Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Automotive Insanity > Tank Girl is v.underrated - The May 2018 Chat Thread

:v:

*edit: I own no pets so here's a cat in a Mini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i got into a vanpool for work and its the absolute best thing ever, my employer will pay 60% of the monthly fees and i drive for 8-10 mins to a park and ride and get dropped off right at the factory door 20 minutes later, no more walking a mile to/from the parking lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Best way to blank a laptop before junking it is to pull and smash the hard drive right?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

KozmoNaut posted:

Prepare for the onslaught of "WTF previous owner, what did you DO?!"

I'm doing that right now.

A robin destroyed the vent cover for my washroom fan and proceeded to stuff the entire duct with grass. The only way to access the ducting itself is from the attic that I can't get up into easily due to the access hole being 20" x 10" and located in a small closet my ladder does not fit inside of. I figured I wouldn't need to go up there at all and while cleaning the duct I found out that none of the ducting is screwed together and at best there's one joint that's taped. Thanks PO, I thought you were a building contractor. :cripes:

The good news is that I've got a shitload of grass pushed all the way forward so at least the robin can't get back in until I figure out my next course of action here.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'm doing that right now.

A robin destroyed the vent cover for my washroom fan and proceeded to stuff the entire duct with grass. The only way to access the ducting itself is from the attic that I can't get up into easily due to the access hole being 20" x 10" and located in a small closet my ladder does not fit inside of. I figured I wouldn't need to go up there at all and while cleaning the duct I found out that none of the ducting is screwed together and at best there's one joint that's taped. Thanks PO, I thought you were a building contractor. :cripes:

The good news is that I've got a shitload of grass pushed all the way forward so at least the robin can't get back in until I figure out my next course of action here.

Shop vac on reverse?

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
The maintenance guys here have a battery leaf blower with ducting duct taped on, and they power blast the vents clean. The lint and nest shower out the end suggests it works fairly well.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Shop vac on reverse?

Well, I was working out how to seal my leaf blower to the duct up until the point I found out none of it is screwed together. The problem is the duct may be detached somewhere because it feels loose after I tried to push all the crap out with a duct brush. It's also sticking out about 2" from the front of my house now...

At present I'm trying to talk my stones into letting me go up on the roof and see what I can get at from there. I have a huge fear of heights that no amount of staring at boldy in the face of has ever managed to cure and the last time I went up there I almost had to get my neighbour to call the fire department to come get me down because I was so loving terrified.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 30, 2018

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Rhyno posted:

Best way to blank a laptop before junking it is to pull and smash the hard drive right?

That's the most secure and likely quickest way yes.

However, if you wanted to leave it intact you can also/instead download something like DBAN and erase it with that. You burn it onto a CD/stick it on a USB and can tell it to do a multi-pass erase of the disk

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tomarse posted:

That's the most secure and likely quickest way yes.

However, if you wanted to leave it intact you can also/instead download something like DBAN and erase it with that. You burn it onto a CD/stick it on a USB and can tell it to do a multi-pass erase of the disk

It's a crappy Vista era laptop that's totally worthless. I just wanted to make sure none of my wife's personal data still existed on it before I chucked it. Pulled the HDD, smashed it which was quite satisfying.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Cage posted:

No garage geez way to take the wind out of my sails.

The why the hell did you buy it?

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao at anyone playing TPP in 2018

Third person has some advantages with respect to peripheral vision. It's easy enough to switch back and forth, though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

The why the hell did you buy it?

Third person has some advantages with respect to peripheral vision. It's easy enough to switch back and forth, though.

oh yeah i'm well aware of that but between the hackers who almost always seem to prefer TPP and the unfair advantage that gives to campers, it's definitely the worst way to play PUBG

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Suffer not a robin to live.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
We've played 150ish games this season across both modes and have only run into one set of blatant hackers, the devs have really fixed a lot of the cheating/hacking issues in the last couple patches.

We have roughly equal dinners between TPP and FPP, but I like TPP because the unintentional hilarity that is PUBG vehicles is best appreciated in third person clips IMHO.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PhilanthropicMuddyPoxGingerPower

Also you can't see yourself and what's the point of looking this outstanding if you can't see yourself.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWhYlhfWCI

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
may thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855682

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
YOU WILL NOT DIE

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Still April here. gently caress all that May poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

April showers bring May flowers
Mayflowers bring pilgrims

• Locked thread