Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

In the brief silence after everyone catches their breath, a quiet line breaks the stares. "You should have been a trainer, you know. The statistics prove it." In a corner of the room, Erzbet is reading something on a battered tablet. "If you look at the breakdown of your teams over time, they all improved, Mr. Alpone. But you didn't. You were always the weak link. The dead space. Did you ever think about that? I suspect you didn't. Introspection is always the weakness of patriots and fools, and you're both."

She looks up, meets Axel's eyes for the first time ever. Even in matches, Erzbet isn't watching the eyes. It's the hands and feet. She continues in her cultivated eerie monotone. "You should retire while you still have a reputation left to salvage. Train some talent from the background. You do have a knack for it. You could sell workout regimens. Endorse a grill. Do something with your life that isn't failing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet does her usual thing at the intro- pose dramatically and let Tiger flex and point around her. Let him draw attention away from her anxiety.

This is an important match, so her mind is already running at lightspeed. What can be done to turn this around?

She listens to Caelynn's evaluation and nods, slowly. "Trinh's a good first target, but we keep worrying about Maxima. It might be good if she present a target of opportunity to bring her down first. Tough or not, they lose her early and I think they lose."

She evaluates the floor. "Lane's reaction armor has been hurting us, but it can't react to the floor. We should try to deep fry here."

She snaps her fingers and Tiger is there, again, at her side. He lays his hand on Roxie's shoulder, then steps forward. "Let's do this."

Tiger strides into battle while Erzbet checks the corners.

Erzbet to R7. Summon Spirit, granting Roxie 4 THP. Tiger to P6

K Prime fucked around with this message at Apr 14, 2018 around 15:34

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet considers the positioning from her hidey-hole and sighs. "Could be worse." She gestures, stepping into the light, and Tiger vanishes- only to reappear at Siroko's side, scooping flame around his ghostly hands and slamming Trinh with a meaty forearm. "TIGER HOOK!" As she stumbles, blaze beginning to catch on her clothing, a skeletal hand thrusts suddenly forward and jams a finger right into her kidneys.

Tiger turns and glares at his sister as Trinh begins to sputter and cough, the breath knocked out of her. Erzbet looks away and shrugs. Tiger vanishes to argue with his sister in the spirit realm while in his wake, the fight continues.

No Action - Dismiss spirit
Move - Erzbet to P7
Minor - Spirit resummon in K8 - 4 THP to Siroko
Standard Scorching Sands vs Reflex (Trinh): 1d20+10 28 1d8+7 14
Trinh gains Vuln 5 Fire. Myself + Siroko can choose to use Fire for our attacks UEomNT
Tiger vanishes.
No Action - Low blow. Trinh is Dazed UEomNT

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

HP : 45/45 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 21    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 21    Normal         19/16/18/19
Initiative : +6        Vision : Low-Light         vs. OAs        +4/--/--/--
Speed : 6              Action Points : [1]       

At Will               
Spirit's Wrath              Spirit Infusion                Voice of Battle
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[ ][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [X ] Low Blow      
[ ] Speak With Spirits     [ ] Beguiling Strands          [ ] Engaging Pursuit
[X]Scorching Sands         [ ] Granite Armor              [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [ ] Shrieking Wind Spirits

Items::
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Potion (Minor)

MBA: +9 attack, 1d8+5
RBA: +3 attack, 1d4+1

Passives:
Tome Expertise: Enemies adjacent to Tiger Fury grant CA
Spirit of Vigor: Allies adjacent to Tiger Fury's summon get +Int temp HP
Forest Walk: Plant-based difficult terrain is ignored
Calm Mind: +2 to saves against daze, dominate, stun
Resplendent Gloves: +2 damage when attacking Will. 
If it is an Illusion attack, targets grants CA to me.

K Prime fucked around with this message at Apr 16, 2018 around 03:12

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet shakes her head at Caelynn's touch. "No, it was my mistake. If I had been participating properly I wouldn't have gone down to begin with."

She clenches and unclenches a fist, sighing. "I've been acting like you guys are my brother's team, trying to force a strategy that nobody obeys anyway. I'll have to rethink it."

