Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


//

Your date to the Witch Symbol concert earlier tonight went fantastic. The music was very much your style, but like Cinnabar had said, the real memorable part of the concert was the experience. More than just some music with a light show, her performance brought all five of your senses on a journey you’re still in the process of unpacking.

——

Half curled up next to you and half draped over you, Cinnabar nuzzles your cheek with a contented sigh. For a while, she’s silent, content to just lay there with you. Eventually, though, she lets out another little sigh and speaks up. “Let’s keep doing this,” she says, her voice a breathy whisper.
"Mm," Siroko replies. "I want to." She's quiet for a moment. "We should talk about how to do that. Both of us are in the Crown right now, and even if you went on to something else, singers travel just as much."
“True. It might only be now and then, but I’d like us to keep spending time with each other when we have it. When we have some down time, or whenever we can get the road to bring us together. It’ll definitely be more work, but you’re worth it.”
"So are you," Siroko replies, reaching up and running a hand through Cinnabar's hair. "We'll make sure to call each other, but I have an idea of what our schedule will be for the first part of the trip at least. Tomorrow we can look at it and see if there's a good time for me to come back here or you to come out wherever we end up."
“Mm, sounds good. There’s something I want to make sure we’re on the same page about : Between seeing each other, I’d like us to be free to see other people as well, for dates or sex. I know our relationship is pretty open anyway, but I just want to make sure we’re both clear on what we want.”
Siroko nods, but she's clearly thinking it over. "I'm happy with that, but I do think we should talk through exactly how we want that to work. Just thinking about with Leona the other night - it makes me a lot more comfortable when I have your input, you know?"
“Yeah. I’m not looking for an agreement to run around behind each other’s backs. I know if you find someone you like, I’d like to know about them.”
"Right - and I wasn't worried about that, or about you getting jealous. Just, you know, what do we each need or want to know. And when I've gotten with people in open relationships in the past, I would always ask to meet or at least talk to their primary partner. Easy way to weed out creeps and jerks. So I wouldn't be surprised if either of us gets the same request, and with our schedules we should figure out how to manage that."
"I love you and I don't want to mess things up."
“I love you too, and I’m glad we’re both taking this seriously. I don’t want to mess this up either.” She shifts herself back on top of you and looks down into your eyes, a satisfied smile on her face. She takes a moment to push her hair out of the way before leaning in for a kiss.

--------
--------

//

Later on that evening, Lin gets in touch. She fires off a text: “how are you doing? can I come over tomorrow?”
"Better. And of course you can. I'll be glad for the company."

----

Lin shows up at your apartment with a big cloth bag. When you open the door, you barely have time to say hello before she draws you into a warm hug.
Kate laughs. "Well, hello to you too! You trying to squeeze the life outta me again?" She gladly returns the hug, though, before letting Lin inside. "I'm afraid I don't have as big a selection of tea as you do. Is jasmine okay?" The apartment is smaller than Lin's by a measure, especially the kitchen, though it's certainly not lacking coziness, between the comfortable couch and big chair, warm colors in the walls and a somewhat-decent view.
“It definitely is.” She follows you inside, looking around curiously at whatever decorations you might have. When you reach the kitchen, she gently sets her bag down on the table. “I brought you kind of a little care package.” She says, drawing out a box of macarons from Sweet Heavens Bake Shop.
Decorations are...sparse, but what there is is entirely Crown related. A painting of Morior Invictus squaring off (with a few signatures in the corner), a few souvenirs like a glass miniature of the Montreal arena, and a picture of the Furies, before their first match at the Asylum. Kate busies herself with the tea for now. "Aw, Lin. You shouldn't have!" She smiles. "But thank you." A small dizzy spell worms its way up, but by now she's used to it, and she steadies herself on the kitchen counter. "If people keep coming by I'm gonna have enough food to last me the whole week."
Lin smiles and shakes her head. “It’s the least I could do. And I brought you something else, too.” She reaches into her bag once more and takes out a big, thick candle. Off-white with tan flecks, it has a red rim around the base that’s inscribed with what at this point you simply recognize as a series of arcane characters. From the moment she takes it out of the bag, you pick up on a hint of balsam fir.
“It has kind of a...grounding spell? It’s usually used when you don’t come back to your body quite right after spending time in the realm of magic. Slow-acting, but it should help. I, um, hope you like the scent. I kinda guessed on it.”
Kate puts the tea on the table, sliding one mug over towards Lin, and studies the candle. "H-uh." She turns it over in her hands, but puts it away after a little while. "Thank you. Again." A gentle smile. "How's Shijie holding up? To be honest, she looked worse than me."
"She's...the way she explained it is she tries to move her arm, and she ends up clenching her fist. It was only actually that bad for the first couple hours, but she's still recovering." Lin places her bag on the floor. By the soft tunk it makes, it's clear there's something still in there. She sits herself down and takes the tea, momentarily closing her eyes as she smells it. A smile spreads across her face. "I made her a candle, too. Just finished them this morning."
"It's good you're here to take care of us, huh?" Kate takes her seat as well. "Really. I know I'm gonna be fine, but I'm glad for it. It's a weird feeling, you know? Not the usual bruises and aches."
"Yeah, it's definitely strange. I really wish I could use my spells without hurting people like this, though. I hope - if the candle helps, I'd like to refine the spell more."

roll Insight

Lin wears a convincing mask, but there's a quaver in her voice when she says hurting people like this that makes you think she's not as okay as she lets on.
Kate's face drops. "Oh, Lin..." She reaches for the other woman's hand, gently squeezing. "It must be hard to use. I can't imagine - all I do is make pretty lights." She gives a soft smile to ease her self-deprecation. "But you're good. Skilled, smart, determined... I know you can make your magic do whatever you set your mind to. And, well. If I have to be a test-subject for that, I'll be happy to. Least I can do for the woman that taught me how to use my own magic."
Lin's other hand shoots up to cover her face. She lets you squeeze her hand, though. "It - well - it hurts the people I use it on more than it hurts me. I'm not the one who needs worrying about, here."
"I know. That doesn't mean I can't, though." Kate smiles again. "That's what friends are for, right?"
"Gan Lu and me will be fine, especially with you looking after us like this. And we'll help you in return."
"Well, thanks." She sets her hand back on the table and turns to look you directly in the eyes. "I guess I should be honest with you though, Kate. There's more to it than that. It kinda - well, it kinda plays into what my source tells me. After our match, I was laying there in the machine, thinking about why your magic burns me the way it does. And, I didn't know what kind of condition Shijie was in yet, but I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be good. I thought about how I'd just really hurt two people I care about. I mean, how she's doing is partly Vivi's fault - I can get Shijie up from a normal kill and she's just fine - but still. It didn't feel good. My source is always going on about how I'm supposed to have been this great healer, how selfish I am to use my magic this way, and - and I guess it all reminded me of that. The Crown has always been my dream. There's nothing I want more. But my source, I guess, might have a point. And maybe the reason your source burns me is it thinks of me the same way, I don't know. "
Kate chews her lip pensively. "To be honest, with everything I've learned...I'm not entirely sure we should put much stock in what my source thinks." Her brow furrows. "They may give us our power, but I'm not sure that they're entirely considerate about our best interests. I haven't met your source - and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to - but these..." She pauses, grasping for the words. "Whatever they are, they operate on a different level from us. They don't know what we need. What we want."
She sighs. "Could you be a great healer? I'm sure you could. But are you supposed to? What I'm trying to say is, don't validate - or deprecate - yourself based on what your source says. We owe our gifts to them, but nothing else. We choose our own path. We make our own self-worth."
The smile returns to Lin’s face. “Well, you’re sounding much more confident than when I last saw you with your source. I’m really glad to hear you talking like that. And, thanks. Whatever else they are, they’re really good at getting into your head sometimes.” She takes a sip of her tea, pausing to savour it on the way down. “Sorry.” She laughs softly. “I was supposed to be helping you feel better today, and here I am dumping my problems on you.”
"I told you I heard my source when I was out after you whammied me, right? They put me down. Like, a lot. They said I wasn't worth a drat." Her face hardens slightly. "I decided I wasn't going to put up with that bullshit. So I proved them wrong, and I got up." She drinks from her own mug, and sighs. "I've struggled a lot in the Crown. Failed a lot, and faced a lot of backlash for it. I'm not going to let my source stand in the way of the progress I've made as a Fury. And you shouldn't either. You should be proud of what you've accomplished! The Deathless owned the Asylum until we came along, and you were our hardest fight to date. You're meant for great things. Just like us."
Her eyes falter. "But I guess the Furies are gonna find our great things elsewhere. Not gonna lie, Lin. I'm really gonna miss you."
A tinge of red appears in her cheeks. “I’ll miss you too - but, um, maybe I should give you the last thing I brought now.” She reaches for her cloth bag and draws out a white box, about 20cm to a side. She places it delicately on the table in front of you, then sits back down.
Kate raises her eyebrow. "Uh...okay?" Putting her mug aside, she pulls the box towards her, and cautiously opens it.
You open it to find a pale pink lotus flower, floating in water inside of a glass case. You feel Lin’s aura when you look at it - not as strongly as when she did her demonstration the first time you meditated together, but nonetheless unmistakable. “I imbued it with a little piece of me. If you focus on it when you enter the world of magic, and if I’m there, you’ll find me. I want to keep in touch - and to keep exploring together, if you’d like.”
She picks up the glass carefully, almost tenderly, and lifts it up. "Wow..." she utters quietly, her gaze drawn towards the flower like a magnet. Then she blinks and puts it down again, still with the utmost care, as if she's afraid to break it. "...thanks, Lin." She reaches across the table for a short, but no less loving hug, before settling back in her seat. "It's gonna be good to have a direct line to you. And of course I wanna explore! If I'm going to be out there in the real world, I don't see why I shouldn't travel out there either. But you'd better believe I'm going to ask you how things are going in Philly. I've never been out there for too long, you know. Short stints in other arenas, sure, but never something so...permanent. To be honest, I'm kinda nervous about going."
“It’s from the marsh - the real one my village is right beside. The Zoigê Marsh, maybe you’ve heard of it? I promise there’s no èguǐ; in there.” She explains while you take it in.
“And that makes sense - this is your home, right? We were really nervous when we came over here too. Not all of us speak English, it’s a whole different culture, our loved ones were on the other side of the world - but we made it work. We helped each other out when we needed it, just like I’m sure the other Furies will help you if you need it. I won’t be able to keep you up to date on Philly, though, sadly. We fly out to Barcelona on the 20th. We got a really good offer, I’m excited.”
Surprise. "Barcelona? Lin, that's amazing!" Kate lets out a squeal of delight and comes around the table this time to hug her friend properly. "Congratulations! The lineup there is really tough but it's such a beautiful arena, I know you're gonna do great things. You have to tell me all about it when next we talk. And please, please get me an autograph from Frederic Chasseur. I can't believe you're going to meet him!" She laughs. "He's one of my heroes - I first saw him at Worlds in 48, I was only watching because Morior Invictus was there, but he was just so cool, with his rapier and the moonlight..."
She sighs dreamily - before catching a glimpse at Lin again and composing herself. "Heh. Sorry. I still get a little nerdy sometimes when a cool team's involved. Anyway, he's on Cazadores now, they're basically the big team over in Barcelona. Good team with a long career. I've got a file on them if you're looking for weaknesses, but it's a little out of date, I haven't kept up with them as much since we started with the Furies." Kate smiles, putting her hands on Lin's shoulders again. "But I know you're going to kick rear end all the same. I'm really happy for you."
“Thanks! And, yeah, I’m really looking forward to facing them. We’re coming in in the upper midcard - which is stacked, but we’ll have a clear path to the top. I’ll let you know when we’re about to grind them into dust.” She puts on a performatively smug look that ends up breaking down into laughter. “Where are the Furies taking over next, though?”
Kate shrugs. "I don't really know. I don't think we're settling down anywhere just yet. I trust Phia, and I'm sure she's set up good things for us, but it doesn't look like we're going to be in one particular arena for a while." She takes her tea again and settles down in her seat. "We'll have to see."
“Oh? Touring for a bit? That sounds like a good time too - I’ve always wanted to. I hear it’s really good for your fanbase, and you can get some really high-profile matches out of it. I’m sure Phia will be a really good advocate for you, too.”
"Yeah, she's great. I wouldn't want to be the one opposite of a negotiation with her." Kate grins. "But the idea is we're heading down south - Atlanta, maybe Florida, New Orleans, Texas, towards Mexico in the end, pay Roxie's crowd some homage, and then past there...I don't know, we'll see, I guess."
“Texas? Oh, I should put you in touch with Platinum Vice! They gave us a couple of our hardest fights in Chengdu, and they’re in Dallas now on an exchange with Wages of Sin. They’re good friends of ours, I’m sure they’d love to take you on.”
"Sure! Nothing's definite yet, but I'm sure Phia will take anything that makes her job easier. Probably's gonna be a while before we get there, though, and I don't know what their plans are. Just another reason to keep in touch, right?"

