Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

roomforthetuna posted:

I couldn't find Waldo.

He's behind Beast and next to naked Angel. He's drawn like a hipster, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/156794213561/kateordie-i-was-on-this-poo poo-before-riverdale

Huh, I didn't know Archie had LGBT awareness for so long.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Oh you know I'm not letting this go by without bringing this tweet up.

Oh, I see who tweeted that now. I get it now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

A Strange Aeon posted:

Wait, I don't. But I'm immediately hostile to anybody who calls Eisner mediocre.

The guy who tweeted that tweet is the guy who made that tumblr post about Archie.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I thought we'd already started to move into 90s nostalgia. I mean Roseanne is back for gently caress's sake.

...why? Why would anyone ever...?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

It scored a 5.1 in the ratings.

Which means...?

Covok
May 27, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s wildly successful.

Gotcha. I assumed it was on a 10 scale, but I guess it must mean 5.1 million.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Nearly 20 million people tuned in.

"The only scripted show this season to outperform “Roseanne” was the post-Super Bowl episode of “This Is Us,” which drew a 9.3 and 26.97 million viewers."

"9.3"

"26.97 million"

How does this system work?

Covok
May 27, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Digital comics alert: Amazon's gone crazy again and priced 278 Marvel graphic novels at a dollar.

They're clearly feuding with Disney (you can't pre-order physical copies of any of their movies anymore; for contrast, Ready Player One already has a preorder page up and that came out literally five days ago), I wonder if these constant price slashes are another symptom of it.

I would like to coin a new law: Nicholas' Law. Whenever something happens, someone on the internet will assume it's being done out of malice and spite.

Just having a little jest.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Got drunk and bought all of Bruce Tim Justice League on Blu-ray. That poo poo really holds up and is a pro loving watch.

It made me realize there's a lot of Bruce Tim content. You got four seasons of Batman the Animated Series, a season of Superman the animated series, two seasons of Batman Beyond, four seasons of Justice League, two seasons of static shock, and one season of Project Zeta.

That's a lot of loving episodes.

Oh, also movies. You got mask of the Phantasm, the mr. Freeze one, I think Superman had one, and the Joker one for Batman Beyond. That's pretty loving good.

Oh, also that Harley Quinn movie that proves that you should never return and make a sequel to something after it's finished. If Frank Miller had awareness heat agree with me and I'm sure Alan Moore would agree with me. It's never a good idea, you will never match up to what you originally did. The expectation in their mind is too hard to match.

Also, I just got to stop getting drunk and buying things. I mean, it wasn't too expensive but it's a really bad habit to have. I'm not made of money. Also, my liver.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wait a minute, the Superman animated series had 3 Seasons? How do I have them all in one box set?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Skwirl posted:

It's called a box set, googling tells me there's 54 episodes, if you have that many you've got them all.

Oh, it does have 54 episodes. I don't know, I just thought that it was only one season because it was only one box. Back when I was a kid I didn't even notice.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are they doing more movies in the DCCU?

Yes, Aquaman is planned for this year or next, they're doing a cyborg movie, Wonder Woman 2 is confirmed.

Edit: I took that as DC Cinematic Universe, but if you meant DC cartoon universe then they just did a Harley Quinn movie set in the DC Animated Universe but that's the last one so far with no plans going forward.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I need to pop down to my newsstand for some new comics. But which ones should I get...

That's very open-ended question. What kind of series did you like when you did read? If you never read before, what kind of series do you like in general? Can help you whittle it down from there.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Samuringa posted:

Just so you know, my mental image of you has gone completely haywire

I complete believe Woody would work security at a nightclub.

I'm not doxing him, he did an amazing cosplay of Woody from Quantum and Woody and that character would definitely do that job. Well, he would half-rear end that job. Well, Woody would probably sign up for the job, but spend most of the time just buying beers and harassing female patrons. Well, he'd actually probably just not even show up and go to a different bar.

Covok
May 27, 2013

That is a lot of floorspace for a comic shop. You, like, actually have space to walk around.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

The layout was always nice. Being in an upscale mall helped.

I'm kind of out of nice things to say about them now.

I understand. My last employer lied and said it was permanent position when they hired me, but brought me in the second busy season (60+ hour/weeks for 3 months) ended, as in the second I came in the following morning, and told me they were a small company that couldn't keep too much staff during the off season. So, I get messy employer situations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I've been trying to be nice and not talk poo poo but I keep hearing horrible things that have happened since I left. Two people walked (one being my replacement) over it being a hostile work environment. It just hurts my soul because I worked so hard to build that place into what it was and now it's burning to the ground.

Oh and I weigh 163 lbs now btw.

That's...rough. The worst thing to have happen after you put a lot of passion into something is watching someone take a poo poo all over it.

I'm sorry, buddy.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I tell you, the store used to get reviews like "this is a safe place for all to come" and now it's like "the creep at the counter was eyeballing my teenage daughters chest."

Oh...uh, that's bad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Something tells me that a pedophile will likely not be able to keep business for a long period of time before being shut down either due to lack of customers or finally crossing the line.

Covok
May 27, 2013

pubic works project posted:

I think it's funny that X-Men: Grand Design is nominated. I thought it was just a mediocre regurgitation of X-Men history with a narration.

Go to YouTube. Type in "X Explained" where X is some nerd property such as Star Wars, a particular superhero, Lord of the Rings, excetera. See the amount of subscribers, likes, favorites, and videos.

Watch one of the videos.

Despair.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

People like knowing about media more than actually experiencing that media.

Their other favorite thing is people experiencing the media for them.

I blame slowbeef.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I know more sales are done physically than digitally, but, with Amazon doing super-heavy sales on comics on same-day releases and considering what Amazon did to the book industry, what chances do y'all see for the future of the comic industry? Do you think retailers stand a chance?

Covok
May 27, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, you're not entirely wrong, but Amazon is still at least a proximate cause; Borders went down because they ignored digital sales and e-readers entirely and Barnes and Noble is dropping because even though they didn't, the Nook simply can't hang against the Kindle.

Like, if I made you boss of Barnes and Noble with magic powers to transform it in any way you see fit, so long as they still sell books and Amazon is still Amazon, what exactly do you do to make yourself a viable business? I don't see a path.

Suicide booths, like in Futurama.

They all cost $25 to use. You give them to all the managers of your stores and you automatically promote the oldest employee after the manager uses it. Considering how hosed they are, you'll get a lot of use out of them and it'll probably make up for lost revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Can't we just give up on capitalism already? We've given it so many chances.

Unfortunately, Baby Boomers and the stupider Gen Xers and Millennials are all behind Capitalism and outnumber the smart people who recognize it as a blight on society.

• Locked thread