Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9tASPaydcQ Yamantaka // Sonic Titan - Hall of Mirrors

You make your way through the crisp autumn morning to the Asylum Arena. Phia awaits in the hall, bedecked in the team's trademark studded faux-leather logo jacket and a white t-shirt that reads "C*MM*N B*TCH" in bold pink letters. As way of greeting, she gestures to a nearby table where you see five piping hot coffees, probably brewed on-site no more than two minutes ago. The coffee carries the vague quality of tar and the aftertaste of cigarette butts like her usual, but it wakes you up like nothing else. A couple minutes pass with her hardly saying anything, busy on her phone as the team files in. It gives you time to think on your impending match. Later today, you face off against American Made in the fourth of a five-fight series to determine who gets to challenge for #1 Contendership. After an explosive first match win, you've since suffered two unfortunate losses to your fellow hungry upstarts. It's impossible to understate how much today's match means for you. American Made is at match point in a series you can't afford to lose. If you can win today, though, you'd be that much closer to the #1 Contendership. That much closer to the Championship. That much closer to superstardom. It's close enough you can just barely taste it, like a drop on the tip of your tongue, and it leaves you ravenous for the whole thing. Ravenous for victory. Determination fills you as the last of you makes their way through the doors. All gathered, the last of you only just has time to take their first sip of coffee when Phia looks up with a mischievous smirk, leveling her phone at you.


"Camera's on."

Perfectly on cue, half of American Made comes barrelling down the hall opposite Phia, talking excitedly amongst themselves.

"You should have looked into their eyes after our last win. They were shaken. We have the mental advantage now-"
Neon Musa seemingly just then notices you and looks over, expression unreadable behind his video glasses, "-and they know it. Doubt begets doubt. The first match was a fluke. A stroke of luck, and I think you know. Do you think you can beat us again, I wonder?"
"It doesn't matter what they think. The record speaks for itself. Roxie Ruinous, you knocked Diamond Trinh out once. One time. Hey, that's not bad. Most people can't say that. But you should hold that memory dear. You can think about it when you're having a good time, brag about it to your dates, because that's the only time you're even going to come close! To laying a finger on Diamond Trinh. And that's the closest you're going to get to any kind of notoriety around here, because we're just one match away from beating you, one more match away from beating the Executioners, and when we beat the champs? All eyes are going to be on the Diamond."
"Hey, who knows what the fates are going to deal? A lot can happen in a match. I can't tell you exactly how things are going to go down. I can tell you one thing, though. I've been training harder, working harder, to prepare for these matches than I've ever worked before. Even harder than I worked when I won my gold medal. And if I proved myself to be the best in the world then, just think of what I'm going to accomplish now. Do what thou wilt, you're definitely not going to stop us. You're not going to stop me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Caelynn, the Rose Knight

It was true, the matches hadn't exactly gone in the Furies' favor. Still, Kate kept a poker face, trying to look mostly nonchalant. "You know, Diamond, you could take a page from Lane's book." She can't help but give a smile, one that's almost as bright as her armor, which she spent most of last night buffing out and polishing to make sure it looked good for the cameras. "Your arrogance is unbecoming." The Rose Knight pats the pommel of her sword. "All eyes will be on you, this is true; but your victory is not yet assured, in spite of what you believe. The Furies' reign won't be on the back of unearned boasts. We will bleed, yes. We will suffer. But on my honor as a knight, you shan't see another victory against us. And the people will see you when your pride becomes your fall."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Arriving at the Asylum was always disappointing. The utilitarian decor, the dust and filth that will never leave a building after a minimum period of neglect, the low maximum capacity. As the Furies passed into the meeting room they passed the solitary janitor pretending to push a broom until his shift ended or all eyes had left the hallway, whichever came first. Vivi was basking in Roxie's attention and pleasant conversation, almost stepping along at the same rate as her shadow. She had a little plan in mind today and didn't want just anyone to see it too soon. Vivi did pause as the last one into the room to turn, smile and wave at the custodian, revealing a big showy sheathed knife on her waist. Then she slid in and beamed at Phia, joining the rest of the team at the table! At a petite 5'2" she looked like a younger sister invited along as a favor.

Their manager was tough but fair, honest if crude. Very similar to the refreshments. Olfactory summary of the coffee was passable and Vivi was preparing for that first sip when American Made stepped in. Time for a bit of entertainment. True, most of AM was terribly large, and formidable, and the very definition of stately sportsmen. Apex athletes and downright scary in the Square. But losing face past the actual losses was inexcusable. Today Vivi sits up straight and produces the simple black-handled dagger, using it to puncture a small hand-made bag of vitae. She hums sweetly as bold words are exchanged and adds the seasoning to her coffee, briefly inverting the fingernail of her index finger to stir as with a spoon. As Lane and Caelynn sounds off Vivi takes her coffee and sips it in perfect formal form.

"Don't you think it's time we put these crude sound bites aside?" She sets her cup down and turns to smile at Caelynn, then turns again to smile at American Made! The motion causes a collection of jewelry around her neck to swish and sway, clattering lightly. Today Vivi has extended her hair to the middle point of her back, raven black hair with an unsubtle violet sheen in the light, matching the sultry see-through dress she is wearing. Sheer material covers most of her and thicker material provides for modesty and a few thin designs made of simple lines, such as a a horned head and a striking star. "I'm very grateful to American Made for giving the Furies such a dramatic debut. Anyone would agree that a story without lows is very boring, and now that you have everyone worried about our chances, we are eternally grateful for your sacrifice in raising us to the Championship Stage!" Vivi speaks cheerfully, eyes almost entirely closed, head bobbing to the side with the sheer excitement of her declaration. A solid gold metal circle on a simple necklace bounces against a silver silhouette of triple moons.

Vivi giggles and raises a hand to make a magnanimous sweeping gesture, her body stocking connected by an elegant strand from arm to ring finger. "I promise to never forget your kindness." If she can identify the actual, physical camera... she'll open her eyes just to wink at it!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2018 around 02:06

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Roxie was always up early on match days, like a child on Buena Noche waiting for the evening's fireworks, festivities, and gifts. The ritual nature of her mornings, both mundane and spiritual, were what had transformed her into the gleeful killer her adoring fans knew. By the time she had made her way to the Asylum she was ready to face anything. Except Phia's coffee. Steering well clear of the toxic substance, Roxie enters the hall with a small smile, waving to each of her teammates in turn. As soon as the camera arrives her posture becomes perfect, her stance dominant, and her smile slides dangerously wide. She eyes her competition in the practiced style of a killer, tempered by previous experience, feasting on their words like a warm broth.