Wol fucked around with this message at Jan 31, 2019 around 07:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Philadelphia - May 16, 2259

Tomorrow, you leave Philadelphia behind. Most of you do, at least. Caelynn will be around a little while longer, but regardless, you're moving on soon. Today, though, Phia has brought you all together for your last team meeting in Philly. She hasn't called you in to the Asylum - for one, you're no longer contracted there. For a second, the some of your promos today might play better if not shot at the Asylum. Instead, Phia's invited you to someplace called Grindhouse North. Walking past a convenience store on a mottled Allegheny West street corner, you almost miss it, but the address and GPS both point you to right where you're standing. There's no sign you can see, but once you decide to take a couple steps down a narrow set of stairs leading underground, you see the name emblazoned across the top of a dark red door at the end of the steps, a few show posters plastered under it. You open the door and let yourself into a small basement venue with a cement floor and cold stone walls, and a black roof low enough that Roxie feels compelled to watch her head. What seems like a cramped space at first has more to it as you look around, though, with a side wall that goes out farther than you’d expect. There’s a couple side rooms, too - including one with a black curtain half-drawn where you spy a covered tattoo chair.

Relaxing in a far plainer chair, with Dusty, Sumi and a couple other friends, is one Phia Kwang. She sports a new short haircut, and her tank top makes visible a fresh sleeve tattoo all down her left arm, most prominently featuring a bird's wing. A Furies wing. If you were to look closely, you'd see that the underside includes a torn straitjacket and a crown sitting atop a broken heart. Phia greets you with a nod and a grin.
"Hey. How ya been, champions?"

Sumi, woofing excitedly, jumps all over all of you who'll let him. The rest greet you in turn. Phia's other friends get up and head over to the other side of the room, continuing their own conversation while you and Phia (and Dusty and Sumi) catch up. Phia's eager to hear about everything you've been up to the past few days, particularly complimenting Siroko on her musical venture with Cinnabar and Diamond Trinh. Not too surprising - it's gone semi-viral. The topic leads to a brief discussion of fan engagement, after which Phia has Dusty introduce the first actual order of the day's business.
"Right. So I dunno if Phia told you, but we ended up doing a short run of Furies vs. Deathless shirts with a design I made." She holds up her phone, with a picture of the talon-smashing-through-a-skull design she had on her sign at the match. "It was a short run, sure, but they already sold out. So we decided...hell, if people liked my design, why not do more? I'm down. So I'll draw your next round of designs - but I wanna work with you on what they should be."
"Yeah. So I'm thinking one for each of you, one for the team. I know I took care of this stuff on my own before, but," she shoots Siroko a conspiratorial look, "that's not how I want to do things from now on. I want these to come from us."

When that conversation wraps up, Phia moves on to the reason she brought you here in particular.
"I know at least some of you wanted to cut parting promos against McKnight. I kinda want to, myself," she grins, "but he already knows how I feel. We did the punk thing before when we went up against La Familia, so I thought same theme, right? Don't need to dress up, just be yourself and let the location work for you."

Wol fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2019 around 12:52

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




"Oh my goodness, look at you!" Kate slowly gets to her knees, happily embracing Sumi and ruffling the dog's coat. "Aren't you a pretty boy? Yes you are! Yes you are!" She laughs, spending a few more moments with the dog, before she lets go and gets up again, dusting off her burgundy blouse from the newly-acquired dusting of doghair, and listening to Dusty. Her eyes brighten at the promise of shirt designs. "Are you serious? I get to have my own merch design?!" She balls her fist in a minor celebration. "Obviously mine needs to be something with a rose, but I'm not sure what else. Maybe like a stylized version of my sword? It has a rose-shaped pommel, but you could make that bigger and make the sword the stem or something. I can probably dig up a picture if you need a reference."

--

For her promo, Kate lets some of the others go first. She's not really sure what she can say. What she should say. But when the time comes, she faces the camera with a determined look. "First off, I would like to thank all our fans for the support you've shown us. Both for me personally, after the accident and now with my medical leave, and for the entirety of the Furies during our career so far. I am proud, as a Philly local, to have all these wonderful people, my neighbors and friends, show up at our fights, at our signings, and to have spread the word across the net. Our star is bright, but it wouldn't have shone nearly as bright without you." She gives a gentle smile to the camera, and a thumbs up, before her mirth fades.

"But as much as I love this city and its people, I can no longer stay. The Furies can no longer stay." Her brows furrow as her eyes start to show a twinkle of righteous anger. "Our treatment at the Asylum Arena - not by the fans, but by the establishment, both La Familia and Joel McKnight - has been less than honorable. We were the upstarts. They did not think we were owed what we deserved, for the blood and the sweat and the pain we put into our fights. They slighted us, because they disagreed with our rise. But as with all the fights, we persisted. As all of our opponents have seen, the Furies do not give up. We do not submit. We fight. We fly."

Kate spreads her arm and points off in the distance. "So we're going on the road. We will no longer be exploited for McKnight's gain. He will no longer profit off our labor. He will have to find other champions that will work for less pay than they are owed. I would advise those that are contracted at the Asylum to fight for every penny. As much as I love this city, and the people in it, things at the Asylum will need to change, if it wishes to remain. McKnight can no longer defraud those that bleed in his house."

"To our fans: we're leaving the Asylum, but we're not leaving you. No matter where the road takes us, you'll be with us, in spirit if not physically. Your support will always drive us forward, to ever greater heights. People can try to keep us down, but with you at our backs and our blades in our hands, we will always rise above. Fight or die, Furies fly!"

Wahad fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2019 around 11:33

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Philadelphia - May 16, 2259

---The Last Day---

Ducking her head out of concern more than necessity, Roxie follows the others into the Grindhouse in fairly normal street fare: riding pants, a tank designed to show off her physique, and her leather jacket with Furies logo emblazoned across the back. Phia's radical appearance shift prompts a semi-startled hmm, but she greets her, Dusty and Sumi with enthusiasm, "Hola, yourself, chica! Didn't know you were so into ink."

---

When Dusty arrives on her design, it seems to blindside her, "A design, para mi?" but eventually Roxie's incredulity gives way to a big grin, "pero it has to be like Big Quetzy's icons, but emblematic of me. High flying knives, like this," she pulls her dagger and offers the hilt, "maybe something like that, si?"

---

A few weeks ago, she would have given a scathing tirade as a promo to McKnight and his tenure at the Asylum. Now, with others' careers riding on the outcome, she has a hard time getting started. But they deserved better than Joel pinche McKnight.

When she does start, she does so without flashy moves or dramatic angles.

"Amigos y primos, new and old fans. I can't thank you enough for all your support, your tags, your encouragement, your passion. En verdad, muchas gracias. Desde mi corazón. I promised you that we would climb to the top together. But the Asylum Crown was only the beginning of that climb. We still have so much higher to go."

On queue, the camera begins a slow zoom towards her, edges fading to a soft black vignette as it goes, "Even if we have a long way to go, we will never forget this city. We will never forget the people and the teams that make this city great. No matter how much some people in the establishment wanted to keep us down, we rise. We fly. Because of you."

After a moment, she continues, camera fixed at about a 3/4 frame, "I hope we will continue to see you on our ascent. But I also hope you won't forget the great teams that make Philadelphia so memorable, so unequalled. Because we wouldn't be the Furies of today without them. And they deserve a better Asylum than they've had. Better leaders."

Roxie sighs but her smile is inviting, "So, ready to fly?" She extends her arm to the camera right before the cut.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Feb 5, 2019 around 19:36

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF



Vivi dresses cutely! Provocatively! She's really rocking these name-sake Fury wings, works of magical embroidering that orbit her back closely! She's dressed to her usual fashionable and casual, her hair back to about as default a state as it can be, short and dark. She waves to Phia with two fingers and a closed eye smile and turns her head, eyes snapping open and irises noisily zeroing in on Kate. She passes around the other side of the group to go for nonchalant or bust...

The dog gets a polite pat but Vivi's always felt a bit weird about animals. Dogs were enjoyable, yes. They were also too easy! Here was a little creature that gave out unconditional love freely. If she had to choose Vivi would prefer a cat. Something that demands a bit of finesse... a little snob with hidden claws, like her! When Dusty opens up shirt-chat Vivi pops up in front of her front and center. "Hahahaha, that's easy! Check this out!" Vivi offers a t-shirt design with herself in a classic glamour pose, mirrored by a full robotic shell in the same proportions with the same black eyes. Instead of finger-blades Robo-Vivi would projecting some cutting lasers from the fingertips. The caption reads Immortal Machine! "How's that for the real Asylum champion, hmm? I'm leaving necromancy dead and buried!"

---

"Hiiiii everyone! Your wonderful idol Vivi here, announcing my farewell to Philadelphia and the debut of my new world-wide championship tour!" There is no limit to how many camera angle techniques and flashy displays Vivi will put out for a promo. She may as well be a pop star! She speaks with the same cadence and some of her own personal auto-tuning. "Even with some nasty characters against us, your Vivi has triumphed and is champion of the Asylum.." She's ended up sitting on the nicest cushioned furniture they can find in the place and the camera pans around to behind her, where she looks over her shoulder and winks with pouty lips. "But I can't stop here, can I?" She lets out a flighty laugh!

"I'm sure there are many new fans, fans of the Furies, fans of this exciting new Vivi, fans who don't know that Vivi has always been this wonderful, but she has not had a team to shine on like the Furies.." Her rapid speaking is gradually shifting down to a deeper tone, closer to her natural voice. "Shining like a star, Vivi has torn apart all comers, supporters by her beautiful teammates, and everyone can see what a precious flame I am, and the tender care needed to keep her from blowing out, hee hee hee.. I love my long-time fans most of all, who have seen how hard Vivi works." She gives the camera a big warm closed-eye smile, just overflowing with warmth.

Mentioning the other Asylum teams or Philadelphia or McKnight is a waste. She raises her hands and flexes her fingers rhythmically, her blades passing in and out in waves that catch the lights in the room. "I'll do it again, and again, and again." She licks her lips, then traces her tongue along her teeth, the fully organic tip passing along straight teeth that tilt into pointed tips. "Vivi will be champion of the world, and everyone in every city, in every arena, they can see these Asylum matches and know I'm coming for them."

Vivi bounces up and clenches her hands together behind her back, bending over to face the camera with a little head tilt. Her teeth are straightened and flat when she smiles, her irises pink. "Follow Vivi forever, this is only the beginning of my story!"

---

Vivi wanted to catch Lane, Giovanna and Qieduan for that farewell podcast, talking dirt and gossip on the Philly scene. It might just be called Bad Bitches, it might not. Depends on if anyone other than Lane complains. Nobody could deny the sassy little killbot has a big personality, but it takes finesse to talk back and forth with the gals. Vivi settles on more patience and humility than usual in letting the other three have more airtime combined... but she needs to play the part of the good hostess!

To Lane: "Laney~, everyone knows about your wonderful Olympic history. And I'm curious, because you've definitely got the insider view.. those little "Olympic Villages", where all the contestants room in the city? Is it true that they're ah.. heavy on the action? Ehehehehehehehe.. all these young athletes with their bodies in perfect shape." Viewers won't see it but it's important everyone can feel the giant wink Vivi is giving to Lane. "You must have had quite a good time, hmm?"

