Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
This poll is closed.
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 9 12.68%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 10 14.08%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 9 12.68%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 10 14.08%
gently caress Duke 33 46.48%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ColdBlooded posted:

I like how one of the reasons they have Wisconsin at #15 is:

"With the addition of talent (No. 59 recruiting class) coming in, expect the Badgers back in the dance."

Yes, those warm bodies (currently the 11th rated class in the B10) are going to get Wisconsin back to the tournament lol

yes but are you factoring in greg gard: silent assassin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hahaha no, we suck eggs.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

gently caress UConn and gently caress Geno.

I can't blame them for being good, or any of their players for wanting to go there.

But I can still be a hater.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

Parity has increased in the sense that the rest of the top tier can now occasionally beat UConn

UConn fans are unbelievably mad about this and blame it on the AAC

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Looking back, this stretch of games isn't looking so bad for the Gators

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Predictably, Malik Newman declaring and hiring an agent.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston's now a Jordan Brand school. I guess this means they no longer have to pay for their sneakers. Hoping UH football is next on the menu:

https://twitter.com/D_D_Bass/status/982274921001664512

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

SKJ :cry: I mean he's not a big part of the team but it was exciting to watch UK for about 3 weeks this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I guess this is new? More indictments in the Adidas FBI thing. Adidas execs are accused of funneling 40k to Dennis Smith Jr's dad so he'd go to NC State, and 90k to Josh Jackson's mom for Kansas.

e: Oh the article references Jackson. Dan Wetzel says it isn't him. There's this from a guy I am not familiar with:

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/983837790600384513

Preston would seem to make sense I guess.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 11, 2018

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
My experience with NC State and the NCAA is that they will burn everything down and salt the earth, so that's what I expect. Though the filing is pretty clear that adidas and all involved coaches went to great lengths to conceal the payment, and it's not like having Dennis Smith did anything for them vs. not having him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not only does Billy Preston make sense I kind of expected it. They say when someone suddenly sits the first game of the regular season that you should assume the worst. I bet Preston's mom got money and bought that Charger and then he promptly wrecked it and then the subsequent investigation brought some poo poo to light.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State got a commit from a 5-star recruit yesterday, so that's cool. First since D'Angelo Russell I believe.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kittenmittons posted:

Ohio State got a commit from a 5-star recruit yesterday, so that's cool. First since D'Angelo Russell I believe.

They also got a transfer. CJ Walker from FSU. I'm a little mad because Butler was about to get a visit with him before he decided.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
This has a better chance of actually happening than UNLV winning the Mountain West in the next few years

Oh yeah the president of UNLV was also forced out by the board of regents so everything is grand and not at all dysfunctional

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern adds apparently highly-sought Evansville grad transer Ryan Taylor who is apparently legit?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Speaking of which, where is the one Evansville fan and why the gently caress didn't he tell me that his team hired known war criminal Todd Lickliter as an assistant????

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MourningView posted:

Speaking of which, where is the one Evansville fan and why the gently caress didn't he tell me that his team hired known war criminal Todd Lickliter as an assistant????

Lmfaoooooo I was going to post about it, but I wanted President Peanut to break the news to you.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Isaac Haas is being sued for giving a girl the herp.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mo Wagner hired an agent

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mark Smith is transferring to Mizzou from the Illini. He has to sit out this year, but should be a nice addition to the 19-20 squad.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Gotta say, when Yurtseven got his release, I didn't see "transfer to Georgetown" among the most likely outcomes.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

kittenmittons posted:

Yeah - also going to get hit with recruiting violations. Hell of a week.

Side Note - Michigan's 2018/2019 Big Ten schedule may be easier than the one Nebraska had this year.

Home: vs Nebraska, vs Ohio State, vs Purdue
Road: at Illinois, at Iowa, at Rutgers
Home/Road: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, Wisconsin

Michigan is going to lose like 3 games next year if Poole pulls his defense together and Teske hits some threes (apparently he cans them regularly in practice).

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Evansville guard Dru Smith is transferring to Mizzou. Sorry Peanut President :(

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mike_V posted:

Evansville guard Dru Smith is transferring to Mizzou. Sorry Peanut President :(

rumor is that between the Smiths and a 4* from Sunrise Christian (aka the school that gave the world Buddy Hield) Courtney Ramey might think that there's no space left for him and will thus choose Oklahoma State

also free advice to Dave Matter/Tod Palmer or whoever else the Star has on its Mizzou beat: use the headline "HOW SOON IS NOW?" if MU's bad without Mark/Dru, and then when they get eligible write a preview with the headline "THESE CHARMING MEN". come to think of it, loads of The Smiths song titles describe supporting Mizzou: Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, I Started Something I Couldn't Finish, and more.

e: Ramey ended up signing for Texas.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 28, 2018

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

NC State landed Samford transfer center Wyatt Walker. He's a grad transfer with two years of eligibility remaining, which is weird, but I guess he'll have time to get a proper MA.

He'll walk straight into the lineup since Yurtseven's transfer left State with no frontcourt experience.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
What’s this? College Basketball news in March?!?

Grad transfer guard Khwan Fore from Richmond picked the Vols. Anyone know anything about him?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In real news Romeo Langford chose Indiana.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

In real news Romeo Langford chose Indiana.

Also Bryce Golden chose Butler! I'm happy!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

What’s this? Tennesee fans posting in the thread in March?!?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Fine gently caress you guys :mad:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's cool, friend. Be excited for your team!!

I'd answer your question if I knew who he was.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

I joke, but think it's cool and good because it means the SEC isn't a loving trash heap anymore. Well, maybe we still are, but we're working to not be, and that's the most important thing.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Sadly I think Mizzou is gonna be near the bottom of the SEC this coming season and I think NIT should be the goal. 19-20 and beyond, though, should be really fun.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Sadly I think Mizzou is gonna be near the bottom of the SEC this coming season and I think NIT should be the goal. 19-20 and beyond, though, should be really fun.

Hey now, Cullen Vanleer might be healthy before the season!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Well, it looks like Arizona is going to end up with a fairly okay team after all. It's not going to be a team with three or four NBA players, but there are some good transfers and Williams recommitting is pretty solid. Oregon is still the prohibitive favorite for the Pac-12 but Arizona should hopefully be in the mix for the tournament.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Mike_V posted:

I agree next year will be a down year. Thankfully not as down as the three previous years.

I just hope fans don't act dumb and get all pissy that the team took a step back.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Sacha Killeya-Jones is transferring to NC State. And Saddiq Bey asked for his release. Also they added a grad transfer from FIU, Eric Lockett. Busy couple of days.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Looks like Kelvin Sampson is going to the Orlando Magic. Kind of a shame, it was nice for there to be a basketball team at Houston for once.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Coach k is bad at coaching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
2019 SEC/Big 12 Challenge matchups announced:

Alabama at Baylor
Iowa State At Ole Miss
Kansas at Kentucky
Kansas State at Texas A&M
Vanderbilt at Oklahoma
South Carolina at Oklahoma State
Florida at TCU
Texas at Georgia
Arkansas at Texas Tech
West Virginia at Tennessee

Kentucky's schedule next year now includes Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, and Kansas. Also have games against Seton Hall and Utah.

• Locked thread