Chapter 3
Scene 1


The Sosunovs gather together in the main room of the shrine, and take their positions for a great ritual. Chuubo stands in the centre, while Miramie lurks on the periphery, casting paranoid glances at the magicians.

(Miramie is now Suspicious and OK. Miramie gains 1 Quest XP for 'Art Shop and Garden'!)

As the Sosunovs cast their spell, it seems that Chuubo becomes an Chuubo-shaped opening into a world filled with golden clouds. From out of those clouds, a glowing piece of glass appears. As everyone stares at it, the perspective changes, zooming in on the shard rapidly.

Close-up, the glass is irregularly shaped, with tiny cracks running through it. Chuubo seems to expand and for a moment, the shard is larger than the shrine itself. It can be seen that it contains a Glass Labyrinth, with specks of movement inside.

The image fades, and Chuubo reappears, looking confused.

The Sosunovs talk in whispers, then cast another spell. The Glass Labyrinth reappears, but it's completely separate from Chuubo. There's an opening leading inside. The glass vanishes again, but the opening remains, hanging in the air, its edges fading into incorporeality.

One of the Sosunovs turns to Miramie.

"You may be able to find the answers you seek if you search inside. Edric should go as well, someone with his education is essential."

"Isn't the glass out of him now?"

"No, it's still inside, but it's not a physical object. It doesn't have to exist in a single discreet location."

I'm not sure I trust these people, but if one of them is with us, they'll have to keep the gateway open.

"And I'm coming too!"

"Chuubo, you can't go into something that's inside your own dreams."

"Isn't that what I do when I'm asleep?"

"The boy is correct. There's no reason why he can't accompany you."

Miramie sighs, and hurries into the opening, followed by Chuubo and a nervous looking Edric Sosunov.

Inside, the walls are distorted glass, filled with strange, indistinct images. There's a distant roaring. Twisty little passages lead in all directions, but behind them, there remains a path back to the shrine.

What should Miramie do?

A: Take Chuubo and run off into the labyrinth, leaving Edric behind. (Spend 2 Will with Grace 2)
B: Examine the images trapped in the walls. (Spend 1 Will, with Alertness 1)
C: Follow the sound of the roaring.
D: Attempt to reach the centre of the labyrinth.


Meanwhile...

Inside the library, Leonardo De Montreal searches through section after section of books, looking for the tomes of occult knowledge that he's certain have to be here somewhere. He's concerned that the Outside is coming, and coming in force. If he can discover the key principles of the Outside motion, he might be able to turn it back.

He's removed the components of the tank to his residence in Fortitude. Perhaps he should go back to the lab and-

"Hey Monty!"

Leonardo's head snaps around and he sees Jasper Irinka, the Child of the Sun, smiling at him radiantly. Her hair is red and long, and she's dressed in her casual clothes.

"I had a hard time finding you Monty. ALVIN told me you were in Fortitude, but I had to look everywhere to find you here."

"Don't call me Monty!"

"It's a wonderful day outside. Want to go bicycle riding?"

"Begone, tempter!"

Not losing her composure, Jasper runs her finger along one of the shelves.

"Perhaps we could give this place a dusting?"

Leonardo exhales, and tries to think of a constructive response.

Z: Leonardo should go back to his lab and try to build something to ensure that people can only bother him when he has business with them.
Y: Leonardo should try and ignore Jasper and go find the owner of the library to ask where the Occult section is.
X: Leonardo should dust the library with Jasper and return to research after he's placated her.
W: Actually, he hasn't seen her for while, so perhaps he should take her to his lab and check that she's still healthy.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


B Y>X>W>Z

Toughy fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2018 around 18:24

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No need to sign, we'll take care of that.


Lipstick Apathy

A Y

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars




B
X (W)

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011


B > A
X > W

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


(It looks like we're heading towards a dead-lock on the second decision here. Could everyone please give a full account of their preferences on the second vote?)

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


Twiler posted:

(It looks like we're heading towards a dead-lock on the second decision here. Could everyone please give a full account of their preferences on the second vote?)

Edited mine

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


A X
B XXX
C
D

Z
Y XX
X XX
W

Applying secondary votes:

Z
Y XX
X XXX
W XX

Miramie stares deep inside the walls. It takes her a little while to grasp what she's seeing.

Within the glass there are images of Melanie Malakh and Professor Hideo crafting the Glass Dragon. They seem to be from the perspective of the dragon itself, witnessing its body taking shape.

And then, from its perspective, looking down at Fortitude.

And then, a black void.

I expected to find my own memories, but these are the dragon's memories. It looks like it never knew what made it break. I wonder if anyone in Fortitude saw what happened?