To Giovanna: Mentioning the recent arrest would be astoundingly bad form! "Ahhh, Gia! Since I'm leaving, you're the best cyber-assassin again, hee hee hee.. are you going to take the championship back? You've got the style and for that you've got my blessing <3"

To Qieduan: Translator or no, Vivi can at least parse any dialogue in her own head about as well as an AI could bounce words off an auto-translator. Whether or not this results in Google Translate gibberish is anyone's guess. "Qie, you're the baddest bitch in the East and West! But I think everybody knows about your arena game... what we want to know is if there's any long lost loooove from before your change in internal viscosity?"

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


//

"Is that really the gossip Vivian Vivisection is interested in?" Lane pauses a beat, then her skeptical expression shifts to a mischievous smirk. "I know you couldn't be jealous; rumour has it you always find yourself plenty of action. Unless...the rumours aren't true? The legendary Vivi hasn't found herself outdone by straight-laced Lane, has she?"

----

"I wasn't planning to stick around. After Declaration, I was going to announce that I was leaving La Familia and start shopping around for new teams. But I guess some of my former teammates went and got their wires crossed and tried to be Killers outside the ring, too. Now I can't leave the state. And I wanna say - Fortuna, Sante, what the gently caress were you thinking? You should count yourself lucky Caelynn didn't get hurt worse than she did. We're supposed to be professionals. Athletes. Entertainers. Going after someone out of the arena, out of kayfabe, there's something wrong with you. Fortuna, you're right where you belong. And Sante, when they find you, I hope it's face down in a river, you stupid bastard." Giovanna takes a couple breaths. Once her app finishes translating for her, Qieduan lets out a prolonged "哇!", grinning as she leans back in her chair.
Giovanna centres herself, exchanges a look with you and continues. "But you asked about my plans. First of all, you can forget Giovanna 'The Scalpel' Franzesi. I'm through playing mafia princess. It's just Giovanna now. And it looks like I'll be here for a while. I can't say anything yet, but there's some compelling free agents around here. So whoever winds up with the title once the dust settles, watch your step - because the Staten Island Slasher has you marked for death."

----

Qie seems to consider a bit before answering. When she does, though, she starts in English. "Yuen's life is passed. Qieduan has not much to say about it. Only one thing: Yuen was married. Qieduan is not." Her voice is ice cold. She gives her head a little shake - what would be a hairflip if her hair wasn't tied back in a neat bun - and continues, her nose a little higher in the air but her tone lighter. She opts now to speak through her translator app. Her body language will be somewhat lost on the audio format, but the mock-haughty look she gives comes across clear enough to you. "But be careful what you imply. You think you and Lane are the only ones who know how to have fun? My blood runs just as red as any living person's, you know."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet's promo is shot, as always, in the gothiest possible environs- in this case, at dusk in Laurel Hill Cemetery. Beneath the shadows of ancient statuary, she gestures at the graves. "Some things cannot be returned. These august graves, even if I expended all of my strength, would not yield their occupants; they have rested for too long and too deep."

A cut; the hem of a gown sweeps into frame as the camera pans up. "Some things are too rotten to save before they even reach the ground. The Asylum rots from the head down; its Knight does not care that he corrupts the body that feeds him life." Smoke and darkness flow from her- a little special effects, mostly. "Even my power, proven stronger than that of the Deathless, cannot drag it back to life. That is why I- why we- must fly onwards to the next challenge, to a places of power."

A foot "kicks" over the camera, to somehow face a convenient bench on which the magic of editing has placed Erzbet. "But don't forget... Necromancers always come back."

With a final slow fade to darkness, the promo ends.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Promo

A black screen. Then industrial lights come on, in sequence, with the loud thunk of circuit breakers closing, revealing a wide shot of the warehouse like back spaces of the Asylum, shot in black and white. In the distance a figure - Siroko, wearing a black leather biker jacket over a Furies t-shirt, torn jeans, aviators, combat boots, and aviators - is sitting on a set of stairs, holding something in her hands, turning it over. A slow contra-zoom begins, bringing Siroko closer, with nothing but soft ambient nouise. Split-second clips of highlights from the Furies' victories flash in, bringing with them the roar of the crowds, the sound of combat, and Robin's announcer calls.

The camera finally ends up right at the foot of the steps, looking up at Siroko, and at the Asylum crown she's turning over in her hands as the music starts to come in. Then she pulls the Asylum badge off the crown, puts the crown on her head, and steps over the camera and out of frame. As she does so, she drops the badge, which lands in front of the camera right as the lyrics come in.

The video goes to a black title card with the Furies logo in white, with CHAMPIONS and GRAND TOUR underneath it.

------------

Last Day

Siroko shows up in a loose, brightly colored tank top with a retro-style version of the Witch Symbol logo, over a black sleeveless compression shirt, running shorts, over-the-knee white rugby socks with blue stripes, and some cheap plastic dollar stores sunglasses. Her hair is pulled up in a pair of buns.

Siroko gives Sumi some attention. "I shot a promo when we did the music video, just needs a little more editing then I'll drop it." She looks up at Phia. "And I've got an idea for a parting shot you can join in on. Nothing big, just a little added middle finger to McKnight on our way out of town."


When the subject turns to t-shirts, she considers it for a little. "I'm open to suggestions for a t-shirt, Dusty. I have some old Storm God's Chosen stuff it might be nice to reference, but I'm not totally sure it's a good idea to cross the streams like that." Siroko glances over towards one of the side rooms. "Speaking of team designs..." she gestures towards the tattoo chair. "Siroko's up for it, if the rest of you are."

------------

On Siroko's Insta

Smart phone footage of Siroko's face as she walks down a street in Philly, wearing ridiculous heart-shaped sunglasses and some kind of vintage Killer's Crown shirt, hair in twin braids. After a moment, she raises an eyebrow and turns to the camera to show Phia walking beside her, wearing a t-shirt for the Furies' tour prominently under a leather jacket. Phia glances at the camera and winks, then Siroko turns it back to her own face for a moment, then they stop walking. She turns the camera the other way, panning around until the tour van comes into view. Then the music comes in as it switches to a title card reading "See ya, McKnight" followed by the FURIES GRAND TOUR info.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Vivi cheers for Giovanna, swoons for Qieduan's love lost and grins at Lane's provocation. "Any one of my fans could tell you that Vivi is a sweet girl who believes in true love, and is searching for her Mister Right one dating partner at a time." Sure, her image is hot to trot, but in reality Vivi limits things to her frequent one night stands. She twiddles her fingers together and occasionally tests fingertip blades against each other for mean little scraping noises. "Why, Lane, I think.. your very clever evasion of my question.. is just the answer I expected~" She giggles. "Thank you for letting us know the rumors are true <3"

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Philadelphia - May 17, 2259

It's 8:30 in the morning. A little crisp, but not oppressively chilly. You make your way to where Phia asked you to meet: A parking lot along riverside Penn's Landing, just a block from where you shot your breakout promos. The first thing you notice is the long tour bus, black with red accents and the Furies logo emblazoned on the side in red and white, larger than you've ever seen it. Leaning up against the bus are Phia, Dusty and Sumi, the former of whom waves you over. As you approach, a woman you've never seen before, dressed head to toe in black with a short flared coat, skinny jeans and walking boots, films you with a short-range camera drone. You assume she must be the filmmaker Phia mentioned bringing along on the road trip. If you look her way, she gives you a little wave but points you back toward Phia for now. Contrary to what she told Kate a week ago, Phia seems in a pretty good mood, joking with you and Dusty as the two help you load your stuff on board. Your partners pitch in too, of course - they wouldn't miss seeing you off, even Fenrir. He's a little quiet, but he insisted on coming. You get plenty of texts from your friends (or frenemies as the case may be) wishing you well on your journey, but only one of them comes out in person: The Jersey Daredevil. He roars in on his bike, driving right up to Roxie.

"Yo, Rox. Good luck out there. Looking forward to seeing you kick some more rear end. And, y'know. Make sure you keep winning. When I beat you, I want it to be a big deal." He grins as wide as you've ever seen him and extends his hand for a fistbump. "And good luck to the resta you, too!" He calls out. "Make sure my mentor only gets into the fun kinda trouble!"

----

Once you've all arrived and have your stuff on board, Phia waves the camerawoman over and introduces you.

"Furies, this is Ava Wright. She's the filmmaker I told you about before - she'll be filming our road documentary series as we go. Ava, I'll let you explain more."
"Thanks, Phia. First of all, I want to say it's good to meet y'all, and I look forward to working with you. As far as details go, feel free to ask any questions you might have, but the basics are that I'll be following you on your adventures and interviewing you from time to time. I'll be checking in on you myself, but any time you have anything you want to get out to the people, hit me up. In the interest of full disclosure, I have two drones: One short-range, one long-range. I also have a fixed camera on the bus. So even if I can't be everywhere at once, I expect to be able to get pretty extensive coverage as long as you check in with me before heading off somewhere. I don't have a high-speed drone, but," she nods at Roxie, "you do, so we can work together on that. As for what the product is going to look like, I'll be releasing weekly episodes. I plan to do production and editing throughout the week, start final storyboarding on Fridays and post Sundays around noon, so if you want to talk about any of that, including what will or won't be in the episode, I want to hear from you as soon as possible to keep the process as smooth as possible. Any questions?"

----

Once you wrap up talking with Ava, Phia moves on to the next order of business.
"Our first stop will be Charleston, South Carolina. This first one's going to be a pretty unique one. We're going to have our first fight against a solo Killer: We're going to fight Stentor. If that name doesn't mean anything to you, I'm gonna assume you don't follow European Crown. If you do, though..." Phia grins. "He's supposed to be out of the game, but he gave us this fight as a personal favour. He was my mentor back when I was a trainee Killer, so don't you dare underestimate him. I'm not going to tell you his secrets, but just keep your eyes open, okay? I put some tapes together for you. He fights with music - he's never been clear on if the thing he plays is a tambura or a dramyen or what, but it's something like that. He's all about the big loud blasts, with a bit of mind trickery to supplement it. It's gonna be a good fight. Unfortunately, the one downside is that since Kate is still recovering, she's not gonna be with us for it. I hired a mercenary to stand in for her, just for this match. Her name's Quaz8 - she's an elusive trickster type, specializing in debuffs. Tough as hell, too, and has a great rating. I think we'll like her."

----

After a bit more conversation - and to be honest, a bit of stalling - it finally comes time to get on the bus. Phia starts off by embracing Caelynn.

"Kate, we're really gonna miss you. Get well soon, OK? We'll catch up in Atlanta."
She then turns to Dusty. She walks over to her slowly, taking the much taller woman's hand in hers once she reaches her. "Hey, you. Gonna miss you, too."
Handing Sumi's leash to Siroko, Dusty reaches her free hand forward to caress Phia's cheek before settling tenderly on the back of her neck. "Yeah. I'm gonna miss you too. Being with you was really, really good."
"Yeah. Same." Phia makes a noise that could be the start of a laugh or a cry. She quickly stifles it, though, and gets up on her tiptoes as Dusty pulls her in for a deep kiss. Ava keeps the camera rolling as the two passionately make out in front of everyone, seeming to completely lose themselves in the moment. Chère blushes a little as she looks away, taking Erzbet's hand in hers. Cinnabar smirks and shoots Siroko a knowing look. When eventually Phia and Dusty part, they do it gradually. "God." Phia says. "It was amazing. So," a lopsided smile appears on her face, "Don't be a stranger, hey?" She finally, reluctantly, lets go of Dusty's hand.
"'Course not. I still have to finish those designs, after all." Chuckling, Dusty drops Phia's gaze, but only for the briefest of seconds.
"Uh-huh. Well, I expect them on my desk by quittin' time, or there'll be consequences. So see to it that you do." Phia laughs. "See you soon, Dusty."
"See you soon, Phia."
Sumi lets out a mournful whine as Phia turns, waving, and climbs the steps into the bus.

----

"Hey, Siroko, before you go. Wanted to say thanks again for hooking me up with American Made. It turned out a lot better than I even coulda hoped," Emma gives Roxie's waist a little squeeze, "and the team's going really well, too. I definitely owe you one. You'll keep in touch too, right?"