As she listens to Caelynn speak, Roxie nods along, agrees with the sentiment even as she is utterly bored by the way the Knight says it. Of course they would earn their victories. How else did you achieve them? Still, true to character, Caelynn never did disappoint. Vivi's comments are the kind of cloyingly sweet but cutting she has come to expect from the little AI, not at all unlike the majority of her personality. Roxie laughs along with her teammate's jabs, a bright and sunny sound, maybe even genuine mirth!

When she pivots every so slightly towards the camera, the earnest, genuine warmth of her words is like a blanket on a cold winter day, "I guess Trinh is still mad at that little scratch I gave her in the first match," a polite way to describe an expertly placed knife to the spinal column, shutting the woman down instantly, "maybe she should go back to the PAFL before she really gets hurt. If Papa Apone wants to keep his pension he won't be able to carry all these cheap body dupes over the finish line!" she pauses briefly before clutching her metal fist to her lips, the little room suddenly filled with the *hiss* of air sucked through perfect teeth, "Oh. Oh no! Those are your real bodies!?" she swats Vivi's arm playfully, "I thought they looked a bit too jalada to be real!~ Don't worry though, when the Furies take the championship, we'll all send you signed holos for your trophy shelves."

Flexing her mechanical left arm at head level, Roxie turns towards the camera to show off the team's beautiful logo added to the back of her leather jacket.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2018 around 03:05

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

If the shabby state of the arena bothered Siroko Tuuli, she certainly didn't show it. She strode into the room the place like it was stage made just for her, so that her adoring fans might bask in her presence. Exactly how much effort it took to ignore the grungy decor and unwashed floors wasn't clear, but it probably at least matched that she put into perfecting her look or her physique.

So when American Made makes their appearance, there's no switch to flip. Siroko Tuuli is always, for better or worse, all the way turned up.

"What I know," Siroko declares, squaring up to Neon Musa. "Is that American Made will not win another match against us. That will do more than simply beat you. Do not think you are more than footnote in the story of the Furies' ascent. A momentary stumble will make the inevitable triumph all the sweeter, our legend all the greater."

Siroko leans in until her face is nearly touching the other fighter's, more than uncomfortably close. "Look into my eyes, Neon Musa, and tell me again what you see."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


The trading of taunts is interrupted by a bold, ringing laugh that blasts through the air. Mauler Maxima and Axel Apone stride onto the scene, the former grinning ear to ear.

"Roxie Ruinous! Bold talk from someone who couldn't last five seconds in the Maxim of Mutilation!" Maxima points an accusatory finger at you, bicep and brachioradialis taut as she continues to walk forward. "Boldness that will set the foundation for your self destruction." She comes to a stop next to her teammates, lowers her hand, and jerks her head to the side, sending a cascade of blonde curls sailing in front of you. Slowly turning back to face you, she continues, "You could have backed down. In the days after our last match, you could have considered the neck that wouldn't turn, the vertebrae that wouldn't stop hurting, and decided to put your longevity ahead of your pride. But you persisted. You recovered as much as you could, you gathered your will, and you decided to see through your challenge against the Mauler. The fans would call that admirable. But I've seen the contents of your heart. You desire death, Roxie Ruinous. By rising up again to rail against the American Made, you do not seek to take the crown, but to dash yourself once more against the rocks! Well, you will not need to wait much longer. In just a few short hours, your self-destruction will finally culminate."

Meanwhile, Musa raises an eyebrow behind his glasses, letting the moment hang in the air as he (presumably) stares back at Siroko. He then lazily raises his left hand to take the glasses off, without a care that he has to brush them across your forehead to do so. While his face remains neutral, his eyes meet yours with matched intensity.
"In you alone I see more than bravado. I see...determination. I see the spirit of a warrior." His usually languid expression hardens, and you can begin to hear a passionate rumble in his voice, low but building. "But warriors die every day. You forget. You are not the only one with spirit. You are not the only one who craves this win - who craves the Crown more than anything. You can find determination any which way you turn. The difference is that we!" He flings his left arm outward, gesturing with his glasses to his team gathered behind him. "Are American Made. We are the difference makers. We are the ones with, yes, the determination - but also the wit and the skill to wear that gold around our heads. You won't have to wait long for proof."

Axel Apone himself is the last to speak. He moves with an ease unlike the others; in the midst of the nine-person shouting match, he seems calm, even comfortable.

"Y'know, when I came to Philadelphia, I thought maybe I'd just sign on a team as a trainer. Find some skilled young fighters, teach them what I know, give them some inspiration. But when I found these four people standing beside me, I got to see first hand their talent. Their power. Their cunning. Their hunger. They ended up being my inspiration. Their fight became my fight, and their hunger to prove themselves...became mine as well. Make no mistake, Furies. I respect you. But you're standing between us and the gold, and that's not a place you want to be in. This. Is our place. Here, in the centre of Philadelphia, the birthplace of America, bathed in the spirit of millions of fans who just like us! Are American Made."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

In the brief silence after everyone catches their breath, a quiet line breaks the stares. "You should have been a trainer, you know. The statistics prove it." In a corner of the room, Erzbet is reading something on a battered tablet. "If you look at the breakdown of your teams over time, they all improved, Mr. Alpone. But you didn't. You were always the weak link. The dead space. Did you ever think about that? I suspect you didn't. Introspection is always the weakness of patriots and fools, and you're both."

She looks up, meets Axel's eyes for the first time ever. Even in matches, Erzbet isn't watching the eyes. It's the hands and feet. She continues in her cultivated eerie monotone. "You should retire while you still have a reputation left to salvage. Train some talent from the background. You do have a knack for it. You could sell workout regimens. Endorse a grill. Do something with your life that isn't failing."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

When the disses fly it doesn't pay for speedsters to pretend they're brutes. Vivian stirs and sips at her coffee with an unmoving smile as Erzbet delivers a nice, cold execution. Pepping up and beaming from where she still sits, Vivi chimes in: "I think it's a great idea! When the Furies win this series, I'd be willing to hire you on, Mister Apone! You'd be like the kindly grandfather I never had.."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko cocks her head as she listens to American Made's proclamations, considering. "You sound," she says slowly and clearly, "like you are trying to sell me a pick-up truck."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Roxie punches Siroko's shoulder with her metal arm, a friendly gesture but not softly, and stage whispers animatedly for the camera, "Híjole, and you can bet that truck is hecho in Mexico or China."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Axel's booming laugh reverberates throughout the room.

"Hell. I'll spot you a truck for free if you need a meat wagon to cart your ragged asses away from your loss today."

