Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Either Joshua's hosed up his hand or is clueless on how to break down an opponent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think Parker would be winning this if it weren't for the ref. As it is it's a close fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this is loving crazy. the ref has conditioned both of them to clinch and then just stop fighting immediately lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think Parker would be winning this if it weren't for the ref. As it is it's a close fight.

i'm the opposite. i think joshua's uppercuts would have hosed up parker's day by now if they were allowed to fight inside at all

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I swear Joshua just did a straight up The Office turn to camera when the ref started fixing his tape again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
What is going on with the tape lol

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I do agree with the idea that Parker has figured out how to slip the uppercut, but if they were able to fight freely on the inside, AJ would have gotten him cleanly a few times by now.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
That eye could be trouble if it keeps swelling.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
it's gotten to the point that as soon as they come close they just go limp and stop because they know the ref is gonna break them apart

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This ref is insanely poo poo lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

where the gently caress did they even get this ref from? i have never seen him ref a match in my life, and never want to again.

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
UGH they just aren’t fighting cause of this ref

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i'm the opposite. i think joshua's uppercuts would have hosed up parker's day by now if they were allowed to fight inside at all

I mean it would be a fight, but Parker is obviously outmatched a range, his best success was coming in and he seemed to sort of catch Joshua by surprise with that earlier. All Joshua has to do is wrap his tree limb arms around Parker and then force the fight back out to range.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I mean it would be a fight, but Parker is obviously outmatched a range, his best success was coming in and he seemed to sort of catch Joshua by surprise with that earlier. All Joshua has to do is wrap his tree limb arms around Parker and then force the fight back out to range.

Yeah this. Would be easily Parker's fight if there was any infighting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Im glad I'm watching this somewhere that someone else paid the ppv

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

glad boxing managed to find a way to gently caress up this perfectly serviceable unification bout

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean it's obviously a high risk high reward strategy, Parker could be on his rear end by now if they were infighting, but it'clear that was the tactic Parker wanted to pursue and he just can't now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

glad boxing managed to find a way to gently caress up this perfectly serviceable unification bout

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Boxing... uhh... finds a way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That was poo poo

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

gently caress this fight and gently caress this terrible sport for snatching disappointment out of the jaws of excitement again

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

gently caress this poo poo. good stuff boxing.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I'm glad I didn't pay for that fight

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Wilder will be loving that

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Okay quickly, what's the stupidest, most self-destructive and self-sabotaging finish for boxing as a whole for this match?

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
Well at least Price Povetkin was exciting

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Dross.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I have to say, I wouldn't have picked "Grab a confused Italian man off the street and put a referee shirt on him" as the winner

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
well that was boring and disappointing gently caress you ref

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I got it 116-112 AJ but who the gently caress knows, that fight was underwhelming

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Fight wasn't terrible, referee was.

e: 2 118s and a 119 is a bit ridiculous though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yes it was lol

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED, at that result.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

please let parker win the decision or something really hosed up to just top this shitshow off

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

I got it 116-112 AJ but who the gently caress knows, that fight was underwhelming

Turns out I was generous to Parker :geno:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Even with this ref Parker could have tried to win the fight at some point

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

At least Wilder won't have a problem with the scoring.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AJ won, but this was a closer fight than the Sky team is making it seem. Parker could have won 5 rounds, I guess I could see a case for 6 if you really really wanted.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Hurrr

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I never thought that would be how I saw the worst boxing refereeing performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Started off as a fight and then it seemed they both just stopped every time they got close because they knew the ref was coming in to stop it.

I think a Joshua was flattered a little by his longer reach

• Locked thread