Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Pats gonna use their 2 first round picks on OBJ now and TFF will kill itself, you heard it here first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I guess so? For like the fifth quarterback off the board. Buffalo has more than that and are sitting in better spots.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pats gonna use their 2 first round picks on OBJ now and TFF will kill itself, you heard it here first

ugh

please no

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm sure there won't be a drop off at all going from Brees/Brady to Goff...

Are you still stuck in 2016? We fired Jeff Fisher and Goff is good now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pats will give up nothing for Chad Kelly and he will turn into a stud

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
23rd pick is less valuable to the Rams than Cooks for sure. Good trade

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lions at 20. Pats now at 23. Make a deal and move down 3 spots, Patricia.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This is cool and good. Keep getting rid of Brady’s weapons as he needs them more and more.

Also all 4 of the Pats 1sts and 2nds probably wouldn’t be enough to get a QB except Lamar Jackson.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I guess so? For like the fifth quarterback off the board. Buffalo has more than that and are sitting in better spots.

I really, really doubt they'd trade up for a QB. The Jets and Bills this year along with teams previous years have shown that trading up for a QB requires a massive overpay, which is the opposite of what Belichick has ever done.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i hope the patriots trade up with the giants and take Rosen so we can see the most epic mcmagic meltdown ever

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

DariusLikewise posted:

Are you still stuck in 2016? We fired Jeff Fisher and Goff is good now

I mean good luck and all I got nothing against the Rams...I'm not seein' it...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't like this trade simply because of the Pats recent failures drafting high.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Pats traded 32 for Cooks with 2 years left on his rookie deal. They just traded him for 23 with just one year left

That’s some pure strain Bill Five Aces

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean good luck and all I got nothing against the Rams...I'm not seein' it...

McVay has made much worse receivers look like studs so I’m sure Cooks will be just fine.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
I don't think I like it, but I also don't hate it? I guess they see Edelman coming back as the 1000 yard replacement, but would have been nice to see them both on the field. Partially this stems from not trusting Bill to draft a receiver.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/981287566019309571

STOP TRADING WITH THE PATRIOTS

STOP TRADING WITH THE RAMS

drat, they soured on him quiiiiiiick. Sorry for you Pats fans with those brand new Cooks jerseys.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
the rams are loving insane. hopefully they implode dream team style

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also if we're playing fantasy trade corner, then after the absolute gushing Belichick did over Chubb, give me trading up for the Chubbster.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wonder if Cooks has perma-hot brain from the super bowl

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/981287566019309571

STOP TRADING WITH THE RAMS

I'm fine with this although I'm pretty sure now that the Rams first pick in the draft is number 81 or something. No wonder they were so active in FA they had to be. Kinda disappointed at losing that first round pick considering there is no second or third, but at least Cooks is a proven contributor although I doubt they'll get as much out of him as Brady did.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pats traded 32 for Cooks with 2 years left on his rookie deal. They just traded him for 23 with just one year left

His value has gone up because he's played well. This makes sense and should be what every coach is eventually after when developing players.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why do you say things that you know will hurt us?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Rams are smart to go for it all while they still have Goff on his rookie contract

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

this is gonna happen ala randy moss and everyone will be super mad ala randy moss

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Jota posted:

i hope the patriots trade up with the giants and take Rosen so we can see the most epic mcmagic meltdown ever

I would laugh my rear end off if this happened. But now I want it to.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Glumslinger posted:

Why do you say things that you know will hurt us?

Seriously don't make jokes like that man. I had my pistol halfway out of my desk before I even knew what I was doing

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Adun posted:

Rams are smart to go for it all while they still have Goff on his rookie contract

Everything the Rams are doing is smart. What a cool team.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sportsgenius86 posted:

McVay has made much worse receivers look like studs so I’m sure Cooks will be just fine.

I mean...McVay has been in the league 1 year and the Rams didn't even have a 1,000 yard WR. Gurley nearly lead the team in receiving so maybe pump the brakes a bit?

Cooks is an adequate WR for sure...just not sure he is worth what they paid but I'm a nobody on the internet so :shrug:

Mainly...

Spoeank posted:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Play posted:

I'm fine with this although I'm pretty sure now that the Rams first pick in the draft is number 81 or something. No wonder they were so active in FA they had to be. Kinda disappointed at losing that first round pick considering there is no second or third, but at least Cooks is a proven contributor although I doubt they'll get as much out of him as Brady did.

They now have

3 - 87
4 - 111
4 - 135
4 - 136
6 - 176
6 - 183
6 - 194
6 - 195
6 - 198

Less 1 of those 6th rounders. I guess they figure Wade Phillips can pull some starting linebackers out of what's on the roster/late round picks and UDFAs. They'll draft a bunch of OL now too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shouldn't have gotten knocked unconscious in the Super Bowl, bitch.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I mean...McVay has been in the league 1 year

Sean McVay has been in the league since 2008...(ellipsis)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

nerve posted:

You know what I mean mf

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That’s some pure strain Bill Five Aces

This is one of those rare trades where everyone won.

Saints got a great OT
Rams got a great WR
Belichick got a higher draft pick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

nerve posted:

With a side trip to the Florida Tuskers...(weird passive aggressive comment)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

Shouldn't have gotten knocked unconscious in the Super Bowl, bitch.

"look, malcolm and brandin just werent productive in the super bowl" - bill belichick, probably

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/981292677852467202?s=21

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sorry mcmagic

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lmao if that happens just lmao

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Give me a loving break.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/981292890017148929

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kalli posted:

Haha, that rules. Enjoy him Rams, he's a drat fun guy. I wonder who the Patriots are getting that they freed up space for?

OBJ

• Locked thread