(Miramie gains 1 Bonus XP for a 'Discovery'!)
(Miramie gains 1 point of Mystery!)
(Miramie regains 1 MP for gaining her first point of Mystery!)

Edric closes his eyes and begins to mutter.

Left to his own devices, Chuubo looks around and rubs his chest.

I'm in me somewhere. What happens to me when something happens in here?

What should Chuubo do?

A: Dream up a hammer and chisel and break a Glass Splinter off one of the walls. (Dreams Made Flesh, one free use per chapter)
B: Try and work out what Edric's doing.
C: Look down the passages of the labyrinth, see if he can spot something interesting from here.


Meanwhile...

Leonardo De Montreal turns his mighty intellect to the subject of dusting. His mind scrutinizes the different possibilities that exist in the unborn futures ahead.

"All right, the first step is- finding equipment with which to dust!"

"Hmm, yes, how shall we do that?"

Z: Leonardo should head to his Fortitude residence and construct the Unstoppable Dust Devourer! (Spend 4 Will, with Nightmare Science 2)
Y: Jasper should conduct a search of all available cupboards nearby, expanding the radius until cleaning supplies are found. (Spend 2 Will)
X: Jasper and Leonardo should search around until they find someone who can simply tell them where the cleaning supplies are stored.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars




C > B
Z > X

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011


A > C
X > Y

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


B>A>C

X>Z>Y

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No need to sign, we'll take care of that.


Lipstick Apathy

A
X

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

BC
Y

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


A XX
B XX
C X

(Applying secondary votes results in further dead-locks, so I'll combine A and B.)

Z X
Y X
X XXX


Chuubo creeps over to Edric and peers at him. He's swaying back and forth, seemingly unaware of everything around his body.

Seemingly. He abruptly opens his eyes.

"Could you step back a bit? You're ruining my concentration."

"Oh, sorry."

Edric resumes his stance.

Miramie doesn't seem to be paying attention to Chuubo either. He turns and looks into the depths of the glass.

Hmm...

A hammer and chisel, like that pair in the workshop...

Chuubo pulls the tools out of his dreams. He carefully sets the point of the chisel in one of the nearby walls, and gives it a measured whack. There's a ringing noise, and he feels a strange pulsing sensation inside him. He hesitates, but as Miramie and Edric look around, he strikes again, knocking loose a Glass Splinter.

(Chuubo spends 2 Will!)
(Chuubo regains 1 Will for completing the task!)
(Sorry, I only realised afterwards that he'd need to spend some Will.)

Once again, there's a ringing and a pulsing. The latter fades away, but the former intensifies, and -

Something starts to approach from distant passageways. Through the walls they can see a wild flashing. The once distant roaring is approaching rapidly.

Chuubo stuffs the Glass Splinter into his pocket, and considers his next move.

A: Grab Miramie and Edric and retreat back into the shrine.
B: Gradually induce peace in the surroundings. (Peaceful)
C: Smile radiantly. (Spend 2 Will, with Good Smile 2)


Meanwhile...

Jasper and Leonardo find Sakura Anastasia Kuga amidst the nearby astrology section, trying to find more information about the Great Bear.

She looks up as they approach, and gapes.

"The Child of the Sun! Oh great protector, how may I be of service?"

After a brief discussion, she's able to point them in the direction of the cleaning cupboard, where they find some dusting cloths.

Leonardo De Montreal considers how he will face this task.

Z: Dust in a conventional manner. (Spend 4 Will, with Domestic Tasks -1)
Y: Pretend to dust while Jasper does the actual work.
X: Perform the perfect motions of a heartless being in shadow. (Heartless Perfection, spend 1 MP)


Going forward, I'm going to start awarding the PCs 'Emotion XP'. If any of the replies I get pick out a particular moment from my post with a character that seems like it should provoke a reaction from the world representing their XP emotion (i.e. if Chuubo is acting in a manner that should induce face-palming), they can get a bonus XP. They can each get this bonus once per scene.

Our current characters have the following XP emotions:

Chuubo - Face-Palming
Miramie - Comfort
Leonardo De Montreal - Speechlessness
Jasper Irinka - Gratitude

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


B>C>A

X>Y>Z

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars




B > C
X > Z

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011


C > B
X > Z

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


A
B XX
C X

Z
Y
X XXX

"Go close all the windows Jasper."

"Oh, you're going to do that thing? But I thought-"

"That was your first mistake. Just do it."


Leonardo De Montreal stretches out his arms and feels the comforting shadows around him. He begins to move with absolute precision. Whipping his cloth back and forth, he expertly manipulates air currents. With each motion he makes, dust is ripped from surfaces and funnelled into the bag he holds.

And so he proceeds, walking around the library, Jasper hurrying ahead of him to close out every little ray of light.

