Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




"Fenrir Spear did, presumably," Caelynn remarks casually, inspecting the proffered beverage with a critical eye. She eventually dares to take a sip, her eyes almost crossing from the sweetness of it. "Eugh. Thanks, I guess." She doesn't throw it out - she was raised better than that - but next time she's gonna make sure Vivi's not the one picking the drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

"That's right!" Vivi laughs melodically, utterly oblivious to Caelynn's reaction to the drink.

Vivi turns her head back to Erzbet with a far too wide beaming smile. Her eyes flicker with pink light as she holds up a little personal tablet, displaying a stream recording of the time Fenrir tore das Ungeheuer's guts out, covering himself in most of them. "I met the most wonderful boy the other night!" She switches the display to look over his lifetime stats and to wait for the Spear's first South American matches. "We shared more than my pillows~"

Sipping at the maliciously brewed sugar swirl she ordered, Vivi hums contentedly as she fiddles with small wires connecting the tablet to the back of her neck. She occasionally checks the connection and wireless status of her thumb and its internal thumb drive, intent on seeing what zz had for her.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

"You should have seen Vivi last night, Erz. She was like a schoolgirl mooning over a celebrity," Roxie visibly gags, taking a sip of her coffee to get the taste out of her mouth. She makes a pleased 'mmm' when she tastes the liquor, pelo del perro being what it is.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Philadelphia - April 17, 2559


Caelynn

@蔡敏華 W I T C H: "i'm at 1618 fairmount. 8pm work for you?"

----

Vivi

You open zzrxn's file. The accompanying note reads:

starting with something cool. the program lets you instantaneously correct any spatial error. optimized for combat but this node supposes you could use it to like cover up a bad step on the dancefloor or something too. humans wish they had the ability to never be wrong. they don't. you can. disclaimer: while extensively tested for effectiveness and precision, the program takes a lot of processing power to execute. would not advise running it too often.




------------





At about 9AM the next morning, you get a text from Phia asking you to meet at 11 at La Terrazza, a fashionable café in the middle of the pedestrian-only stretch of Market Street. "Dress for it and be camera-ready", she adds. She arrives five minutes late in a loose updo, wearing a rose off-shoulder cropped tee reading "SHE / HER / ME" and high-waisted white jean shorts over a burgundy athletic bodysuit. She takes off a pair of round, fuschia sunglasses and hangs them on her neckline as she floats over to the table you've picked out. Looking you over before she takes her seat, she raises a knowing eyebrow at Vivi and throws her the horns at waist-level. She accepts Vivi's offered drink gracefully, then "officially" starts the meeting by snapping a salvo of selfies with each of you, all of you, and finally a couple solo. Here, sipping impeccably brewed coffee on this bright café patio as the city's chicest citizens stroll by, you feel a world away from the dingy corridors of the Asylum Arena. Phia seems in another world as well, in no hurry to get down to business. She takes the time to ask how your respective nights went and, even more unusually, actually listens. You don't remember her being like this since the first week of the Furies being together. She laughs at a couple of your jokes, swaps stories, gives a wink and a flirty little wave to a passerby in a violet fade she catches looking. When she finally does bring the conversation around to work, however, a bit of her usual brusque manner creeps back in.

"We and American Made have done a lot of trash talking back and forth, but it's all been big group confrontations or haphazard potshots fired here and there. Around here, people kinda know us, so that's all we've needed. But we can do better, and we have a really clear opportunity for it right now. We're two teams who've pushed each other hard enough to get to match 5 in a 5-match series. We both want that win more than anything because superstardom is at stake. It's an easy story to tell. Anyone, anywhere, can get it in a sentence. So what I want is to explain us to the world in the same clear, brief way. We're going to do this with two sets of videos. The first is going to be focused on each of us individually. Each of us will shoot one, and it'll just be a very brief story of how we got here. The most important thing, though, is going to be the tone. This is us in social media mode, basically. I want people to feel like they know us - but obviously, we still need to come across as superstars. This set, I'd like to shoot today. That's why I wanted us to dress up a bit. We look amazing, maybe a bit aspirational, but accessible."

"For the second set of videos, I want each of you to pair off with a member of American Made. I've talked with Axel about this and he loves the idea. These will be trash talk videos but, again, we want simple and accessible. Get your best one-liners ready. You can reference specific events from our matches but only if someone who hasn't seen them can get the gist from just one sentence. I don't want you to mention anyone other than yourself or your opponent - that'd confuse the head-to-head format. This is going to be you in full promo mode, obviously. These videos, I'd like to shoot tomorrow. That should give you time to come up with material, but also give me time to edit everything together and you time to prepare for actually winning the last match without any distractions. Oh yeah, and Siroko, Diamond Trinh has called dibs on you. Everyone else, it's time to pick who you want."

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2018 around 12:08

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




@CaelynnRose

"Let's say 8:30. Have some other stuff first, might not make 8."

--

Caelynn throws some more side-eye at Vivi after drinking more of the coffee...thing. "If I get spontaneous cavities from this, I'm sending you my dentist bill, Viv." But she relaxes in the seat, listening to Phia's explanation, fiddling with the hem of her light blue plaid button-down. "Face-offs, huh? I mean, I'll let the rest take first pick, but I'd like to go with Maxima if possible. She's a thrill to fight, to be honest, even if she hits like a truck. Getting her down in the first win was exhilarating. I'll have to think of what to say, though...tips appreciated." The last bit of the sentence is directed mostly towards Phia, who was a great coach in stepping up Caelynn's promo personality, though she'd welcome pointers from the others as well.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko shows up wearing a double breasted, high collar military style jacket, green with brown leather and brass buttons and yellow facing, open over a Storm God's Chosen shirt, with khaki kepris tucked into lace up military style cavalry boots, and a pair of sunglasses with bright blue lenses. She managed to get here first, and had picked out a table right out front where everyone can see, sitting leaned back in a chair like she was the queen of the place. She accepts the coffee from Vivi with nod. "Next time you should come with us Erzbet. You shouldn't miss out on our celebrations. There'll be plenty of chances to make up this missed opportunity at least."

When Phia turns to business, Siroko nods in approval. "If Trinh wants the storm, then she'll get the storm. We shall see if she regrets it afterwards."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Between selfies and Phia saying important stuff Vivi picks up on zz's gift, giving it a thorough examination before figuring it seems legit. She subtly reattaches her thumb and gives the program a few test cycles, her fingers parting and flashing blade in rapid sequence with sublime symmetry. Appreciation for the mastery showed in the gift warms Vivi up into a positively bubbly mood. Before she knows it she is replying happily to zz with a few close-up selfies of her own smiling face!

: "Thank you so much zz! You really are a good guy! Watch my matches and see me become champ, OK? And I still think you could do with a nice body. <3"

---

Vivi isn't typically an intellectual. In the same way you wouldn't try to pull a fast one on any predator that can detect fear, she can still pick up on things left unsaid. The likelihood of Phia recruiting Vivi just to pad out a team gnaws at her resting mental loops, the twin programs of anxiety and self-doubt ensuring that some decisions and relationships are constantly under scrutiny. However, they're no match for her twice reinforced good mood! She rejoins the conversation and smiles politely to Phia. "Where we've come from? Like they know us?" Vivi's eyes flicker and she lets out a hollow "Hah." "Vivi's fans know her... is this for new fans? I guess I am asking how optimistic these shoots should be, Phia. It is not a secret that I have been to this point many times before. My story is a little sad."

Feeling a bit self-conscious or even, Mystical Storm Deity Manifested In Big Headed Girl above, self-aware. Vivi's eyes turn to solid gold and project little dollar signs as she chimes in for the second set. "I'll take Lane tomorrow! I have a very potent new image ready for it, lines to match! Hee hee hee hee hee hee!" Raising her fingers to her bottom lip, Vivi can barely contain her sadistic glee. Angling for insults with the precocious little heroic athlete had been a fun game. It was time to finish it with two victories, fashion and fatalities!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


"It's for new fans, yeah. You don't have to go too deep into anything hard to talk about, but your story is your story. All I'll ask is for everyone to hit a hopeful note at the end. Whatever defines you should be why you're going to rise to the top."

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2018 around 12:09

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

"No thanks," growls Erzbet. "I'm happy not celebrating. I'll be even happier to pound that stupid old man's face into the dirt. I wasn't kidding when I called him a has-been, and I'm going to prove it. Something like, 'Not even I can resurrect your career...'"

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Taking another sip of coffee, Roxie can't help but compare herself to the far more ostentatious Siroko, dressed as she is in a loose fitting, black t-shirt with TRASH emblazoned in neon pink across her chest, underneath one of her myriad cycle jackets. Waistline hidden under the shirt, her tight fitting, faded jeans are tucked haphazardly into black biker's boots.

"No problema when it comes to telling my story. I guess Musa and I make a good pick; mamás luchona y un luchador," she smiles at her joke, but then immediately knows it has sailed over everyone else's head, "A mama's boy and a fighter. I'll try really hard not to go too deep on the Spanish, Phia. Lo siento." It was a really good joke.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK





Eventually the meeting turns back to small talk, and those of you who wish to drift away to do your own thing are free to do so. Phia asks that you meet back at Penn's Landing, a picturesque riverside promenade just a few blocks away, at 2. You have approximately two hours to yourself until then.

When you meet back up, Phia is leaning against the railing and watching the river. She's accompanied by a muscular young man with a V-shaped mohawk who wears a videographer's harness over a tight grey t-shirt. The two chat casually as you approach. The young man notices you first, throwing the horns in greeting. Phia turns, gives you a nod, and waits for your to make your way over.

"Hey. This is Baz. You've probably seen him around the arena, he's one of McKnight's main shooters. We have him on loan for the afternoon. We might as well get started now if you have your material ready - the others will get here when they get here. You can set yourself up on the steps, on the railing, do a walk-and-talk - whatever suits. We'll also want non-speaking shots of you walking, looking out over the river, looking contemplative, looking inspired. You know, stuff we can use to edit your voice over for the final cut."
"Yo. You ready?"