Behind you, you can hear Phia shout,
"Camera off! Some real vicious barbs today, I love it. Axel, everyone, see you when I see you. Furies, lunch is at 1. See you then."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


For lunch, Phia takes you to Padmanadi, a nearby Gujarati vegetarian restaurant. It's your third time there as a team, quickly becoming Phia's go-to for pre-match meals for both flavour and practical reasons. The rice, vegetable, and potato-based fare gives your muscles more than enough energy to deliver the split-second athleticism required in the arena. At the same time, the spicy curries, savoury-sweet dals and salty farsan provide a wealth of delectable options for any palate. While some teams famously advocate for a diet stripped of all but the essentials, strictly monitoring every errant nutrient, Phia has never shown any inclination toward having you follow such a spartan lifestyle. Outside of fight days, she doesn't interfere much at all in your food or even training regimen. She figures you know best how to condition yourselves - after all, you haven't gotten this far by failing to hone your skills.

A few hours later and the match is almost upon you. The locker room has somewhat of a mixed atmosphere - only the champions get their own, so you and American Made have to share. Lane meditates, Mauler Maxima stretches, Axel Apone and Diamond Trinh play cards, and Neon Musa runs through katas. A few other fighters poke their heads in now and then. TC Bright of the Flawless Executioners swings by to wish you luck, Boss Ruger of the Steel Jackets sits down to play a couple hands with Apone and Trinh, and trainee fighter Lil Steg makes it known that he's rooting for you because "it's been such a good series, I need to see all five fights!" While Phia normally makes for the recording booth a few minutes before the match starts, she sticks around until the last minute this time, getting you hyped up and exchanging the occasional barb with Trinh.

The time comes. The match is upon you. Phia claps you on the shoulder and pulls you in close with a strength that belies her petite frame. "This is us." She's grinning almost manically and you opt not to guess how many coffees she's had today. "This is so us. We're loving unstoppable! Get out there and gently caress 'em up!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gta8K__-HBE Metal Wolf Chaos Music - I Hate

The lights in the arena dim. You're still standing behind the curtain to the entrance ramp, but you came out first in the last couple fights. You know how this goes. The whole arena goes dark. The only sound to be heard is a rev of Axel Apone's double chainsaw gauntlet. A brief pause. Another rev, coupled with a gout of flame that briefly illuminates the five members of American Made. A brief pause and Axel's chainsaws scream to life alongside a fireball launched into the air, which cues a wave of pyrotechnics, the lights flicking back on, and the roar of the crowd. Their music kicks in. American Made struts down to the arena, all bravado, Axel, Lane and Maxima high-fiving and fist-bumping fans on the way. They mug for the cameras, Musa's video glasses flash "3-1" and they make their way to their starting area.

Their music cuts out. The fans turn their attention back toward the entryway.

It's your time.


ARENA RULES
When standing on a flame pipe, spend a move action (or a minor action if you're trained in Dungeoneering or Thievery): Vent the pipe, dealing 1d6+5 fire damage to each other character standing on it.

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 45 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 61 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17

  • AMD Lane | HP 66 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 66 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 84 / 84 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • Does not grant CA for being flanked.

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 43 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 46 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 56 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • +4 to all defenses against OAs.

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 56 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17

Wol fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2018 around 10:53

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Before: When the cameras are off and the teams have parted ways, Vivian grits her teeth and immediately scurries over to Roxie's side, fuming. She comes to a stop and her cheap jewelry clatters as she reaches up and into her own mouth. With the subtlest wrist twitch she pinches and finishes off the molar she has cracked. She casually discards it along with the necklaces in a waste bin as they walk out. "Oohhhh! It's no fun if they ignore me!" Vivian sulks into lunch, ignoring any need for proper nutrition and settling on an order of malpua. "That was really funny though, the burns about the trucks... he really is that kind of guy. I guess he'll drown to death in some old whiskey when we smash them once and for all." She nibbles on the pastry slices with practiced grace, occasionally dabbing blood from the corner of her mouth with a napkin. "I thought the joke was "hecho en Canada"... the Sonoran full-body is the coolest, you know..." One of her irises does a 90 degree rotation as she parses. "And of the utmost reliability."

---

Combat: The dress was cute so Vivian stuck with that much! As the Furies suit up Vivian simply sits and analyzes historical match data. Reviewing their losses was irritating but of all the Furies she had the most experience with stomaching a loss. For their well-wishers Vivian has a radiant smile waiting, and those who deal with American Made just have one eye moving of it's own accord, watching them until they leave through passing bodies and solid lockers... when Lil Steg stops by Vivian perks up! "You can watch me fight all the way to the top~"

Phia's pre-match pump up is nothing on the real deal. Basking in the entrance theatrics is a better high than the best preservation fluids and opiates. Vivian's Combat Model does not wear anything flashy, instead being a solid full-body armor with reflective paneling, her arms stripped of any miscellaneous paneling over the array of blades set among the finger framing, her forearms exposed to reveal the priming salvo for her larger impaling apparatuses. Whatever the Furies overall entrance theming may be, Vivian is sure to enshroud herself in distinctive flaming pink-purple hologram halo lighting until the call for combat goes out. She preens and gestures like a delicate bird and blows a few kisses... then it's time for business.

"I am ready to synchronize for efficient slaughter. What is the plan..." A series of four considerations pass quickly. "Caelynn?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2018 around 19:03

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




Caelynn keeps her head high when she walks into the arena; at an appropriate moment, she draws her sword, and it seems the light reflects in such a way to create a shining beacon off the point; though really, the light seems too low for that in this particular arena. And then the moment is gone, and she joins the rest of the Furies on the way to their starting point. As they walk, her eyes shift to take in the lay of the land, and the pipes running along the ground. This arena was new, but the walls were a good addition in their favor. If they could only create a chokepoint...

And then Vivi asks her for the plan, and Kate blinks. "Me? I..." She takes a breath, peeking around the wall. "Okay. We know where things go wrong; we have to play it safe this match." She shares a look with the party. "We keep Maxima away from Siroko; that's not a diss on your ability to go toe-to-toe, Siroko, but we need our thunder god to keep the rest busy as much as possible, and you can't do that if you're wrestling. We try not to let Axel get a bunch of us in front of him; that chainsaw has some mean reach, and I don't want him to carve through us. And we make sure not to let Musa split us up." Her voice gets more quickened and agitated, the nerd inside of her getting into the hype of the fight.

"Siroko and me can try to keep the chokepoint, over on the left side; I would peel off Maxima if I can, but I'm not sure if I can go mano a mano with 200 pounds of cybermuscle for the entire match." Her eyes focus on Vivi and Roxie. "More importantly; we need to pull off Trinh and pile on her as soon as possible. She's fast, she hits hard; the quicker she's down, the better. And besides, I wanna knock that arrogant so-and-so down a peg." She smiles. "After that, it's Musa or Lane; then Axel and Maxima last, I think. Does that sound good...?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet does her usual thing at the intro- pose dramatically and let Tiger flex and point around her. Let him draw attention away from her anxiety.