Kiri Sato witnesses these events and decides that it's time to go for a walk in the park.

Danny Kortov scuttles from one section to another, avoiding Leonardo as best he can.

Time passes.

His job almost complete, he pauses.

Perhaps I should have been paying attention to the sections as I walked. Curse it, I might have found the Occult portion of the Archive!

Hold on.

Leonardo tries to map the building in his head.

A lot of the doors on the upper floors just lead into the Outside... But I'm sure there's another room up there I haven't checked.

A methodical examination of the premises later, he discovers the Hidden Room!

(Miramie Mesmer gains 5 Quest XP for 'The Hidden Room' as a result of someone stumbling across it!)
(Leonardo De Montreal gains 5 Quest XP for 'The Hidden Library' as a result of him entering the Archive's upper floors!)

Leonardo De Montreal looks around in confusion. Jasper gently pushes him out of the way.

"What's this you've found?"

He frowns.

There's something in the air...

He steps over the window, and gasps. When he looks out, he sees not the familiar setting of Fortitude, but the alien landscape of the Outside.

Light from the Outside pouring in constantly? That can't be good.

(Leonardo De Montreal gains 1 bonus XP for a 'Shared Action'!)
(Jasper Irinka gains 1 bonus XP for sharing the moment!)


Meanwhile...


Chuubo eases the tension in the air, and slows the beating of his heart. (He's never seen his insides, but he presumes that he has a heart, along with the usual set of organs.)

Peace starts to spread through the area.

Glowing shapes spill out through one of the openings leading out of the room. Confusingly, they seem to fit inside the room, while simultaneously being much too big for it. Closer, they can be seen to be dragons of some kind, their bodies composed of light. They seem to calm, and start to flow around the walls in what almost seems like a dance. Edric's mouth is hanging open and Chuubo feels his (probable) heart warm.

(Chuubo gains 1 Quest XP for 'Precious Memories'!)

The dragons initiate some type of soundless communication.

--Enemies? Friends?--

--Friends.-- Chuubo responds hurriedly.


A: Chuubo shifts into his dragon form (he's pretty sure he has one), planning to commune with these creatures. (Kaiju Form, spend 2 MP)
B: Chuubo requests that they lead him and his allies to the centre of the Glass Labyrinth.
C: Chuubo invites them to come and visit Fortitude.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars




B > C

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!



same

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No need to sign, we'll take care of that.


Lipstick Apathy

C

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011


B > C

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


A
B XXX
C X


--Understood.--

The dragons flow back into the depths. Chuubo, Miramie and Edric follow them warily.


Chapter 3
Scene 2



After a long walk they arrive at the entrance of a large room. The dragons pause outside.

--This place is dangerous. We will not enter.--

Nervously, Chuubo pokes his head through the gateway. Inside, a minature storm hangs in the air, surrounded by mirrored walls. Discharges of energy continously spark from the cloud down into the floor.

"Hmm. Perhaps we should be... careful?"

Miramie quickly darts into the room and out again.

Is that thing dangerous to us, or just the dragons?

Chuubo tries to focus his thoughts, and gestures in its direction.

Huh. Too noisy to calm it easily.

A: Have Chuubo trigger a 'Peace-Splosion' to quiet the storm. (Peace-Splosion, one free use per book)
B: Have Miramie unmake the storm. (World-Breaker's Hand, one free use per chapter)
C: Chuubo and Miramie should just walk in and retreat if things get dangerous.
D: Miramie should project herself back to the Archive and find a relevant book about Glass Magic. (A Waking Dream, spend 1 MP, spend 1 Will with Connection: Archive 1)


Meanwhile...

Inside the Hidden Room, Leonardo is making measurements with his Outside-Measuring Caliper.

It looks like this room is both inside Fortitude and the Outside. An overlap.

(Leonardo De Montreal gains 1 Quest XP for 'Natural Scientist'!)

Jasper clears her throat. "So, Monty, what's your plan here?"

"The Outside is raging. I believe that it's going to sweep in and engulf Town, starting with Fortitude. Hopefully, by examining phenomena such as this, I can gain an understanding of the interactions between Outside entities and prosaic entities, and either eliminate the cause of the shifts in the climate, or establish a barrier to dam the flood."

Good, he's talking to me properly.

He waves his arm around.

"This place seems like the natural place to find additional data. I've been trying to find some grimoires, but I keep getting distracted by other concerns."

(Leonardo De Montreal gains 1 Quest XP for 'The Outside Stirs'!)

Jasper feels Leonardo's radiated hopes settling into her body. Her cells seethe with meta-genetic potential, seeking to realise his aspirations. They only require her to give them direction.