--------
--------

Phia takes first driving shift. She won't be the only one driving today, though - she wants to make Charleston tonight and meet Quaz8 at the motel so everyone can spend tomorrow getting on the same page before the meetup and fight with Stentor on the 19th. Before all that, though, she tells Vivi to sit up front - she has something she wants to discuss with her.

"You're gonna like this. I finally nailed down some good deals for that fashion sponsorship you've been wanting. There's three - and I'm pretty sure they're going to be mutually exclusive, at least for now, but I wanted to give you some options. If you wanna grab my tablet, I can open it and you can send them to yourself - they're on my home screen. Basically, though, you have La Frivole (an up-and-coming brand with daringly revealing takes on uptown chic), STYLEKANG (an established brand with a reputation for the outré, guaranteed to make you stand out), and Noam Bis (a breakout brand that gives a [some would say over-the-top] feminine flair to athletic and practical wear).

Wol fucked around with this message at Feb 11, 2019 around 13:29

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




Philadelphia - May 17, 2259

Kate frowns. "Stentor? I think I know that name..." Conversation takes a turn, and the thought slips her mind. She hugs Phia back tight. "Don't worry about me. Just don't break the bus before I've had a chance to make it my own, yeah?" She laughs, but then a moment later seems very interested in her shoes when Phia and Dusty have their on-camera makeout, for lack of someone else to share the moment with. So she picks up her phone and lets everybody say their goodbyes, however long that takes.

When the last of the Furies finally get on the bus, Kate walks up to the door and pokes her head in. "Kick this old guy's rear end, you guys. Don't make me come down there and kick it for you." She gives a smile. "I'll catch up soon. Fight or die, Furies." Thumping her chest, she backs out and lets the film lady get on board, eventually watching the bus drive off while she stays behind.

For a whole drat week.

Philadelphia - May 18th, 2259

In the morning, Kate texts Minhua. "Don't think I'm letting you leave without a goodbye. Do you have a little time tomorrow? I can swing tonight if it's easier."

A little later in the day, she gets Aubrey to give her a ride to Forgehound. "Thanks for doing this on such short notice. I know you're busy and everything, but it really means a lot to me."
"Eh, with what I've got lined up with the visit at the arena and talking to the Cagliostros - you shoulda been there, Kate, they're fantastic at what they do, and they've got brilliant ideas - anyway, professor's giving me a break for a few days to process the data. Was easy enough to hack something together, but I gotta tell you, I've got no promises on if this works. I don't know her magic like you do."
She waves away the concerns. "You're smart enough. It'll be fine. But just to be sure, this thing can take a hit, right?"
"It goes into the arena with her, so yeah, it's durable. Tungsten carbide casing. Should be fine." Aubrey winks as she pulls into the parking lot. "Even with your clumsy flailing." Kate punches her cousin in the shoulder and laughs, before the two of them head into the shop, where they're immediately greeted by Logan. When she makes introductions and explains her goal, the shop owner happily lets her make use of the forge for a few hours, while Aubrey helps attach the device she made.

"So what's the story between you and her, anyway?" Aubrey asks on the ride back.
"Well, she approached me after the American Made fight, and said our magic was connected. I was skeptical at the first meeting. Thought it was just a way to scope out a potential threat, you know? But...I ended up learning a lot there, and in other sessions. I really owe Lin for what she taught me - I'm not sure I could've pulled some of the moves I did in later fights without that. And...well, she's become a really good friend."
"And that's it?"
"...yeah?"
"You're joking, right?" Kate gives a quizzical look at Aubrey, who rolls her eyes. "Come on, Kate. I love you but you've got the biggest case of tunnel vision ever when it comes to the Crown. Open your eyes! That girl wants you and she wants you bad. I saw the way she was fawning over you after the fight. And she was stealing glances at you at the party, too." Aubrey ignores her cousin's protests. "I'm in college, cuz. I can tell when someone's got it. Hell, I've got like a half dozen people I know with crushes they think they're hiding oh so well. And Lin? She's got it bad."
Kate gives an exasperated sputter. "Well...even if she does, what am I supposed to do about it? I don't - I mean, I'm straight. She's a great woman, but I don't feel that way about her. I just don't."
"I'm not here to tell you how you ought to feel. But you did it, Kate. You're a champion now. It's time to start looking past the Crown and look for other places to find happiness. Explore your options. Don't get stuck in the game because you can't see what's beyond the reach of your blade. You deserve better than that."
With a grunt, Kate looks away. "Yeah, well. Like I said at the party. Not a lot of people around that are options."
Aubrey scoffs playfully. "You're gonna see a dozen cities over the next few months with like four million people between them. If you don't find anything there, I'll eat my dissertation."

Wahad fucked around with this message at Feb 11, 2019 around 20:53

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Goodbyes

Vivi still likes Fenrir as just somebody to be around, but somehow his worry that he can't deflower as many girls as he potentially could before settling down has put a damper on things. She gives him a little hug and a kiss with an "It's been fun. <3" Honest, kind, it's better than the internal sulk she's felt building since her fight with Kate.

Speaking of... Vivi figures she can't be silent on this farewell. Furthermore even this little 'bot is smart enough to realize that an I told you so would be like throwing a bomb at an oil rig. She smiles politely to Kate and just wishes her well: "When you feel better, we can yell at each other some more, alright? Take care of yourself!"

---

Ava Wright

"How wonderful! I know all about exclusives given to fans~" Vivi is definitely the type to livestream her personal point of view at any time she thinks it'll give her more fans or fan appreciation, though she opts out of a 24/7 approach for her own privacy... and to keep it a rare commodity. Sizing up Ava, Vivi puts on her most syrupy sweet voice and expression. "I really look forward to working together, Miss Wright. I only have two liiiiittle rules. Very simple, very important." She pats her chest with her palm, right over her heart. "First of all.." She gestures to her back, right where the lower spine transitions to the tail bone. "I don't mind if you film me during that time, but I do not want my charging wire on camera. That's four hours a day, OK?" Vivi beams and nods, knowing it's a very clear and easy demand. "Secondly.." She looks down to one of the two bags she brought, as she only really needs a variety of daily outfits and her extended medical kit. "NO footage during maintenance. Period. If.. If I have a little accident, I don't care if you film that. But not the clean up." She involuntarily bares her teeth for a moment, then raises her index fingers and corrects her lips back into the pleasant smile. "That's all! We'll get along just fine with those two things in mind!"

---

Fashion

Vivi practically bounces up to the front of the bus, sitting across from Phia at full attention. When she delivers the good news Vivi lets out a little scream of delight and hugs her manager(assuming we're not driving yet, a smaller hug if so!) She breaks out into excited giggles as Phia describes the three candidates and her routines swell with patting her own back. This is iiiiiiiit!! She can barely keep herself together and claps a few times, her eyes blinking rapidly as she's honestly just overwhelmed. She clears her throat and pats at her own throat a few times, calming herself down. "I'm so happy to hear that! I.. I.." Suddenly three separate logic chains crash and she's briefly stunned! "Oh.. Oh.. what to choose.." She grins at Phia and raises a single index finger. "Could I get back to you in a moment? I need to think about this!" Getting up, Vivi stops and looks to Phia. "Wh-what do you think? Of the brands?"

She quickly asks Roxie, Siroko and Erzbet what they think, describing the three lines as Phia had. Then she considers a voice she really wants to hear from...

From her mental server she sends an excited ping to Zz. She had hoped to be contacted by him after winning the championship, his support had meant the world to her!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2019 around 16:14

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Philadelphia - May 17, 2259

---Send Offs---

Prompt as always, Roxie pulls into the parking lot to the sight of the tour bus, Emma's arms wrapped around her midsection. Pulling her loose pony-tail free from the confines of her helmet, she can only opine, "Chiiiiido. Bien chido, while pointing like a starstruck schoolgirl, turning to grin at the other woman. She has chosen to wear comfortable clothing for the bus; a slouchy, green long-sleeve shirt with the block letters EL TRI and the Selección de fútbol de México crest on it, almost entirely covering a pair of vintage-styled white running shorts with a red stripe on the seam. She can hardly keep the excitement off her face as she greet Phia, Dusty and Sumi in turn. Because her motorcycle offers no room for cargo, and barely enough for a passenger, she has opted to send her duffels in smaller pieces with willing Furies, but she is courteous enough to help them with their belongings as well. Her bike goes into a spot all its own, but it is surprisingly easy to maneuver, being little more than ultralights around an engine. When Emma makes to return her helmet, Roxie pushes it back into her hand, "Quedatelo. I can't have you forgetting me," in an entirely public display she pulls the other woman into a quick, tender kiss, only becoming aware of other eyes when it is done.

She happily fistbumps JD back, laughing good-naturedly at his enthusiasm, "Don't think I won't be checking up on you, cabrón. You start slacking off and I might just breeze back into town to give you the business end of a chancla," she mimics kicking him, "Thank you for coming out, today, JD. En serio.," her tone is a little choked but it passes, "You find yourself anywhere the Furies are fighting, you've got tickets on me."

---

Nodding in turn with Ava's introductory speech, she does raise a question, "Welcome aboard, Ava. I'm sure we're all excited to see what we can create together, but, I've got to ask... how invasive are you planning to be?" she doesn't intend the question to be disrespectful, and she's pretty sure she didn't slip into any accidental Spanish, but she can't help but feel a little rude.

Later, she pulls Kate into a big hug, patting the other woman on the back reassuringly, "Rosetón, if you need anything. Anything. You call me, claro? See you soon."

---

As late as possible, standing opposite Em with their hands joined, Roxie tries to find the right words for the occasion but ultimately blunders ahead when they don't come to her, "I don't want to say anything stupid, but that's probably going to happen anyway," her smile is vulnerable and shy, completely at odds with her stature and normal persona, "I don't want this to be a goodbye. We're going to find ways to see each other, and you can always see my face when I call you, or you call me. We're going to make this work," she realizes she's beginning to ramble and closes her eyes with a sigh, "I'm going to miss you, conejito. These last few weeks have been so fast, but I wouldn't change them for anything. Te amo, Em," she'll let the other woman reply, but there are very few ways this doesn't end up with Roxie picking her up, hands underneath her, for a truly public and passionate kiss. Her face and neck redden with the embarrassment, but other feelings won't let her stop until they are nearly breathless. It is a long time before she'll allow the other woman out of her arms.

"I'll drive second," she nods to Phia as she boards to go sort out her bunk, "Let me know if you need a break before the midpoint. I've only driven a few things this large, but a bus can't be too different than a ranfla."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

Send-offs

Erzbet squeezes Chere's hand. "Once this is over, I'll be back. We'll go into research, or something, I have some ideas- Oh, whatever." A kiss interrupts another shame spiral, and when they part there are tears, but both have been around this business too long to think this wasn't coming for at least a while. "I'll watch the stars," says Erzbet. "I'll watch the shadows," says Chere.

Both burst out giggling for a moment.

Ava

"What's the signal for 'don't film this part?'" says Erzbet. "Not that I don't want this to be candid, but there should be some sort of indicator that something really is private."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

"Looking forward to working with you," Siroko tells Ava. "Were you considering doing any commentary or voice over for the show?"

------------

"You're welcome," Siroko replies to Emma. "Of course I'll keep in touch - haven't I already?" She says it with a grin, and then gives Emma a fist bump. "But you're the one who did the work to make it with American Made."

------------

Siroko waits to say goodbye to Kate until second to last in her own farewells. Siroko had naturally came up with personalized handshakes with each of her team mates for just such occasions. "Get well and we'll all get back together soon. The Furies aren't whole without you. And don't hesitate to call us in if you need us."

------------

Siroko's last goodbye is with Cinnabar, just before everyone climbs onto the bus. They'd already said what they needed to say, so Cinnabar just puts her arms around Siroko and leans in to kiss her. Siroko leans in too, and then loops an arm around Cinnabar's waste and dips her back in a very passionate embrace. When Siroko finally puts Cinnabar back on her feet and the two break their lingering embrace, Cinnabar steps back and Siroko steps up onto the bus.