This is going to be the start of an extended skill challenge taking place from now until after a few fights from now (you'll know). The goal of the extended skill challenge is to get yourself over internationally. As this and the upcoming trash talk promo are going to be part of a package intended to serve as your first introduction to a lot of fans, you'll be choosing one of the two promos to emphasize and rolling a skill check for it. The skill used depends on what aspect of your character you want to get across.

Additionally, I don't want this to be a simple pass-fail scenario. Each of the skill checks you make as part of this challenge will be measured against each of the level-appropriate DCs to determine your level of success. For level 5, it's: Easy DC: 10 / Medium DC: 15 / Hard DC: 22

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2018 around 12:10

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

At Phia's prompting and with her generous block of free time(but not too generous, Vivi thought, as she labored over a fresh mask of make-up) she returns to her apartment and throws herself into putting on her best face possible! As she paws through the one well-stocked area in her home, a closet full to bursting with fashion past and present, she mentally calculates...

Bluff 15.

The die-hard fan sites! The long-term fans who get interviewed once in a blue moon by an amateur Crown journo who needs a fluff piece! The shared pictures of fap fodder on public boards where lonely men discuss who is the cutest fighter and that one time somebody's outfit malfunctioned! Hah! After an initial gathering error that results in a mercifully unseen face-plant into her wall, Vivi has reached her conclusion! She spends the rest of the time feverishly dressing herself and posing, adjusting her look and mangling some extra pieces into forcing a new, cute and frilly thing.. then mangling that a bit further to go with the outfit's overall look. Mentally she has the spare processes to sock-puppet a few responses reminding everybody about "that cute fighter in Philly" and to leak a staged photo of herself. Always tease, never show!

---

Ghost of the Past Reroll to Bluff 29.

Vivi arrives at Penn's landing with stark black hair in long twin-tails, wearing a cute light-red blouse with flowing dress that gives way to white at the edges, the red spreading to the skirt looking like long dripping paint splatters... at first glance. To with that are darling big laced boots with the heels that look like they're actually sharpened points. This will definitely give her that extra dramatic inch of height! The whole affair is topped off with a little shoulder mantle of home-made, home-frayed and home-burned wing tatters and metal links. She settles on a soft pink hue for her irises and giggles to Baz, inviting him to start with her!

"I'd say get my good side, but that will be very easy for you!" Literal weeks of consecutive time spent in review pay off as an efficient algorithm pares down decades of research, her own experiences and the positive signals of her fans and society at large. She has faked it longer than anyone on the circuit... and strutting a run-way worthy walk, she makes it! She gives Baz shots of her coquettishly stopping and looking back to encourage the camera to keep following her, the always fan-pleasing shots of her striking an elegant pose and flashing her bladed finger-ware and an on the spot improvisation of hanging off the rail upside down, her great dexterity letting her hold the pose effortlessly save for a staged covering of her dropping skirt. Always tease, never show! She finishes off with a few general shots to suit Phia's criteria... Vivi with a single index finger to her chin as she looks skyward and thinks, Vivi cooing and wishing the best to her fans with a wink and a kiss, and an utterly cliche shot of Vivi standing and leaning on the rail, looking hopefully to the sun and the future!

Once the promo shots and walk cycles are finished Vivi sits with Baz and speaks clearly and smoothly, clearly used to doing this... or pretending to do so. "To my newer fans, and to those who don't know me, I am Vivian Vivisection, the second to carry that name, and an advocate and recipient of the first AI rights! Throughout the years..." An angry thought interjects <DON'T DATE YOURSELF WHY SO MANY YEARS> but she shows no outward sign of it. "I've competed with some of the most wonderful..." <THEY DON'T MATTER DEAD RETIRED GONE WHAT ABOUT ME> ".. teams and players in Crown history." She affects a staged somber tone, yet does so masterfully. "I've always survived thanks to the love and support of my fans and now I am here to ask that you watch Vivi ascend to her rightful place..." <MORE FANS, MORE, WHERE ARE THEY> She inhales, her left nostril ringed by small hair-line bits of red. She opens her eyes from her sincere plea and one of the corners twitch.

Her voice deepens just a pinch as she continues. "After all this time, I am part of the majestic wind-force that will sweep the East Coast and beyond, The Furies!" She sits up and slaps her palms to the table she's sharing with Baz, glaring into the camera. <HA HA HA HA HA!> "THIS TIME, I'M TAKING A CROWN! AND I WON'T STOP THERE!" The corners of her eyes bleed black sclera as a rising tide of emotions floods her body with stress! She grabs the edge of the videographer and leans closer to it, her teeth red-stained again. "I'LL GO TO THE WORLD STAGE! THIS TIME IT WAS ALL WORTH IT! I HAVE GREAT FRIENDS, GREAT TEAMMATES, AND I'M GREAT!" Her canines automatically rotate and unfold for an extra centimeter of fang. "AND ANYONE WHO GETS IN MY WAY WILL SUFFER ALL OF MY FURY! I'M loving MEGAERA!" <HAHAHAHAHAHA... "HAHAHAHAHAHA!" She lets Baz go and sits again, head lowered as she cackles, her wings bouncing on her small shaking frame. She gradually winds down, goes quiet and withdraws a handkerchief, quickly clearing away the worst of her bleeding. With a practiced, serene smile she looks up at the camera and finishes in her usual high-pitched stage voice.

"Let Vivi be your perfect dark idol... anyone else, I'll gut them like a fish! Buh-bye!" She waves, oh-so-cutely.

... Once the camera stops rolling, Vivi beams at Baz. "Was that enough? Do you need another take? ... Has anyone ever told you you're kind of cute? Hmm-hmm... hee..."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Roxie turns up at Penn's landing a little early, soaking in her adopted city as she sizes up yet another great place for a morning run. Still wearing her earlier biker-chic get up, she greets Phia, her teammates, and Baz with simple, warm gestures and smiles. She records a few candid moments with her teammates before throwing them up onto her social media feeds, tagging the main Furies accounts each time with hashtags running the gamut from #furiesfly, #amazing, and #motivation - aimed at different fans and different platforms.

When it is her turn she escorts Baz towards the water's edge, allowing the shot to capture Delaware river behind her, "Hola, mi amigos! All my new and old friends! I'm Roxie Ruinous," she flashes the camera an easy grin, almost involuntarily perfect after years in front of cameras and on social media, "and now you're family. And as family, every victory, every brutal death," her dagger flips easily up into her robotic hand, "is for you, mis primos," she tosses the dagger high into the air, continuing to talk as she seemingly ignores it.

"I'm from Mexico City, new Tenochtitlan, but my home is the arena. I got this," she flexes her mechanical limb for the camera, the slightly spastic diagnostic cycle that makes unaugmented people's mouths hang open, "in the arena. A lot of people would let a maiming stop them, but me and you, mi familia, we aren't quitters." The diagnostic routine ends and with preternatural speed the arm rises to her left, catching the falling dagger, point down, between thumb and forefinger, "Don't feel sorry for our opponents; they've got comfy body bags and a metal box in the morgue waiting for them. Every one of them that falls is another gift for the Gatekeeper, and a glorious new notch in our legacy. Their bodies will pave our way to the top, and we couldn't do it without them."

She turns away from the camera, her hair whipping around with the speed but speaking louder so it still carries, "And when I'm standing there at the pinnacle," just as quickly she executes a complicated twisting corkscrew flip to land facing the camera with her metal arm extended, pointing directly into the lens, "you, mis primos, will be right there with me."

Acrobatics 33

She holds the pose for longer than strictly necessary, only letting out her breath and breaking character when Baz has plenty of headroom to cut the scene, "You need more, amigo?"

---

For her silent promo shots, she uses the naturally complicated terrain of the pier side to do very easy parkour, gymnastics and heroic angles, mixed up with lounging shots of her looking beyond the camera, playing up the resting jaguar style she uses for sit down interviews in an outdoor setting. For more general usage, she does a few standing shots, crossing her arms across her chest, emphasizing the cybernetic and her vivid, predator's smile.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2018 around 08:31

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




"Hey there, everybody!" Caelynn comes walking down the steps towards the camera, in the same down-to-earth outfit she was wearing earlier. "Caelynn here. I know my outfit isn't what you might expect, but even the staunchest knight has to take off their armor some time, It's pretty heavy, you know." With a smile, she spreads her arm out and the camera pans out over to the water, the sunlight glittering on the small waves. "The view here at the pier is beautiful, isn't it? So much of this city is, if you know where to look. I love Philly. Some of you already know this, but I grew up in this city. Lived here for most of my life." Zooming back out, the redhead is leaning on the railing, glancing sideways at the camera. "And I'm so glad that so many people in this city - my city - have come out to see our bouts in this year's series. It means so much to me that the Furies have your support!"

Turning around so the camera can frame her against the water. "The Crown means a lot to me, too. I've been a fan of the games since I was a little girl - my parents weren't always happy with that in the early years," a small chuckle interrupts her speech, "but they recognized eventually that the flame in my heart was only going to grow stronger." Caelynn gently taps her fist against her heart. "And now that we're so close to victory, that flame has grown into a warming bonfire. It's been a tight race as we make our way to the top, and we've made our mistakes here and there. But nobody's perfect, yeah?" Her gentle smile turns into a more determined expression as she straightens her posture, and beckons the camera closer.

"But if you know one thing about the people here - your sisters, your friends, your neighbors - it's that we're tough as nails. Life isn't always easy - but we grit our teeth, keep our chin and pull through, no matter what. In Philly, that's just the way we roll. And it's how I roll, too. No matter how tough the fights get, no matter how dire the odds are against me. I will keep fighting, with the other Furies besides me, and we'll work our way to the top! So keep an eye out for us, and when our championship victory becomes reality, know that it was your support that pulled us through. I love our Chorus, and I'll keep fighting to earn that support until we reach the top. This is my solemn oath as your Knight of Roses." To finish off her speech, she takes a knee - and despite her lack of armor, she looks every bit the Knight as she does on the field.

Her silent shots aren't much different from those in her speech. She plays it down to earth and sober, walking across the pier and looking out over the water on occasion. Then, there's a few close-ups, smiling at the camera, clenching her fist in a "we got this" pose, and a more solemn, inspiring expression. On occasion, she looks back at Phia, taking some tips here and there, sometimes re-shooting a specific shot with a slightly different pose or expression.