This is an important match, so her mind is already running at lightspeed. What can be done to turn this around?

She listens to Caelynn's evaluation and nods, slowly. "Trinh's a good first target, but we keep worrying about Maxima. It might be good if she present a target of opportunity to bring her down first. Tough or not, they lose her early and I think they lose."

She evaluates the floor. "Lane's reaction armor has been hurting us, but it can't react to the floor. We should try to deep fry here."

She snaps her fingers and Tiger is there, again, at her side. He lays his hand on Roxie's shoulder, then steps forward. "Let's do this."

Tiger strides into battle while Erzbet checks the corners.

Erzbet to R7. Summon Spirit, granting Roxie 4 THP. Tiger to P6

K Prime fucked around with this message at Apr 14, 2018 around 15:34

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko poses with her head down until Caelynn lights up the room, at which point she raises her head and arms as the pyrotechnics kick in. As the strategy talk takes place, she punches one fist into the palm of her other hand. "I'll go left and hold the flank. Keep Maxima off me and I'll keep them bottled up, then you can take them apart by pieces." With that, she jogs forward, activating her gauntlets to engage the shielding and power enhancements.

"Are you coming, American Made, is it too hot for you?"

Moving up to L7. Should be able to just reach it.

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 16/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 11/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [1]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Inspiring Fortitude   [ ] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2018 around 02:13

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Alone among Killer's Crown venues, the Asylum Arena features a commentary desk audible in the arena itself. Originating as an audio fuckup in a lower-card match two years back, the crowd ended up loving it. McKnight decided to run with it ever since, creating a unique relationship between the fans and solo commentator Robin Selik that's only served to add to the venue's cult status. Plenty of global fans may find it annoying, but for the true Philadelphia diehards, it's just one more charming idiosyncrasy that makes the place feel so much like home. No sooner has Erzbet taken the first step out of the starting area, you hear Robin's brash contralto from the commentary desk high above the arena.

"First moves from the Furies pretty much like you'd expect, except that Siroko is outpacing her usually quicker teammates. Must be hot under the collar after that heated exchange of words with Neon Musa earlier today. And speaking of - looks like Musa is of the same mind, not on his usual advancing wall schtick - wait, is that-"

Neon Musa sprints full bore toward Siroko, leaping into the air as he approaches. The crowd erupts - they know what's about to happen. At the apex of his leap, he unsheathes his blade. With the force of his fall, he impales Siroko just under the left shoulder. The tip of his blade strikes the floor, pinning her to the ground as a shower of sparks fly up and coalesce, trapping her amidst the now-solid pink explosion. A chant of gently caress 'em up, Neon, gently caress 'em up! erupts from the crowd.

"Neon Thunder Strike! American Made isn't getting cocky, folks, they're looking to make a statement!"

With a flourish, Musa withdraws and sheathes his sword, leaving behind a solid trail that still sticks painfully right through Siroko's shoulder and blocks vision around her with a wide pink arc. As if the difficulty of moving wasn't enough, Siroko can feel Lane's basic hex fall on her, threatening to clumsify her further should she make one wrong movement.

"Walk right into pain, that's the Siroko style. I wouldn't want to be her right now, but she did get American Made to extend themselves pretty far to get her. Guess we'll see if the rest of the Furies can take advantage of her, uh, 'noble sacrifice'."


Lane double moves to D9.
Lane uses Fool's Hex, targeting Siroko. If Siroko misses with an attack before the end of her next turn, she cannot take immediate or opportunity actions until the start of her following turn.

Neon Musa moves to G2.
Neon Musa attacks with Neon Thunder Strike! Charge to K6, targeting Siroko. 1d20+9 = 22 vs Ref (hit). Siroko takes 27 damage. Siroko is restrained UEoMNT. Her square becomes blocking terrain UEoMNT, though she can still be targeted as normal.

Axel Apone double moves to H8.



ARENA RULES
When standing on a flame pipe, spend a move action (or a minor action if you're trained in Dungeoneering or Thievery): Vent the pipe, dealing 1d6+5 fire damage to each other character standing on it.

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 45 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 34 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17
    • Fool's hex; Restrained

  • AMD Lane | HP 66 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 66 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 84 / 84 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • Does not grant CA for being flanked.

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 43 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 46 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 56 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • +4 to all defenses against OAs.

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 56 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




She could hear Musa's attack hitting, even if she couldn't see it. The swordsman could hit hard when he wanted to, but Siroko was made of tougher stuff than that. Caelynn exchanges glances with the ladies remaining in the starting area and starts to flank left, pulling up to the wall for a moment and taking out the amulet from under her armor. It's a silver locket, inscribed - of course - with red lines in the shape of a rose. "In nomine matris, et puellam, et honestae strigae. Amen." A spectral white thorn shimmers into being over Musa's heart; not hurting him, yet, but the threat was there. Caelynn tucks the amulet away again and tightens the grip on her sword, ready for the blows to come, and in it seems a residual effect of her prayer, it blazes with a holy light much like her intro; but this time, the light is focused, almost piercing.

Move; to P3.
Move; to M2.
Minor; Warlock's Curse on Musa.
Free; Activate Sunblade, turning all damage with it to radiant.


pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 20    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Bargain                      [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Hold Fast          
Divine Sanction         [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Witchfire

Item Powers
    Sunblade Greatsword (At-Will)
[ ] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: Bonus to defenses from attacks more than 5 squares away.
Eladrin Will: +5 to saves vs Charm. 
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit.
Seeker of Illefarn: Reroll nat 1 once/encounter.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Following the swell of the crowd, Vivian waits patiently while a mantra of one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, etc loops in her head along with a small metronome graphic. The wave of appreciative ohhhhs lets her know that it is time. She soundlessly glides past her teammates, around the wall, swivels her head at the neck while maintaining perfect balance and identifies a prime target.

With her arm bent upward so her fingers are touching her own shoulder, Vivian lashes the arm out and releases tension at the index finger. A surge of electricity accelerates the pop of the fired finger-blade and it finds a new home in Axel's trapezius for the nanoseconds it takes to pass and spill blood. First Blood for The Furies leaves Vivi feeling very satisfied, but she can do better. She was aiming for his shades! A new blade slides into place beneath her finger frame with a loud ratcheting click.