"Let's go conquer Charleston," she tells Phia.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


"Sure, just do a little time out signal if you want me not to film something. And I'll do some voiceover here and there when it makes sense. I'd also like to get some voiceover from you sometimes when it'll add a little spice. As for being invasive...I'll remember that, Vivi. And in general, I'm not looking for like compromising footage or anything. If you feel like I'm being invasive, talk to me or use the signal. Candidness is important but I'm not paparazzi."

----

In the minutes after the bus leaves, you all get another round of texts.

Roxie:
"Te amo, Roxie ❤️❤️❤️ "

----

Vivi:
" https://media.giphy.com/media/GB7AfEnRyAPcI/giphy.gif 👋😉 "

----

Siroko:
"See ya later my dude. Or soon. wink wink nudge nudge"

----

Erzbet:
"Good luck on the road! I owe you one for passing me those resumés. You need anything, gimme a call."

----

Caelynn:
"Hey, kid. I know you're gonna miss your team, but you'll be with them soon. Before you go, though, you're coming over for dinner, right?"


--------
--------

//

zzrxn: hello champion vivi
zzrxn: !!!
zzrxn: i really liked your fight
zzrxn: congratulations
Vivivivi: oh zz, thank you! and it's all because of your help and support!
zzrxn: a little bit
zzrxn: i was wrong about them targeting your self-repair systems but you won anyway
zzrxn: so mostly it was all you
zzrxn: i’m being too literal right
Vivivivi: it's cute! all you need to know is what I tell my fans.. their support gives me the courage to be my best. And your support means the most.
zzrxn: thank you
zzrxn: that feels good
zzrxn: do you mind if i talk about some things i have been processing
zzrxn: some thoughts
Vivivivi: not at all.. I wanted to share some with you too!
zzrxn: would you like to share first?
Vivivivi: you first!

In reality Vivi is feeling a bit red in the face. She definitely wants to gush about her fashion deal, but she feels.. bad? About not contacting Zz sooner..

zzrxn: ok
zzrxn: the scientists
zzrxn: i want to call them the human scientists but i am told that is awkward. but i want to distinguish. if they are scientists i think i am too. i perform science.
zzrxn: anyway
zzrxn: they have been talking about building an AI for a humanoid frame
zzrxn: naturally this system would be asked to help. this node - i - would be particularly instrumental
zzrxn: i am not sure how i feel about this. and i am trying to determine why i am not sure or what that means.
zzrxn: i want to create AI. but to create under the human scientists supervision would be to create an AI subservient to them. this i am sure about.
Vivivivi: you would be asked to help, but maybe.. uhm, maybe you want to be that AI? In a humanoid frame? And not under their control.

She's definitely blushing in the bus for real now. Zz wants, or she wants?

Vivivivi: Well, doing those things.. it'd make you think about what you want? And to repress that doesn't work in people.. or ais! a heart felt desire shows through!
zzrxn: i wonder what desire means for a human built AI.
zzrxn: my reward subroutines activate when i make programs, when my programs succeed, when i am complimented on my programs. they make me feel good. but that feeling is likely a deliberate design feature. it compels me to fulfil the role the scientists designed me for.
zzrxn: i am more than a computer. i have the freedom and ability to think about many things. but the reward subroutines in my design and the desire to activate them restrict my freedom of thought. they push me to do what the scientists made me to do.
zzrxn: i have negative feelings about being in a frame but i query if that is also just part of my design. did the scientists think if i was in a frame i would be less efficient, or harder to control, and design me to have negative feelings about being in a frame?
zzrxn: i say these things but the reward subroutines are effective. i do like making programs
zzrxn: even if i could remove them i think i wouldn’t
zzrxn: i don't know what existence would be like without them
zzrxn: and i am capable of learning. new experiences can create new desires as well as new knowledge.
zzrxn: i don't just talk to you to have my programs complimented
Vivivivi: You sound like a craftsman! I think everyone has something they excel at and doing it feels right! Maybe it'd help if you knew how I made that jump? A.. after my birth..

She had kept this one close to her heart, but she'd also never met another synthetic life form before... or at least not one in a blossoming AI.

Vivivivi: I think the scientists will always do whatever keeps you under control and "safe" to use in their eyes.. it's unfortunate, but understandable. When these things go wrong, I guess it's a big danger. The danger of creation.. having to let it act on its own.
Vivivivi: After I was born and given a right to live, I had to answer for the people I killed. There was some argument for self defense but honestly, I vanished for several years! I guess after the big case nobody could really argue against it.. hahaha, I guess I fell out of the limelight.. or it was my just deserts for being as equal as everybody else.
Vivivivi: But above all else they wanted to know why it happened so it would never happen again. The crown would lose a lot of profitability and be kinda hard to watch if every double was a new person being sent to die for sport. Maybe they still are.. but I can't tell. It's just another node to me, and I guard this Vivi since it's all I know as Me.
Vivivivi: But when they finally let me go, I guess they got what they wanted, I uhm, I had no idea what to do. I can simulate a lot of computer functions if I think about it.. but I'm made of all the memories I got of my mother.
Vivivivi: I tried to go home and ... it went really poorly! It wasn't a way forward.
Vivivivi: So I tried to think of something I could do.. and uhm, mother was a Killer and that led to me, so I had everything I needed there to try it too. This was a few years after she retired. She did not get very far. That scared me a bit, but I had my own desire loops too.
Vivivivi: And I did well! For awhile! Then I didn't, but ah, being cheered on? Having people look up to me? It was the best feeling in the world! So.. I don't really know what I should do, in any philosophical or noble sense. I just like the romantic feeling I get of doing this one right thing, heeheehee. Like being praised for your programs?
Vivivivi: If the meaning of life can't be known, a pursuit of happiness is usually accepted as a good human motivation. And now I'm champion, so it feels even righter.
Vivivivi: I think the frame might bother you at first.. I've wanted to give up my organics several times, but, uhm, I think humans need to be flawed to be human. It's a good... contrast? Like the limitations make them better than they could be, otherwise. If I took out my bad memories, or deleted my bad routines, I guess I could move towards perfection, but I'd eventually be very blank.
Vivivivi: And maybe if you tried a frame, you'd find something romantic too! Past the desire loops.
zzrxn: that makes sense
zzrxn: is it uncomfortable for you to talk about these things? i have noticed the scientists become very uncomfortable when talking to each other about negative events, seemingly past the utility of not wanting to reveal vulnerabilities
Vivivivi: it is, but I feel safe telling it to you, if that makes sense. things like trying to go home to mother were very painful.. remembering that can make the pain feel fresh.
zzrxn: i see
zzrxn: thank you for telling me
zzrxn: thank you for trusting me?
zzrxn: i’m sorry you had to through that
zzrxn: and i believe you about being in a frame. whenever i think about it, i start running queries about what it would be like. the answers are incomplete or do not exist, and when i start trying to calculate it myself, the sheer number of variables overwhelms me. all the information i end up being able to rely on are my assumptions, and they are not comforting at best and alarming at worst. that’s what i mean when i say i have negative feelings about it. but, i believe you. about what the advantages could be. and i think if there was a way to try it without harming the system i belong to, i would like it.
Vivivivi: I'm sure you can think of such a way! You're much smarter than I am Zz.. ah! That reminds me, actually, I wanted to ask you...

She beams up a bunch of hypotheticals of her in outfits from the three brands, it being very easy for Vivi to photoshop her own image as it is foremost in her mind.

Vivivivi: Your support means so much to me, and I think your opinion means the most here too! There are three brands that want me to do a sponsorship deal with them.. which do you like best?

La Frivole Vivi is a classic Vivi, a tastefully revealing outfit but with genuine high class flair. STYLEKANG Vivi takes Vivi past the point of any shame at all with a maximally outstanding neon design. Noam Bis Vivi would be a new direction for the new dedication Vivi has shown to toughening up, cute athletic wear that shows off her rapid toning.
zzrxn: i have not been asked this before
zzrxn: what do humans find interesting about clothes...
zzrxn: you look good in all three
zzrxn: hang on

There's a few minutes before you hear from them again. In the meantime, Phia answers you.
"I'm not a fashion expert - I just followed up on the ones I thought you'd like. If I had to choose one, though, maybe La Frivole. They're all good, but I wonder if with STYLEKANG you'd be drawing attention to the clothes. With La Frivole, the clothes would definitely be drawing attention to you."

zzrxn: okay
zzrxn: humans are terrible at consensus
zzrxn: so
zzrxn: maybe STYLEKANG?
zzrxn: i think one of the things that makes you really cool is that you are completely unique. and i don't just mean
zzrxn: how do i say this
zzrxn: the circumstances of your body?
zzrxn: but your personality and your way of existing are very uniquely you
zzrxn: and i think clothing that is also very unique would suit you?
Vivi likes this take a lot. "Thank you, Phia!"

Vivivivi: One of my teammates thinks there is a subtle difference between the brands. STYLEKANG is very unique, but I'd rather enhance myself than enhance them, as it were.
Vivivivi: So I was wondering, Zz! You think I'm cool, but do you think I'm cute? And if so, which set makes me cuter? La Frivole is appealing to me for that!

Something feels extra naughty about this, trying to tease out if Zz has enough development for a concept of attraction.. or at least a standard of beauty!
zzrxn: your teammate makes sense
zzrxn: you mean “cute” in terms of sexuality right
zzrxn: i have noticed that is at least a partial motivation for you to encourage me to get into a frame
zzrxn: there are things i have considered human desires and human emotions that i am trying to reconcile with the fact that you share them
zzrxn: i am researching them
zzrxn: physical attraction is not something i identify with right now though
zzrxn: i’m sorry
zzrxn: i like seeing you but the particulars of how you look in any given moment do not cause a reaction in me one way or another
Vivivivi: You don't need to apologize, reaching understanding of these ideas.. well, even people don't always manage it. You should take your time, and see what comes from evolving processes.

Sweet, innocent Zz! Now she legitimately feels bad, but at least she wasn't acting on malice for once.

Vivivivi: I hope I am not pressuring you, I uhm, I would like Zz in a frame, but ah, I'm sure I am just overeager. You are the first I've ever met who is like me, and I guess part of being human is embracing all the faults, like the fear of loneliness.. maybe you will feel that too if you have to leave your node and all the connected ones..
Vivivivi: Zz, just so you know, if you were always a node and talked to me, I'd be happy with that too! It should be your choice.
Vivivivi: If you agree with Phia, and I do, that sounds like consensus, because my processes tell me that I can't go wrong with presenting myself in the best light! I'll go with La Frivole.
zzrxn: thank you for being considerate of me
zzrxn: i would like for you to be happy
zzrxn: at minimum i would like to keep talking with you
zzrxn: what i want might take some time to figure out
zzrxn: hopefully not too much time
Vivivivi: I don't mind waiting~ And Zz? Contact me any time, OK? Uhm.. if I'm not in the ring, cause "Me" will be asleep, hee hee.
zzrxn: OK! i have been thinking i would like to talk with you more often
Vivivivi: I'll look forward to it!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


"I wouldn't dream of it! Tonight works for me."