Streetwise at 1d20+12=21.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet is a later arrival, in a classic short black dress, short leather coat combo known to punky goths everywhere since time immemorial. She's gone for gold accessories and deep plum lipstick and eyeshadow, creating an effect like if you dipped an Egyptian pharaoh in a pool of India ink.

"Sorry I'm late," she says. "I had to fetch the smoke machine."

_____________________________________________________________

The smoke billows out beneath an alcove at the landing as Erzbet steps without haste into camera view. "I am Erzbet, and I... do not ask for your love. No, I do not need anybody to love me." She learns over, leering at the camera with predatory gaze. "I will accept your worship instead. Your belief in our victories."

The camera swings up, to the side, tracking Erzbet as she moves between light and shadow, always the darkest shape in either.

"I know you. You are the ones who feel ignored. Who feel slighted. Pushed to the side. You want to believe that someone like you could be great."

She walks off camera, as it points into a dark corner. Then, suddenly, she re-enters the frame from beneath.

" And you are right. I will give you victory. We will break them and make them bow. You will get what you have always wanted... just follow us, our Chorus. Watch us fly."

The camera zooms out slightly from the deep close-up on Erzbet's face. Behind her, in the deep shadow of the alcove, are a pair of cat-slit eyes.

Insight: 1d20+11 16

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko ends up being last for the solo promos, possibly by design. When Baz indicates its her turn, she nods, then looks over. "You hungry? I'm hungry. I'm going to get food," she declares, then starts down the Promenade without waiting for an answer.

Baz doesn’t seem to know how to react at first, but Phia is quickly on the case. She darts over to him and whispers something in his ear. It must be encouraging because he starts walking after you, still filming. Phia follows as well, at somewhat more of a distance and staying well out of the shot.
“Alright, I’m game. Where are we going?” Baz replies once he’s caught up.

"We're going to the right place," Siroko replies. She keeps walking, looking around at food stalls and shops as they pass.

"Alright." As you proceed, Baz keeps the camera on you some of the time, but also makes sure to get footage of the street and the stalls you're passing as you walk. When a bit of time passes without you saying anything, he tries to prompt you. "So, Siroko." Baz does his best to sound conversational, but he's clearly much more used to filming than interviewing. "What were you doing before you landed in Philadelphia? All anyone seems to know is you showed up one day, already signed with the Furies."

"This is it," Siroko says by way of non-answer, and walks over to a ice cream vendor. "Give me two of the flavor of the day."

Baz makes sure to get you framed by the shop's sign ("The Latest Scoop") - easily left in or cropped out in the final cut depending on what kind of deal Phia manages to work out with the ice cream parlour. The vendor hands you a pair of double-scooped Blackberry Lime Twist cones, giving a good-natured little wave into the camera.

Siroko pays and hands one to Baz. "Here. This is the right place. They had exactly what I wanted. That's how destiny works - it takes you where you need to be. Then it's up to you to fulfill the promise."

“Hey, thanks.” Baz takes the ice cream and wastes no time getting down to business. “So what’s your promise, Siroko? Every killer wants to win, but what’s Siroko Tuuli got to say to the world?”

Siroko steps closer to the camera and points right into the lens. "What Siroko Tuuli has to say is that the storm is coming, and when it does, the Furies will wear the crowns they're destined to wear. All the old records and all the old legends will be washed away and forever after, whenever they speak of greatness, there will be only one name to give it. That is the promise, the future that is coming."
She takes a step back. "And in the meantime, Siroko Tuuli says this is some damned good ice cream."

“Yeah, wow.” Baz clearly gets an idea, because a wide grin breaks out on his face. As he’s behind the camera, the video won’t capture it, but the emotion does come through in his voice. “So that’s what destiny tastes like. Siroko Tuuli, ladies and gentlemen. I don’t know what to say.”

Streetwise: 1d20+6 8

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2018 around 23:01

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




Baz answers Vivi's flirtatious comment with a chuckle.
"Yeah, my husband tells me that sometimes." The rest of the promos proceed without a hitch, and each of you is welcome to hang around and watch each other work or take off and do your own thing. When Siroko's promo wraps up, Baz says goodbye (and thanks for the ice cream) and Phia is intrigued enough to get an ice cream for herself (she loves it). You have the rest of the day to yourselves, though seeing as how you're accustomed to training every day, there's a good chance you spend at least some time at the arena working out, practicing spells, or doing whatever else you feel necessary to prepare you for your upcoming match.


------------
------------





Later on in the night, Caelynn has a date to keep. She heads over to the White Witch Cai Minhua's place for the agreed-upon 8:30 PM.


April 17, 2559, 20:30: An Evening With The Witch


Based on their experiences, Caelynn and the White Witch gain certain advantages against each other. These won't be relevant right away since you're not facing each other yet, but I'll be sure to bring them back up when the time comes.

Caelynn and the White Witch roll twice and take the higher result on attack rolls against each other.
Caelynn's attacks treat the White Witch as having vulnerable 5 radiant instead of resist 5 radiant.
As a minor action, the White Witch can end an effect imposed on her by Caelynn.

Having opened herself up to the world of magic, and having gained practice in mystical means of travel, Caelynn gains the following item:




------------
------------


Skill Challenge progress: Make the World Know Your Name

Hard Successes: 2
Moderate Successes: 2
Easy Successes: 0
Failures: 1

Caelynn used: Streetwise
Erzbet used: Insight
Roxie used: Acrobatics
Siroko used: Streetwise
Vivi used: Bluff

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2018 around 04:38

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Philadelphia - April 18, 2559

Today is a work day. Phia's not the kind of person to tell you exactly what you should do with your training time, but on days like this, she does expect you to be at the Asylum Arena around 9:00 AM. Today, it's training in the morning, dueling trash-talk promos at noon, more training in the afternoon. While the six of you are fairly confident about your chances in the next match, Phia's not about to let that relax your training regimen with so much on the line. Ready to take on the day, you show up at or around 9. Whatever you choose to do with your morning - physical work-outs, spell practice, combat exercises - it passes without major incident. At one point, Caelynn locks eyes with The Deathless' wildcard warrior The Bone King in the hall and he gives her what seems to be a knowing look, but could also just be him being his usual deliberately off-kilter self.

As the noon hour approaches, you give yourself a bit of time to get ready. It wouldn't do to show up to the promos dressed in your workout clothes and exploding with sweat. Ultimately, you gather outside the studio, as does American Made. Phia and Axel start talking about which pair should start off, but as soon as Vivian Vivisection comes gliding into the hall in conservative Catholic chic, Lane shoots her such a dirty look that the decision is made on the spot. Vivi and Lane are the first to enter the studio. Uncharacteristically, Lane looks pissed off...but also focused.


------------
------------




In contrast to her appearance in the earlier shoot, Vivi has gone all out to prepare to face Lane. She shows up with longer hair in a platinum blonde, wearing an elegant, conservative brown dress with long skirt and only her head and hands showing. She walks on hidden heels and has a random string of rosary beads wrapped around one wrist, holding a garish gold-rimmed cross. On her ears she wears matching earrings of the same glitzy golden crosses, and she sounds a bit slower and more composed in her speaking, matching a certain cadence for maximum on the nose.

"Well, golly, Miss Lane. I hope we can have a most wonderful final bout. We have come very far since our first encounter, both of our lovely teams, and as a good little Christian robot, I am hoping you won't resort to any pagan trickery just to secure a win." Vivi sits in a conservative pose at the interview table, hands set gingerly atop on another in her lap. She deliberately raises a hand to cover her mouth as she politely giggles. Pure white light dances in her irises.
“You’re obsessed.” Lane raises an eyebrow. “You realize what you look like right now, right?”
Vivi looks to her opponent and executes a very practiced head tilt, eyes closing to accentuate a radiant smile. "An angel?"
Lane rolls her eyes. “You look like an rear end in a top hat.”
"Oh dear..." Her eyes slowly open, the reduced space for the light of her irises to emerge making them briefly look truly holy. "And here I am wishing you the best. Perhaps the stress of the competition is getting to you?"
“Wishing me the best, huh?” Lane’s uncovered eye narrows. “You’ve been on my rear end since day one when I’ve been nothing but honourable.” She takes her feet off the table and leans forward in her seat, jabbing a finger at you. “So let me tell you something, sister. I’m sure you remember all those times over the years when you got beaten down and broken, lying face down in a pool of engine fluid or whatever foul effluvia runs through your veins. The next time we face in the ring, I’m going to give you a new memory to add to your collection. I’m going to take you apart, piece by piece, so you have time to think about what your mind games earned you, you little stalker.”
Vivi leans over to the side and doesn't even give Lane the courtesy of listening to her take-down, rolling a hand towards the camera in a can you believe this gal? gesture. Once Lane seems quite finished Vivi looks back to her with a terrible little smirk, clearly amused to see somebody down in the mud with her.

"Three And One."
“In case you forgot, we’re two and two. You got a circuit loose?” Lane sneers, an evil look coming over her. “Or have all those years of nobody giving a poo poo if you lived or died left you a little dazed?” For someone who’s been the most grounded of American Made to come at you like this, you must really have pissed her off. You didn’t even know she had such a vicious low blow in her.
Vivi giggles. "The numbers on your teammate's glasses. Is this the real Lane? Pretending to be the stand-up stoic for the cameras, but she's actually the same two-bit thug as the team she signed onto?" She sets her elbows on the table and leans forward, head set in her upturned palms, kicking her legs back and forth like a little kid.

"Doing all of these schoolyard taunts gets really dull, especially when I can't present as a big toughie like you.. you're right about one thing, it has been awhile. So when I see a little kid with as jarring a career change as Olympian to playing puppy-dog to some old-timer like Axel... hee hee hee... I can smell the blood in the water." Vivi grins. One side of her mouth is just barely off-tint, no longer the color of practiced pearly whites.

"Don't you think a weak link on a team of has-beens like you could've done better? Maybe if you asked The One General Deity That Masks Our Lack Of Creativity In Writing Pantheons And He Has Horns, maybe if you asked him really nicely..." Vivi sticks out her tongue for a second.