Move: Move to P7
Standard: Throw Dagger at Axel for 8 Damage.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 43/43 (T:)    	AC:	22	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 2/2 (V: 10)	For:	15	Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +7		Ref:	19	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	18      Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial	
Resist: Necrotic 5
Vulnerable: Radiant 5

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Dark Beckoning		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Taste of Life	        [ ] Guidance of the Past   [ ] Unfettered Hunger
Vampire Slam            [ ] Darkfire               [ ] Bloodthirst(I)
False Bravado           [ ] Feral Assault                  
Acrobat Boots           [ ] Strength of Blood       
                        [ ] Cunning Sneak       
                        [ ] Gloaming(I)

CLW [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Clarity [ ] [ ] [ ]

Implement: +10 Attack, +13 Damage (+14 vs Bloodied)
MBA: +13 Attack, 1d4+4
RBA: +13 Attack, 1d4+7

Passives:
Ghost of the Past: Free Guidance use for History/encounter
Enduring Soul: Regen 3 when Bloodied

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2018 around 13:49

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Quote isn't edit.)

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Coming down the ramp into the arena, Roxie's high octane leaps, flips and roars make her impossible to miss, but she is courteous and reins them in once the spotlight has passed to another.

Analysts and detractors accused her of being hot under-the-collar, and last match she paid for it, so this time she tries to channel the wisdom aspect of Big Quetzy. Fight better, not harder. Siroko in front was a good start, and judging by the sounds and the ever present announcer, American Made overextended. Even better! Following her teammates around the left wall, she doesn't have a good angle on any targets, so she continues forward to get a better view on the right approaches, giving her a lot of options.

Double Move: to P11

pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
HP : 46/46 (THP: 4)    Passive Insight    : 11    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 11    Normal         21/16/22/17
Initiative : +7        Vision : Normal            vs. OAs        +3/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               
Piercing Strike            Sly Flourish                   Great Leap

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [ ] Jumping Blade Assault      [ ] Dragon Breath
[ ] Disciplined Counter    [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Handspring Assault     [ ] Staggering Assault

Items::
[ ] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Jacket (Daily, Free)

MBA: +13 attack, 1d4+4 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+5
RBA: +13 attack, 1d4+7 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+8
SA: +2d8

Passives:
Ritual Killer: CA vs. Slow, Immob, Weak, and enemies that have not acted
Refreshing Breeze: Dragon's Breath hits only enemies, and allies inside the zone gain +1 to attacks UEONT
Stuntwoman: Ranged and Area attacks don't provoke

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


"Rest of the Furies coming out playing it cool. Dunno what kind of strategy it is to just have one member come in hot, but hey, looks like we're all gonna get the blood we came to see. And here comes Diamond Trinh-"

Trinh rounds the corner of American Made's starting area, quickly spots her opportunity, then breaks out into a sprint. Lunging into Siroko with all her momentum, she smashes a glowing fist into Siroko's lower ribs. For Siroko, being stuck amidst the neon spikes with no room to roll with the punch makes it all the more painful. For her part, Trinh uses the solid structure to post off of, rolling back behind her teammate's guarding blade.

"You think you can stand up against the Diamond?" Trinh smirks, showing teeth as bright as the energy glowing around her gauntlets. "Come try me and we'll see who shatters." The crowd seems divided on this, taking up a chorus of DIA-MOND SHA-TTER backed by equally loud boos.

"Hey, there's nothing saying you have to fight fair! Impressed Siroko is still left standing after those two brutal hits, though. We've seen some pretty experienced fighters who can't take that one-two punch."

Mauler Maxima moves to J11.

Diamond Trinh moves to E4.
Diamond Trinh charges to K6, targeting Siroko. 1d20+13 = 29 vs AC (hit). Siroko takes 18 radiant damage. Diamond Trinh shifts to J6.



ARENA RULES
When standing on a flame pipe, spend a move action (or a minor action if you're trained in Dungeoneering or Thievery): Vent the pipe, dealing 1d6+5 fire damage to each other character standing on it.

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 45 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 16 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17
    • Bloodied; Fool's hex; Restrained

  • AMD Lane | HP 66 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 66 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • WC

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 76 / 84 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • Does not grant CA for being flanked.

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 43 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 46 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 56 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • +4 to all defenses against OAs.

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 56 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17

Wol fucked around with this message at Apr 16, 2018 around 01:51

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet considers the positioning from her hidey-hole and sighs. "Could be worse." She gestures, stepping into the light, and Tiger vanishes- only to reappear at Siroko's side, scooping flame around his ghostly hands and slamming Trinh with a meaty forearm. "TIGER HOOK!" As she stumbles, blaze beginning to catch on her clothing, a skeletal hand thrusts suddenly forward and jams a finger right into her kidneys.

Tiger turns and glares at his sister as Trinh begins to sputter and cough, the breath knocked out of her. Erzbet looks away and shrugs. Tiger vanishes to argue with his sister in the spirit realm while in his wake, the fight continues.

No Action - Dismiss spirit
Move - Erzbet to P7
Minor - Spirit resummon in K8 - 4 THP to Siroko
Standard Scorching Sands vs Reflex (Trinh): 1d20+10 28 1d8+7 14
Trinh gains Vuln 5 Fire. Myself + Siroko can choose to use Fire for our attacks UEomNT
Tiger vanishes.
No Action - Low blow. Trinh is Dazed UEomNT

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music
			 
HP : 45/45 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 21    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 21    Normal         19/16/18/19
Initiative : +6        Vision : Low-Light         vs. OAs        +4/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]       

At Will               
Spirit's Wrath              Spirit Infusion                Voice of Battle
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[ ][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [X ] Low Blow      
[ ] Speak With Spirits     [ ] Beguiling Strands          [ ] Engaging Pursuit
[X]Scorching Sands         [ ] Granite Armor              [ ] Second Wind       
 
Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [ ] Shrieking Wind Spirits

Items::
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Potion (Minor)

MBA: +9 attack, 1d8+5
RBA: +3 attack, 1d4+1

Passives:
Tome Expertise: Enemies adjacent to Tiger Fury grant CA
Spirit of Vigor: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury's summon get +Int temp HP
Forest Walk: Plant-based difficult terrain is ignored
Calm Mind: +2 to saves against daze, dominate, stun
Resplendent Gloves: +2 damage when attacking Will. 
If it is an Illusion attack, targets grants CA to me.

K Prime fucked around with this message at Apr 16, 2018 around 03:12

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

For a moment, American Made's blows rain down and Siroko reels, and it looks like its the Furies who have overextended.

For a moment.

Then Siroko turns back towards them, standing back up straight, no where near as fazed as she should be. She roars defiance in Musa and Trinh's faces, giving heart to her allies. She looks over at the hard light holding her, then wrenches her arm free, and leaps. In flash of lighting and clap of thunder, Siroko is suddenly behind Musa, her gauntleted fist crashing down on his face, delivering a stunning blow as he turns to try and track her.