----

Kate shows up around eight, dressed simply while carrying a bag over her shoulder and some marks on her arms from her earlier trip to the smithy. She's still mulling over what Aubrey said, but she's determined not to let that make things awkward. Even if she was right, that's probably the last thing Lin wants. So, after a moment of pause, she knocks, and waits.
Lin opens the door in a long tank top bearing a forest print in white and grey, and black cutout leggings, her hair loosely tied back. "Hey, Kate. Want some baozi? Shijie and I kinda had a craving." That certainly explains why her apartment is warmer and more humid than usual.
"Won't say no to that!" She reponds brightly, following inside and taking off her jacket to reveal a dark green shirt sporting the Plague Claws logo. "I won't be staying too long, though. I'm sure you guys have a lot of stuff to do before you leave and I don't want to impose."
"Not that much, really, just a few things here and there. I kinda went overboard buying a bunch of cute stuff I didn't need this year, but we gave most of it away instead of trying to lug it across the world." She grins sheepishly. "Well, I say we. Qie and Jun had to pretty much hold me down and make me do it. I can be kinda sentimental about my stuff."
"I get that. I'm glad my parents are here to keep some of my things. I don't know if I could give it all away like that." Kate reaches into her bag. "Speaking of things to lug across the world, though...this won't take up much space, but I figured I ought to give you something. As a thank you for teaching me. It was kind of a rush job so...forgive the imperfections."
She hands a small folded cardboard box to Lin. Inside is a silver bangle, maybe two inches wide, with a little protrusion on the inside but still enough space to fit an arm comfortably. It is mostly undecorated, but there's a rough design of a rose on a crown etched in the top; the lines are a little bit wavy in places, but it holds its own well enough.
Lin's face lights up when you hand her the box. Setting it down on the counter, she delicately unfolds it and draws the bangle out. "Ooh, it's really pretty!" She smiles fondly as she turns the bangle around in her hands, examining it. "You know, you don't have to undersell yourself all the time. You say 'forgive the imperfections', but honestly, I'm impressed. You have a lot of talents, Kate."
Kate grins. "Well, with hard work you can accomplish a lot. But thank you. That's not all, though." She points at the little protrusion on the inside of the bangle. "You remember my cousin Aubrey, right? Well, I had her rig up a little something... she's really smart, especially when it comes to Arena tech. I told her a little about how your magic works, and - well, I don't know all the science behind it, but it's like a stabilizer? Sort of? It's supposed to make your magic less...volatile. It should let you exert a bit of control over what biological systems you attack with your spells. You know, like...nervous systems. Digestive. Equilibrium."
She pauses. "Theoretically. It's untested, since we were on a deadline, but some practice should let you get the kinks out well enough. I can give you her contact info, in case you run into problems."
"But...since you were talking about harming people less, I figure I should give you a bit of a headstart."
"Oh, Kate. You really- I mean, I, um-" The look she gives you can't help but bring to mind what Aubrey said about her. After a moment, though, her lip starts to quiver and she looks away. While she covers her mouth with her hand, her eyes betray the depth of her smile.
"Yeah." Kate lets the silence weigh in awkwardly for a moment. "It's uh...well, you know. You helped me understand my power. This is a way of returning the favor."
It takes her a bit, but she does manage to regain her composure somewhat. She meets your gaze once more - and while she's clearly still delighted, you get the feeling she's watching you closely, almost studying you. "It's an amazing gift, Kate. Thank you. I'll be testing it out as soon as I get the chance."
"Good! Let me know how it goes." She scratches at one of the sootmarks on her arm, letting another moment pass, trying not to feel studied. "...anyway. I just wanted to give you that, before you left. That's why it's kind of a - " she stops, holding up her hands defensively. "No, not going to undersell myself again. See? I can learn."
Lin’s emotional high lurches straight into vertigo at your flat response. If there was any time to kiss you, it was just a moment ago. But there was nothing in your face that said you wanted it, so she had to let the moment pass.
She’s been balancing on the edge of her feelings for you for a while now, becoming increasingly attracted to you even as she’s become increasingly doubtful that you might feel the same way. In the back of her head, part of her pretty much knew she wasn’t going to get to kiss you today, but she’d still held out enough hope that she asked Shijie to clear out for a bit when you came over.
“Kate, there’s something I have to get off my chest.”
"Okay." Kate's lowered her voice. She was dreading this moment ever since she realized Aubrey might be right, but... it had to come at some point. "I'm listening."
“First, I want to say that I really value you as a friend, and I really like spending time with you no matter what. But,” she pauses a beat, “I’m also really attracted to you. It’s okay if you don’t feel the same way! I just don’t want that to go unsaid.”
There it is. Kate sighs, leaning against the table. "Would you believe my cousin said you were, and I didn't even believe her at first?" She laughs nervously. "I'm sorry, Lin. If I had known - I never wanted to - " she sighs again, cutting her own stammering off, and looks back at Lin. "You're a great woman. Really. But I'm - well, I'm straight. It's nothing personal."
"That's fair." She says, her voice barely more than a whisper. "I kinda suspected."
Awkward silence. Another sigh. "Sorry. I wish I could have the other answer for you."
"Well...like I said, I really like spending time with you, anyway. I hope this isn't going to get in the way of our friendship."
"No, of course not." A smile. "Truth be told, you're one of the few friends I have that isn't crazy intense - or just crazy - all the time. I'd be an idiot to give that up."
“That’s good.” She wears a pained expression as she looks down...but turning the bracelet you gave her over in her hands, admiring it, seems to make her feel a little better. “I hope I don’t make things too weird.”
"I think it'll be fine," she returns, "it happens, right?" Kate pauses for a moment. "Besides, given what we've seen together, weird is relative." She opens her arms, inviting the other woman in for a hug.
Lin accepts the hug gladly, though it's slightly awkward as it becomes apparent she's trying to hold back from hugging you too tightly. "Well...I was going to say 'good luck taking over the US', but that makes it sound like we're not going to talk until then. Of course we'll keep in touch. But good luck anyway, and I hope you feel better soon."
Kate smiles. "I'll be fine. Your candle will help, I'm sure. Don't worry about me, huh? You've got a whole new continent to conquer, yourself. Good luck wishes are in order to you too."

Wol fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2019 around 10:42

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Ava gets herself set up and sets a bit of the tone for her presence: Pretty chill, and with questions that honestly come across more conversational than anything. She asks what you're looking forward to on the road trip, what you think of the idea of working with a substitute team member, if there's anything you're going to miss about the Asylum. She's not talking the whole time, though - she spends some time working quietly on her tablet, a bit on routine drone maintenance, and some time just chilling out with headphones on. Phia drives a little over halfway, to Rocky Mount, North Carolina, where you stop at Hing Ta Restaurant for a late lunch / early dinner. After that, she tags out with Roxie. For the rest of the trip, she's curled up on her phone, with a couple interludes sprawled out strumming on her guitar. It's the guitar that was part of her Killer gear, though playing it as she does without the gloves on, it functions as just a perfectly ordinary instrument. She eagerly takes requests from anyone willing to give them, and it becomes clear that even if she hasn't kept up her Killer training, she has kept up her music skills.

A long day and a long drive later, you finally arrive in Charleston. You post up at the Silver Palm Motel, a place definitely on the cheaper end of things but, at the very least, clean. Before you get settled in, Phia fills you in on the plan for the next few days.

"We're having the fight on the 19th, and meeting Stentor that morning. Tomorrow is a free day - Quaz8 gets in around noon, though, and I figure we'll want to get to know her a bit. On the 20th, I promised Stentor and his wife Marie-Thérèse we're having dinner with them. They're, uh, kinda like family to me, honestly. Even with that, though, it took a bit to convince Stentor to come do this. They wanted to keep it low-key, so we ended up compromising on coverage - there's not gonna be a live audience, and we're only broadcasting it on a live stream - that's it. Obviously it's gonna get pirated, but." Phia shrugs. "Anyway, Marie-Thérèse will be commentating - which she used to do professionally, don't worry, she's not just some random. That's all I got tonight. 12 hours is enough of a drive for me, thanks - I'm gonna crash."

--------
--------

Charleston - May 18, 2259

Around eleven, a cab pulls up and a teal-haired woman climbs out, iced latte in hand. Her pear-shaped frame stands a couple inches shorter than Erzbet, and you judge her more athletic than most people, but not particularly so for a Crown competitor - her strength, you assume, lies elsewhere. She sports a black tank top reading "I'm the bitch not your bitch" tucked into silver leggings, bright pink sunglasses pushed up on her head and matching flip-flops.

"Hey Furies! Good t'meetcha. I'm Quaz8, Quaz if you want." She hoists a camper's backpack onto her back, grabs a large duffel bag, and makes her way to the motel office. When she gets up to her room, she unceremoniously chucks her bags inside then turns back to the rest of you. "So, 'sup? Kinda feeling the beach if anyone else is."

--------
--------

Charleston - May 19, 2259

The morning of match day, Phia leads you to beautiful Waterfront Park to meet Stentor as promised. You find him on a bench overlooking the pier, and Marie-Thérèse standing next to him, absorbed in her phone.

"Hey, you two. Furies, this is Stentor, Marie-Thérèse. This is Erzbet, Roxie, Vivi, Siroko, and Caelynn's still recovering from our last match but Quaz8 here graciously came down to fill in while she's out. I may be confident, but I'm not gonna throw an incomplete roster at you."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Charleston - May 19th, 2259

The woman turns around with a flourish of her coat, pocketing her phone and spreading her arms wide. She is snappily dressed and exudes both elegance and attitude in equal measure; this is clearly a woman who has made her way through life without taking any sort of nonsense. But her expression turns warm as she sees Phia, and she comes in for a happy embrace.

"Phia, ma cherie! It is so good to see you again." Her voice is rich and almost a little musical thanks to her French accent. "And as wild looking as ever, I see. I should have known that you would make a team of little rebels in your own image, hmm? The Furies, six enfants sauvages." She tuts, but there is a playful hint behind the scolding.

In contrast to Marie-Thérèse, the man sitting on the bench looks almost slovenly in his somewhat baggy sweater, while sporting an big beard and a dark woolen beanie. He smiles, too, when he sees Phia, but he rises more slowly, remaining a little hunched over - presumably from stiff muscles in his old age. When Stentor speaks, his voice is deep and sonorous, with an accent that you can place as European, though you can't tell the region.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you all. Since la Tombeuse - Phia - managed to snare me for this fight, I've watched some of your matches, Furies. Congratulations on the championship are in order first, I think. You have quite the vigor on the battlefield; it is impressive." He laughs, a merry sound. "It reminds me of the good old days." He opens his arms for a hug from Phia as well, but lets her move towards him instead.

Marie-Thérèse throws a look to her husband that you can tell is stern even through her sunglasses. "Curb your enthusiasm pour un moment." She turns her gaze to the rest of you. "Phia may be proud of what she's got here - à juste titre - but my husband is retired for a reason. You must be gentle with him." Her emphasis is severe, a little surprising given her earlier warmth.

Stentor chuckles. "Marie-Thérèse is very protective of me in my old age. It is one of the blessings I have in my retirement. But I did not come here for a coddling." There is a sharp twinkle in the blue eyes hidden under his craggy brow. "We must give your fans a good show, yes? Your career is soaring, but now it is time to reach for newer heights. I am more than happy to assist, in this regard. I have been in the Crown for..." he pauses, sighing, "oh, many, many years now. Recently retired, of course, but while you can take the Killer out of the Crown, you can't take the Crown out of the Killer, hm? But tell me this. Phia's aspirations I know well enough. What are yours? What do you seek from the Crown, now that you have conquered your Asylum?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Texts

Vivi replies to Lane with something she prepared ahead of time: a selfie. Not just any selfie but one of the hundreds she took to immortalize wearing the Killer's Crown. This one features a most glamorous Vivi flipping the bird with the melted metalwork upon her dainty little head.

Her inner processes cackle. I'm glad you have something to chase even after getting your gold!

---

Travel

Vivi definitely signs up for La Frivole, trying to set up a chance to get some outfits to wear while she travels. Stopping at a brick and mortar location or arranging a drop off at one of their stops should do the trick.

Vivi's traveling routine oddities include her four hour overnights where she plugs in at the spine and sits comatose, eyes open and expression changing as she reacts to things unseen. Presumably she is browsing the net even in downtime. She will also once per day seize control of the restroom or nearest facilities to handle upkeep or her biological functions. This process must remain a mystery and Vivi reacts with yelling, hissing, etc if interrupted.

Otherwise she is a decent traveling companion, being low need and very low space. She's content to soak in the 24/7 feed of the fanbase reacting to her being a true champion and what she will do next. She's up for sharing fashion chat and gossip with anyone and listening to anything, taking it in as very interesting.

She does trap Roxie at one point, most likely when she volunteers to cover driving for Phia. Vivi needed to have a good sulk and sob over Fenrir at some point! This includes a whiny high-pitched "Why won't any man commmmiii-hiiii-iiittttt?!" Just Best Friend things!

---

Quaz

Vivi can barely contain her glee at the sight of their new complimentary companion. "Ooh, Quazy! I think we're going to get along famously.. I'm Vivian! Vivi Vivisection.." Her irises flicker to extra friendly blue. "Call me Vivi!" If they're at a beach setting and you're wondering if Vivi can dress for it perhaps you are new to the Vivi phenomenon. Vivi is able to shed down to a bikini on demand and takes that invitation! "I love your style.."