"You could go back and they'll let you pose on waffle boxes again."
“I knew the real Vivi was in there somewhere.” Lane resumes the relaxed posture she started the interview with, feet up on the table and leaning back in her chair. “See, I don’t need to go changing my personality all the time in a last-ditch grasp at relevance. I know who I am. ‘Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law. Love under will.’ That’s the code I live by. But there’s only so far you can push a witch before you’re gonna get cursed. And next time we meet? What I’m going to love is kicking your narrow rear end from one side of the arena to the other.”
You hear the producer’s voice over the speakers. “That’s a wrap! We’ve got all we need.”
Vivi hops up from her seat and rips her dress clear off. Underneath it she's wearing a black mini-skirt with a red seam line and a tight black t-shirt with little stylistic white outlines for scissor-slashes, a discontinued Vi.Vi.² logo design printed across the chest. She favors Lane with a little look of... is that building empathy? Anxiety? Self-awareness? RESPECT?

Covering her mouth for a coy giggle, Vivi snickers. "We get it, you're a true hag. Ta-ta <3" She passes her hands over her eyes and sets the irises to soft-red. She tosses the rosary.. but keeps the tacky earrings.

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2018 around 06:26

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




"The Rose Knight, Caelynn...you merely begin to climb the mountain to our final conflict, but if you are so brave as to look up, you will see that the perfect outline of my muscles already comprises the ionosphere. Through toil and determination, you may one day reach the summit, but if you look up into my eyes, you will see the inevitability of entropy within!"
Caelynn looks up at Maxima, squinting a little while she waits for the other to finish. "Size isn't everything, Maxima," she starts, her voice casual, "I'm looking, but all I see is a lot of bluster. Don't get me wrong - you're tough. You're powerful. We all know that. I wish I was as strong as you, sometimes. It sure would make it easier to open the pickle jar." She smiles, giving a wink to the camera, before turning back to her opponent. "But climbing a mountain isn't about strength. It's about endurance. Perseverance. To keep going, even when all the odds are against you. And the people know that that's what I do best."
"You dig down deep, Rose Knight Caelynn...you seek to find your courage...to rally...to inspire...but where you seek, Mauler Maxima simply is. To even approach me, Rose Knight Caelynn, you will have needed to reach beyond fear! You will have needed to harness the quickening of your soul to point your sword at me! And what will be left, Rose Knight Caelynn, what powers will remain within you to attempt to strike me down? What is endurance, what is perseverence, when you face a being greater than yourself?"
Caelynn's face twitches as she tries to suppress a laugh. "Well, it might not look it, but I have some experience with facing beings greater than myself." She steels her expression as she lifts up her hand above her head, level with the top of Maxima's poofy hair. "And you're not that much greater than me, Maxima. You're within striking distance. So I'm going to come for you. I've got power to spare to bring you down to my level. They say that the bigger they are, the harder they fall...so you'd best be prepared for a rough landing."
The producer's voice comes over the speakers. "Alright! We're good to go." You and Maxima open the door to leave, respectively finding Phia and Axel there to offer you congratulations.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




“Siroko Tuuli makes a lot of noise, but just like thunder rumbling in the distance, you can safely ignore her. I think I’ll take out the rest of her team first next match, see if she thinks there’s anything she can do anything about it.”
Siroko doesn't look at Trinh. Still wearing her sunglasses, she looks off into the distance and muses. "Imagine believing you can defeat four killers on your own. Imagine believing you can ignore a foe and there's nothing they can do to make you pay. Imagine believing you can bend the course of a match to your every whim. Imagine believing you will be victorious, no matter the odds. Imagine beliving in yourself that much." As she speaks, she slowly turns her head until she's looking directly at the camera. "Imagine believing those things, and living up to every one of them. Now you know what it's like to be Siroko Tuuli."
Siroko pauses, then pulls her sunglasses down so you can see her eyes. "And then imagine believing those things - and being absolutely wrong. Now you know what it's like to be Diamond Trinh."
"This one seems to think she's some kind of storm goddess, but all she does is blow wind my way. Just goes to show you can bluster, you can storm, but you'll never shine as brightly...as a diamond."
“A diamond only shines when there’s some other light to reflect. Lucky for Diamond Trinh, Siroko Tuuli is bright as a flash of lightning, so today she looks her best.”
“I do look my best - but that’s the same as any other day for Diamond Trinh. Siroko Tuuli is here for just a flash - here today, and when she loses her next match against us she’ll be gone just as fast, back to obscurity. Come to watch me, though, and you’ll be in luck - because diamonds are forever.”
"Diamond Trinh is right about everything... except where Siroko Tuuli, where the Furies, are going. Here for a flash, because tomorrow we'll be on the rise, on our way to the top, and you'll be one of the ones who believed in greatness before any one else even knew about it, and we will remember you forever. But even after we're gone, you'll still have someone to cheer on right here - because diamonds are forever."
The speakers crackle to life, and you hear Phia laughing in the background as the producer calls the end of the segment.
After the segment ends, Trinh's arrogant smirk breaks into a wide grin. "I don't know why we haven't hung out before, Siroko - you seem fun."
"There's no seem about it," Siroko declares. "Hit me up when this series is done."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




“Roxie Ruinous. With your eagerness to die, it’s no wonder you came to face me. I just hope when the time comes, you’ll be bold enough to follow through, instead of lurking in the back like our last match.”
Holding a bottle of premium mezcal she picked up somewhere, Roxie takes a tiny swig as she lounges in her chair like a jaguar sunning itself in a treetop, one leg kicked over an armrest, utterly at ease. Letting the moment stretch on until the camera crew start to peer from behind their tools, she raises the bottle to gesture at the camera person, "Sabas que, will you let me know when Musa shows up? He might be hard to hear because he's always hiding behind walls," she takes another small swallow from her liquor bottle, "Maybe he thinks this interview is the scoreboard and he doesn't want to be seen."
Musa's grin widens. "If you can't get yourself over a little wall will all those muscles, that's not my problem."
Roxie lets slip a performer's laugh, practiced, perfect, vicious, "Get over a wall?" she makes a is this guy serious gesture at the camera with her free hand, "Puto, I go through walls, just like I'm going to go through you," she raises a single finger to forestall his response, "I get it, hermano, I really do. You're on a team of nobodies; cut-rate, has-been, washed up. You've never faced a contender before, so you don't yet realize you're sitting across from the real deal. A predator. You're a little bird, preening your pretty feathers, but you've stepped into my kingdom, and make no mistake, the arena is my kingdom. You see me sitting here at ease and you think yourself safe, beneath my notice," she shifts her weight in the chair, no less a lounge, but somehow more dangerous, more poised, "But you're wrong. I'm just saving you for a snack, pajarito."
“I suppose I must endeavour to be the eagle who eats the serpent.” Musa looks amused. “I remember our tale much different than you. We sit at two and two. Once, your blade found my heart. Once, mine found your throat. For all your talk of superiority, I see few convinced.”
Roxie's head falls backwards with a rich, throaty laugh, "I'm glad to hear you can still count, Musa, given how many blows to the head you've suffered," her voice still bubblegum sweet, her shoulders still shaking with laughter, she straightens back into her lounging sprawl, "But just like in the arena, you're focused on the wrong thing, and that's going to get you killed," she takes another quick sip from her mezcal, raising her cybernetic hand to shoulder level, "The only number you need to keep in that head is one," the metal forefinger extends upward, an unmistakable #1 sign, "One match. One arena. And one last chance to withdraw," she lets her arm fall, leveling out like a knife pointed directly at his beating heart, "because the next time you step into the ring with me, the only way you leave is in a vinyl bag."
"Direct and to the point, as always. For you, life is simple. You either muscle your way to victory or dash yourself on the rocks. It's true that you've found success so far. But with every opponent you fight, every match you walk away from, those who would fight you learn. They learn your one strategy. They learn your one approach. And every time you step in the arena, your two possibilities - victory or defeat - inch closer to the flip of a coin. Four times we've stared each other down, Roxie Ruinous. Four times you relied on your power, but I'm afraid you're now down to that coin. You're down to luck. And when luck meets skill, I know I'm going to bet on the skillful blade every time."
The speakers come on, but instead of the producer, you hear Joel McKnight himself. "I'm calling it. Good showing, boys and girls. Let's get those last two in here."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




"In order to create a sentient undead, you must have a strong connection to the subject," purrs Erzbet in her best imitation of an evil mastermind. "I think I understand you well enough now, Alpone. You are a man of fire and foolishness, a candle so close to burning out. You're putting the last of your fuel into this. Your last, great hope. I look forward to watching you putter out.... I could use another option."
"Y'know, I've been in the arena probably longer than you've been alive. Over the years, I've won my championships, I've travelled the world, I've earned my scars. And every city I travel to, every arena I compete in, there's someone just like you. There's some young blood who can't wait to take a shot at me. Who thinks they're going to make their name climbing over my back. Well, I'll tell you the same thing I tell every single one of them. You're welcome to try. You're welcome to test your courage against my blades. You're welcome to try and brave the fire. But when you're just another charred corpse on the ground, you'll understand why after this much time, each one of you starts to look the same."
"Doesn't it hurt, knowing that you're almost finished and have nothing? You are nothing, Axel Alpone. You have spent the grains of sand of your life in pursuit of something that will never come. Your bones will crack, your blades will rust and your fires will gutter out and you will leave nothing behind." Erzbet gives a sinister smile. "Except, perhaps, another puppet for me to play with."
Axel smirks around his cigar. "You really want to go there with me? You want to talk about what I have? I have hundreds of thousands of fans all around the world. I have the legacy of the Chaos Machine, a machine I built with my own hands, that took me and four of the finest fighters I've known to championship gold time and time again. I have four future superstars, four luminaries of the next generation of killers who stand beside me every time I walk into that arena."