"The only thing that's been shattered is your hope of victory!" With the two opponents near her stumbling, Siroko adopts a ready stance, waiting for a chance to strike.

Using Inspiring Fortitude. Siroko uses her Second Wind, spending two healing surges due to Cloak of the Walking Wounded, and the rest of the party all get 13 THP.

Action Point to use Thunder Step. Teleport to K5.
Thunder Step vs Reflex (vs Neon Musa): 1d20+11 26 2d10+10 19
Musa is dazed (save ends).

Mark adjacent enemies (Musa and Trinh) UEoMNT as a free action.


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 46/61 (THP: 4)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 11/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [x] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [x] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2018 around 03:15

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


"I have an idea! Follow me, Axel!"

Lane sprints across the battlefield, past the fracas with Siroko, Trinh and Musa. She launches herself into the air when she reaches Erzbet and Vivian, landing a flying kick to the side of the latter's head, sending both careening across the arena floor.

"Devastating shining apprentice from the shining apprentice of American Made!" The call elicits passionate boos from a section of the crowd, with one lone fan standing up and delivering a passionate gently caress-YOU RO-BIN. Robin shouts back, "eyes on the match, fella, that was picture perfect! Siroko showing some real tenacity here, showing that no matter how hard she gets hit she will not. stay. down. After such a brutal alpha strike, she's forcing American Made to switch up their strategy. Smart switch from them, though - I think I know exactly what Lane was thinking with that maneuver, and as Axel walks up - hell yeah, that's it, he's got the barbecue sauce! It's not my place to say it, but-"

"Welcome to the cookout!" Axel throws his canister of...you're not quite sure what it is, something in the vicinity of napalm, but he throws it right at Erzbet and shoots it out of the air with a burst from his flamethrower. It explodes right in front of her, sending a wave of unbearable flame exploding across Erzbet, Vivi and Roxie. To make matters worse for Erzbet, Axel gives the flame pipe below them a strategically placed kick, engulfing her in even more fire.

Lane moves to J7.
Lane uses Fool's Hex, targeting Vivian. If Vivian misses with an attack before the end of her next turn, she cannot take immediate or opportunity actions until the start of her following turn.
Lane attacks with Boon of Vigor! Charge to O7, targeting Vivian and Erzbet. Vivian: 1d20+11 = 13 vs AC (miss). Fate's Thread! 1d20+11 = 25 vs AC (hit). Erzbet: 1d20+11 = 25 vs AC (hit). Vivian and Erzbet take 14 damage. Vivian is slid to P9. Erzbet is slid to O10. Lane shifts to P8.

Axel Apone moves to M10.
Axel attacks with Carolina Barbecue! Area burst 1 centred on O10, targeting Vivian, Erzbet and Roxie. Vivian: 1d20+11 = 18 vs Fort (hit). Erzbet: 1d20+11 = 27 vs Fort (hit). Roxie: 1d20+11 = 12 vs Fort (miss). Vivian and Erzbet gain ongoing 5 fire and vulnerable 5 fire (save ends). Roxie gains vulnerable 5 fire (save ends).
The burst creates a zone that lasts UEoE. Any creature that enters a square in the zone or starts their turn there takes 5 fire damage (limit 1/turn for each creature).
Axel activates the flame pipe! Erzbet takes 16 fire damage (incl. vuln).

Neon Musa attacks with Neon Slash. Close wall 2 within 2 squares, targeting Siroko. 1d20+10 = 12 vs AC (miss).
Musa creates a wall of blocking terrain between squares K5-K6 and J5-J6. The wall lasts UEoMNT.
Saving Throw vs. Dazed: 11



ARENA RULES
When standing on a flame pipe, spend a move action (or a minor action if you're trained in Dungeoneering or Thievery): Vent the pipe, dealing 1d6+5 fire damage to each other character standing on it.

Carolina Barbecue / orange zone: Any creature that enters a square in the zone or starts their turn there takes 5 fire damage (limit 1/turn for each creature).

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 28 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19
    • Ongoing 5 fire & vuln 5 fire

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 46+4 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17
    • +2 defenses

  • AMD Lane | HP 66 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 47 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • Marked (Siroko); WC

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 76 / 84 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • Does not grant CA for being flanked.

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43+13 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 42 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18
    • Fool's hex; Ongoing 5 fire & vuln 5 fire

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 46+13 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17
    • Vuln 5 fire

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 42 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • +4 to all defenses against OAs.; Dazed; Marked (Siroko); Vuln 5 fire

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 56 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17

Wol fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2018 around 10:23

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




Musa's wall goes up, and the plan goes out the window. Behind her, the rush of flames and screams of pain. "Damnit! Siroko, fall back! The others are in trouble!" Caelynn shouts, drawing her sword up and...running into the wall? But rather than falling back on her shiny metal rear end, the Rose Knight comes out the other side without so much as a scratch, pausing only a moment to touch her chest in a gesture reminiscent of crossing herself, before she barrels down on Axel. "Apone! Don't you know what they say about playing with fire?" Her sword lashes across his chest, and a slap across his face sends him stumbling into his own burning concoction. Without pause, she makes sure she has American Made's leader's attention as she raises her hand high. "You get burnt!" Her hair flows with a burst of magical energy, eyes glossing over a pale white, and Diamond Trinh's arms erupt with white flames. And in the flickering light of the flames and the light of her sword, the Rose Knight casts a harsh shadow across the battlefield.

Move; Fey Step to M7.
Minor; Warlock's Curse on Axel.
Standard; Charge to M9, attacking Axel with Eldritch Strike at 1d20+13=23. Hit for 1d10+6+1d6=16 radiant damage. Slide Axel 1 square to N11 for an additional 5 fire damage for a total of 21 fire and radiant damage.

ACTION POINT!

Standard: Witchfire vs Diamond Trinh at 1d20+11=31. CRIT for 12+11+1d6=27 fire and radiant damage. Diamond Trinh takes -3 to all attacks UEOMNT.


pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: 13)      AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 20    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Bargain                      [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Hold Fast          
Divine Sanction         [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
    Sunblade Greatsword (At-Will)
[ ] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: Bonus to defenses from attacks more than 5 squares away.
Eladrin Will: +5 to saves vs Charm. 
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit.
Seeker of Illefarn: Reroll nat 1 once/encounter.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Vivian stands rooted in her predatory stance as Lane's foot comes, smashes her face, and goes. A moment later Vivi turns her head to follow her *rival* as her legs stagger to the side. Catching herself, Vivi straightens up and keeps tracking Lane with her gaze, head locked into position, one hand rising with blades flickering out.