With that, she turns and begins heading for the exit. "I'm heading out. I have some thinking to do. You should all go have fun."

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

Surges : 4/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 21    Normal         19/16/18/19

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[ ][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [X ] Low Blow      
[X]Scorching Sands         [ ] Granite Armor              [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [ ] Shrieking Wind Spirits

Passives:

K Prime fucked around with this message at May 1, 2018 around 14:17

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet looks down at the hands on her arms. "Vivi, I swear if you do this I will make sure Tiger is standing in front of you in every promo shot from now until eternity."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet stares at this aberration in the normal fan mob for a moment, then gestures at a corner where it's less likely they'll be overheard. Pausing a moment, she makes sure Tiger is busy drawing as much attention as he can before heading over. "Ok, child," she says in her best sinister hiss, "we can talk without mortal interference here."

She straightens her collar, unconsciously, adjusting like she's trying to be the TA she definitely isn't any more. "Mass production has always been a dream of mine. The only problem is where to get all the... materials. Even bones rot, child. Many worry that I would plunge the world into chaos simply to get more!" Erzbet finishes, awkwardly. She really hopes that she's managed to convey the ethical issues plaguing that particular question without breaking character. Also that she doesn't seem insane.

"Roxie, Roxie!!" shouts a man with a large cast on his arm, emerging from the line. "You gotta sign my cast! I was like, doing tricks on my homemade electric skates, and I was gonna do a backflip, and then I was like, I can't do a backflip, but then I thought of you and was like, Roxie would never not do a backflip, so I tried to do a backflip and well I broke my arm I guess but it was so cool!!" The man has the manner of a hyperactive dog whose owner has forgotten to put on the shame collar, arms flailing despite occasional winces as he overdoes it on the broken one.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"I should start running the numbers on them," mutters Erzbet darkly, looking at the Flawless. "They're a nasty bunch."

Spotting in that a great excuse to get the hell out of this stupid socialization, she looks to make sure no further eyes are on her, then begins sidling off to go do analysis and planning; stuff that makes sense.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet looks at Vivi's social media with a long sigh. Well, it's in character at least. Nothing to be done but make sure the main Furies site notes that all member's personal social media is not the views of the organization, and that's Phia's problem, not hers. For now.

So. Back to research.

TC Bright. Unknown. New. Came from... somewhere. Now in the ring. Could be a hidden weapon, could be a weak link, and Erzbet's betting on the latter, mentally and physically. Too new. Need to get them off their game early, this time...

Time to start a feud.

Erzbet responds to Vivi's posts from a sockpuppet. "Have you seen this shiny? Looks like the kinda spotlight stealing star that'll try to make a big mess of you, you weird hunk of bolts!" Add a link to TC Bright's account in a way that pings them into the conversation and.... yeah, that oughta be funny.

She'd feel bad about this if Vivi hadn't tried to wind her up first, again.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"You got it," growls Erzbet, distinctly the least morning of persons. "Who pooped diamonds on your pillow?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"No thanks," growls Erzbet. "I'm happy not celebrating. I'll be even happier to pound that stupid old man's face into the dirt. I wasn't kidding when I called him a has-been, and I'm going to prove it. Something like, 'Not even I can resurrect your career...'"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet is a later arrival, in a classic short black dress, short leather coat combo known to punky goths everywhere since time immemorial. She's gone for gold accessories and deep plum lipstick and eyeshadow, creating an effect like if you dipped an Egyptian pharaoh in a pool of India ink.

"Sorry I'm late," she says. "I had to fetch the smoke machine."

The smoke billows out beneath an alcove at the landing as Erzbet steps without haste into camera view. "I am Erzbet, and I... do not ask for your love. No, I do not need anybody to love me." She learns over, leering at the camera with predatory gaze. "I will accept your worship instead. Your belief in our victories."

The camera swings up, to the side, tracking Erzbet as she moves between light and shadow, always the darkest shape in either.

"I know you. You are the ones who feel ignored. Who feel slighted. Pushed to the side. You want to believe that someone like you could be great."

She walks off camera, as it points into a dark corner. Then, suddenly, she re-enters the frame from beneath.