He takes another puff and leans forward, pointing at you with his cigar between two weathered, calloused fingers. "The onus is on you, Erzbet Dushka. It's on you to climb over the burned remains of all the other upstarts who took a swing at Axel Apone. It's on you to prove to me, and to all the fans out there watching, that you can stand on top of that pile of ash without sinking. You call yourself a puppetmaster? Good! Fasten your wires and tighten up your strings, 'cuz I love to dance. But you'd better make sure you don't make a single wrong step, or you'll go down in flames - just like all the rest."
"I can tell you're afraid, Alpone. You keep saying, prove yourself! Prove yourself! Like I'm one of your little friends, your team of hand picked compensation for your weakness. But I'm not, Alpone. I don't need to prove myself. You keep telling yourself that to hide that we've already surpassed you. You can't admit that truth. It's time to take the pension, old man. Your ash pile is just a stepping stone."
Axel spends a moment reacting, then makes a slashing motion to signal the end of the segment.
An annoyed Joel McKnight comes over the speakers. "Alright, I guess we're done here. Come meet the rest of us in Room 5A. There's pizza and business."
Axel gives you a nod before getting to his feet. "Well done. It's good that you didn't rely on Tiger Fury. You have my condolences for your loss, he was a good man - but you're the one putting your body on the line out there now. You're the one putting your time in. It's good that you realize it's you the world needs to know." He gives a little salute as he turns to leave the room. "Good luck out there. But don't think that means I'll be taking it easy on you."
"Wouldn't ask for it," says Erzbet, walking out. "Where's the fun in that?"

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2018 around 05:44

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK




Erzbet and Axel make their way out of the studio, joining up with Phia on their way to nearby Room 5B. She carries a prodigious bowl of bibimbap, and if queried, simply answers "The ice cream last night was enough. Today's not a cheese day." When the three reach their destination, Erzbet pushes open the door to find her teammates and opponents greedily chowing away. Sitting on a couch at the far side of the room, a plate of pizza balanced on his knee and and swirling a glass of what you hope is just Coke, is Joel McKnight, the Asylum Arena's owner. A lanky man of ruddy complexion, he wears slicked-back black hair, burgundy slacks over navy blue faux-snakeskin boots, and a navy blue satin button-down shirt with the top button undone to reveal a hint of a chest tattoo in what appears to be gothic lettering.
"I know you have more material than that, Axel," he snipes as the final three arrive. "You forget your catchphrases in your old age?"
"There was no need. We'd said what we came to say. It'll be a crisp little package, easily watchable. The fans will dig it."
"Your funeral. You three, come get your food and sit down. Or two, I guess." He gives Phia's personal lunch a look as if expecting it to leap out of her hands and bite him. Only half-waiting for everyone to be ready, McKnight begins his spiel while Erzbet's still in the middle of helping herself. "The final match of your series is in three days. Some of you won't stop asking about which arena it's going to be in, and, well, I figured I might as well tell you. I'm nothing if not generous. It's not going to be any of the arenas we're used to, though. See, as you know, we're in the middle of an expansion. Hard to miss it with all the construction noise coming from across the street every day. But what you don't know is that building is closer to finished than you might think. In fact, it already has a fully built and ready arena. And who else built it but our very own champions, The Deathless."
"Everyone already knew that, Joel." Well, it's news to you. You certainly didn't.
"No one likes a smartass, Kwang. Anyway, in honour of their one year reign as champions, I let them design their own arena, their physical lasting legacy on this place. Something nice for such a loyal team, staying to defend their championships despite having beaten everyone else here at least twice." McKnight gives you a meaningful look, clearly expecting you to take home the point about loyalty. "With the proviso that they can't fight in it themselves except in exceptional circumstances, of course. I mean, I'm not about to give a team an unfair advantage. Now. That's where you come in. Your next match is going to be in this arena, and it's going to be the first match in this arena. Makes sense for its first feature to be in the match that determines which of you is worthy to face The Deathless, right? Sure, it could be the winners' match against the Flawless Executioners, but they've had a deathgrip on the #1 Contenders spot for a while. Everyone already knows they're worthy. So it's you. Now, listen up. I thought about throwing you in blind, but if you're all stumbling around trying to figure out how the arena works, the match is going to suck. So here I am, telling you about the arena." McKnight pauses for a second, then adds, "By the way, none of you are going to say anything about this until The Deathless' press release tomorrow. This is an important moment, and I'm not going to tolerate any leaks of any kind. That means you." He glares at Phia. "And I know at least three of your dummy accounts, so don't even think about it." Phia responds with a noncommital shrug. McKnight declines to acknowledge it, instead pointing at a videoscreen on the wall where a panoramic image of the arena appears. He starts going over the arena. The battlefield that will hold your final confrontation with American Made.

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2018 around 07:27

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


Philadelphia - April 21, 2559

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gta8K__-HBE Metal Wolf Chaos Music - I Hate

As you suit up for your match, it strikes you that this is definitely the most prepared for a match you've ever been. It might also be the most prepared for a match you'll be in a while. You've already fought your opponents four times now. You may not have won all those fights, but you've learned a lot in the meantime. Meanwhile, while the arena might technically be new to you, the owner personally went over all its idiosyncracies with you to make sure you'd understand it. To make sure you'd entertain in it. And as you line up to make your entrance, you feel confident. This is so you. You've got this. Win this match, and you'll share the rareified air of Philadelphia's most elite killer teams. You can practically taste it already.

Just don't get too cocky.


ARENA RULES
  • The pond is difficult terrain.
  • You cannot enter magic circles, either willingly or by forced movement. Immediately before you take a move action, you may roll Arcana or Religion. DC10 allows you to move onto magic circles during that action, then teleport as a free action to any other magic circle in the arena. If you move onto a circle, however, you become Weakened until the end of your next standard action in which you attack. DC15 allows for the same, but you do not become Weakened.
  • Gravestones are difficult terrain. If you're trained in Acrobatics or Dungeoneering, you ignore them during move actions.
  • If you end a push, pull or slide in a gravestone square, or you're knocked prone in a gravestone square, you take 5 necrotic damage and are affected by wrathful spirits. While affected by wrathful spirits, you grant combat advantage, roll twice on saving throws and must take the lower result, and cannot gain temporary HP. This condition ends when another creature becomes affected by wrathful spirits.

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP 43 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 46 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 45 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 61 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20

  • AMD Lane | HP 66 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 66 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 80 / 80 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • Does not grant CA for being flanked.

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 60 / 60 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • +4 to all defenses against OAs.

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 60 / 60 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2018 around 08:09

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Vivi giggles at Baz's reply. "He's a lucky man." She finishes the flirts with a little coo and the day's shoots with high spirits. She needed to get her little surprise ready for American Made and her most likely promo face-off opponent...

---

Joining the chowdown, Vivi consumes a socially polite one slice of pizza, capable of digestion of matter and appreciating taste to a degree. It all ends up burnt in a primitive raw mass incinerator in her stomach, providing minimal power to her internal battery. Satisfying and more human-like, but ultimately she would end tonight same as most other nights, with an arm-sized business-class power cord set into her back. She exercises excessively clean conduct as she eats the messy pizza, keeping her face perfectly clean after every bite. Joel's explanations make her perk up and chime in: "What a wonderful debut! It's perfect!"

---

Vivi arrives to the new arena in maximum over-gaudy. Her hair is still platinum blonde, she's still wearing the golden cross earrings and she has expanded to a ridiculous little shining golden mini-dress with some less-than-tasteful wrist and ankle jewelry in bright white-gold, as well as showing up bare-foot. Thankfully her ridiculous colors are offset when she mentally slides into her arena body, which is still in the usual efficient kill-bot uniform with her usual mid-length black hair.

As the match begins Vivi immediately drops low and dashes off to the side, curling around the tombstones. As soon as she enters the distant view of American Made she has risen, raised a finger to unfurl it and launched another propelled filament blade that flies clean across the arena and pierces Axel's side. Drawing first blood causes Vivi to frame her own face with her fingers as her eyes light up in manic glee and she laughs, irises flashing with red light.

Move: Move to K13.
Standard: Dagger Throw vs Axel hits for 8 Damage.
Minor: Draw Potion of Clarity.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 43/43 (T:)    	AC:	22	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 1/2 (V: 10)	For:	15	Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +7		Ref:	19	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	18      Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial	
Resist: Necrotic 5
Vulnerable: Radiant 5

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Dark Beckoning		[ ] Second Wind            [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Taste of Life	        [ ] Guidance of the Past   [ ] Unfettered Hunger
Vampire Slam            [ ] Darkfire               [ ] Bloodthirst(I)
False Bravado           [ ] Feral Assault        [ ] Recovery(I)          
Acrobat Boots           [ ] Strength of Blood       
                        [ ] Cunning Sneak       
                        [ ] Gloaming(I)

CLW [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Clarity [ ] [ ] [ ]

Implement: +10 Attack, +13 Damage (+14 vs Bloodied)
MBA: +13 Attack, 1d4+4
RBA: +13 Attack, 1d4+7

Passives:
Ghost of the Past: Free Guidance use for History/encounter
Enduring Soul: Regen 3 when Bloodied

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2018 around 13:28

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




The day before.

Caelynn meditates, again, for the first time in her life knowing what she's looking for. Fighting in the Deathless' arena was going to be great. She was ready for this. As ready as she was ever going to get. She'd show Minhua just what she'd learned.

Fight-day

The Rose Knight strides in confidently as the light-show reveals the Furies in time with their new entry tune. Her smile is self-confident, though she doesn't step into the spotlight like last time. "Here we go, everybody. You all know what we're capable of. What they're capable of. Let's show the world what we got." She strides around, drawing her symbol from the armor. Her signature thorn appears over Axel's chest as she whistles loudly over towards American Made, distracting Apone long enough for Vivi's knife to find the mark. "Incoming, Axel!"

White fire erupts around the leader before too long. "Hey Erzbet!" she calls over with a laugh, "Why don't you show them what they missed out on last time?"

Minor: Warlock's Curse on Axel
Free: Activate Sunblade
Move: K3.
Standard: Witchfire vs Axel at 1d20+9=23. Hit for 2d6+6=15-5=10 fire and radiant damage and 1d6=3 for a total of 13 damage. Axel takes -3 to attacks UEOMNT.


pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 20    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [ ] Hold Fast                        [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Second Wind          
Divine Sanction         [ ] Touch of Grace
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)
    Sunblade Greatsword (At-Will)
[ ] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: Bonus to defenses from attacks more than 5 squares away.
Eladrin Will: +5 to saves vs Charm. 
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit.
Seeker of Illefarn: Reroll nat 1 once/encounter.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

The day before.

