Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

its minecraft

It's minecraft but with stuff to do.

It's great for those people like me who bounced off of minecraft because I want a bit more direction in my games instead of just video game lego building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Got a pretty good streak of new releases to keep busy with through the summer. FC5 now, Dad of War in April, Problematic Crown HD remaster in May, Jurassic World Evolution in June, and also that vampire game from Dontnod.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Finished Batman: The Enemy Within. I liked the ending I got, then watched the other possibility and it's probably the biggest case of Telltale resolutions being different and affected by your choices. No two locations were shared by the two endings until the very end. It's way more involved than I expected and now that it's all out I heartily recommend it if you like the Telltale games. Not as funny as Tales from e Borderlands, but it's still in the top tier.

Getting more and more frustrated with The Surge. Completely stonewalled on a boss (The Black Cauldron) and it's making me tear my hair out. I wouldn't mind it if it was just the one-on-one duel that it starts off as, but he summons mini bosses when he takes some damage and I just can't manage with the clunky movement and the fact that I die in two hits, if I'm lucky.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgADDXyWJEE

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

so what is Dragon Quest Builders and is it good, just saw it mentioned somewhere as on the switch

It's a legit masterpiece

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wei Shen vs. Chase McCain, who wins

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I saw a video of this game some years ago and recently Slowbeef's failed playthrough of it and I'll never be able to get the battle music out of my head.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bentacos posted:

The cost of a PS4 is a small price to pay to be able to play Yakuza.

The cost of a PS3 and PS4 is a small price to pay to be able to play every Yakuza game in order before feasting on Yakuza 6. Kiwami for being a remake of a PS2 game is an absolute treat with Majima Everywhere, Goromi is the best girl!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Happy Easter Xbox!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgADDXyWJEE

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

??????????????

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
happy easter xbox

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

xbox go home

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
X Box One X

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Interested in Yakuza 6, and God of War this month but will have to wait until later this year I think. I am moving into my first ever house that I purchased with my fiancee, so will be super busy with that. Also planning our wedding for June. Going to just stick to playing a backlog of games and Diablo III.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at that first quote

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OP forgot about the :woomy: update

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Small Europa Universalis 4 patch probably coming out in a week or two, please include this in the OP

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Nittomata/status/980455772638257152

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

im playing stardew valley with the furry mod :furcry:

also chess???? wtf...

post screenshots please

Ciaphas posted:

so what is Dragon Quest Builders and is it good, just saw it mentioned somewhere as on the switch

to elaborate on what everyone else has said, it's minecraft but:
-there's a story mode with four chapters, with each one having you rebuild a town from Dragon Quest 1. you don't retain items or recipes (beyond super basic stuff) between chapters but each one focuses on different kinds of building so it works out pretty well. you also have various challenges to clear that'll unlock cool stuff in the free build mode
-there's a free build mode available from the start. you unlock new islands in it with new materials after every story chapter you beat and you can share buildings online
-the graphics don't look like eye-gouging rear end

the demo is basically just the beginning of the game, give it a shot. it is good, imo, though there are some little things that can get a little annoying. you can't rotate stuff in your hands, the camera doesn't handle being indoors very well, the combat isn't great, but you get to build some really cool stuff

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I still stand by my idea that Dragon Quest Builders shoulda been an Actraiser reboot instead.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

tried the demo, getting the game

but

my god that logo

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
speaking of rising from the grave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDea7laHD4E

(maybe don't watch at work)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

Ban the OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished Revelations 2. All the boss fights were kinda bunk rear end and way too enemies have OHKO grabs that can noclip through walls but overall it was a cool game and way better than Rev1. That's every RE game except for the outbreak games on PS2 bc I'm too stupid to get the online working in them.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

I finished Revelations 2. All the boss fights were kinda bunk rear end and way too enemies have OHKO grabs that can noclip through walls but overall it was a cool game and way better than Rev1. That's every RE game except for the outbreak games on PS2 bc I'm too stupid to get the online working in them.

now play on the mode where every enemy is invisible

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dqb is great cause its like dark cloud but without the trash dungeons

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

now play on the mode where every enemy is invisible

Good god no. I already hated the invisible games in the original game

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
This is the last month ever before I can fight Havel on the toilet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

an actual dog posted:

It's a legit masterpiece

Gonna wait for DQB2

glam rock hamhock posted:

I still stand by my idea that Dragon Quest Builders shoulda been an Actraiser reboot instead.

I will buy any game with this tbh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHyJH3GPIsA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My housemate moved out so I'm cleaning out the section of the pantry that he used.

There are literally a dozen open boxes of dried pasta, all dating from 2012-2014. It looks like one serving was taken out of each and the rest was abandoned for nearly half a decade.

It's like I never even knew the guy

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I'm still hoping that the Outbreak games get a PS4 port or something at some point. They sound intriguing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's a new strong bad email

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFu-GaktLu8

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was going to make a joke post about "PYF Easter Games" but holy poo poo ActRaiser is totally it and I think I'm gonna play that today

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

before you take the its minecraft stuff seriously, from what i understand you build a town and then you finish a scenario and move on and start again so its not like you're constantly building up the town over a long campaign

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

glam rock hamhock posted:

No dumb April fools joke, just game being released this month

Penny-Punching Princess - (Switch, PS Vita) - April 3rd
Minit - (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Linux, Mac) - April 3rd
Dark Rose Valkyrie - (PC) - April 10th
Extinction - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - April 10th
Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs - (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) - April 10th
Maelstrom - (PC) - April 11th
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - (Xbox One) - April 11th
Rogue Aces - (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) - April 12th
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - (PS4) - April 17th
Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia - (PC) - April 19
God of War - (PS4) - April 20th
Nintendo Labo Variety Kit - (Nintendo Switch) - April 20th
Nintendo Labo Robot Kit - (Nintendo Switch) - April 20th
Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion - (PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One) - April 24th
Frostpunk - (PC) - April 24th
Gal*Gun 2 - (Switch, PS4) - April 24th
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - (Switch) - April 24th
Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition - (PS4, Switch) - April 24th
The Swords Of Ditto - (PS4, PC) - April 24th
Runbow - (PS4) - April 24th
Rick And Morty Simulator: Virtual Rick-Ality - (PS4, PC) - April 24th
Super Robot Wars X - (PS4, PS Vita) - April 26th
Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - April 25th

So this month's themes are dads, cardboard and of course christ who has risen

The Xbox is having 7 games released for it this month and they are all mulitplatform.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was going to make a joke post about "PYF Easter Games" but holy poo poo ActRaiser is totally it and I think I'm gonna play that today
Gabriel Knight 3.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My housemate moved out so I'm cleaning out the section of the pantry that he used.

There are literally a dozen open boxes of dried pasta, all dating from 2012-2014. It looks like one serving was taken out of each and the rest was abandoned for nearly half a decade.

It's like I never even knew the guy

Hey sometimes you go to the store and forget to buy pasta sauce for the pasta you have, and when you buy pasta sauce you forget that you still have pasta.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/980483836399243264

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The You Testament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

Hey sometimes you go to the store and forget to buy pasta sauce for the pasta you have, and when you buy pasta sauce you forget that you still have pasta.

How's your new place?

• Locked thread