Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Imagine booing a nice young man like Joe Parker smh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Joshua's ring walk is starting which means the fight should start in 20 minutes or so

17 minutes, close.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okay quickly, what's the stupidest, most self-destructive and self-sabotaging finish for boxing as a whole for this match?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Joshua's ring walk is starting which means the fight should start in 20 minutes or so

You weren't far off

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Okay quickly, what's the stupidest, most self-destructive and self-sabotaging finish for boxing as a whole for this match?

Parker to kick Joshua's rear end for 12 rounds, it go to a decision, and the scorecards unanimously going to Joshua, with one of them not even being close

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Joshua gets KTFO and then Parker pisses hot afterwards?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Parker to kick Joshua's rear end for 12 rounds, it go to a decision, and the scorecards unanimously going to Joshua, with one of them not even being close

BRB, making a mad dash for the bookie's

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jerusalem posted:

joshua turns into amir khan in the first round

a coked-up tyson fury climbs into the ring to challenge him while he's still laid out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
looks like it'll be an early night. be stunned if this goes 6 or is even a competitive fight.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

I'm surprised there aren't many boos yet

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
Well looks like Joshua is gunna have this easily

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

balancedbias posted:

For what?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Parker looks outclassed already.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Parker is doing ok though? He had a better round 2 than Joshua did.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

AJ looking way more mobile then against takam

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Parker has a huge reach disadvantage and can't get inside. Doesn't bode well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

gtkor posted:

nah. he's losing badly. he's doing ok like conor was against floyd in the early going.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gtkor posted:

Joshua looks completely in control to me :shrug:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

balancedbias posted:

most of these people sat through fury - klitschko once

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

gtkor posted:

if you think being backed into the ropes and not connecting with anything is a good round, sure

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
Hellooooo might be a fight here maybe

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Parker looks fine, but he's not really landing anything of consequence

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Don't get me wrong, there's noting wrong with the fight, but some crowds are all about blood and guts.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Joshua really only started landing in round 3.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

FullLeatherJacket posted:

most of these people sat through fury - klitschko once

knowing Joshua's fanbase that's very unlikely

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Parker could have very credibly won both the first and second round, but Joshua is definitely in control in terms of the overall fight.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Joshua's not landing a huge amount, but Parker's hardly landing at all.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Julio Cruz posted:

Joshua's not landing a huge amount, but Parker's hardly landing at all.

I was about make this post almost word for word.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

balancedbias posted:

Don't get me wrong, there's noting wrong with the fight, but some crowds are all about blood and guts.

if you saw the crowd reacting/singing when Sweet Caroline was playing, you would understand that this crowd is so drunk, they probably can't see anything but two blobs staggering around in the ring

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Joshua fighting a clever and controlled fight tbh, basically landing at will and never in any real danger of being hit

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Joshua actually looked a bit frustrated that round

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that shot seemed to get joshua's attention. he might start fighting now.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I have Joshua 4-1.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Julio Cruz posted:

I have Joshua 4-1.

Yup Parker took that round

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I have it 3-2 AJ right now, Parker is keeping it interesting

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That will probably the question for Parker, is can you win a fight in the UK, with this style, where it will be tough to clearly win rounds.

Lol way to ruin the excitement ref

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
Yeeeees make it a brawl

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This ref isn't doing Parker any favours by throwing them way apart every time they get a bit close.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
haha the ref almost got got there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm not seriously scoring but I'll say 3-2 Parker as the most pro Parker card I can give.

• Locked thread