Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

for what it's worth this is the sort of thing that has royally pissed off michigan residents.

then again this is before the state went full-on CHUD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They just built a huge plant here in SC too but totally ignoring both the modest river of the town they located in and the significant river in my town on the other side of the county, to focus 100% on the already failing aquifer. It's like they're going out of the way to be more destructive than neccessary.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Goodbye Kelly

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/991049860341207041?s=19

Also get hosed

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the man can't even hire a decent Wormtongue

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

shame on an IGA posted:

the man can't even hire a decent Wormtongue

wormtounge is Miller

I don't know what Kelly is

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Kelly is the church lady. He was imposed on Donald rather than selected by Donald

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Victor Vermis posted:

I've had zero issues with their network in The Good Land.

As in Milwuakee or Wisconsin overall? When I tried one of their sims a few years ago it was godawful.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Smiling Jack posted:

wormtounge is Miller

I don't know what Kelly is

Davos Seaworth from GoT.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Feel like wasting time?

Browse this channel at your leisure https://twitter.com/FloorCharts

https://twitter.com/FloorCharts/status/989892535484108800

https://twitter.com/exjon/status/984121507004628994

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

They just built a huge plant here in SC too but totally ignoring both the modest river of the town they located in and the significant river in my town on the other side of the county, to focus 100% on the already failing aquifer. It's like they're going out of the way to be more destructive than neccessary.

The invisible hand of the free market has decided that Nestle has more need of that water than people, so that Nestle can sell it to people. It's just simple economics. Geez you silly liberals just don't understand anything.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

For those of you wishing to know more about our lord and savior SS-18 Satan, the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists just published a pretty in depth article on the Russian nuclear forces: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00963402.2018.1462912

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Nestle are just a cartoonishly malevolent company.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Nestle are just a cartoonishly malevolent company.

You are not even slightly kidding. Google around for South African mothers and Nestle. tl;dr Nestle knew the area was in extreme poverty and did not have consistent access to clean water. They did shady poo poo like having sales reps dress as nurses, literature campaigns at hospitals/midwife centers touting the health benefits of formula and the like to push up the rate at which mothers used baby formula over breastmilk. Even going so far as giving new mothers a supply of free formula. Then when they stopped producing breastmilk they had to buy formula or watch their children starve to death. Horror stories of mothers diluting the formula and trying to ration it as their newborns slowly starved. Even if they managed to scrape together the money to buy it, their newborns would get sick and die from lack of clean water to put into the formula. Nestle gave zero fucks.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
At least my portfolio looks good!!!!!!!!! I don't give a drat, they get results!!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

You are not even slightly kidding. Google around for South African mothers and Nestle. tl;dr Nestle knew the area was in extreme poverty and did not have consistent access to clean water. They did shady poo poo like having sales reps dress as nurses, literature campaigns at hospitals/midwife centers touting the health benefits of formula and the like to push up the rate at which mothers used baby formula over breastmilk. Even going so far as giving new mothers a supply of free formula. Then when they stopped producing breastmilk they had to buy formula or watch their children starve to death. Horror stories of mothers diluting the formula and trying to ration it as their newborns slowly starved. Even if they managed to scrape together the money to buy it, their newborns would get sick and die from lack of clean water to put into the formula. Nestle gave zero fucks.

Feed them (Nestle) to the guillotine, literally.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bird food bathtub posted:

That's what I was talking about, yeah.

:thermidor:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
I went to college with one of the heirs to the Nestle fortune. Dude was a typical rich Euro trash rear end in a top hat who had a weekly allowance of $5000, but decided he wanted to be an RA. You know, instead someone who actually needed the subsidized housing.

e: Also you must suck pretty badly to be that rich and wind up at a safety school for Georgetown.

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 30, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

psydude posted:

I went to college with one of the heirs to the Nestle fortune. Dude was a typical rich Euro trash rear end in a top hat who had a weekly allowance of $5000, but decided he wanted to be an RA. You know, instead someone who actually needed the subsidized housing.

You dont get rich by spending money. Plus I'm assuming he did it to be closer to the pussy as a rebound man.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
"Meltdown May" has begun early this year boys (and girls)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/991084424992296962

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/991087278515769345

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/991090373417152515

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m the capitalization of Energy and Stamina

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Looks like Iran has the bullseye now

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/991088055497961472

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I don’t buy Nestle products and haven’t for a while. I see they haven’t changed much.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh Good I thought I missed out on my chance to be on the ground floor of a Middle East invasion force.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The stuff Israel was using as evidence was from 2011. I didn’t pay much attention while the buildup to Iraq was going on but it was built on this type of bullshit right?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Donny, the orange wig is the one that gives you Unlimited Stamina. The blonde one you're wearing just makes you insufferable. He's not very good at Metal Gear.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Was trying to find out what was going on in Israel at the moment and found this instead:

China shuts down Player Unknown cheat code gang

:aslol:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Know why Doctor Ronny isn't really coming back?

Mike Pence knows.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/991088007984934915

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

DoktorLoken posted:

As in Milwuakee or Wisconsin overall? When I tried one of their sims a few years ago it was godawful.

Milwaukee since 2012 or so. 90% of my time spent within a mile of Riverwest.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is it Infrastructure Week yet? Somebody needs to infrastructure up a new thread in the next few hours.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Know why Doctor Ronny isn't really coming back?

Mike Pence knows.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/991088007984934915

If he hosed with Mother he is very, very lucky to be alive

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Soulex posted:

I don’t buy Nestle products and haven’t for a while. I see they haven’t changed much.

Me either and it's fairly challenging.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So no more hot pockets or power bars for me.

I got this.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't really know anything about this migrant caravan other then it exists, but was there no one involved who said "maybe camping out at the US/Mexico border expecting to get in might not be the best idea in the current political climate"?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm...not a patron of Nestle?

Wow.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

If he hosed with Mother he is very, very lucky to be alive

Michael Pence
Michael Richard Pence
President Michael Richard Pence YOU LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

I don't really know anything about this migrant caravan other then it exists, but was there no one involved who said "maybe camping out at the US/Mexico border expecting to get in might not be the best idea in the current political climate"?

Oh no how will we deal with all 150 of the migrants??!!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

LingcodKilla posted:

drones

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamnit. Frank eats Purina. Pro Plan Savor weight management. And a slice of bologna with each meal.

I hate to contribute to a pile of poo poo corporation, but Frank has good poops and perfect lab panels. That's a difficult thing to accomplish with a lot of other dog foods.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Actually surprised Trump didn't let them cross and then have ICE instantly deport all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
NY Times has the list of questions Mueller wants to ask Trump. Dozens.

• Locked thread