... Overriding a lot of calls to impale, Vivi thrusts her other other hand out to the side and releases a blinding flash from a hidden lense in her palm! In the span of vision returning she drops low and runs through the flames, her hand reaching out to the side and gripping as she passes Axel. When she comes to a stop outside of the fire and straightens up her hand is coated in deep red blood, a line of viscera leading back to the Barbeque Man's maimed shin.

Vivi pats out any lingering flame on herself, spreading Axel's blood all over her arms and the top of her head. Her skin panels rotate and flicker before she vanishes entirely.

Standard: Swarm of Shadows on Axel for 24 Damage + 5 Ongoing(Save Ends) and teleport to M9, becoming Invisible UEOMNT
Move: Shift to L9
End of Turn: Save vs on Fire, take 20 damage from AoE and Ongoing, drop to 22 and Bloody, Regen 3 back to 25 HP.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 25/43 (T:)    	AC:	22	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 2/2 (V: 10)	For:	15	Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +7		Ref:	19	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	18      Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial	
Resist: Necrotic 5
Vulnerable: Radiant 5

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Dark Beckoning		[ ] Second Wind            [X] Swarm of Shadows
Taste of Life	        [ ] Guidance of the Past   [ ] Unfettered Hunger
Vampire Slam            [ ] Darkfire               [ ] Bloodthirst(I)
False Bravado           [ ] Feral Assault                  
Acrobat Boots           [ ] Strength of Blood       
                        [ ] Cunning Sneak       
                        [ ] Gloaming(I)

CLW [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Clarity [ ] [ ] [ ]

Implement: +10 Attack, +13 Damage (+14 vs Bloodied)
MBA: +13 Attack, 1d4+4
RBA: +13 Attack, 1d4+7

Passives:
Ghost of the Past: Free Guidance use for History/encounter
Enduring Soul: Regen 3 when Bloodied

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Breaking for the right proves to be a poor choice when her allies pile behind her, and the wide berth she tried to give Axel comes crashing down when he dives into her vision with his napalm launcher. Were it not for Siroko's heroics, she would be feeling the heat! A flashing pair of ruby glasses catches her attention, seemingly a world away from her current problems. She catches her reflection's eyes, and time comes crashing to a halt.

This moment is a boundary. Quetzalcoatl is many things, but foremost he is the boundary-maker, between earth and sky, between this life and the next. In this moment, Roxie is his avatar, and the ecstasy of what is to come threatens to overwhelm her. Planting her feet firmly against the worn arena floor she pushes a piece of herself down, deep. Into the metal, into the concrete of foundations poured over and over, into the soil of this land that is hers by ancestral right, even if the colonials do not know it. Soil that connects her, even across continents, to the strength of her slumbering god. Pulling a tiny fraction of that strength into herself, the air goes almost cold enough to smother the flames ringing her, and time begins once more.

"Hey Trinh! Catch!"

The momentum of her earlier movement having never stopped she leans in further, turning the dash into a perfect triple corkscrew, and at the apex a flashing light connects her outstretched arm to Diamond Trinh's throat. Her landing is flawless, carrying her forward into Maxima's vision. A piece of perfect obsidian in Trinh's trachea glints from the arena's lights. Raising her arms for the crowd, she slams her metal fist into the wall next to her, hopefully in time with Trinh's crumbling gurgle.

"FURIES FOREVER!" she screams, hoping she will take some of the focus off her teammates.

---

Style: Acrobatics: 1d20+14 29
Standard: Attacking Trinh with Sly Flourish - 1d20+14 25. Hit for 1d4+11 = 15+2d8 = 19 damage
Move: to M12
Save vs. Vuln: 1d20 6 - fail

pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
HP : 46/46 (THP: 3)    Passive Insight    : 11    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 11    Normal         21/16/22/17
Initiative : +7        Vision : Normal            vs. OAs        +3/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               
Piercing Strike            Sly Flourish                   Great Leap

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [ ] Jumping Blade Assault      [ ] Dragon Breath
[ ] Disciplined Counter    [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Handspring Assault     [ ] Staggering Assault

Items::
[ ] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Jacket (Daily, Free)

MBA: +13 attack, 1d4+4 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+5
RBA: +13 attack, 1d4+7 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+8
SA: +2d8

Passives:
Ritual Killer: CA vs. Slow, Immob, Weak, and enemies that have not acted
Refreshing Breeze: Dragon's Breath hits only enemies, and allies inside the zone gain +1 to attacks UEONT
Stuntwoman: Ranged and Area attacks don't provoke

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


"Oh my God! What a gruesome hit from Roxie Ruinous! I give the Furies poo poo for looking out of sync but when they actually work together you'd better not be the one in their sights. Don't get too happy though, Furies fans, Mauler Maxima's coming around the horn where Roxie has a wide open flank. And she...dodges right past her? Maxima doesn't seem to think Roxie is worth her time. Instead she's looking to even the score by picking off the weakest Fury! She moves in and - hell of a chop! Someone just called the cops on 5th Street because they thought they heard a gunshot! Erzbet looking like she might keel over any moment, but hopefully American Made didn't gently caress up too bad by letting Roxie Ruinous run around freely."


Mauler Maxima moves to O13.
Mauler Maxima charges to P11 (5 damage from barbecue), targeting Erzbet. 1d20+11 = 21 vs AC (hit). Erzbet takes 16 damage and grants CA UEoMNT.



ARENA RULES
When standing on a flame pipe, spend a move action (or a minor action if you're trained in Dungeoneering or Thievery): Vent the pipe, dealing 1d6+5 fire damage to each other character standing on it.

Carolina Barbecue / orange zone: Any creature that enters a square in the zone or starts their turn there takes 5 fire damage (limit 1/turn for each creature).

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 12 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19
    • Ongoing 5 fire & vuln 5 fire

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 46+4 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17
    • +2 defenses

  • AMD Lane | HP 66 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 47 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • Marked (Siroko); WC

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 36 / 84 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • Bloodied; Does not grant CA for being flanked.; Ongoing 5 damage

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43+13 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 25 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18
    • Fool's hex

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 46+3 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17
    • Vuln 5 fire

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 0 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • KO!

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 51 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

With Trinh down, Siroko is able to get back around Musa's annoying wall and engage him again. Unfortunately having to work her way past that means she can't get closer to the rest of American Made, but she can at least keep the pressure on him.

Siroko throws a punch at Musa that launches a blast of concussive force at him, a little bit of directed thunder, but he's able to duck aside before it lands.

Move to K7. I should have the movement to loop around Musa's wall and then get back over to him without triggering an OA (up 2, right 2, diag down/rt 1, diag down/lft 1).