" And you are right. I will give you victory. We will break them and make them bow. You will get what you have always wanted... just follow us, our Chorus. Watch us fly."

The camera zooms out slightly from the deep close-up on Erzbet's face. Behind her, in the deep shadow of the alcove, are a pair of cat-slit eyes.

Insight: 1d20+11 16

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

The day before.

Erzbet smiles in the wan light of a monitor. "I've got you this time, Apone."

Now.

"ALPONE!" calls Erzbet. "Let me show you something... your own trick, except..."

There is a horrible shrieking. Tiger Fury appears in American Made's midst, but strange. A black mask, and glowing eyes. Is this... Heel Fury?
He grabs Axel by the feet and begins to spin. This is the swing. The biggest Giant Swing. The Titan Swing.

"...better," finishes Erzbet, beginning to laugh. Axel slams into each of his teammates in turn, spinning them off into the gravestones before he is at last released, hurled to land himself in the mess. "This is MY BATTLEFIELD! The dead are mine, Alpone! You are doomed."

Tiger reappears next to Caelynn, seemingly his old self once again. He locks arms with her, then roars at the scattered American Made.

Minor: Summon Tiger in A8
Standard:Shrieking Wind Spirits (Lane, Maxima, Trinh, Axel, Musa) vs Fortitude: 1d20+8 28 1d20+8 22 1d20+10 19 1d20+10 26 1d20+10 30 2d6+5 15
Crit Damage (Lane, Musa): 1d6 5 1d6 4
All take 15, Lane takes 22, Musa takes 21. All are dazed, save ends.
Lane slides to D6
Maxima slides to E9
Trinh slides to C6
Musa slides to D7
Axel slides to E10
All take 5 more necrotic damage, and Axel is left cursed.
Tiger Fury vanishes.
A close burst 2 zone is left at the original target point. Anyone ending their turn in the zone is attacked with hit resulting in Slide 3. Sustain Minor.

Minor: Summon Tiger in K2. Caelynn gets 4 THP.

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[ ][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      
[ ]Scorching Sands         [ ] Granite Armor              [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [X] Shrieking Wind Spirits

Passives:

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet shakes a finger at Maxima and Axel. "That was a mistake~"

Tiger walks through the circles, casually ducks the still reeling Musa, and then hauls Vivi to her feet. Meanwhile, Erzbet gives Roxie a touch of stolen lifeforce. Sharing is caring.

"Roxie! Vivi! THREE DEVILS COMBINATION!"

Dare Devil
Cute Devil
Dark Devil

"ATTACK!"

Arcana: 1d20+11 15
Move: Erzbet to N14, Tiger to J11 via portals
Minor: Healing spirits. Roxie gets a regular surge, Vivi gets surge +1d6.
Standard: Ready a Spirit Infusion for when Roxie enters range.

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[X][ ] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      

Daily
[ ] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [X] Shrieking Wind Spirits

Passives:

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet takes a back seat during the cheering, joining in a couple of FURIES FLY calls but otherwise not finishing up with anything but sinister grins. You don't do the closing if you did the opening.

The next day, Erzbet is mysteriously absent from the usual morning exercise crew. Her, her car, and her gear are all gone, but it's clear she intends to return- nobody leaves that much iced coffee in the fridge if they're making like a tree. Maybe she's just tired of Siroko trying to get her to do a pull up.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

A little bit of laughter drifts down the hall. "No way, it can't be-"

Axel and Erzbet turn the corner, both clearly having just finished their morning routines and Erzbet, at least, heading for the door. She stops dead in her tracks, dropping and then hastily retrieving her bag. "gently caress," she says, quietly. "....at least it isn't Siroko again."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet turns to the unfortunate nephew at the counter. "She's with me, I guess. It's cool." She sighs. "Probably."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Post-Match

"Have the decency to wait until I'm done winning this one next time." mutters Erzbet. "Well, whatever. I'll throw up a public post on my Dimsta later..."

Then she forgets about it, for now. It can wait until after the celebration. Tiger always told her it was bad luck to start a new feud before celebrating winning the old one.