She's not completely sure what sort of debt she owes to Leonardo, but irregardless of that she regards him as a friend, and she knows that giving of oneself to help a friend is a noble thing. Whatever she might be lacking in her knowledge of the prosaic world, she's got that fact firmly fixed in her mind.

Besides, it's her job as a goddess to answer prayers, (and similar things) as best she can. Starting with someone like Leonardo will be wise, as he's less likely to freak out when witnessing her transformation(s).

Z: Grow the Outside Turning Arm, a limb to repel the things of the Outside! (Connect To Someone, convert 1 Divine Health Level)
Y: Grow the Efficient Research Tendril, a limb to aid in the process of researching topics! (Connect To Someone, convert 1 Tough Health Level)
X: Grow the Outside Sensitive Retinas, augmenting her vision to perceive the motions of the Outside! (Connect To Someone, convert 1 Normal Health Level)
W: Grow the Blessed Silence Bubble, a sphere of quiet around her body! (Connect To Someone, convert 1 Normal Health Level)
V: Hold on to Leonardo's hopes for the moment but don't process them into anything else.

Divine > Tough > Normal

Jasper can potentially undo these changes and regain Health Levels at a later time.

Twiler fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2018 around 17:30

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011


A > C
Y > X

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


Backstory!

Leonardo stares at his own, bloody, pulsing heart. To one such as him, self-surgery is a simple endeavour. He sneers at the foolishness of those who feel compelled to sleep through the experience of having one's body cut.

His eyes flick to the specially prepared receptacle. Time to see if this works.

As he works, it occurs to him that he should probably do something about the gaping hole in his chest. When he's ensured the tissues are in a stable condition, he takes a needle and thread and sews himself up.

A new star shall rise this day.

He inspects his new machine. The Abhorrent Sun-Sustaining Superconductor shall ensure that the sudden death of the old Sun will not result in the death of his community. The beating of his own heart shall act as the driving force behind the nuclear fusion.

He flips the switch on top, and-


Scroll up for choices.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars




D > B > C
X > W > V

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


dont be mean to me posted:

D > B > C
X > W > V


looks good!

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


A X
B
C
D XX

Z
Y X
X XX
W
V

Jasper triggers the growth of a new system of cells behind her irises. Her vision blurs for a moment, and her eyes become iridescent.

Looking about the room, she can now perceive a bright glow of Outside particles. She looks at Leonardo De Montreal, and yelps.

He turns to look at her. "What's wrong?"

She stares at him. He's filled with the Outside. It's wearing him like a set of clothes, animating him, driving him.

"Monty, what's happened to you?"

"Don't- What are you talking about?"

(Jasper Irinka gains 1 Bonus XP for 'Shock'!)
(Jasper Irinka gains 1 point of 'Over Your Head'!)


Meanwhile...

Miramie lets her body's hold on her spirit diminish, and concentrates on her connection to the Archive. She pulls on it like a rope, and she hurtles through space into its architecture. She extends her perceptions through its matter, searching.

...There.

She lets her mind permutate the book she's found, and slowly dredges through its contents.

'Glass Magic is the principle of waking the glass', yadda yadda, 'give voice to the song', blah blah... Ah. 'The creator instils the final product with some part of their nature, supplying a driving force.' So... Could that 'storm' be the remnant of the 'driving force'? Hold on... 'If the product is broken down, the original purpose will be lost, and the remaining 'charge' will act unpredictably'.

Hmm. What should I do? That storm might be part of my former self, but is it safe for me to get near it?

And where did those dragons come from? I can't see anything in here that explains them.


(Miramie regains 1 Will for completing the task successfully!)

A: Miramie should return to her body and try walking into the storm.
B: Miramie should float around the Archive in the hopes of finding Leonardo De Montreal. He's likely to be here somewhere, and he might have an invention that can help.
C: Miramie should return to her body and interrogate the dragons about who they are and why they're there.
D: Miramie should return to her body, cast a spell to assume the appearance of Melanie Malakh, and search the room while remaining (hopefully) safe. (Spend 2 Will, with Changeling 2)

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!


C

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010


Continued!

Jasper Irinka is walking through Old Molder when she hears a loud clicking noise. It seems to be coming from a nearby building, a warehouse. Curious, she peers inside. A boy with purple hair and some sort of white uniform is glaring at some sort of weird machine. Hearing her, he spins around and she's disconcerted to see that his hands are smeared with blood.

"It worked!" he crows. "A new star is born!"

He rushes up to Jasper and peers into her eyes.

"Feeling okay? A retroactive insertion in to reality can be jarring. Just try not to ask too many questions and you should be fine."

"Excuse me... But what are you talking about?"

He explains, but she's not sure she follows any of it.

Scroll up for choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars




  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply