Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I regged here as a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Seminal Flu posted:

The car doesn't suck, but it's definitely a sucking auction.

At least you don't have to do the forensic tests like they did on top gear to figure out what bodily substances are impregnated into the seats.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

BigPaddy posted:

Tex

Hug your dogs.

Sorry to hear. Losing a pet is devastating. Houses always feel so empty without a pet. Hopefully Tex will live a long and happy life.

Dog status : thoroughly loved (and spoiled)

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

4/5 burner is typical for what I'm used to seeing.

A cover really helps with wear and tear on them. Also cleaning semi regularly and letting it burn off the fat that dripped down by running at full for a couple mins before shutting off seems to help with longevity as it burns/dries any drippings quickly.

Last BBQ we had was a broil king (iirc) and it lasted a decade outdoors, still worked when we replaced it but it was getting a little rusted around the burners.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Get insurance to cover physio, neck pain is no good and only gets worst later on if left untreated.

Hope the dash video is clear enough to nail that guy to the wall. Any witnesses too?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

If they wanted that info turn the driver should have stopped and recorded it. Jackasses :colbert:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

You expected actual service work from a dealership? Shame on you. They're glorified high speed parts swappers at best.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Their price board behind the service counter has Valvetrain Service: $2## or whatever posted RIGHT THERE on it.

Translation: oil change and maybe someone dumps a bottle of snake oil in the gas tank or oil prior to the change.

Due to some hilariously terrible service from our Hyundai dealer, we got a free service #3 from them, which is supposed to have a brake maintenance component. This amounted to what is nominally a $300 oil change, an inspection of the brake pad thickness and the usual never-actually-gets-done items like greasing door pivots and underbody parts. It was free and I still felt ripped off.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Fermented Tinal posted:

I just paid hundreds of dollars for two pieces of plastic. Please help me.

I know the feeling very well.

Although at least availability isn't something I have to worry too much about. Are there many NLA parts on yours or is Toyota pretty good about having NOS parts on hand?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

God drat eBay. I sold a set of wheels over the weekend, packaged them up, and paid for a shipping label to get them all the way to South Carolina (not cheap for something this big and heavy from the rebulic of Canukistan) and today the buyer messages me that he didn't intend to buy and wants to cancel.

How do you accidentally purchase a $1000+ set of wheels, and pay for them, that you didn't intend to buy.

Now I have to deal with this mess and figure out if I'm screwed on the shipping charges.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Thankfully no as it was the weekend so I'm hopeful I can get the shipping fee back and I avoided the transcontinental mystery of what happens when it's on it's way it gets rerouted back.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Adiabatic posted:

Took me 7 and a half. A degree's a degree.

:hfive:

Took the better part of a decade for me as well as I transitioned from a physics major to electrical engineering. Glad to be done school for now. Had thoughts of going back for masters buuut stipend vs salary is a real bummer.

Good job Enourmo, final stretch!

(And I still giggle at your devils lettuce title every time I see it.)

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

spog posted:

Have you realised how much poop and how many old men's willies you will have to deal with?

That's what keeps him going

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I'm still surprised at how much market share iOS still has. I'm not sure what draws people to them since they don't have an edge anymore with anything and the whole proprietary and locked down nature of Apple has to be tiresome by now. It even seems their losing their appeal as a pure status symbol.

On another note, the switch to USB-C is going to be painful now that USB micro is so ubiquitous. Hopefully in a few more years it'll be a non issue but for now it kinda sucks to have.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Well... At the least the FiST, FoST, and FoRS were a thing. However brief.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Dealerships suck and a warranty is more of a pain in the rear end than it's worth, at least for the small stuff. I sadly learned this lesson with my Veloster.

Maybe the higher end dealers don't have their heads that far up their own asses. A man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Disney Star Wars is enjoyable, and the cruiser light speed scene in TLJ was such a beautiful sequence that it made the movie for me.

Marvel movies are fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. The last few films have landed very well with me, Black panther, Dr Strange, and Ragnarok to name a few. Infinity war worked well and is definitely high up in the rankings. It's 100% not a stand alone movie but it's satisfying to watch all the interactions and having Thanos as the main character/focus/protagonist was a good decision imo. I'm just bummed that it thematically clashed with the ending of Ragnarok right at the opening. And while obvious that there's going to be a reset, the deaths had impact even if it's fleeting and rationed away shortly after the credits roll.

• Locked thread