But now she has to cut another promo, definitely. She groans. At least it'll be good for the fans.

-------------------------------------

Erzbet grabs the line like a sinking sailor. "Yeah, Siroko gets... really intense. I was looking for a quieter place to try a few things. Also, that reminds me."

She pulls out a few files from her bag, "This is Hot Roddy. Local lad, lot of talent but unblooded, in my opinion. With a little guidance I think he'd be the perfect fit. This one is Body Electric- a little off theme, but probably close enough. Got a good record and looking to bail from the Darlings. The matches are too drawn-out for her; the Darlings love playing delay and wear out and she's more of a blitzer. Also, Jenny Darling is hotter than her and it drives her crazy."

She passes the files to Axel. "Those are the ones I got off the the top of my head. If you want more options, let me know."

K Prime fucked around with this message at Jun 25, 2018 around 03:04

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Focus on the next hurdle for now, Kate," says Erzbet, not unkindly. "We have La Familia coming up and conveniently they're a McKnight special. We crush them and his reputation hurts, bad."

She pulls out a whiteboard from somewhere - where on earth was it- and begins sketching. "La Familia as a team is irrelevant right now; we can focus on how to beat them in the ring later. First, we need to make them look bad in the press, and by extension, McKnight. I have some ideas, but I wanted to open the floor first to our uh, more distinctive members."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"We should gently caress up La Familia, though," says Erzbet. "They're in deep with him. Making them look like the second-stringers they are off the field and on it is our mission statement for the next few days. I need ideas on how to really get into their shady dealings, or at least make them look very mad about it."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Not cops," says Erzbet, "But you're on to something. They're organized. Propped up by the Man himself. Hypocrites trading on a criminal legacy while being basically McKnight's cops. So why don't we be the rebels!"

Erzbet fingers a hole worn through her elderly black jeans. "What do you think about going punk, ladies?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Of course Erzbet is in on the strategy session. Where else would she be?

"I agree with that, but I think I may have cued you wrong with my positioning," says Erzbet, pointing at her minimal advance. "Instead of hooking I should have continued off to the left and forced them past you to reach me, as well as spreading the formation so they couldn't get me and Vivi. I think if I'd moved that way, you would have changed your footing as well."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet shows up in the classic uniform of punk goths everywhere- black leather covered in patches, fishnets, and a bad attitude.

"La Familia. What a joke," she says, spinning a pentagram amulet in her hand. "A team so weak, so cowardly, that they lean on their money and their ties to keep them from falling into their deserved place. Well, we're here to show them what they really are."

She leans into the camera. "They're not gangsters. They're poseurs, playacting and using daddy's money to be the fakest fucks in the business. They're not a gang. They're the pigs."

Erzbet gives a big thumbs down. "And we'll slaughter them."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Leave me alone? Well, I guess that's ok," mutters Erzbet. "After all," she says, snapping her fingers, "I'm my own tag team."

Tiger appears with a little burst of motion, already moving to start shaking a bush. "Find me that snake in the grass," says Erzbet. "None of these pigs is getting out of this unslaughtered..." Mixed animal metaphors, she thinks. poo poo.

"...anyway, shake 'em lose!" she calls, and Tiger dives in. With two pairs of eyes, it's not long before Scalpel is exposed to the eye once more, bush parted by ghostly hand. "No brake lines here, Scissorhands," says Erzbet. "You can't stop this."

Normal action:
Perception: 1d20+11 15
Scalpel set up for the kill.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"There's a problem with traps, you know," says Erzbet, leaning casually as she can against another pillar. She's keeping her bleeding arm clutched carefully out of sight. Ruins the image.

She looks at the Massimo staredown, then gestures. "Unless you really, really get specific, they only work on things that have a physical body."

Tiger contemptuously strides through whatever nonsense he's tried to pull, walks up to Massimo, and despite several attempts at shooting, picks the man up by the throat.