Attack Thundering Strike vs AC: 1d20+11 14 1d10+10 14.
Looks like a miss.

Free Action to mark Musa again.


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 46/61 (THP: 4)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 11/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [x] Incredible Toughness
[x] Thundering Strike     [x] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Axel Apone is sent awkwardly stumbling from Vivi and Caelynn's combined attack. He staggers to a halt just in front of Roxie Ruinous, teeth clenched, pouring sweat and chainsaws spinning noisily between them. Flames lick the air around him, and while he doesn't seem to be getting burned*, it's clearly still hot as hell in there. After glaring menacingly at Roxie for a moment, he growls "Not yet," and pushes off with his good leg to step backward toward Caelynn and the rest of the Furies. Eyes still fixed on Roxie, he thrusts his weaponed fist into the air, then brings it crashing down to the ground, chainsaw blades screaming against the arena steel. With a yell, he draws his blades across the floor, leaving a path of mangled metal in his wake. Finally, he wrenches his weapon free of the ripped-up floor and whirls around to unleash a blast of fire at Caelynn and Siroko - and, coincidentally, the invisible Vivian.

"Furies get in position to close the trap on the rest of American Made. They should be careful not to huddle too closely, though - Axel Apone may be bleeding badly but he's not out! Chaos Machine fans will remember he's used to fighting cornered - and the Furies are finding that out for themselves right now! Everything is on fire! The Rose Knight, Siroko Tuuli, and...is that burnt servos I smell? I think our little spite machine might be in that blaze too!"

You can still hear the crowd cheering for the big hits on both sides, but it's not the unreservedly jubilant cheers that characterized the start of this match or the previous matches in this series. A sort of tense energy seems to have come over them, so intense that you can feel it even in the midst of all the fire, the blades and the curses. A chant starts up in one corner of the crowd.

FU-RIES FU-RIES FU-RIES FU-RIES

It starts slow, purposeful. The chant spreads, not across the whole arena, but enough that you begin to recognize a hint of urgency in it. They're getting behind you, but they sound almost worried. Like it's just hit them what it would actually mean if you lost. The chant crescendos, becoming faster, and you can feel the underlying question. They want you to triumph, but more than that, they want you to prove you can.

They want to believe. It's your moment to show them.


Lane attacks with Naturalist's Curse! Area burst 1 centred on O10, targeting Siroko, Vivian and Caelynn. Siroko: 1d20+10 = 18 vs Will (hit). Vivian: 1d20+10 = 21 vs Will (hit). Caelynn: 1d20+10 = 12 vs Will (miss). Siroko and Vivian take 8 psychic damage. Siroko, Vivian and Caelynn cannot benefit from conditional bonuses (save ends).
Lane uses Fool's Hex, targeting Caelynn. If Caelynn misses with an attack before the end of her next turn, she cannot take immediate or opportunity actions until the start of her following turn.
Lane moves to N6.

Neon Musa uses Scabbard Shove, targeting Siroko. 1d20+8 = 18 vs Fort (miss).
Musa attacks with his sword. Close wall 2 within 2 squares, targeting Siroko. 1d20+10 = 21 vs AC (hit). Siroko takes 14 damage.
Musa creates a wall of blocking terrain between squares K6-K7 and J6-J7. The wall lasts UEoMNT.

Axel Apone takes 5 damage.
Axel shifts to N10.
Axel uses Draw The Line. Squares N11-P11 become difficult terrain until the end of the encounter.
Axel attacks with his flamethrower. Close blast 3 K7-M9, targeting Siroko, Vivian and Caelynn. Siroko: 1d20+9 = 27 vs Fort (hit). Vivian: 1d20+10 = 25 vs Fort (hit). Caelynn: 1d20+10 = 16 vs Fort (miss). Siroko, Vivian and Caelynn take 9 fire damage and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Saving Throw vs. Ongoing 5: 3

*Axel has resist 5 fire.



ARENA RULES
When standing on a flame pipe, spend a move action (or a minor action if you're trained in Dungeoneering or Thievery): Vent the pipe, dealing 1d6+5 fire damage to each other character standing on it.

Carolina Barbecue / orange zone: Any creature that enters a square in the zone or starts their turn there takes 5 fire damage (limit 1/turn for each creature).
Slashed floor: Difficult terrain.

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 0 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19
    • KO!

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 19 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17
    • Bloodied; Naturalist's curse; Ongoing 5 fire

  • AMD Lane | HP 66 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 47 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • Marked (Siroko); WC

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 31 / 84 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • Bloodied; Does not grant CA for being flanked.; Ongoing 5 damage

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43+4 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20
    • Fool's hex; Naturalist's curse; Ongoing 5 fire

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 9 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18
    • Bloodied; Invisible; Naturalist's curse; Ongoing 5 fire

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 46+3 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17
    • Vuln 5 fire

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 0 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • KO!

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 51 / 56 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17

Wol fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2018 around 10:14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




Watching Vivi come out of nowhere and gut Axel like a pig was, to be honest, a little sickening. But there was no time for disagreeing with her lunch; there was a fight to be done. Caelynn steels herself and surveys the battle for a moment. With Axel down, there were only three members of American Made left. Roxie was poised to take down Maxima with those low blows she was so fond of, and to be honest, Kate wasn't particularly feeling like getting back into the barbecue just yet. Lane had pulled herself back to the wall, possibly to cover - and then there was Neon Musa. An idea comes into her mind. She runs back, giving Siroko a quick slap on the hand to relieve her responsibility - "Take Lane. I got this!" - as she circumvents the hardlight shield Musa had erected. "So I know you like light, Musa. It's a neat trick, really. So how about we make a lightshow together? Just the two of us." With a mighty shout, she brings her sword down on the man, and chains of light wrap themselves around him, shackling him to the ground.

I take my turn after Viv kills Axel, so I do not provoke an opportunity attack.

Start of Turn; take 5 fire damage.
Move; Move to J6.
Minor; Divine Challenge on Musa.
Standard; Hold Fast vs Musa for 1d20+12=24. Hit for 2d10+6=16 radiant damage, and he is immobilized UEOMNT.
Free: Get a save from Starfire Womb vs Naturalist's Curse at 1d20=1.
End of Turn; Save vs Naturalist's Curse and Ongoing 5 Fire at 2x1d20=20,18.


pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 42/43 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 20    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Bargain                      [X] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [X] Hold Fast          
Divine Sanction         [ ] Second Wind
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
    Sunblade Greatsword (At-Will)
[ ] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: Bonus to defenses from attacks more than 5 squares away.
Eladrin Will: +5 to saves vs Charm. 
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit.
Seeker of Illefarn: Reroll nat 1 once/encounter.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply