Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
This poll is closed.
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 9 12.68%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 10 14.08%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 9 12.68%
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed 10 14.08%
gently caress Duke 33 46.48%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Bird in a Blender posted:

NCAA basketball is really tough to get into the first month. It's lots of games against bad teams with the occasional tournament, that may also involve a lot of bad teams. Plus it's the heart of football season. I barely even pay attention to basketball, pro and college, until Christmas.

Oh no I get it, there's always a lot of "why are we playing this team" in November, and football definitely dominates. I was more making commentary on how good Kentucky has been in football this year, and the fact that we play Duke a week from tonight to open the season but all anyone is talking about is the game against Geogria on Saturday.

We're definitely a basketball first school, but we do have passionate football fans (some of us even prefer football) and when we're finally given the opportunity of a once in a lifetime season we are fully bought in. The last time the football team was this good was 1977, and we won the NCAA tournament that same school year in '78. Really hoping history repeats itself this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
https://247sports.com/Article/Prep-school-coach-Mike-Woodbury-curses-at-threatens-transferring-player-Marvens-Petion-124045671/

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

When asked about the clip, Woodbury told Stadium, “I did that. I own that 100 percent.” He said that the clip was just three minutes of a 20-minute conversation.

He also added that he didn’t regret it.

“No. [Expletive] no,” Woodbury said. “Yes and no. I regret the fact I tried to be a father figure. It hurts my heart.”

What a goddamned jackass.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Looking at guys like this, and then being in the middle of the loving awful football mess at Maryland, the only comparison that really seems valid to me anymore is the NCAA and admin classes treating athletes like natives of places they've colonized. They're just raw material to export back to the homeland, to be used up and then spat back out again. The cognitive dissonance just gets worse and worse every day.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

New turquoise uniforms for Native American Heritage Month.

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-n7-college-basketball-jerseys-2018-19

Really like New Mexico’s and OKSt’s.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

elentar posted:

Looking at guys like this, and then being in the middle of the loving awful football mess at Maryland, the only comparison that really seems valid to me anymore is the NCAA and admin classes treating athletes like natives of places they've colonized. They're just raw material to export back to the homeland, to be used up and then spat back out again. The cognitive dissonance just gets worse and worse every day.

This is an en extremely good description of what's going on, yeah.

Also, go Haskell.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV basically needed a buzzer beater to defeat *checks notes* Montana State-Billings

:suicide:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Awkward goofy looking 7'2 John Teske in Michigan's exhibition opener

https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/1058517111516119041

it's happening

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU is not the #1 team in the nation btw they are going to get blown out by Michigan State.

Deidric Lawson is amazing though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Awkward goofy looking 7'2 John Teske in Michigan's exhibition opener

Speaking of 7'2" guys I'd forgotten all about Bol Bol after seeing some highlights of him clowning kids who were a foot shorter than him in jr high a few years ago. Uh....his game (and general athleticism) is not what I expected it to be.

https://twitter.com/GoDucks/status/1058211796266319875

I just assumed he was going to end up a spindly plodder who was just taller than most everyone. Not, like, taking guys off the dribble. Even if these are guys from some random D2 team.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU loses to Penn State 84-82 in a charity game. Both teams were without starters, but I think they both looked pretty solid.

WVU is going to struggle in the backcourt, but will be much better with Beetle Bolden back. Penn State is going to win some games in the Big Ten, was really impressed with them.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Speaking of 7'2" guys I'd forgotten all about Bol Bol after seeing some highlights of him clowning kids who were a foot shorter than him in jr high a few years ago. Uh....his game (and general athleticism) is not what I expected it to be.

https://twitter.com/GoDucks/status/1058211796266319875

I just assumed he was going to end up a spindly plodder who was just taller than most everyone. Not, like, taking guys off the dribble. Even if these are guys from some random D2 team.

How is Oregon’s court legal? :barf:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Season starts tomorrow, get hype or get hosed*

* Duke folks and other selected fanbases obviously should do both

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

tadashi posted:

How is Oregon’s court legal? :barf:

It grows on you after five to twenty years of looking at it.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

elentar posted:

Season starts tomorrow, get hype or get hosed*

* Duke folks and other selected fanbases obviously should do both

i sure am hyped for a bottom half finish in the mountain west

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

last time i was excited for unlv basketball they hired an up and coming coach and then the coach left a week later

Reno is gonna boatrace all of us.

Obligatory gently caress going to Laramie.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Reno is gonna boatrace all of us.

Obligatory gently caress going to Laramie.

look maybe in another 5 years unlv won't be the young and inexperienced team they have been for the past 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
New thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873510

• Locked thread