"There's a spirit to this all that makes it worthwhile, you know." says Erzbet. "Fair play, big fights, and keeping it in the arena. Being the best of what you are. That's what makes some fighters great, and others forgettable trash with inflated egos." She sighs. "Like you, making plays outside the ring. Maybe some of you didn't know. I don't really care. You tried to hurt my friend." Her face turns vicious and cold. "Did you forget how my brother died?! I'm going to make sure none of you ever work in this business again. From top to bottom. That's a promise."

She turns away. "Hey, big cat. I know you wanna do this your way."

Tiger nods. He roars a roar. All his fans know what's coming now.

"TIGER! GENOCIDE!"

Massimo's broken body is hurled through a pillar, and it's over.

Arcana: 1d20+11 27
Expending Spirits of Grief's Shadow to end this and Massimo.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet takes the stage- deliberately playing up her very real nervousness. While she's no slouch in the muscle department- nobody who is is going to survive long in this business, unless you're a cheater like Vivi- she knows she's been put first to deliberately lose. And despite knowing that's the point, it doesn't make the whole thing any less awkward.

"You proposed this to get out of your comfort zone a bit," she reminds herself. "Just pretend you're palling around with bro at the gym again." She looks out. "The show... must go on."

She goes through the poses - flex like this, bend the knee like this- just like she had when she was imitating him when she was a kid. It's ok. She's muscular, but there's muscular and there's defined the way some of the others are, and she ain't that.

But that's the point, right.

She's just there to load the bases. Tiger will hit the big one.

Athletics: 1d20+2 13

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

The other day

"We're never going to win on elegance or understatement," says Erzbet, critically. "We're not that kind of team and they are, and they know it. We're going to have to go loud."

Now
"Ok. You know what to do, Ruinous," says Erzbet, fluffing one final bit of the costume. "Make them think they're looking at a goddess. Move like you'll devour them all. You're our snake and it's our time to strike."

Erzbet's clearly gotten way too into this divinity theme but the costume is there to make it more real.

With the dress of Quetzalcoatl, her hair spiked in a fauxhawk with shimmering gold, and lapis lazuli dripping from her neck and arms, Roxy is completely unignorable. The pattern shimmers between scale and feather based on angle, and if Roxy can move with the serpentine grace of her patrons in the only understated part of the costume, a pair of black heels almost invisible beneath the hem, it'll shimmer all the way down the runway.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Maybe I should pick up a side job," says Erzbet, offering Roxie a high-five. "Though I generally would prefer darker colors..."

Her eyes light up. "Wait, if we win this, we could leverage that into a product launch. A fashion blog- 'Fly Furies.' Then an actual product line. We're all iconic, let's be icons... Where's my tablet, I need to make notes." And off she goes, lost to the realities of the present promo in favor of future ones. If bothered, she'd probably say "Someone has to be future focused around here!"

The fact that it provides a convenient excuse to avoid talking to more people today is entirely a side effect. Of course.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Similarly inspired by her efforts, Erzbet's gone all out by her sartorial standards. For this one, she's wearing a cloak of feathers that spreads into wings at her gesture- useless, but a fun minor application of necromancy, moving the thin bones that give it shape. Underneath is the same costume as always, but there's a sense she's taunting the Executioners, beating them at the flash game in the same way they've gone for satire.

Cracking her neck, Erzbet moves quickly to center field, while Tiger appears at Kate's side, reinforcing the flank.

Minor: Tiger appears in L13. Kate can get 4 THP.
Move, Move: End in O10

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

Surges : 4/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 21    Normal         19/17/19/20

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter

Daily
[X] Spirit of Grief's Shadow    [ ] Shrieking Wind Spirits

[ ] Amulet of Elegy

Passives:

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

From her perch "flying" on the chains at the rear, Erzbet spots an opportunity. "Pounce!" she shouts, and Tiger vanishes from sight as he "moves" too fast to see. In reality, Erzbet is moving him through the liminal near-death space that doesn't really exist, but it looks like a pounce. So it's a pounce. "Roxie! Spin toss!" Tiger slows near Roxie as she lands. Catching her her, Tiger whirls her faster than she can regain her own footing, allowing Roxie to hurl one more dagger back at Cinnabar, drawing even more blood on the beleaguered Executioner.

With a breath of exertion as she releases Tiger back into the hidden space, Erzbet spreads her wings on her chain perch. It might cost her, in a moment, to grandstand, but sometimes, you gotta go all out.

Minor: Dismiss
Minor: Resummon adjacent to Roxy. Position doesn't matter. Roxie gains 4THP
Standard:Spirit Infusion on RoxieRoxie's RBA: 1d20+18 20 1d4+8+2d8+4 22
Tiger vanishes.

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

Surges : 8/8 (V: 13)   Passive Perception : 21    Normal         19/17/19/20

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter

Daily

[ ] Amulet of Elegy

Passives:

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"They didn't go for me at all. I'm actually sort of upset by that..." mutters Erzbet, watching the action. "They might have salvaged this if they'd dived our backline as well. Would have been chaos, but chaos can help if you prepare for it. Flawless my butt." She shrugs, and Tiger reappears to bolster Roxie and Caelynn, handing out backslaps and encouraging energy, before he moves upward. "Vivi! Big fang, little fang!"

As Cinnabar whirls to face the charging Tiger, he vanishes into mist, and the last thing Cinnabar feels in the arena before being dumped out of her body control is Vivi's claws impaling her back.

Erzbet steps off the chains with the poise of a queen, striding off into the maze of chains. If they're not gonna come to her, then she's going to keep at it.

Free: Tiger appears in G11
Minor: Healing Spirit. Roxie heals for surge + 2, Caelynn heals for 2 Healing Spirit (ROX, CAE): 1d6 2 1d6 2
Move: Erzbet to L4, Tiger to C10
Standard: Spirit Infusion on Vivi, Granted MBA vs AC: 1d20+15 23] Cinnabar dies to minimum damage. Tiger vanishes.

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter

Daily

[ ] Amulet of Elegy

Passives:

K Prime fucked around with this message at Oct 25, 2018 around 15:49

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Well, looks like I have to clean up the mess this time," says Erzbet, watching the chaotic (but successful) plan of tripping all over Stardust. "Come on then, lovelies. One last push." She does an overdramatic gesture, and Tiger Fury once again appears in the Ring, hanging from a chain just a bit above Stardust, bolstering the endurance of the most tired by his presence. "Finish her."

As Stardust prepares to block Tiger's classic finisher, the Tiger Drop, a pair of hands wrap firmly around her waist from behind. "Fooled you."

Erzbet rolls back to her feet as Tiger walks off to go help Siroko, acting like he didn't see it. She does a little "nothing up my sleeves" gesture. Classic misdirection.

No Action: Tiger Appears in K10. Roxie may refresh THP to 4.
MinorHealing Spirit - Siroko, 1d6 Roxie: 1d6 5 1d6 6
StandardVoice of Battle vs Will: 1d20+9 18 1d6+9 12
Move: Erzbet to L10, Tiger to H6

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[X][X] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      

Daily

[ ] Amulet of Elegy

Passives:

K Prime fucked around with this message at Oct 28, 2018 around 15:24

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"While leaving you two to have a brawl in a pit would be funny, there's no point in dragging this out too long," says Erzbet. "Let us lend you a hand."

Tiger leaps into the pit, landing on Simoon's head and then takes up a guarding stance in front of Siroko. "No insult Siroko, but you look rough. Let Tiger take a hit or two."

Move: Erzbet to H10
Standard: Granite Armor vs AC: 1d20+11 27 2d6+4 14
Siroko gains resist 6 all UEoMNT. Tiger vanishes
Minor: resummon Tiger in F8. Siroko may gain 4 THP

pre:

Erzbet Dushka
PDF |  Entrance Music

At Will               
Call Spirit Companion

Encounter
[X][X] Healing Spirit      [ ] Hamadryad Aspects          [ ] Low Blow      

Daily

[ ] Amulet of Elegy

Passives:

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Coming back to your body usually feels pretty good, because you're going from a beat up, bloody one to a pristine-ish version. Erzbet gets a rare high, however - one reported by some of the best (and some of the luckiest) in the business. When you get back after being uninjured, you just feel amazing- two bodies of exhilaration with no downsides.

This means she's in a rare extroverted mood as she steps out into the post-match photo-op and celebration. Unlike normally, she doesn't run away. She's even brave enough to take some shots with FEX - and specifically, wink at Stardust. "You should have gone for me," she says. "I was expecting more of an ambush."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet, uncharacteristically, arrives late to the American Made tryouts, waving politely to Body Electric. "Sorry, got... I was busy."

Erzbet opens her eyes somewhere other than her own room or a hotel for the first time in a long, long time. The ceiling, appropriately, is covered in glow in the dark stars.

It takes her a solid minute to remember where she is, and she almost panics about having bonked Chere in her sleep, but thankfully the massive bed has prevented even her slight case of flailing from waking her.

She checks the time. If she leaves now, she might be able to make her scheduled day-

She thinks about where she is, and what she's been doing with her life.

With a sigh, Erzbet decides to go back to sleep instead. At least until Stardust wakes up.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Sure, good luck!" calls Erzbet, going to stand next to Axel. "So who's washed out so far?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"Like I gotta get a better plan," says Erzbet, devouring a pork chop. "A much, much, better-" She spits out a bit of pork at Electric's second question.

"How did that spread so fast?!" she says, burying her head in her hands. "...but yes. It's pretty nice."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

"I uh, I'd like to invite my parents, and uh..." says Erzbet, realizing to her intense relief that Stardust already will have admission and she doesn't need to say a drat thing in front of Vivi.

"I can drive, and we should definitely do the film," she says, finding safer ground. "The Animals did a follow film early in their careers and it was a big thing that got them into a couple of venues that otherwise would have been too upscale for a bunch of dorks from Illinois. It's worth it. I mean, worst case, I can get it edited it to be hilariously bad. People love that." She coughs. "Or at least I did in college."

K Prime fucked around with this message at Nov 24, 2018 around 22:39

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Hey mom and dad,

Know we haven't talked in a while, or even sent e-mails. I'm still doing good! Carl sends his love too. I know you still really don't agree with what I've done for him, but I can only keep assuring you he's happy as he can be, and that I'm working to make sure he gets what he wants out of this.

I guess I'm trying to bury the hatchet. Attached are the codes for complimentary admission to our big fight. I know it might be hard, but it'd mean a lot to me if you came.

With love,
Erzy

"Sorry to stop and do this," says Erzbet, shifting over on the couch to cuddle closer to her companion. "But its easier to write hard things in good company."

Stardust shrugs. "It's not like you can't pause a movie."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

A lunch date, let alone one with Siroko at the table, would not normally be Erzbet's idea of a good time, but she's about to face the fight of her career, so it'll be good practice.

And it's still easier than facing her parents raw.

Eating a very acceptable soup (good fuel without being too heavy), Erzbet gestures with the spoon at Cinnabar. "I don't understand how some people do it. I spend days- days! thinking things through and someone like you just blows right into it on 0 prep time. I can't even talk to my cat without worrying I've said something silly! I'm worrying I sound like a moron right now!"

Stardust laughs. "You do, but it's not a bad sort of moron."

Erzbet scowls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

PDFII Entrance Music

Erzbet has waved Stardust off for this one. Some things are between family, not girlfriends, especially ones of less than a month.

She has, however, stationed her just outside for collapsing into afterward. She's not stupid.

She fidgets, back and forth, on the balls of her feet, unsure if she's more afraid of them showing or not showing. After 15 minutes, the waveform collapses into them showing up.

She opens her mouth to speak, but her father cuts her off. He's dressed, as usual, in a t-shirt and jeans, on his off day, and while he's greying he still looks as fit as he was 20 years ago. He's been exercising more, lately, that she knows; it's important to keep busy.

"We still don't approve of what you've done, and we're not staying to watch. It's-"

Her mother, looking slightly bowed, full of complex emotion, her brown hair dyed now, finishes the sentence. "It's still too hard to see him."

"We still love you," says her father, "but we're not ready to face this. Not this... show."

"Thank you for inviting us," says her mother, a trite formality to avoid deeper conversation.

Erzbet ends it before it gets worse.

She cries a bit, with Stardust.

And she leaves determined to win.

«2 »