Erzbet smiles in the wan light of a monitor. "I've got you this time, Apone."

Now.

"ALPONE!" calls Erzbet. "Let me show you something... your own trick, except..."

There is a horrible shrieking. Tiger Fury appears in American Made's midst, but strange. A black mask, and glowing eyes. Is this... Heel Fury?
He grabs Axel by the feet and begins to spin. This is the swing. The biggest Giant Swing. The Titan Swing.

"...better," finishes Erzbet, beginning to laugh. Axel slams into each of his teammates in turn, spinning them off into the gravestones before he is at last released, hurled to land himself in the mess. "This is MY BATTLEFIELD! The dead are mine, Alpone! You are doomed."

Tiger reappears next to Caelynn, seemingly his old self once again. He locks arms with her, then roars at the scattered American Made.

Minor: Summon Tiger in A8
Standard:Shrieking Wind Spirits (Lane, Maxima, Trinh, Axel, Musa) vs Fortitude: 1d20+8 28 1d20+8 22 1d20+10 19 1d20+10 26 1d20+10 30 2d6+5 15
Crit Damage (Lane, Musa): 1d6 5 1d6 4
All take 15, Lane takes 22, Musa takes 21. All are dazed, save ends.
Lane slides to D6
Maxima slides to E9
Trinh slides to C6
Musa slides to D7
Axel slides to E10
All take 5 more necrotic damage, and Axel is left cursed.
Tiger Fury vanishes.
A close burst 2 zone is left at the original target point. Anyone ending their turn in the zone is attacked with hit resulting in Slide 3. Sustain Minor.

Minor: Summon Tiger in K2. Caelynn gets 4 THP.


pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music
			 
HP : 45/45 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 21    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 4/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 21    Normal         19/16/18/19
Initiative : +6        Vision : Low-Light         vs. OAs        +4/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]       

At Will               
Spirit's Wrath              Spirit Infusion                Voice of Battle
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[ ][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      
[ ] Speak With Spirits     [ ] Beguiling Strands          [ ] Engaging Pursuit
[ ]Scorching Sands         [ ] Granite Armor              [ ] Second Wind       
 
Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [X] Shrieking Wind Spirits

Items::
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Potion (Minor)

MBA: +9 attack, 1d8+5
RBA: +3 attack, 1d4+1

Passives:
Tome Expertise: Enemies adjacent to Tiger Fury grant CA
Spirit of Vigor: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury's summon get +Int temp HP
Forest Walk: Plant-based difficult terrain is ignored
Calm Mind: +2 to saves against daze, dominate, stun
Resplendent Gloves: +2 damage when attacking Will. 
If it is an Illusion attack, targets grants CA to me.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

The day before
Roxie grabs a slice of pizza, and incongruously, rolls it up before eating it like a cannoli. After having taken a few bites she raises it toward Musa the next time she catches his eye, showing there are no hard feelings until the match begins. When Joel begins talking the specifics of the arena, she immediately becomes laser focused, planning how to dismantle her opponents one-by-one.

---

In the trenches
Rushing was a bad idea, too many opportunities to get tossed into the grave early, and staying too clustered leads to getting blasted with another barbecue. As soon as the match begins, Roxie breaks into a sprint to the west, weaving through the gravestones with effortless grace. As she rounds a headstone her arm extends, carrying its payload, sending a gleaming dagger sailing into Axel's upper thigh to join Vivi's twin; a dangerous wound that bleeds like a sieve.

She remains quiet for now, trying to spot a better opening to do her dark work. This is her opening gambit, but she is far from done.

---

Free: Frost Dagger At-Will, converting all damage to Frost.
Move: to K6 - acrobatics to avoid the difficult terrain
Standard: Sly Flourish vs AC (Axel) (+SA): 1d20+13 25, hits Axel for 1d4+2d8+11 21 damage.

pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
HP : 46/46 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 11    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 11    Normal         21/16/22/17
Initiative : +7        Vision : Normal            vs. OAs        +3/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               
Piercing Strike            Sly Flourish                   Great Leap

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [ ] Jumping Blade Assault      [ ] Dragon Breath
[ ] Disciplined Counter    [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Handspring Assault     [ ] Staggering Assault

Items::
[x] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Jacket (Daily, Free)

MBA: +13 attack, 1d4+4 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+5
RBA: +13 attack, 1d4+7 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+8
SA: +2d8

Passives:
Ritual Killer: CA vs. Slow, Immob, Weak, and enemies that have not acted
Refreshing Breeze: Dragon's Breath hits only enemies, and allies inside the zone gain +1 to attacks UEONT
Stuntwoman: Ranged and Area attacks don't provoke

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


American Made are hit hard by the Furies' opening salvo, especially...
"THE TITAN SWING, BABY! We never thought we'd see it again, but thanks to the Reanimator, Tiger Fury's just as good as ever! American Made is scattered amongst the gravestones. I can pretty much feel the sandstone dust from here. I hope for their sake my dear old dad wasn't buried there, Apone'll be haunted to the very last second of his life if so. Sorry, folks, that got a little weird. Looks like Apone and co aren't wasting any time striking back, though. They may be off-balance, but they're professionals, folks!"

"Vivisection, now!" Lane cries out. Without a moment's hesitation, Mauler Maxima and Axel Apone streak across the battlefield toward Vivi. Maxima reaches her first, grabbing her wrist and painfully wrenching it with far more force than Vivi's waifish frame is built to endure. Apone takes advantage of the opening, leaping in with a slash from his dual chainsaws that leaves Vivi's abdomen an utter mess. Then, from across the arena, a spinning disc of pure energy comes sailing for the little robot's chest. She has just enough time to process the approaching projectile before she feels its searing edge blaze right through her sternum. The last thing Vivi feels is a sharp pain, though the disc is playing havoc with her internal systems - she feels it everywhere.

Neon Musa follows up by dashing between his teammates and the furies, putting the momentum of his run into a mighty slash. The wind-up is obvious; it's not the kind of swing any of you would be likely to be caught by (nor were any of you near him anyway), but it was meant to serve a different purpose. The wide arc of his blade sends out a wave of light, which coalesces into a long wall blocking off one of the Furies' paths of attack.

"Don't let her go, Maxima! The Reanimator will have her back up in a second." Ironically the only member of her team not to focus on Vivi, Lane turns her attention to Roxie instead, weaving a spell that forbids the latter's approach.


MAULER MAXIMA
Minor Action: Kip Up. Mauler Maxima makes a saving throw (vs. Dazed) with a +2 bonus. Result: 15
Move Action: to J14.
Standard Action: Mauler Maxima puts Vivi in the Kimura Lock! 19 vs. Fort; Vivi takes 14 damage and is grabbed (DC20 escape). Until the grab ends, Vivi is restrained and takes 5 damage at the start of her turn.

AXEL APONE
Standard Action: Charge to J13, attacking Vivi with his Chainsaw! 25 vs. AC; Vivi takes 17 damage and -1 to all defenses until the end of Axel's next turn.
Saving Throw (vs. Dazed): 5

DIAMOND TRINH
Standard Action: Diamond Trinh shifts to D8 and flings a Powerdisc at Vivi! 23 vs. AC; Vivi takes 15 radiant damage (+5 vuln = 20) and is KOed!
Saving Throw (vs. Dazed): 18

NEON MUSA
Move Action: To I10, and create one contiguous square of blocking terrain wall for each square he moved through that lasts until the end of Musa's next turn.
Saving Throw (vs. Dazed): 7

LANE
Standard Action: Lane places a Trespasser's Geas on Roxie! 23 vs. Will; Roxie takes 13 damage. Until the end of Lane's next turn, Roxie grants CA and cannot willingly move closer to Lane.
Saving Throw (vs. Dazed): 14



ARENA RULES
  • The pond is difficult terrain.
  • You cannot enter magic circles, either willingly or by forced movement. Immediately before you take a move action, you may roll Arcana or Religion. DC10 allows you to move onto magic circles during that action, then teleport as a free action to any other magic circle in the arena. If you move onto a circle, however, you become Weakened until the end of your next standard action in which you attack. DC15 allows for the same, but you do not become Weakened.
  • Gravestones are difficult terrain. If you're trained in Acrobatics or Dungeoneering, you ignore them during move actions.
  • If you end a push, pull or slide in a gravestone square, or you're knocked prone in a gravestone square, you take 5 necrotic damage and are affected by wrathful spirits. While affected by wrathful spirits, you grant combat advantage, roll twice on saving throws and must take the lower result, and cannot gain temporary HP. This condition ends when another creature becomes affected by wrathful spirits.

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP -8 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18
    • Grabbed (Kimura lock); KO!

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 33 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17
    • Trespasser's geas

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 45 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 61 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43+4 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20

  • AMD Lane | HP 39 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 40 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • Dazed (save)

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 18 / 80 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • -3 to attack rolls; Dazed (save); Wrathful spirits; Does not grant CA for being flanked.

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 40 / 60 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • +4 to all defenses against OAs.

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 40 / 60 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2018 around 07:46

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

Slam! Bam! A passing line of data renders Thank You Ma'am as Vivi abruptly powers down mid-laughter, falling limp in Maxima's grip before her front half falls prone to the ground, her legs still held in the dynamite Kimura Lock. Her eyes go blank and she bleeds out steadily, the usual ignoble end to Vivi's short rises in the Crown.

But Vivi has real teammates and even friends this time... at the encouragement of the occult and maybe even Tiger himself, Vivi's body shudders and reboots with a wave of fresh blood, drawn by the painful Kimura Lock! But against the expectations of this professional hit-squad, Vivi's head rotates 180 degrees as her elbows invert and her arms painfully snap backwards, all of her fingers flaring open to their bladed state. Vivi hisses as her eyes erupt in danger red! "YOU MUST REALLY LIKE THAT BITCH!" In a frenzy of flailing, shrieking and struggling Vivi flays Mauler alive, every movement finding flesh to slash even as she seems to miss. Axel's proximity leads him to a less than glorious end, Vivi's rapid hands gouging out his throat, piercing his ribs like a gun-shot and once again entering, grabbing and yanking a length of his guts out! The Big Man falls, giving Vivi further First Blood honors! Small graphics filled with cheers play in the frames of her visual UI!