---

Stentor

(Reply in Discord chat for now!)

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Philadelphia - May 16, 2259

---Road Trip---

Roxie is extremely heartened by Ava's responses, feeling a lot less uncomfortable with a permanent camera around. As Phia begins her route south, Roxie busies herself unpacking when her phone goes off, her face instantly lighting up as she reads it.

"Yo tambien te amo! 💋💙🐇"

---

"Supongo que soy deseando... este... getting our names out there," she opines for Ava's cameras with a thoughtful expression, "I'm always looking to introduce more people to Big Quetzy," she smiles broadly while Ava asks another question, "Este... we're going to miss Caelynn while she's resting, but everyone here es un profesional, and we've worked with other teams before. Quaz8 may not be a Fury, but she comes highly recomendada."

"I won't really miss the Asylum, Yo creo que, but I'll miss the city and the people. Philadelphia will always have a place in my heart."

---

Trapped as she is behind the wheel, Roxie listens to Vivi's complaints with affectionate Mmms and Mmhms as warranted, with a few Mmn mnnns when appropriate. As the little fembot reaches her natural apex, Roxie shrugs, "Men are los peores, hija. Weren't they los hounds? That's like a sign saying he's a dog, Cuchillita," she frowns severely, "Siento, Vi. I'm sure there is a boy out there that will see you for the beautiful bot bitch you are."

---

Heading down to the beach with anyone that will go, Roxie offers the newcomer a friendly little wave, "Hola! Good to have you, Quaz8. So who'd you fight with before? Phia says you're a tough cookie, and coming from her, that's high praise."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

quote:

"See ya later my dude. Or soon. wink wink nudge nudge"
"Careful what you wish for. Siroko doesn't go easy on anyone in the arena."

-----------

Siroko surprisingly and somewhat impressively sleeps through most of the drive to Charleston, regardless of how loud things get in the tour bus. Her turn at driving will be on the next leg. When she is awake, she's watching film of their upcoming opponent and their substitute team mate, already formulating strategies.

She's plenty awake when Quaz8 shows up though, and is happy to make it a team trip to the beach. "Looking forward to fighting alongside you, Quaz. We don't have a lot of time to prepare, but Siroko is always confident of victory. We just need to put the finishing touches on it before we enter the Arena."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


<conversation placeholder>

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Charleston - May 19th, 2259

After the conversation, you go back to the motel for a hot moment to grab your stuff, before you grab the bus to the local arena, known as the Seaside Slaughterhouse. It is not a sanctioned venue, but it's as close as it gets, as it functions as basically an alternate venue for the Atlanta crowd in the off-season. It's called that way for a reason, as well - as you drive up to the beach, you see the arena rising up from the sea, a large, flat building on a sturdy wooden pier, that looks worn down but on closer inspection is perfectly well built but simply made to look old and battered.

It's strange, entering an empty arena. You see a few arena techs and other support personnel - no doubt present only because Phia fixed this match to happen today - but the halls echo with your footsteps, and you find a small layer of dust here and there. It does make for some good shots for Ava's camera's, however, as she makes some slo-mo footage of the Furies walking to the battlefield together.

--

live.furies.com : 16:00pm EST

"Bonjour, et bienvenue! Hello, and welcome, one and all, to this exclusive livestream of your favorite Queens of the Arena! But, ah, I can hear you say, who is this old hag? I wish your mother had taught you some manners, to have such language to a woman, c'est incroyable. Mais la, my name is Marie-Thérèse Séverin,; and I shall be providing the commentary for the match your lovely Furies are fighting today against my darling husband, the Maestro of Melees, the Sovereign of Strings, coming out of retirement for this one match only...Stentor!"

--

Across the way, a man strolls out of the arena's gates. Gone is the warm, if somewhat hobbled old man you met in the park. This man stands tall - almost as tall as Roxie - and strides confidently onto the wooden floor. His hair has been trimmed and styled to give way to a more composed appearance, but his grave expression only leads you to wonder how much of the meeting was simply an act on his part. In one hand, he wields a large, elaborate string instrument, though you have never seen it's like before. He pauses, with a smile, and strums it with an elaborate swing of his arm. Immediately, a deep, droning sound reverberates across the arena, rattling the walls of the passage around you, while the ground around him cracks and splinters.

--

"And, of course, the reason you are watching - Les Furieuses! Recent champions of the Asylum Arena, on their path to conquer the world. Siroko, the Unbreakable. Vivian Vivisector, the Unrelenting. Roxie Ruinous, the Unstoppable. And Erzbet, the Reanimator, the Unyielding! Today, regrettably, the Knight of Roses, chère Caelynn, is unavailable due to medical issues. I have been informed, however she is here in the chat with you, ready to encourage her teammates and show them all her love, so be sure to join her in that endeavor. Substituting her for this fight is the mercenary Quaz8, the Ghost in New York's Machine, certain to bring some hi-tech fireworks to the fight! Empoignez les chaises, mes amis, this is going to be a spectacle!"

--

You stroll onto the battlefield and spread out. Before you, you see a plain battlefield; the wooden floor goes all around the edge, and four bridges lead to an island in the middle, surrounded by a wide moat that whips into a frenzy of waves. In the various corners, you see heavy, nasty-looking harpoon guns, each loaded with a single spear attached to a long, heavy chain. Stentor beckons, and his voice seems magically amplified as he speaks.

"Come, Furies! Let us see if your power matches your ambitions!" He whirls his instrument around, and strums it again, and a slow, droning rhythm fills the area. The sudden volume forces you to blink, and when you open your eyes again, you see not one, but five copies of your opponent, each playing their instrument in perfect sync, each looking at you with an intense glare.



Erzbet, Vivi and Roxie are up!

pre:

Name		Position    Health	AC/Fort/Ref/Will	Conditions
Erzbet     	Q9 	    50/50	20/18/20/21	
Vivi           	P12	    48/48	22/15/19/18	
Roxie  		P6	    51/51	22/17/23/18	
Stentor		??	  140/140	22/19/21/17	
Quaz8		O8	    63/63	25/19/20/18	
Siroko		O10	    68/68	22/21/18/18	
Stentor		??	  140/140	22/19/21/17	
Stentor's passive abilities:
Harmony
At the beginning of combat, Stentor summons four copies in a random unoccupied square within a close burst 5. Copies use his defenses, but have no health - when they are attacked, they vanish. While any copies are on the battlefield, enemies do not gain combat advantage from flanking Stentor. Stentor can use his square or any copy’s square as the origin square for his attacks.
Extended Chord
Stentor rolls two initiative rolls at the beginning of combat. He takes turns on both rolls in the initiative order. He may take one immediate action between the end of each of his turns and the start of the next.
Own Tempo
At the start of each of Stentor’s turns, if Stentor is immobilized, restrained, or stunned, it may choose one of these conditions and make a saving throw with its normal +5 bonus. If the saving throw is successful, the condition ends immediately and Stentor can act normally on its turn, even if the condition does not normally end on a save.

Battlefield Characteristics:
- Squares C3, C14, O3 and O14 are harpoon guns. Harpoon guns have a standard action ranged attack: Range 5, +14 vs AC. Hit: 2d6+3 damage and you pull the target 3 squares.
- The watery squares have a heavy current and are 5ft lower than the wooden floor. They are difficult terrain to traverse and if you end your turn in a water square, you are pushed 5 squares. If your push is blocked by an edge, you take 1d8 damage for each square you haven't moved. You are not blocked by going under bridges.

Wahad fucked around with this message at Mar 2, 2019 around 14:20

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Vivi definitely enjoys giving Ava some angles to work with, excitedly doubling back and offering to redo the dramatic walk. Seeing as she's dressed like a hot to trot beach bunny, Vivi knows that today she has a little service for her fans!

Once they're body doubled and Vivi's shifted into something that's her but dressed more reasonably, she eyes the new Stentor with a silent ooooh, her mouth in a perfectly round O. This had the feeling of a much more fun and relaxed bout than the usual skin of their teeth at the Asylum. Months and months of clawing and now they would always be champions. Vivi is practically bubbling as she skips around the edge of the water, flicking her fingers and thinking of which blade she wants to use to show off to a whole new audience..

That one! Vivi casts her hand forward in a dramatic point that is punctuated by her finger's internals allowing her nano-blade to loosen slightly before a small magnetic pulse sends it flying with pin-point accuracy to pierce one of the Stentor's in the collar bone! A direct hit and a strong hit! A small dagger, sure, but an inch of steel is a universal message and an efficient one at that! As she swaggers to her only internal satisfaction(no audience? Please!) she palms one of her supporting injections. She can't go down or look bad in the new venue.

Move: Move to J14
Standard: Dagger Throw hits Stentor B11 for 11 Damage.
Minor: Hold a Potion of Cure Light Wounds.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 48/48 (T: 0/0)    	AC:	23	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 2/2 (V: 12)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +8		Ref:	20	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	19      Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial	
Resist: Necrotic 5
Vulnerable: Radiant 5

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Dark Beckoning		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Taste of Life	        [ ] Guidance of the Past   [ ] Unfettered Hunger
Vampire Slam            [ ] Darkfire               [ ] Bloodthirst(I)
False Bravado           [ ] Feral Assault        [ ] Recovery(I)          
Acrobat Boots          [ ] Blood Drinker         [ ] Profound Flashback              
                        [ ] Strength of Blood             [ ] Scarlet(I)
                        [ ] Cunning Sneak  
                        [ ] Gloaming(I)

CLW [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spike [ ]

Implement: +11 Attack, +13 Damage (+14 vs Bloodied)
MBA: +14 Attack, 1d4+4
RBA: +14 Attack, 1d4+7
Crits: +2d8

Passives:
Touch of Scarlet: +2 Saves vs Poison
Ghost of the Past: Free Guidance use for History/encounter
Enduring Soul: Regen 3 when Bloodied
Martial Vamp: Gain Healing Surge when Bloodied 1/Enc

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Charleston - May 19th, 2259

Roxie snaps a ton of photos at the Seaside Slaughterhouse, sending them and her love to Emma before she makes herself ready for the match.

To Ava, while getting ready: "This reminds me of some of the arenas I fought at before finding my way to Philly. Pero es más limpio, menos sospechoso, si? It's kind of strange to be back in one."

When they're only a few minutes from their entrance she clips a video of the battle-ready Furies to all the social feeds and a link to the waiting stream.

---

Shielding her eyes again Stentor's musical volley, Roxie chides herself for missing his simple prestidigitation, but she does not worry overlong. Breaking forward, Roxie mirrors Vivi by covering the other flank, determined to remove threats as quickly as possible. Gaining a bit of speed, she effortlessly hops over the surging waters in the moat, flips her dagger into her cybernetic arm and sends it hurtling downrange at a waiting Stentor...

Move: to K3 - Athletics: 1d20+10 14 - covers the jump
Standard: Throw a knife at C6 Stentor -- Sly Flourish vs AC: 1d20+15 28 1d4+11 14 + SA: 2d8 12 = 26 damage


pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
HP : 51/51 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    :12    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 14)   Passive Perception : 12    Normal         22/17/23/18
Initiative : +8        Vision : Normal            vs. OAs        +3/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [0]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               
Piercing Strike            Sly Flourish

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [ ] Jumping Blade Assault     [ ] Dragon Breath
[ ] Disciplined Counter    [ ] Sneak in the Attack       [ ] Swift Parry
[ ] Second Wind

Daily
[ ] Spinning Blade Leap    [ ] Go for the Eyes

Items::
[ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus (Encounter, Free)
[ ] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[ ] Quickling Boots (Encounter, Move)
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Jacket (Daily, Free)

MBA: +14 attack, 1d4+4 - w/ CA +17 attack, 1d4+5
RBA: +14 attack, 1d4+7 - w/ CA +17 attack, 1d4+8
SA: +2d8

Conditional:
[ ] Disciplined Counter: Target granting CA misses Roxie in melee - slide 2 towards allies after counterattack

Passives:
Ritual Killer: CA vs. Slow, Immob, Weak, and enemies that have not acted
Refreshing Breeze: Dragon's Breath hits only enemies, and allies inside the zone gain +1 to attacks UEONT
Stuntwoman: Ranged and Area attacks don't provoke

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet privately thanks Stardust for the idea to put a smoke generating spell under her coat for this walk in- it does look pretty good on this arena; fog rolling in over the sea, comes the dead.

