Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm glad there is 3 weeks with no NFL content so I can enjoy my large adult playoff hockey team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Sean McVay going to the bench to watch his tablet while Wade Phillips handles the defense owns and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Edit: Actually read the article, GIVE MCVAY VIDEO

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

There's another rumour that Gronk is going to get traded at the draft, take that as you will

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Wasn't that just someone on WEEI talking out his rear end and obviously joking, yet Florio ran with it like a loving dumbass?

Probably, I want to hang onto every bit of speculation because it's the only thing that gets me through the dry news weeks. Plus the Rams were listed as his number 1 destination.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

It sounds like the Rams(and other teams) have standing trade offers for OBJ on the table and the ball is in the Giants court on whether they accept and then what offer they accept. If they want to keep him, it sure is dumb that they aren't just saying they want him around.

https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/981250687492276224

https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/981251865663778816

https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/981253771865899009

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

No loving way lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I am definitely trading 23rd overall for a guy who has 3 straight 1000 yard seasons

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm sure there won't be a drop off at all going from Brees/Brady to Goff...

Are you still stuck in 2016? We fired Jeff Fisher and Goff is good now

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

I'm fine with this although I'm pretty sure now that the Rams first pick in the draft is number 81 or something. No wonder they were so active in FA they had to be. Kinda disappointed at losing that first round pick considering there is no second or third, but at least Cooks is a proven contributor although I doubt they'll get as much out of him as Brady did.

They now have

3 - 87
4 - 111
4 - 135
4 - 136
6 - 176
6 - 183
6 - 194
6 - 195
6 - 198

Less 1 of those 6th rounders. I guess they figure Wade Phillips can pull some starting linebackers out of what's on the roster/late round picks and UDFAs. They'll draft a bunch of OL now too.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams own

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Cassel seems like a poor backup for Stafford, they would have to completely change the offense if Stafford got hurt

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

👏THERE👏ARE👏NO👏GOOD👏OWNERS👏IN👏PROFESSIONAL👏SPORTS👏

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

My favourite thing to happen on punts is when you have 2 returners and one fakes like the ball is coming to them so all the tacklers go to him. Meanwhile the ball is on the other side of the pitch.

Works rarely but loving amazing when it does

This was Tavon Austin's finest moment on a football field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fioVbt7eF8

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

:toxx: If incognito makes the HoF I'll stop watching NFL football forever

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

All of those are awful, I would be embarrassed to wear any of those hats

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

No more colour rush

https://twitter.com/sportsradiopd/status/983815926171578368

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I know how we feel about Dream Teams but who the gently caress can stop the Rams on paper if Goff doesn't regress?

1 injury to the O-Line could derail them completely, either that or maybe Watkins had a way bigger impact than what his on-field numbers so

On defense, 1 D-Line injury could derail them completely, Wade Phillips could lose his touch with uncovering late round and UDFA linebackers that could prove to be their achilles heel. Talib could horribly regress and Sam Shields could end up doing nothing which would leave them hosed at CB.

There's still a ton that could go wrong with this team.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Keep in mind if someone is a alcoholic and drinks a lot their body can handle a very high BAC that would kill most other people. Aldon Smith needs help.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Well if Kaep didn't have a case already....

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Keith Null going to find an NFL job in 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jacoby Brissett to Dez Bryant sounds like the worst combo in the world

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams trade for Gronk somehow

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Gronk is probably stomping mad over the TB12 training center drama

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Aaron Rodgers is still under contract for 2 years and would either hit free agency at 36 or get franchised. He's the QB not the GM lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

very stable genius posted:

I wish more marquee QBs would test the market. Cousins was a fun story and I need more of that in my life.

Cousins only hit Free Agency because the Redskins are one of the stupidest and worst run teams in the league.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I wonder if giving a player an office like that has to count as spending on the player under the salary cap

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

System QBs win MVP all the time, look at Peyton Manning

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I think I can make out Week 10, Sunday Night, Packers @ Rams

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I forget it, didn't the players want the Rookie Pay Scale because they thought it would mean that more money would flow to veterans instead?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Players liked it, agents don't like it because it takes a lot of the actual work of being an agent out of commission for working with rookies.

Turns out players ended up not liking it too much because what happened is all the saved money ended up flowing to the superstars instead and all the veterans instead got replaced by cheap rookies.

Yeah that's what I figured would end up happening. The Rams have abused the poo poo out of that this year. I wonder what the solution is? Demand higher compensation for rookies, their contracts are already fully guaranteed aren't they?

Also I'm happy that Les Snead is far up on that list and I'm glad the Rams kept him around when they gave Fisher the boot.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

What human being does not own a Brady jersey yet? How the hell...

So many bandwagon fans

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well, the problem is that teams are running with superstars and then filling out the rest of the roster with rookies, right? You'd want to figure out some way to incentivize non-superstar veterans.

Higher compensation for rookies might do that, but personally I think it'd be better to just shorten rookie contracts. 3 years max for a rookie contract, and for high picks the team that drafted them get first crack at giving them a new contract before anyone else in free agency. Something along these lines would help. Shorter contracts mean you can't just plug in a rookie for half a decade at a position for cheap, and it'd equilibrize the market a bit more.

So RFA for all rookies? I like that. I would make the 3 years fully guaranteed as well so it makes it much harder for teams to trade away/for guys in those 3 years as well.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I bet the Saints could do it for a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th and first next year

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I hope the Rams have mostly prime time and nationally televised games this year so I don't have to pay for loving DAZN

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Lmao how the gently caress do you look at the Redskins and Kirk Cousins and come up with “gently caress Kirk Cousins”

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The only that that surprised me about the Rams TNF/SNF/MNF games is they didn't make Rams @ Saints one of them and went with Rams @ Raiders instead

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Mariota will be a bottom 15 QB this year, don't @ me

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The parrot thing sounds like a fun gimmick for the first 2 late round picks or so then incredibly annoying after it delays the Bucs 7th round pick by like 35 minutes after the cannon accidentally goes off and scares the parrot away.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Spoeank posted:

I was trying to think of how the 49ers would do it and panning for gold and the gold is actually the pick would be pretty neato burrito

Seahawks could raise the 12 flag with the pick on it.

The Cardinals could trade their pick for a 35 year old.

Rams is just a male sheep yelling for 5 minutes then it cuts to Les Snead and he clears his throat and reads the pick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4H2-wYiOs

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Coldforge posted:

Nah, Snead would totally slit that ram’s throat and read the pick from its entrails.

"We traded this dead Ram and our 3rd round pick for OBJ!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Do that thing that Texas Roadhouse does and cover your sweet potatoes in marshmallows and caramel.

• Locked thread