A reminder in Vivi's head makes her absolutely furious, her teeth gritting until blood flows from inside her mouth too. She might not get to deliver a Glamour Shot so she'll have to do better, for now! With another set of inhuman cracks Vivi's knees reverse and she splits the flesh to reveal mechanical joints in the legs, up to the thighs! She laughs hideously at Maxima as she thrusts her hips forward and a pair of limb-sized spikes criss-cross in the larger woman's stomach! Vivi withdraws from the wretched grapple in a skittering retreat, the motion of withdrawing her leg-spikes dropping Maxima in her place! Vivi comes to a stop behind a tombstone, her tiny frame obscured by it perfectly... and she resumes giggling manically, looking up for a moment to muter to Erzbet. "D-double kill! She f-fell for it... I told you I'm the b-best." Twitching wildly, arms askew and bleeding from every orifice and wound, Vivi tilts her head 90 degrees to the point that a snap should follow but gets cold feet at the last second. She grins to Erz and explains. "S-suicide protocol. Don't worry about me, hee-h-heee. Make them p-pay!"

(Assuming a Healing Spirit from Erzbet inc to speed up posting. Surge +4)
Start: Take 5 Damage.
Minor: Stand(Acrobat Boots.)
Standard: Unfettered Hunger vs Axel, Mauler misses Mauler for Half and hits Axel thanks to Daze CA, dealing 16 to Mauler and 33 to Axel. Can't use Surges to Heal anymore. Movement becomes Shift. Gain +2 Attack/+4 Damage UEOE.
Action Point: Feral Assault vs Maxima with Guidance hits for 32 Damage. Matching Rolls on Guidance = Now Dazed UEOMNT. Maxima drops at -8 HP.
Move: Shift 6 to M10 and
Free: Cunning Sneak activates, Stealth 23.
End of Turn: Can't Regen this Round.

pre:
VI.VI.AN. Mk2  						 
HP: 9/43 (T:)    	AC:	22	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 0/2 (V: 10)	For:	15	Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +7		Ref:	19	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	18      Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial	
Resist: Necrotic 5
Vulnerable: Radiant 5

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Dark Beckoning		[ ] Second Wind            [X] Swarm of Shadows
Taste of Life	        [X] Guidance of the Past   [X] Unfettered Hunger
Vampire Slam            [ ] Darkfire               [ ] Bloodthirst(I)
False Bravado           [X] Feral Assault        [ ] Recovery(I)          
Acrobat Boots           [ ] Strength of Blood       
                        [X] Cunning Sneak       
                        [ ] Gloaming(I)

CLW [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Clarity [ ] [ ] [ ]

Implement: +10 Attack, +13 Damage (+14 vs Bloodied)
MBA: +13 Attack, 1d4+4
RBA: +13 Attack, 1d4+7

Passives:
Ghost of the Past: Free Guidance use for History/encounter
Enduring Soul: Regen 3 when Bloodied

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2018 around 14:18

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko joins the fray, pushing up on American Made's back line. Her attempt to spear Trinh doesn't come off, but she does get up in her and Lane's faces.

"Everyone has a plan until they run into the Furies."

Moving up to H6 and then charging Trinh, to end up in. Marking Trinh and Lane after the charge.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC, vs Trinh: 1d20+11 12 1d10+10 14


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 61/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[x] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2018 around 14:51

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet shakes a finger at Maxima and Axel. "That was a mistake~"

Tiger walks through the circles, casually ducks the still reeling Musa, and then hauls Vivi to her feet. Meanwhile, Erzbet gives Roxie a touch of stolen lifeforce. Sharing is caring.

"Roxie! Vivi! THREE DEVILS COMBINATION!"

Dare Devil
Cute Devil
Dark Devil


"ATTACK!"

Arcana: 1d20+11 15
Move: Erzbet to N14, Tiger to J11 via portals
Minor: Healing spirits. Roxie gets a regular surge, Vivi gets surge +1d6.
Standard: Ready a Spirit Infusion for when Roxie enters range.


pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music
			 
HP : 45/45 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 21    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 4/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 21    Normal         19/16/18/19
Initiative : +6        Vision : Low-Light         vs. OAs        +4/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]       

At Will               
Spirit's Wrath              Spirit Infusion                Voice of Battle
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[X][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      
[ ] Speak With Spirits     [ ] Beguiling Strands          [ ] Engaging Pursuit
[ ]Scorching Sands         [ ] Granite Armor              [ ] Second Wind       
 
Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [X] Shrieking Wind Spirits

Items::
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Potion (Minor)

MBA: +9 attack, 1d8+5
RBA: +3 attack, 1d4+1

Passives:
Tome Expertise: Enemies adjacent to Tiger Fury grant CA
Spirit of Vigor: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury's summon get +Int temp HP
Forest Walk: Plant-based difficult terrain is ignored
Calm Mind: +2 to saves against daze, dominate, stun
Resplendent Gloves: +2 damage when attacking Will. 
If it is an Illusion attack, targets grants CA to me.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




American Made's counter means the smile on Caelynn's face makes way for grim determination. Right. Good opening, but they weren't done yet. Letting go of Tiger Fury, she points beyond Musa's glowing wall. "I know you can hear me, Neon Musa! I'm coming for you!" Then, she sheathes her sword, and closes her eyes. "Hope you're watching, Lin.". Imagine the place. Deep breath. Let go.

The moment she feels the pull, her sword arm lashes out; and when she lands in front of Neon Musa, it strikes the other contestant across the chest with a mighty blow. No, wait. There's a whisper in the void. It'll miss. Caelynn barely has time to adjust the blade, and catches Musa, who was in the process of dodging back, in the thigh, a flash of light from the sword putting all the attention on Caelynn. "I guess it's just not your day, huh?" One of the little camera drones comes whizzing by, and the Rose Knight looks up and gives a wink. Her time with Minhua had come in handy - and she knew the Deathless would be watching.

Move: Arcana at 1d20+4=14. I am weakened but can teleport. Move through the circle to H10.
Standard: Ardent Strike vs Musa. Natural 1. Invoke Seeker of Illefarn to re-roll the attack at 1d20+12=26. Hit for 1d10+6=13/2=6 radiant damage , and I mark Musa with Divine Sanction. UEOMNT, the first time he makes an attack that doesn't include me, he takes 8 radiant damage.
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Musa.


pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: 4)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 20    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [ ] Hold Fast                        [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Second Wind          
Divine Sanction         [ ] Touch of Grace
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)
    Sunblade Greatsword (At-Will)
[ ] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: Bonus to defenses from attacks more than 5 squares away.
Eladrin Will: +5 to saves vs Charm. 
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit.
Seeker of Illefarn: Reroll nat 1 once/encounter.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

There is no way this can work, Roxie thinks to herself as Erzbet calls out the combo they've discussed via text for the last few days, I'll never get enough air, self-doubt churns with her innate desire to make it showy, make it something the fans will remember forever. The Furies have got to fly. She takes a deep breath, palming two daggers.

"H-EY, NE-ON MU-SA!!" she calls in a sing-song voice, taking the first few steps to the east. As she takes another breath, the world seems to beat beneath her feet, the a sudden pressure building between her boots and the ground, threatening to unseat her earthly bonds. At the exact moment when it is too late to stop herself, a column of ice bursts from below, sending her skyward like a springboard. Tiger Fury is there, right where Erzbet promised, his hands locked for a perfect boost up, and her foot finds it. His immense strength sends her further, and suddenly the blazing flash of Neon Musa's signature shades gleam in the arena lights.

Winding her prosthetic arm back, she lets out the remainder of her breath out in a column of icy death aimed directly at him. At the same time, her arm snaps forward, sending both daggers near simultaneously toward Musa's exposed head. Gravity and momentum rob her of the chance to see her prey fall, but not even the crowd can drown out the sound of another victim to the Furies' unstoppable rise.

Putting on her best smile, she throws deuces at the camera drone circling near her, speaking loudly enough to carry, "I told him he'd be leaving in a bag!"

When the action rumbles on, Roxie catches Erzbet's eye, raising her fist in appreciation of the dynamite combo idea.

---

Move: Great Leap - Athletics: 1d20+7 19 - Roxie gets 5 feet of air ([1/3rd Char Height, rounded down, "2"] + [check / 5, "3"]) , and is able to attack over the wall. She lands in K10.
Granted RBA (Spirit Infusion): Ranged Basic Attack vs AC (Musa): 1d20+15 24, hits Musa for 1d4+12 16 frost damage
Minor: Dragon Breath vs Reflex (Musa): 1d20+10 27, hits Musa for 1d6+3 9 frost damage - Caelynn gets a +1 to attacks next round
Standard: Sly Flourish vs AC (Musa): 1d20+13 31, hit Musa for 1d4+2d8+11 25 frost damage


pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
HP : 46/46 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 11    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 7/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 11    Normal         21/16/22/17
Initiative : +7        Vision : Normal            vs. OAs        +3/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               
Piercing Strike            Sly Flourish                   Great Leap

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [ ] Jumping Blade Assault      [x] Dragon Breath
[ ] Disciplined Counter    [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Handspring Assault     [ ] Staggering Assault

Items::
[x] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Jacket (Daily, Free)

MBA: +13 attack, 1d4+4 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+5
RBA: +13 attack, 1d4+7 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+8
SA: +2d8

Passives:
Ritual Killer: CA vs. Slow, Immob, Weak, and enemies that have not acted
Refreshing Breeze: Dragon's Breath hits only enemies, and allies inside the zone gain +1 to attacks UEONT
Stuntwoman: Ranged and Area attacks don't provoke

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK


As you tear your way through American Made, showing off polished combos and vicious, unrelenting attacks with greater polish than you've ever shown. The crowd is going ballistic, Robin is losing their freakin' mind. The whole arena has reached a fever pitch, and you not only hear them chanting your name, you feel it. You feel it in your very essence. You feel it emboldening you, empowering you, taking you to a new altitude of adrenaline high.

But the match isn't over yet.

