Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Those invulnerable charge moves felt mandatory for me. They are never not useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Whiskey chat contribution: You could watch my buddy's YouTube channel - The Bourbon Brothers. It recently placed highly on a best of list for bourbon review channels (didn't know that was a thing!)

I've known the tiny guy, Jeff, all my life. He's a real picky dude so I imagine if he likes a bourbon it's a good bourbon.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVZCqh4uukiHNcyhmpgH-hQ

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

wait these are for real? i thought they were a chan or reddit meme or something produced by an equally brain-damaged demographic

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2018/04/27

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

"Be earnest" is good advice in life, not just in letter-mailing

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think I just need to take a break. And yes I probably should come back later (I just reached level 6), but I've gotten her down to almost no health like 5 times now so I have to see this though

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

wait these are for real? i thought they were a chan or reddit meme or something produced by an equally brain-damaged demographic

They just brought on a new writer, the first woman do so for the strip.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"When she’s not dreaming up irresistible dessert bars for her Minneapolis treatery, Bar None, Charity “Chase” Oliver is running after her cat, Quincy—a tubby tabby with a gift for sniffing out edibles. But what happens when this cat burglar leads Chase to the scene of a real crime?

The jig is up for Chase’s adorable plus-size cat, Quincy. His new vet says “diet”—that means no more cherry cheesecake bars. From now on he gets low-calorie kibble only. But one taste of the stuff is all it takes to drive him in search of better things. Quincy’s escape is the last thing Chase needs after the nasty run-in she has with underhanded business rival Gabe Naughtly.

Chase tracks Quincy down in a neighbor’s kitchen, where he’s devouring a meatloaf, unaware of the much more serious crime he’s stumbled upon. Gabe’s corpse is lying on the kitchen floor, and when Chase is discovered at the murder scene, she becomes suspect number one. Now, with a little help from her friends—both human and feline—she’ll have to catch the real killer or wind up behind bars that aren’t so sweet.

Includes recipes for people and cats!"

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think I just need to take a break. And yes I probably should come back later (I just reached level 6), but I've gotten her down to almost no health like 5 times now so I have to see this though

These Nancy comics really are getting involved...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

new nancy is the american pop team epic. nancy is popuko and sluggo is pipimi

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

when did this new writer start her tenure, i kinda like this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FAKE GAMER NANCY

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ciaphas posted:

:same: though, as usual, stay away from the comments

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Grapplejack posted:

I like rum and cokes. Easy peasy.

rum coke and a slice of lime

rum is my favorite

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It cannot be understated how bad the last Nancy artist was. His art sucked, he want funny, he evidently stopped telling jokes I favor if complaining about how things used to be better (especially when it can to country music), he constantly drew bad cheesecake of Nancy's aunt, he made a previous shlub of a character into his handsome Marry so that character could date Nancy's Aunt and he (in real life) is also probably a rapist. The fact that this is the strip people are yearning to return just shows that maybe it's time for newspaper comics to end

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Just a few weeks ago, I think.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Motto posted:

They just brought on a new writer, the first woman do so for the strip.

evidence par excellence that everyone is equally stupid, whether man or woman

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Humor is good, friend.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I honestly had never heard of Nancy before this month.

I thought this was a translation of the Argentine comic strip Mafalda

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Same, but I am really like this new stuff and like the old stuff before I guess the previous author.

Comic strips are something I kinda wish I knew a lot more about because its like oddly fascinating (all these long running zombie series that no one really reads, so many different weird drama slap fights, etc.)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is Rex Morgan M.D. still a thing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding, it's like she's from a completely different comic

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought this was a translation of the Argentine comic strip Mafalda

I thought the same until seeing this post and it's loving me up.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Motto posted:

Humor is good, friend.

good humor is good but i can't tell the difference between the punchline on these, and the punchline on an imgur macro made by a clinically depressed hikikomori

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
NuNancy rules

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

GUI posted:

I thought the same until seeing this post and it's loving me up.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Gag comics are rightly criticized for being staid and mediocre but Nancy has this strange allure to it that led to many copycats (the already mentioned Mafada being one of them) and whole books on the subject of comics storytelling.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

Gag comics are rightly criticized for being staid and mediocre but Nancy has this strange allure to it that led to many copycats (the already mentioned Mafada being one of them) and whole books on the subject of comics storytelling.

Oh wow I had no idea about the lineage.

Truly the most ambitious crossover event in history

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Wamdoodle posted:

:same: though, as usual, stay away from the comments

holy poo poo

is there a single thing online that people won't be horrible over

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

kc green liked to post about nancy a lot on twitter

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Finally beat that loving Valkerie. She just did not have many punishable moves, liked to cast an unblockable blind spell and do other higher damage unblockables from off screen and sometimes just hit me on stuff I clearly dodged. Also I think the last segment of her health bar was bigger than the rest making finishing her feel painful. Still, finally loving did it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im barely in my 20's and I know Nancy what is happening here

Nancy is historically very good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Was Nancy like a regional thing or something?

I remember the comics page from my childhood: Garfield, Peanuts, Hagar the Horrible, Andy Capp, Cathy, Beetle Bailey, Family Circus, Far Side, Rex Morgan M.D.

I have never seen Nancy before it became a meme

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's pretty famous dude.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I feel like I'm being Mandela Effected here.

If Nancy is so famous how come the Simpsons never referenced her like they have done with all those other comics

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Can’t say I’ve heard this Nancy thing either. Maybe its a Gen X thing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Can’t say I’ve heard this Nancy thing either. Maybe its a Gen X thing.

Its fuckin 80 years old

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
loving millennials and their gag comics

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nancy wasn't in either of Seattle's newspapers when I was young enough to care to read newspaper comics

e: It might have been in the Times, we always had the P-I (rip) in our house

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 1, 2018

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm about a third of the way through the last of us and i don't think it's a very good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh wow I had no idea about the lineage.

Truly the most ambitious crossover event in history

gently caress this is good.

Expect My Mom posted:

im barely in my 20's and I know Nancy what is happening here

Nancy is historically very good

Like I've legit seen this multiple times over the years and each time I've thought "haha drat this is a good Mafalda comic strip."

al-azad posted:

Shiiiit. I feel like my whole life is a lie.

• Locked thread