Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

nerve posted:

Seroiusly that makes Highsmith look like an actual loving retard

I can understand not putting too much stock in what his girlfriend has to say, but not just after asking a random coach at the same school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Never. If anything the trends is towards more specialization. Especially if/when they make the rosters bigger.

If for no other reason then you need a guy to hold onto field goals, and it might as well be the other drat kicker.

I always love that part of training camp. The LS, Punter and Kicker off on a corner of some back field just practicing over and over and over and over and over and over again.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ozzie Newsome met privately with the Louisville Mens Water Polo coach before drafting Lamar Jackson

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I spell goodly

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

nerve posted:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey next door neighbor, what can you tell me about this NFL player?

Uh, I dunno. But his wife is standing right there.

I've heard enough.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
https://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/991419842761719808

Well over a decade too late, but better late than never I guess. I've seen few people fail upwards as spectacularly as Russ Brandon. Good riddance.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

nerve posted:

We really need a :browns:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sheen Sheen posted:

Well over a decade too late, but better late than never I guess. I've seen few people fail upwards as spectacularly as Russ Brandon. Good riddance.

What did he do to be investigated?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I can understand not putting too much stock in what his girlfriend has to say, but not just after asking a random coach at the same school

Gotta keep up appearances that you're a savant-level talent evaluator that can Sherlock Holmes your way into extrapolating a guy's entire career off of one bit of irrelevant information. You can't do that if you're actually doing the smallest amount of actual research like a professional would.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

What did he do to be investigated?

According to the Buffalo News, "allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees." Didn't see any detail beyond that.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Vengarr posted:

💩

Only sadder.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Never. If anything the trends is towards more specialization. Especially if/when they make the rosters bigger.

Also the kicker and punter are essentially each others back up, so you have insurance against an in game injury.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol remember when a back up LB was the kicker for the Eagles and they had to keep going for it?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol remember when a back up LB was the kicker for the Eagles and they had to keep going for it?

I do not

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The most disastrous special teams injury I remember is when the Raiders lost their long snapper and the backup just could.not.do it to save his life. It was painful to watch and I like watching the Raiders do dumb things.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

nerve posted:

I do not

Yeah he got a touchback and they went for 2 4 times, making 3 of them.

Against Dallas

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

The most disastrous special teams injury I remember is when the Raiders lost their long snapper and the backup just could.not.do it to save his life. It was painful to watch and I like watching the Raiders do dumb things.

That was the 2012 MNF late game between the Chargers and Raiders, IIRC. It was one of the dumbest games i've ever seen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

That was the 2012 MNF late game between the Chargers and Raiders, IIRC. It was one of the dumbest games i've ever seen.

Which was two years after our long snapper went down against the Raiders and Scifres got two punts blocked for touchdowns

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Grittybeard posted:

I'm going to miss Jon Condo. :(

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Sheen Sheen posted:

Inappropriate relationships? He's been loving the Bills for 2 decades.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

:smithicide:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vengarr posted:

It's a little big but:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

WalletBeef posted:

Inappropriate relationships? He's been loving the Bills for 2 decades.

drat straight!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sheen Sheen posted:

According to the Buffalo News, "allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees." Didn't see any detail beyond that.

“Other job-related issues” as well. Excited for the leaks.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fsif posted:

“Other job-related issues” as well. Excited for the leaks.

He's the one who leaked the Josh Allen tweets, isn't he

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I really enjoy that the Dolphins drafted a kicker who can’t kick field goals but is great at kick offs...

Right as the league plans to do away with the kickoffs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sheen Sheen posted:

He's the one who leaked the Josh Allen tweets, isn't he

Absolutely my first thought, heh. He’s probably the only one still around from the Nix era when they were pumping the press full of supposed scout takes of Glenn being more of a guard than a tackle, right?

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah he got a touchback and they went for 2 4 times, making 3 of them.

Against Dallas

They should have let him try an XP after the Eagles scored their last touchdown on a fumble return.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Its May now everybody

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Huh. His throwing motion looked goofy to me, less of that Vick flick of the wrist and the ball is 1/4 mile away

Don't take my word for it I'm retarded. From the man hisself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxi9NgPRatM

Coldforge posted:

💩

Only sadder.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Needs orange stripe down the middle

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

Needs orange stripe down the middle

Also I liked the gun to the head idea. Nice brainstorm guys, so far we've got a big brown and orange striped poo poo with a sad face and suicidal tendencies. Sounds pretty good to me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah sounds like the olfactory of sadness

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Play posted:

Don't take my word for it I'm retarded. From the man hisself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxi9NgPRatM

Unlike everyone else I will never pretend to be good at the eye test so my thoughts are more 'notions' than evidence

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sheen Sheen posted:

Heh I just saw *Name* resigns from the Bills and thought wow they made the gm step down because of the Josh Allen pick.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Workers of the world unite, there's a May News/Views thread!

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

It's actually quite a nice change from an abstract balance-of-duties perspective: the punter has work to do even whether the offense is doing well, and the placekicker only has to worry about one style of kick.

I wonder if someday they'll widen the hash marks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I want to say Dhani Jones

• Locked thread