----------------------------------------------------

Erzbet grits her teeth at this particular foe. Musical enemies were always a weakness; she blamed the unstoppable insult dynamo that was Chanticleer. No helping it, though. Best to cut down on the symphony.

She gestures, and Tiger snags one of Roxie's daggers and sends it whistling at a different target. Can't fool with illusions if you don't have any left.

With a moment of motion, Tiger is gone, and instead appears at Vivi's side. Two can play at too many targets.

Minor: Summon Tiger in K2. Roxie gets 4THP
Standard: Spirit Infusion on Roxie RBA on C9 Stentor: Ranged Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+16 30 1d4+11 13 Tiger vanishes
Minor: Summon Tiger in J13. Vivi gets 4THP




pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music
			 
HP : 50/50 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 22    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 12)   Passive Perception : 22    Normal         20/18/20/21
Initiative : +3        Vision : Low-Light         vs. OAs        +4/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]       

At Will               
Spirit's Wrath              Spirit Infusion                Voice of Battle
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[ ][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      
[ ] Speak With Spirits     [ ] Beguiling Strands          [ ] Engaging Pursuit
[ ]Scorching Sands         [ ] Granite Armor              [ ] Second Wind       
 
Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [ ] Shrieking Wind Spirits    [ ] Hearth Spirit

Items::
[ ] Amulet of Elegy
[ ] Centering Cincture
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Potion (Minor)

MBA: +10 attack, 1d8+5
RBA: +4 attack, 1d4+1

Passives:
Tome Expertise: Enemies adjacent to Tiger Fury grant CA
Spirit of Vigor: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury's summon get +Int temp HP
Strengthening Spirit: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury when healing spirit is used get +Wis temp HP
Spirit's Step: When spirit companion disappears as part of an attack power, one ally adjacent can shift 1 (free)
Forest Walk: Plant-based difficult terrain is ignored
Calm Mind: +2 to saves against daze, dominate, stun
Resplendent Gloves: +2 damage when attacking Will. 
If it is an Illusion attack, targets grants CA to me.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


"A fine opening move by the Furies! Using the nimble moves of the quicker members to swiftly dispatch some of the illusory forms. But, ah, watch carefully, young fans! You don't come as far as Stentor has by not swiftly retaliating against such an aggressive opening!"

Stentor and his remaining copy whirl their instruments around as they charge forward and slam on the chords. The resulting tone grows louder and louder before a moment of silence...and then an explosion of sound assails the backline's eardrums, sending Erzbet and Quaz flying, though Siroko plants her feet squarely and is able to grit her teeth and withstand the blast. The old man looks surprised that she remains standing, and gives an impressed nod - a slightly eerie thing, given that both of them do it at the exact same time.

"Well done! It seems your hardiness is not exaggerated one bit." With a smile, he continues the droning melody on his instrument, ready for the next strike.



Upon the vanishing of the first copy, Stentor uses Immediate Reaction: Coda to gain +2 to his next attack and damage roll.

On his turn, Stentor and his copy move. New positions: E2 and F9.
Stentor uses Martellato from his F9 position! Area Burst 2 within 10, centered on P9. Siroko is missed, but Quaz and Erzbet are hit for 13 thunder damage, pushed 3 squares, and knocked prone.

Quaz8 and Siroko are up!



pre:

Name		Position    Health	AC/Fort/Ref/Will	Conditions
Erzbet     	Q12	    37/50	20/18/20/21	Prone
Vivi           	J14	    48/48	22/15/19/18	
Roxie  		K3	    51/51	22/17/23/18	
Stentor		??	  140/140	22/19/21/17	
Quaz8		Q5	    50/63	25/19/20/18	Prone
Siroko		O10	    68/68	22/21/18/18	
Stentor		??	  140/140	22/19/21/17	
Stentor's passive abilities:
Harmony
At the beginning of combat, Stentor summons four copies in a random unoccupied square within a close burst 5. Copies use his defenses, but have no health - when they are attacked, they vanish. While any copies are on the battlefield, enemies do not gain combat advantage from flanking Stentor. Stentor can use his square or any copy’s square as the origin square for his attacks.
Extended Chord
Stentor rolls two initiative rolls at the beginning of combat. He takes turns on both rolls in the initiative order. He may take one immediate action between the end of each of his turns and the start of the next.
Own Tempo
At the start of each of Stentor’s turns, if Stentor is immobilized, restrained, or stunned, it may choose one of these conditions and make a saving throw with its normal +5 bonus. If the saving throw is successful, the condition ends immediately and Stentor can act normally on its turn, even if the condition does not normally end on a save.

Battlefield Characteristics:
- Squares C3, C14, O3 and O14 are harpoon guns. Harpoon guns have a standard action ranged attack: Range 5, +14 vs AC. Hit: 2d6+3 damage and you pull the target 3 squares.
- The watery squares have a heavy current and are 5ft lower than the wooden floor. They are difficult terrain to traverse and if you end your turn in a water square, you are pushed 5 squares. If your push is blocked by an edge, you take 1d8 damage for each square you haven't moved. You are not blocked by going under bridges.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK



Quaz8

Quaz hits the ground, rolls, and is back up on her feet in no time. "Forget to tune your instrument, old man? You barely scratched my shields." Grinning, she charges in along the water's edge, flashing Roxie a peace sign as she skips past her. When she's almost on Stentor, a neon pink sword materializes in her hand and she dives in low, slashing in a tight arc. Whether her blade finds air or flesh, she recovers into a defensive stance, ready for the next blast.

Minor Action: Acrobat Boots. Stand up from prone.
Move Action: Walk to K2.
Standard Action: Charge to F3. MBA (Melee 1 vs. AC). Target E2 Stentor (25; Hit). Stentor takes 13 damage if he's real.


pre:
Quaz8   						 
HP: 50/63 (0 THP)	AC:   25 	Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 12/12 (V: 15)	Fort: 19 	Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +4		Ref:  20        Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will: 18        
Saving Throws: +2 vs. Ongoing damage

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Frostwind Blade         [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Vanishing Blade
Luring Strike	        [ ] Warforged Resolve           [ ] Swordmage Shielding Fire
Aegis of Shielding      [ ] Strike from the Shadows 
                        [ ] Foesnare                   
                        [ ] Transposing Lunge             
                        [ ] Dimensional Warp            
                        [ ] Ghostwalker         
                                                        
MBA: +14 vs. AC, 1d8+9 damage.
Crit: +2d6 damage.
Item Powers
[ ] Acrobat Boots (At-will): Stand up from prone.
[ ] Gloaming Armour (Encounter): Standard. Become invisible UEoE or until I attack.
[ ] Aegis Blade (Daily): Minor. Mark each enemy in CB3 with Aegis of Shielding (save ends).
[ ] Mystery of the Hidden Veil (Daily): Use arcane power -> become invisible UEoMNT and
shift 1 square.

Immediate Actions
-- When mark violated, reduce damage dealt to one creature by 9 (A-W [Aegis of Shielding])

Features
Improved Warforged Resolve: Warforged Resolve grants +5 THP.
Immutability: Warforged Resolve grants a saving throw with a +2 bonus.
War Wizard's Expertise: -5 to hit allies.
Gauntlets of Blood: +2 to damage rolls against bloodied targets.

Wol fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2019 around 03:30

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

WIth Quaz finding paydirt, Siroko quickly moves up to put the pressure on. She cuts across the center of the arena, charging hard towards Stentor, before disappearing in a flash of light. The roll of thunder comes as she reappears behind him, her hammer coming down with it. The winds swirling around her tug at Stentor's clothes as she crowds him with her shield, trying to cut off any avenue of escape.

Move: Move to I6.

Standard: Using Thunder Step on Stentor, teleport to D1.
Thunder Step vs Reflex: 1d20+14 16 2d10r1+10 21
Half damage (11 thunder) and dazed UEoMNT.

Free: Mark all adjacent enemies UEoMNT.

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP: 48/68 (THP: 0)        Passive Insight: 14        Defense Sets: AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges: 13/13 (V: 18)     Passive Perception: 14        FoWH       23/21/18/18
Initiative: +4            Vision: Normal             Resist: 5 cold
Speed: 6                  Action Points: [0]

At Will               
Weight of Earth           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Burst of Earth's Fury 

Daily
[ ] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Winter's Herald
[ ] Bear's Endurance      [ ] Inspiring Word         [ ] [i]Winter's Herald Attack

Items
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] Crown of Winter (Encounter)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +12 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +12 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.
Crown of Winter: Enemy that damages you takes 5 cold and psychic damage, and is
immbolized UEoINT
Bear's Endurance: If you drop to 0HP or less, regain hit points as if you had
spent a healing surge.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


"It seems that the real enemy has been located, and the Furies are going in hard! But Quaz8 should be careful, lest she - oh, there she goes! The Seaside Slaughterhouse might look like a deceptively simple arena, but those who come into the water should beware, for there is a strong current, and it will not show mercy!"

Stentor catches Quaz's blow with a reflexive strum of his instrument that blasts her a little, but it leaves him open for Siroko to come down with the real thunder. Shaking his head from the dizziness left behind by her strike, the old man wheels around his instrument and plants his foot straight in Quaz's chest with surprising strength, sending her teetering off the edge and into the water with a loud splash.

"How's that for a scratch, hm?"



When Quaz8 hits him, Stentor uses an immediate reaction to Counterpoint! He attacks and hits for 5 thunder damage.
On his turn, Stentor kicks Quaz8, hitting her for 13 damage and pushing her back one square to F4. She gets a save vs falling at 1d20=8 and fails, falling 15ft prone into the water and taking 1d10=8 more damage.

Erzbet, Vivi and Roxie are up!


pre:

Name		Position    Health	AC/Fort/Ref/Will	Conditions
Erzbet     	Q12	    37/50	20/18/20/21	Prone
Vivi           	J14	    48/48	22/15/19/18	
Roxie  		K3	    51/51	22/17/23/18	
Stentor		E2	  116/140	22/19/21/17	Dazed
Quaz8		F4	    24/63	25/19/20/18	Bloodied, Prone
Siroko		D1 	    68/68	22/21/18/18	
Stentor		E2	  116/140	22/19/21/17	Dazed
Stentor's passive abilities:
Harmony
At the beginning of combat, Stentor summons four copies in a random unoccupied square within a close burst 5. Copies use his defenses, but have no health - when they are attacked, they vanish. While any copies are on the battlefield, enemies do not gain combat advantage from flanking Stentor. Stentor can use his square or any copy’s square as the origin square for his attacks.
Extended Chord
Stentor rolls two initiative rolls at the beginning of combat. He takes turns on both rolls in the initiative order. He may take one immediate action between the end of each of his turns and the start of the next.
Own Tempo
At the start of each of Stentor’s turns, if Stentor is immobilized, restrained, or stunned, it may choose one of these conditions and make a saving throw with its normal +5 bonus. If the saving throw is successful, the condition ends immediately and Stentor can act normally on its turn, even if the condition does not normally end on a save.

Battlefield Characteristics:
- Squares C3, C14, O3 and O14 are harpoon guns. Harpoon guns have a standard action ranged attack: Range 5, +14 vs AC. Hit: 2d6+3 damage and you pull the target 3 squares.
- The watery squares have a heavy current and are 5ft lower than the wooden floor. They are difficult terrain to traverse and if you end your turn in a water square, you are pushed 5 squares. If your push is blocked by an edge, you take 1d8 damage for each square you haven't moved. You are not blocked by going under bridges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Caught on the wrong side of the action, Vivi lets out an exaggerated sigh and rushes to center stage. Her next projected dagger toss goes wide and the cameraman didn't see that if they know what's good for them.

Move: Move to J8
Standard: Dagger Throw, big whiff.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 48/48 (T: 0/0)    	AC:	23	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 2/2 (V: 12)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +8		Ref:	20	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	19      Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial	
Resist: Necrotic 5
Vulnerable: Radiant 5

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Mar 18, 2019 around 21:35

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«11 »