Lane and Diamond Trinh, from opposite sides of Siroko's blustering storm, share a look. It's a look that speaks to the reality of their situation. It is not, however, a look of defeat. Without warning, Trinh breaks right. She tumbles past Siroko's guard, rolling over a pair of gravestones to skid to a halt on the other side of the scion of storm. Facing Siroko's back, she draws back her fist. Instead of the usual energy disc that forms on her gauntlet, it's a diamond, managing to catch what little light shines in this overcast arena to gleam, brighter than anything else you can see, for the briefest of seconds.

"DIAMOND SHAATTTERRRRR!"

Diamond Trinh plunges the diamond's point into the small of Siroko's back. For a moment, a long moment, Siroko feels her faculties leave her. Touch, sight, hearing, taste, even smell - they're all replaced with pain. During that moment, Lane's mystical eye goes wide, spinning in its socket to stare through her skull at the two who just killed her teammates. Roxie and Vivi. They are about to pay. They feel the hex descend upon them, their destructive deeds turning back on them like blood that can't be washed from their hands. Just as Siroko is regaining some measure of sensation, Lane points two fingers at Vivian Vivisection, her mystical eye focused. Vivi feels the power of the spell course through her circuits - but before she can understand what it's demanding of her, she's already out, collapsed in the heap of whatever tattered remains Erzbet had managed to shove back together into her shape.

Lane skirts through the gravestones to stand beside Trinh. The two clasp hands, staring the four of you down. They know they're outnumbered. They know how this is going to end.

But the match isn't over yet.


DIAMOND TRINH
Move Action: Slip Through. Diamond Trinh shifts 5 squares, including through enemies’ spaces. Each enemy whose space Trinh shifts through grants her CA and she deals +3 damage to them UeoT. Shift through Siroko's space, ending in E6.
Standard Action: DIAMOND SHATTER vs Siroko! 25 vs. AC; Siroko takes 31 radiant damage. Siroko takes -2 to saving throws until the end of the encounter. She also cannot take actions outside of her turn (save ends).[/b]

LANE
Free Action: Lane casts Spiteful Hex. Each enemy who reduced a creature to 0 HP since Lane's last turn (Roxie, Vivi) takes -2 to all defenses and gains vulnerable 5 all until the end of Lane's next turn.
Standard Action: Lane places a Trespasser's Geas on Vivi! 26 vs. Will; Vivi takes 20 damage. Until the end of Lane's next turn, Vivi grants CA and cannot willingly move closer to Lane.
Move Action: Shift to E5.



ARENA RULES
  • The pond is difficult terrain.
  • You cannot enter magic circles, either willingly or by forced movement. Immediately before you take a move action, you may roll Arcana or Religion. DC10 allows you to move onto magic circles during that action, then teleport as a free action to any other magic circle in the arena. If you move onto a circle, however, you become Weakened until the end of your next standard action in which you attack. DC15 allows for the same, but you do not become Weakened.
  • Gravestones are difficult terrain. If you're trained in Acrobatics or Dungeoneering, you ignore them during move actions.
  • If you end a push, pull or slide in a gravestone square, or you're knocked prone in a gravestone square, you take 5 necrotic damage and are affected by wrathful spirits. While affected by wrathful spirits, you grant combat advantage, roll twice on saving throws and must take the lower result, and cannot gain temporary HP. This condition ends when another creature becomes affected by wrathful spirits.

  • FU Vivian Vivisection | HP -11 / 43 | AC 22 | Fort 15 | Ref 19 | Will 18
    • KO!; Spiteful hex; Trespasser's geas; Unfettered hunger;

  • FU Roxie Ruinous | HP 33 / 46 | AC 21 | Fort 16 | Ref 22 | Will 17
    • Spiteful hex

  • FU Erzbet "Reanimator" Dushka | HP 45 / 45 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 19

  • FU Siroko Tuuli | HP 30 / 61 | AC 21 | Fort 20 | Ref 17 | Will 17
    • Diamond shatter; Bloodied

  • FU Caelynn | HP 43+4 / 43 | AC 21 | Fort 15 | Ref 16 | Will 20

  • AMD Lane | HP 39 / 66 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • Marked (Siroko); When hit with melee / ranged, attacker takes 5 damage.

  • AMD Neon Musa | HP 0 / 66 | AC 21 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • KO!

  • AMD Axel Apone | HP 18 / 80 | AC 18 | Fort 19 | Ref 17 | Will 19
    • KO!

  • AMD Diamond Trinh | HP 40 / 60 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 19 | Will 17
    • Marked (Siroko); +4 to all defenses against OAs.

  • AMD Mauler Maxima | HP 0 / 60 | AC 19 | Fort 19 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    • KO!

Wol fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2018 around 11:35

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.




Seeing three of the American Made fall to the outstanding combo, Caelynn turns her attention back to Lane and Diamond Trinh; just in time to see them lay the smackdown on Vivi and Siroko. Not about to let them get away with another kill, her form steps through the space between space again, and she emerges, hair flowing dramatically, behind the two opponents. "Let me take that, Siroko," she says, putting her hand on the bleeding wound on the thunder god's back. Her magic flows out, and for a moment, the Rose Knight's eyes cross as she takes the debilitating effect into herself. But she's not about to let that stop her, lashing out with her sword to get Lane back in line for the finishing move by Siroko and Roxie. The moment her sword hits, she feels her faculties coming back to her, straightening out her posture and casting a harsh figure with the glowing light across Trinh and Lane.

"Time's up."

Move: Fey Step to D6.
Minor: Touch of Grace on Siroko. Diamond Shatter effect transfers to me.
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs Lane at 1d20+13=24. Hit for 1d10+6=13 radiant damage. I take 5 damage from Lane. Starfire Womb gives me a save versus Diamond Shatter at 1d20=11. I slide Lane to F6; she takes an additional 5 necrotic damage and is affected by Wrathful Spirits.


pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 42/43 (THP:  )       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 20    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ardent Strike           [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [ ] Hold Fast                        [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Second Wind          
Divine Sanction         [X] Touch of Grace
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)
    Sunblade Greatsword (At-Will)
[ ] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: Bonus to defenses from attacks more than 5 squares away.
Eladrin Will: +5 to saves vs Charm. 
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit.
Seeker of Illefarn: Reroll nat 1 once/encounter.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



PDF

(Rolled this before realizing there's no way I can get back up even on a 20.)

Death Saving Throw 16. Vivi twitches, bleeding out fatally. Even so, her hands keep trying to grip the ground to begin standing back up...

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko staggers slightly from Trinh's blow, but she stays on her feet as Caelynn comes in and sets things up. Now it's time to knock them down. While Caelynn goes after Lane, Siroko turns on Trinh. Her attack has the strength of the whirlwind behind it, whipping at everything within her reach with terrible strength. Her blow is accompanied by the boom of thunder and the brilliant flash of lightning, arcing through Trinh and Lane both, then the two are carried by the force of it to crash through the gravestones around them, sending dust and chips flying. For a moment all three are obscured, then the last gusts of wind blow the dust away, revealing the Fury standing proud and the her two foes reeling.

"Diamond does shatter."

Gale Strike vs AC, vs Trinh: 1d20+11 24 2d10+10 13
Damage Reroll (Brutal 2): 2d10r2+10 24
Lightning Craghammer Daily: 1d6 5
Slide Trinh to D7 and Lane to F6, causing each to take additional damage.
Trinh takes a total of 34 (24+5+5) and Lane takes 13 (3+5+5).
Marking both again.


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 30/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[x] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[x] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[x] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2018 around 03:04

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005




PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Roxie shakes her head to clear Lane's latest hex, resolving to silence the problem. Building momentum with a dash, she begins a rapid cartwheel to the west directly towards the raucous melee. As she leaps end-over-end toward her latest target, her boot heels clip Lane's head, sending the smaller woman to the ground...

As she continues tumbling, her hands seem to blossom with daggers, "Xalcoatl!" she yells for the arena to hear. Bringing her weight down, Roxie drives both daggers into the slight woman's chest, landing astride her. The sand serpent, a move she hasn't used since her time in the unsanctioned pits, never fails to solve problems. Bringing her face beside Lane's, she stage whispers, "That was for Vivi," and plants a kiss on the rapidly cooling cheek before standing up to finish the match.

---
Was previously healed by Erzbet, so starting at full HP, -1 surge
Move: to F10, Charge to F7 (I can reach wherever Lane ends up)
Standard: (able to target Reflex because of Charge) Jumping Blade Assault vs Reflex (Lane): 1d20+15 28, hit Lane for 2d4+2d8+8 20 frost damage and she's knocked prone - should KO her and I take 10 (5 + 5 vuln) damage.

pre:
Roxie Ruinous    						 
HP : 36/46 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 11    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 7/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 11    Normal         21/16/22/17
Initiative : +7        Vision : Normal            vs. OAs        +3/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]        >= 5 sq        +1/+1/+1/+1

At Will               
Piercing Strike            Sly Flourish                   Great Leap

Encounter
[ ] Dazing Strike          [x] Jumping Blade Assault      [x] Dragon Breath
[ ] Disciplined Counter    [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Handspring Assault     [ ] Staggering Assault

Items::
[x] Frost Dagger (Daily, Free)
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Jacket (Daily, Free)

MBA: +13 attack, 1d4+4 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+5
RBA: +13 attack, 1d4+7 - w/ CA +16 attack, 1d4+8
SA: +2d8

Passives:
Ritual Killer: CA vs. Slow, Immob, Weak, and enemies that have not acted
Refreshing Breeze: Dragon's Breath hits only enemies, and allies inside the zone gain +1 to attacks UEONT
Stuntwoman: Ranged and Area attacks don't provoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK





Diamond Trinh gets one last shot in on Siroko, a furious haymaker to the storm goddess's jaw, before being taken down.

You return to your bodies, collect yourselves and reconnect with Vivi. When you leave the projection room, Phia is waiting there as usual, beaming with her hands clasped in front of her.
"You did it. I knew you'd do it." Unable to contain her glee any longer, she raises her fists and lets out a triumphant laugh. "gently caress! I loving love you guys! We get to fight the #1 Contenders now, and they're not gonna stand in our way either! I love it, I love it, I love it!" She takes a couple breaths, still meeting your eyes with a look of pure joy. "Okay. Opportunity." She whips her phone out of her pocket and points the camera toward you. "Right now. This moment. What've you got to say to the people?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply