Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

It was true, the matches hadn't exactly gone in the Furies' favor. Still, Kate kept a poker face, trying to look mostly nonchalant. "You know, Diamond, you could take a page from Lane's book." She can't help but give a smile, one that's almost as bright as her armor, which she spent most of last night buffing out and polishing to make sure it looked good for the cameras. "Your arrogance is unbecoming." The Rose Knight pats the pommel of her sword. "All eyes will be on you, this is true; but your victory is not yet assured, in spite of what you believe. The Furies' reign won't be on the back of unearned boasts. We will bleed, yes. We will suffer. But on my honor as a knight, you shan't see another victory against us. And the people will see you when your pride becomes your fall."

Wahad fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Caelynn keeps her head high when she walks into the arena; at an appropriate moment, she draws her sword, and it seems the light reflects in such a way to create a shining beacon off the point; though really, the light seems too low for that in this particular arena. And then the moment is gone, and she joins the rest of the Furies on the way to their starting point. As they walk, her eyes shift to take in the lay of the land, and the pipes running along the ground. This arena was new, but the walls were a good addition in their favor. If they could only create a chokepoint...

And then Vivi asks her for the plan, and Kate blinks. "Me? I..." She takes a breath, peeking around the wall. "Okay. We know where things go wrong; we have to play it safe this match." She shares a look with the party. "We keep Maxima away from Siroko; that's not a diss on your ability to go toe-to-toe, Siroko, but we need our thunder god to keep the rest busy as much as possible, and you can't do that if you're wrestling. We try not to let Axel get a bunch of us in front of him; that chainsaw has some mean reach, and I don't want him to carve through us. And we make sure not to let Musa split us up." Her voice gets more quickened and agitated, the nerd inside of her getting into the hype of the fight.

"Siroko and me can try to keep the chokepoint, over on the left side; I would peel off Maxima if I can, but I'm not sure if I can go mano a mano with 200 pounds of cybermuscle for the entire match." Her eyes focus on Vivi and Roxie. "More importantly; we need to pull off Trinh and pile on her as soon as possible. She's fast, she hits hard; the quicker she's down, the better. And besides, I wanna knock that arrogant so-and-so down a peg." She smiles. "After that, it's Musa or Lane; then Axel and Maxima last, I think. Does that sound good...?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

She could hear Musa's attack hitting, even if she couldn't see it. The swordsman could hit hard when he wanted to, but Siroko was made of tougher stuff than that. Caelynn exchanges glances with the ladies remaining in the starting area and starts to flank left, pulling up to the wall for a moment and taking out the amulet from under her armor. It's a silver locket, inscribed - of course - with red lines in the shape of a rose. "In nomine matris, et puellam, et honestae strigae. Amen." A spectral white thorn shimmers into being over Musa's heart; not hurting him, yet, but the threat was there. Caelynn tucks the amulet away again and tightens the grip on her sword, ready for the blows to come, and in it seems a residual effect of her prayer, it blazes with a holy light much like her intro; but this time, the light is focused, almost piercing.

Move; to P3.
Move; to M2.
Minor; Warlock's Curse on Musa.
Free; Activate Sunblade, turning all damage with it to radiant.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +2   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 20    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Bargain                      [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Hold Fast          
Divine Sanction         [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Witchfire

Item Powers
    Sunblade Greatsword (At-Will)
[ ] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: Bonus to defenses from attacks more than 5 squares away.
Eladrin Will: +5 to saves vs Charm. 
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit.
Seeker of Illefarn: Reroll nat 1 once/encounter.
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Musa's wall goes up, and the plan goes out the window. Behind her, the rush of flames and screams of pain. "Damnit! Siroko, fall back! The others are in trouble!" Caelynn shouts, drawing her sword up and...running into the wall? But rather than falling back on her shiny metal rear end, the Rose Knight comes out the other side without so much as a scratch, pausing only a moment to touch her chest in a gesture reminiscent of crossing herself, before she barrels down on Axel. "Apone! Don't you know what they say about playing with fire?" Her sword lashes across his chest, and a slap across his face sends him stumbling into his own burning concoction. Without pause, she makes sure she has American Made's leader's attention as she raises her hand high. "You get burnt!" Her hair flows with a burst of magical energy, eyes glossing over a pale white, and Diamond Trinh's arms erupt with white flames. And in the flickering light of the flames and the light of her sword, the Rose Knight casts a harsh shadow across the battlefield.

Move; Fey Step to M7.
Minor; Warlock's Curse on Axel.
Standard; Charge to M9, attacking Axel with Eldritch Strike at 1d20+13=23. Hit for 1d10+6+1d6=16 radiant damage. Slide Axel 1 square to N11 for an additional 5 fire damage for a total of 21 fire and radiant damage.

ACTION POINT!

Standard: Witchfire vs Diamond Trinh at 1d20+11=31. CRIT for 12+11+1d6=27 fire and radiant damage. Diamond Trinh takes -3 to all attacks UEOMNT.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: 13)      AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Bargain                      [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Hold Fast          
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
Starfire Womb: Make a saving throw when dealing damage with radiant or fear power. 
Sunblade Greatsword: Shed bright/dim light up to 20 squares; you control strength and range of light.
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist all equal to Wis after spending healing surge USONT.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Watching Vivi come out of nowhere and gut Axel like a pig was, to be honest, a little sickening. But there was no time for disagreeing with her lunch; there was a fight to be done. Caelynn steels herself and surveys the battle for a moment. With Axel down, there were only three members of American Made left. Roxie was poised to take down Maxima with those low blows she was so fond of, and to be honest, Kate wasn't particularly feeling like getting back into the barbecue just yet. Lane had pulled herself back to the wall, possibly to cover - and then there was Neon Musa. An idea comes into her mind. She runs back, giving Siroko a quick slap on the hand to relieve her responsibility - "Take Lane. I got this!" - as she circumvents the hardlight shield Musa had erected. "So I know you like light, Musa. It's a neat trick, really. So how about we make a lightshow together? Just the two of us." With a mighty shout, she brings her sword down on the man, and chains of light wrap themselves around him, shackling him to the ground.

I take my turn after Viv kills Axel, so I do not provoke an opportunity attack.

Start of Turn; take 5 fire damage.
Move; Move to J6.
Minor; Divine Challenge on Musa.
Standard; Hold Fast vs Musa for 1d20+12=24. Hit for 2d10+6=16 radiant damage, and he is immobilized UEOMNT.
Free: Get a save from Starfire Womb vs Naturalist's Curse at 1d20=1.
End of Turn; Save vs Naturalist's Curse and Ongoing 5 Fire at 2x1d20=20,18.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 42/43 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Bargain                      [X] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [X] Hold Fast          
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Victory is swift, but the realization reaches Caelynn a few moments later than it should. They won. They won! She throws up her sword in elation, though she manages to look cool while catching it. They were still in this match, and they stood a chance against American Made. Just before they're about to be released from the arena tech's inspections, she nudged Erzbet, speaking softly to her teammate. "I'm sorry I couldn't pull you back from the fire in time. I'll be better next fight, I promise." The Rose Knight is all smiles again when they walk through the greeting line of other fighters, though she stops when Minhua makes her offer.

She's not entirely sure how to react, at first. The Deathless were a fantastic team, she knew that. Having one of them share some insights in how to use her power would have been a dream, if she were newer to the games. Now, she knew well enough it might be a ploy to sway her in one direction or another; whatever would be most beneficial to the Deathless. Still, more power was never a bad thing. She could always rebuff the Witch if the offer was unreasonable. "Why not? Give me an address, I'll be there," she responds with a bright smile, though it doesn't quite reach her eyes.

Her immediate reaction to the choice of doors is to go for the fans; but she looks back at the team before she takes a step. "You guys want to show off, or are we headed out of here?"

Wahad fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 29, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Thus joined together, Caelynn follows her teammates out into the crowd with a big smile on her face. The awaiting mass of fans isn't huge, but still bigger than she'd expected. She poses with the group for a few press shots, and whatever the fans themselves manage to snap on their phone cameras.

----

When the time comes along for the fans to come forward and meet the Furies, a young woman approaches Erzbet with a little bit of nervousness. She's dressed in all black, and with some of the same trappings of Erzbet's outfit, though much more practical and with much less flair. "They say you should never meet your heroes, but..." she starts, her pale skin reddening a little, "I wanted to meet you for a while now, miss Dushka. I - I read one of your papers? The one on the comparison of efficacy of production between material and immaterial laborers? Professor Ruggeri used it as an example - anyway, it's...I - the Crown isn't really my thing, but I think your new team is super rad. I was wondering if I could - if it's not too much to ask, I mean - if you could tell me where you stand on the issue of mass-production of skeletal or other material minions as opposed to the artisanal production of bespoke bodies? Demand of course is high enough that mass-production - " she launches into a whole spiel that no doubt is at least part of her thesis or some sort of paper for her university course, but she certainly seems passionate about the field, if perhaps a little bit untempered given her youth.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"You can just call me Caelynn, you know," she mentions to pauldron guy with a gentle smile. She follows the banner-bearers into her allotted position, taking out her sword and holding it blade-down, every bit the picture of an honored knight. She tries to not show her nervousness at a relatively sizeable group of fans that's here just for her; despite the recent success she's enjoyed with the Furies, she was already happy with the fans of the team. Personal fame is not something she'd enjoyed in the past. Once the picture is taken, she addresses the group. "If you guys want to get serious about the whole get-up, look up Logan Davis. He gives introductory courses on metalwork. Looking forward to see what you guys make!" Before they can hoard her time for more pictures or autographs, she disappears back into the crowd, trying to meet back up with the team.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"I'll just take a ginger ale, please," Kate mentions quickly, trying to get ahead of Siroko's usually boisterous celebrations. She wasn't above a party or two, but she certainly couldn't keep up with the rest of them when it came to alcohol - and besides, she was driving. She flashes Cal a smile when her drink is served and turns her back to the bar to survey the crowd. Outside of her armor, some people would barely recognize her - a stark contrast to her shining-knight eye-catching appearance, her regular fashion is much more muted and easygoing. In this case, it's a white tank top with some brand logo on it under a dark synthetic leather jacket that's a little scuffed in places, with similarly scuffed jeans - though not torn - and muted black flats rounding out the ensemble. If she weren't with her present company, most people would probably dismiss her as just another girl out on the town.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Caelynn gives a smile at the cheering fans, but leaves the bridge player to the others to deal with. "You have fun with that," is the remark she leaves the group with, as she sidles through the crowd and comes up to the pool table, watching the players go at it for a while as she sips her drink. She gives them a nod of greeting, but otherwise doesn't impose, letting them finish their game at their own pace, while she leans against the wall, ginger ale in hand.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Kate," she responds to the introduction, gauging up 'Lawrence' with a calm eye. As a fighter, she's not surprised or cowed by an intense attitude, but she's more surprised the man doesn't know who they are. Certainly, the Philadelphia scene wasn't huge in the spotlights, but the series between them and American Made had been going on for a while now, and most locals had seen at least one picture or another. She grabs a cue from the rack on the wall and gestures at the table. "Break away, Lawrence. And don't worry about them. They're preoccupied with the celebration."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Caelynn sips her drink as she watches Lawrence play. Not bad. Clearly he knew what he was doing. "Nah. We're fighters in the Crown - team by the name of the Furies - and we just won a pretty important match - for us, anyway. My teammate knows the bartender, so that's why we came here to celebrate." She studies the table for a good long moment, sizing up her angles. "Not a fan then, I take it?" The cue strikes with a swift motion, and a bit of english means she sinks the 6 with a stylish hit. After she repositions on the other end of the table, the next shot goes wide, managing to hit the 1 but not quite sinking it. She shrugs, grabbing the chalk and dusting up the end of her cue for the next shot as she waits for Lawrence to take his turn.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Mm. Shame, that was. They were one of the greats." At least Erzbet wasn't here to hear her say that. Taking the last of her glass, Caelynn carefully lines up her shot. "So what is it you do then, Lawrence? Other than playing pool with strangers." With a smile, she manages to sink the 1 after a double ricochet. Not what she'd expected, but a point is a point. Still, it had left her in a tricky position to down the final ball. At the very least, she can set it up; so that's what she does, hoping the man doesn't manage to take the game away from her at the last moment.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

His prompt exit raises an eyebrow, but she nods. "Yeah, that's right. Good game, Lawrence, and good night." She gives it a moment, putting back the cues in the rack, before heading over to the bar again for another ginger ale. Barring anybody coming up to declare their enthusiasm for the Furies, she'll join the group at the bridge table just in time to hear Jotun declare her toast. She raises her glass in response with a smile. "Hear, hear."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Fenrir Spear did, presumably," Caelynn remarks casually, inspecting the proffered beverage with a critical eye. She eventually dares to take a sip, her eyes almost crossing from the sweetness of it. "Eugh. Thanks, I guess." She doesn't throw it out - she was raised better than that - but next time she's gonna make sure Vivi's not the one picking the drinks.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

@CaelynnRose

"Let's say 8:30. Have some other stuff first, might not make 8."

--

Caelynn throws some more side-eye at Vivi after drinking more of the coffee...thing. "If I get spontaneous cavities from this, I'm sending you my dentist bill, Viv." But she relaxes in the seat, listening to Phia's explanation, fiddling with the hem of her light blue plaid button-down. "Face-offs, huh? I mean, I'll let the rest take first pick, but I'd like to go with Maxima if possible. She's a thrill to fight, to be honest, even if she hits like a truck. Getting her down in the first win was exhilarating. I'll have to think of what to say, though...tips appreciated." The last bit of the sentence is directed mostly towards Phia, who was a great coach in stepping up Caelynn's promo personality, though she'd welcome pointers from the others as well.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Hey there, everybody!" Caelynn comes walking down the steps towards the camera, in the same down-to-earth outfit she was wearing earlier. "Caelynn here. I know my outfit isn't what you might expect, but even the staunchest knight has to take off their armor some time, It's pretty heavy, you know." With a smile, she spreads her arm out and the camera pans out over to the water, the sunlight glittering on the small waves. "The view here at the pier is beautiful, isn't it? So much of this city is, if you know where to look. I love Philly. Some of you already know this, but I grew up in this city. Lived here for most of my life." Zooming back out, the redhead is leaning on the railing, glancing sideways at the camera. "And I'm so glad that so many people in this city - my city - have come out to see our bouts in this year's series. It means so much to me that the Furies have your support!"

Turning around so the camera can frame her against the water. "The Crown means a lot to me, too. I've been a fan of the games since I was a little girl - my parents weren't always happy with that in the early years," a small chuckle interrupts her speech, "but they recognized eventually that the flame in my heart was only going to grow stronger." Caelynn gently taps her fist against her heart. "And now that we're so close to victory, that flame has grown into a warming bonfire. It's been a tight race as we make our way to the top, and we've made our mistakes here and there. But nobody's perfect, yeah?" Her gentle smile turns into a more determined expression as she straightens her posture, and beckons the camera closer.

"But if you know one thing about the people here - your sisters, your friends, your neighbors - it's that we're tough as nails. Life isn't always easy - but we grit our teeth, keep our chin and pull through, no matter what. In Philly, that's just the way we roll. And it's how I roll, too. No matter how tough the fights get, no matter how dire the odds are against me. I will keep fighting, with the other Furies besides me, and we'll work our way to the top! So keep an eye out for us, and when our championship victory becomes reality, know that it was your support that pulled us through. I love our Chorus, and I'll keep fighting to earn that support until we reach the top. This is my solemn oath as your Knight of Roses." To finish off her speech, she takes a knee - and despite her lack of armor, she looks every bit the Knight as she does on the field.

Her silent shots aren't much different from those in her speech. She plays it down to earth and sober, walking across the pier and looking out over the water on occasion. Then, there's a few close-ups, smiling at the camera, clenching her fist in a "we got this" pose, and a more solemn, inspiring expression. On occasion, she looks back at Phia, taking some tips here and there, sometimes re-shooting a specific shot with a slightly different pose or expression.

Streetwise at 1d20+12=21.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

The day before.

Caelynn meditates, again, for the first time in her life knowing what she's looking for. Fighting in the Deathless' arena was going to be great. She was ready for this. As ready as she was ever going to get. She'd show Minhua just what she'd learned.

Fight-day

The Rose Knight strides in confidently as the light-show reveals the Furies in time with their new entry tune. Her smile is self-confident, though she doesn't step into the spotlight like last time. "Here we go, everybody. You all know what we're capable of. What they're capable of. Let's show the world what we got." She strides around, drawing her symbol from the armor. Her signature thorn appears over Axel's chest as she whistles loudly over towards American Made, distracting Apone long enough for Vivi's knife to find the mark. "Incoming, Axel!"

White fire erupts around the leader before too long. "Hey Erzbet!" she calls over with a laugh, "Why don't you show them what they missed out on last time?"

Minor: Warlock's Curse on Axel
Free: Activate Sunblade
Move: K3.
Standard: Witchfire vs Axel at 1d20+9=23. Hit for 2d6+6=15-5=10 fire and radiant damage and 1d6=3 for a total of 13 damage. Axel takes -3 to attacks UEOMNT.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

Ardent Strike           [ ] Fey Step                         [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Challenge        [ ] Hold Fast                        [ ] Radiant Delirium             
Eldritch Strike         [ ] Second Wind          
Divine Sanction         [ ] Touch of Grace
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

American Made's counter means the smile on Caelynn's face makes way for grim determination. Right. Good opening, but they weren't done yet. Letting go of Tiger Fury, she points beyond Musa's glowing wall. "I know you can hear me, Neon Musa! I'm coming for you!" Then, she sheathes her sword, and closes her eyes. "Hope you're watching, Lin.". Imagine the place. Deep breath. Let go.

The moment she feels the pull, her sword arm lashes out; and when she lands in front of Neon Musa, it strikes the other contestant across the chest with a mighty blow. No, wait. There's a whisper in the void. It'll miss. Caelynn barely has time to adjust the blade, and catches Musa, who was in the process of dodging back, in the thigh, a flash of light from the sword putting all the attention on Caelynn. "I guess it's just not your day, huh?" One of the little camera drones comes whizzing by, and the Rose Knight looks up and gives a wink. Her time with Minhua had come in handy - and she knew the Deathless would be watching.

Move: Arcana at 1d20+4=14. I am weakened but can teleport. Move through the circle to H10.
Standard: Ardent Strike vs Musa. Natural 1. Invoke Seeker of Illefarn to re-roll the attack at 1d20+12=26. Hit for 1d10+6=13/2=6 radiant damage , and I mark Musa with Divine Sanction. UEOMNT, the first time he makes an attack that doesn't include me, he takes 8 radiant damage.
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Musa.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: 4)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

Divine Challenge        [ ] Hold Fast                        [ ] Radiant Delirium             
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Seeing three of the American Made fall to the outstanding combo, Caelynn turns her attention back to Lane and Diamond Trinh; just in time to see them lay the smackdown on Vivi and Siroko. Not about to let them get away with another kill, her form steps through the space between space again, and she emerges, hair flowing dramatically, behind the two opponents. "Let me take that, Siroko," she says, putting her hand on the bleeding wound on the thunder god's back. Her magic flows out, and for a moment, the Rose Knight's eyes cross as she takes the debilitating effect into herself. But she's not about to let that stop her, lashing out with her sword to get Lane back in line for the finishing move by Siroko and Roxie. The moment her sword hits, she feels her faculties coming back to her, straightening out her posture and casting a harsh figure with the glowing light across Trinh and Lane.

"Time's up."

Move: Fey Step to D6.
Minor: Touch of Grace on Siroko. Diamond Shatter effect transfers to me.
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs Lane at 1d20+13=24. Hit for 1d10+6=13 radiant damage. I take 5 damage from Lane. Starfire Womb gives me a save versus Diamond Shatter at 1d20=11. I slide Lane to F6; she takes an additional 5 necrotic damage and is affected by Wrathful Spirits.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 42/43 (THP:  )       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

Ardent Strike           [X] Fey Step                         [ ] Crown of Stars
Divine Sanction         [X] Touch of Grace
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Fight and die, Furies Fly!" Caelynn echoes after Siroko's statement. Even after the transition, she's red in the face, and sweating, but her expression is ecstatic. They'd won! She had won! It had been hard, so hard, but they'd actually done it. "We love you, folks! Woo!" Any actual promo would have to wait until the highs of dopamine had settled. She was too happy to put on a face right now.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Despite not being the designated driver this time, Caelynn's club visit is (mostly) free of alcohol, except when Siroko demands they do a round of shots together. And then Vivi does, too. By the third round, however, she ducks out, avoiding further drinks by staying out on the dancefloor.

--

The following day, Caelynn stays in. No exercise for her, barring a few morning reps of situps and pushups; instead, she calls her parents excitedly to let them know about the win and that she's coming by for a visit tomorrow. Once all that is settled, she has a quiet morning in, checking the feeds to see what people have to say about her performance throughout the American Made series. She's not as obsessive with what the fans think of her as Vivi - and not as egregious, so she doesn't stand out nearly as much either. Still, she's not immune to the lure of stardom, so she spends the better part of the morning browsing both official channels and social media with a nice, extensive breakfast.

The afternoon she goes out to buy some supplies; incense (with burners), a small foam mat, and some permanent markers. She studies some magical circle patterns through the most reputable sources she can find online - not many, granted, but she had to start somewhere - eventually settling on one partially just because it looks cool, and draws it on the mat when she's back in her apartment, similar to Minhua's. Once that is done, she attempts some meditation once more.

It doesn't quite go as she expected. She doesn't travel back to the garden. Or the glade. In fact, she doesn't travel anywhere at all. But in that moment between the realms, when the room fades away and she's falling through the void, she can feel a push, and a voice in her ear. "Not yet." She returns to the 'real' world with sweat on her forehead, and flat on her face on the mat. "Motherfucker." she curses quietly, catching her breath before she starts putting everything away.

--

On Sunday, Kate drives down to Ardmore around 3, a sixpack of beer (one of Roxie's recommendations) and a bottle of wine (one of Phia's) in the passenger seat. The doorbell hasn't even finished the admittedly lengthy jingle before her dad pulls open the door and her into a big hug. "There's my champion!" he bellows, leaving her to laugh as she's forcefully accepted into her childhood home.

"Hey, dad. 'sgood to see you again."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Kate is quiet for a long time. The whole mess had left her upset, even if she'd tried to bring back her earlier enthusiasm about winning the American Made series when visiting her parents. But now she was in with the real deal again. The Furies were just as much in this mess as her. There was no need to pretend here. "Look. All of you know I'm not...not much in the way of ruthless, or tough, or devious." With a sigh, she waves away any complaints that might arise pre-emptively. "I can't say I'll be prepared for what McKnight is gonna throw at us if Phia says he is as bad as he is." Looking back up to the other girls, her face is set in a slightly-forced, neutral expression. "But what I am is determined. I didn't stop in the Crown when I lost. Again and again. I kept trying. 'cause my dream was to be at the top." The more perceptive among the Furies might catch a glimpse of water welling up, but still, Kate keeps her face as neutral as she can.

"This whole mess is unfair. But in the end, it's just another hurdle. A stupid, unfair hurdle, but a hurdle all the same." Her fists clench as her expression wavers for a moment, then sets again. "I don't know what it'll take. And frankly, I don't care. I'm not letting that sleaze cheat us out of our money. We'll make it there. We'll get our drat money. And we'll make McKnight rue the loving day he dared to cross us."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Afternoon on the 25th

"I..." Kate sighs, starting before pausing immediately. She hadn't given her flaws much thought after their victory; Siroko's mail had, admittedly, caught her a little by surprise initially. "I shouldn't have broken left, I think, in the opening move. Yeah, I recovered, but if I'd gone and reinforced the center, I could've stopped Lane before she dashed through, or at least taken the brunt of Axel before he roasted the others. I'm not as tough as Siroko, but I can hold my ground - so I should've."

Walking out on the 26th

La Familia's intimidation at this point is more of an inconvenience than an actual threat. Part of her wants to be a smartass and tell them to stick Fortuna's blades up each of their respective asses, but the Furies have a plan, so Kate will play along. She nods at Roxie, leaning against her driver's side door, and pulling out her phone, browsing a little while she waits - ostensibly for Roxie to finish talking, but mostly just to back her up in case it might be necessary.

Evening before the match

After her dinner, which is more soberingly simple than she would've liked, Caelynn sits on her couch, tv mostly on for background noise, twiddling with the phone in her fingers. She didn't really want to make this conversation. Part of her wanted to leave her parents out of the nasty bits of the Crown as much as possible; they'd never liked how dangerous it was, how she'd struggled before. Especially after she'd come to them on the high of their victory earlier in the weekend. But they were gonna need a lawyer. And if La Familia got too handsy about things, her parents needed to be sure to look out for themselves.

The ringing tone seems to last an eternity. When her mother finally picks up, Kate hesitates a moment longer. "...hey, mom. It's Kate. Yeah, yeah, I'm - I'm fine. But I have some bad news, mom." With a sigh, she continues: "I need mister Schumacher's number. I don't know if we'll end up calling him or somebody else, but - no, no, we're fine, mostly. I can't get into it, but we need somebody to represent us. Someone good." She endures her mother's concerned lecture for a moment. "Please, mom. I'll tell you everything when it's over, but for now I can't have anything getting out." Mrs. Miller eventually relents. "Thanks, mom. Listen, I...want you and dad to keep an eye out, okay? If you see anybody looking at you, or following you, or...anything, let me know. I - no, I don't think they'll hurt you, but - " she swallows back her tears, dismissing her vulnerability with a struggled moment of focus, "sorry, Mom. We messed up a little, but we're going to fix it. Just... be careful, okay? Please."

When that conversation is finished, she sends Phia a quick message. "Don't know if you know people, but just in case. This is a lawyer's number. A good one. The one I mentioned before is friends with my mom. Can't guarantee we get a discount or anything, but if you mention my real name it should at least get us on his list."

Wahad fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 25, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Kate is no saint. She doesn't mind the occasional curse. Her parent's don't, either. But the string of words coming out of her mouth as she tries to avoid a movie-style triple flip with her car would probably give her mother the vapors. When she finally comes to a halt, and the adrenaline wears off, she can feel herself shaking. Those assholes actually tried to kill her! Her fingers fumble to find her phone, dropping it once before she finally manages to get it unlocked. "Call Roxie," she says with a similarly shaking voice.

"R-roxie? It's Kate. I..." she tries to collect her thoughts, taking a deep breath, "they wrecked my loving car. No brakes and my tire's gone. I had to crash it. I need a pickup ASAP. Please. I'm at, uh..." She looks around, trying to find a landmark. "I'm on the 95, near the terminals. I'd call somebody else but you're the fastest, and we need to get to the arena."

The next call is 911. "Hello. My name is Kate Miller. My car broke down on the 95 freeway, near Fisher Point Range, and I had to crash it into the guard rail. No, I wasn't hurt too badly. Nobody else was involved. But I think my car was tampered with. Please send...I don't know, somebody to investigate, or something. I can deliver a statement but I have a pressing appointment that I can't be late for so I already called somebody to pick me up. I can do the particulars later at the station if I get...a phone number, or something." She has no real idea what the process is here, but that should hopefully be enough. She finally sinks to her haunches, leaning against the rail, and tries not to cry.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

She doesn't take the chocolate bar. Roxie is probably right. It would settle her nerves. But it wouldn't settle the score. Her grip is iron tight around her teammate's waist. The bruise on her shoulder where it hit the door pulses with a dull ache. Her head leans into Roxie's back - broad, and strong, and safe. It calms her more than a chocolate bar would. When they finally arrive at the arena, she responds to the police at last. "Yeah, uh - I don't know. I'm full up in the afternoon. Tonight, at like seven? Maybe tomorrow if that's better for you guys." Hanging up, she looks at her savior, and sighs heavily. "Thanks, Roxie. I didn't want to let those guys think they could make me miss the match. I'm - " she takes another deep breath, and steels her expression before they head in, "Let's show them what the price is for messing with the Furies."

Minhua's call out almost makes her stop. "Sorry, I - I don't have time. Car accident. I'm fine, but...I'll tell you later, okay?" she keeps walking, heading for the room, then actually stops, walking back to Minhua and taking her aside, lowering her voice after looking around. "I can't tell you everything. We... have a problem with McKnight. The promo later today is gonna reveal more of it, but... they cut my brakes, Lin. They could've killed me. For real." Her eyes have long since lost their steel, and there's a plea in her gaze. "I don't want you to go against your team. I know you guys are probably chummy with him. But it would mean a lot if we could count on your support against this rear end in a top hat in the future. Call me tonight." She forces a smile. It doesn't reach her eyes. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some goons to murder."

She catches up with Roxie again just before they enter the Furies' room. Caelynn slams the door shut (probably a little harder than necessary) and heads straight for one of the benches where she collapses with half a sob. The concerned faces are waved away. "Just...just give me a second." She buries her face in her hands. They come away slightly moist after a long moment, and she looks up. "Okay. This just got real." She takes off her jacket, showing the large bruise forming on her shoulder. It's already ominously dark. "Sorry we're late." That one was mostly aimed at Phia, though there's no real apology behind it. "I had a car accident, so Roxie had to pick me up." Again, she tries to force a pleasant expression. It doesn't work. What she wouldn't give for one of Vivi's ditzy subroutines now.

"Somebody cut my breaks and sabotaged my right front wheel. I had to smash my car into the guard rail. I'll give you zero guesses to figure out who did it, or at least who ordered it." Another moment of silence passes. "So when this match happens, I'm gonna go out there, and I'm going to break their faces, and I'm not going to stop until they can feel it a week from now. I know this match isn't a last team standing, but I don't care. They're loving dead. All of them."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Thanks, everyone. I'm...I'm good. Let me just - get dressed." Siroko pulling her up elicits another groan from Kate, but she waves away the concerns. "No, I'm fine, really, just...a little sore." Taking off her regular coat and shirt - she'd already come into work with the torn jeans and steel-toed boots, 'cause she owned those herself - she reaches into her locker and pulls out a cut-off white shirt with the Furies logo messily emblazoned on it and a dark leather jacket she borrowed from one of Phia's friends. She puts them on and steels herself. Time to rebel against the establishment. "Let's do this."

In the studio, she is silent for a while. Her hands fiddle with the hem of her jacket. But when Phia gives the signal that the camera's running, she looks up, and balls her hands into fists. "Hello, everyone." Her voice is cold and flat - a great disconnect from the usual charming image she tries to give off. "La Familia considers us upstarts. Who can blame them? We came out of nowhere. We have - by all acounts - a great start to our career here in Philly, culminating in a hard-fought victory over American Made." A small smile is spared. "And we thank the fans and everybody who's helped us get this far. We've worked hard for this. And we're not going to stop until we claim the championship. You know this."

"La Familia, however, doesn't care. They don't want the upstarts to succeed. That's all well and good. A little team rivalry is good for the show." Her eyes turn to a cold glare, and she leans into the camera. "But it's not just team rivalry we're speaking of, here. The Godmother accused us of not respecting them. And they're right. We don't respect them. Our respect must be earned. The Godmother threatened to make an example out of us if we didn't watch our step. Earlier this morning, she nearly did." Kate slowly takes off her jacket, revealing the giant bruise on her shoulder.

"My car lost one of the front wheels this morning on the freeway. I tried to stop, but my brakes were not functioning. By some miracle, I came out of it alive, but my car is a ruined mess against the guard rail. Anybody driving across the 95 near Fisher Point Range, take a look! I probably left a good dent in the rail." She points at the camera - an accusatory finger. "So no, we don't respect La Familia. Not when they try to take the coward's way out. And I don't think this is their first time. How many matches have they rigged in their favor by scaring the competition? How long have they coasted on their friendship with Joel McKnight? How long have they gotten by with this because nobody dared to speak up?" Her voice rises as her face twists in an angry scowl. "No longer. We will not back down. We will not submit! We will tear down those comfortable foundations of corruption that support their bony asses, we will break La Familia, and we will show the world that you do not gently caress with the Furies!" She's not crying. Crying wouldn't be very punk.

Intimidate at 1d20+7=19.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 31, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Caelynn's appearance is mostly the same as what people are used to. Bright, golden-hued armor, a large sword, and her necklace proudly on display. Her attitude is very different, though. Where in previous matches she was excited, and even a bit of a show-off, her entrance now only consists of stoically marching along once their themesong kicks in, eyes never leaving La Familia, and dropping low into a readied stance right before the start signal sounds; but she's immediately engulfed in flames from Fortuna's molotov, disappearing from sight in the conflagration.

But a bright light comes down from the sky, and when the Rose Knight strides out of the flames with only minor scrapes and singes, her red hair flowing with the power surrounding her as her sword is wreathed in an eye-piercing glow. "So which one of you assholes was it, huh?" she said, slowly stalking around the bush, not going for the immediate target of Fortuna but instead keeping an eye on the last Familia member she'd seen before the match: Sante Rosso. "Did Giovanna use those little trinkets of hers?" She occasionally turns the sword in her hand in a lazy, large arc, shadows flickering across the arena like frightened specters. "Or are you the resident mechanic, maybe?" When she finally comes up behind Sante, she plants her sword in the ground, stepping in front of it so the light casts her features into a harsh shadow that looms over the gangster. "I would say 'if you tell me, I'll spare you', but I'm no liar."

"I know you think I'm not worthy of your power yet." The prayer goes out to her patron with a calm, steady thought. "But I'm not letting some punk-rear end cowards take your Knight away from you. So help me do that." As if in response, the sword's light grows to a blinding eclipse, and Sante doesn't even see her gauntlet-covered hand coming before it grabs onto his face and plows him into the wall of the temple... and again, and again.

Move around the threatened area to get behind Sante. Insight vs Sante at 1d20+11=17. Invoking Sunblade's Daily Power to succeed automatically.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"No," Kate growls, "This is not an eye for an eye." She watches carefully, sword in hand, as Roxie struggles against the garrote. Taking a step to the left, she realizes Fortuna moves with her, wanting to keep Roxie as a human shield against her. "Do you know what the Furies were, Fortuna?" She grabs her sword from the ground, but keeps her eye on the struggling latinas without blinking. "The goddesses of vengeance. They heard the pleas of victims and doled out punishment in accordance to the crime." Her necklace begins to glow, but it's not nearly as bright as the sword was before. "This is your comeuppance. For all the years you cheated your way through the games. For all the years you coasted on the corruption. For every single team you arranged an "accident" for." Kate's eyes gleam, and she finally has a spot. "This is your loving end!" With a righteous cry, she charges forward, feints left, then takes her sword and spins around when Fortuna turns to face her and catches her in the side, leaving a deep gash. It's not enough to kill her, but enough for Roxie to finish the job.

"Everybody, on me! To the east!" she shouts as loudly as possible, hoping the other Furies can hear her over the din of the battle, as she runs back up to the temple and across the field. She remembered the location of that secret entrance. It would have to be their way in; getting the temple open meant somebody had to stand on the circle, and this way, everybody could get in in the last moments of the match, before they'd all be burnt to cinders.

Half action: Perception at 1d20+11=20 to set up Fortuna for Roxie to take her down.
Half action: History at 1d20+11=29 to find the secret entrance.
Moving to the front of the temple towards the location of the secret entrance.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 12, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

@CaelynnRose

"Don't know yet. Have to stop by the station at 7. I'll call you."

--

"It's real." Now that the fans are gone, Caelynn's attitude has gone from cheerful winner back to grim determination. "Nobody told you anything 'cause it just happened this morning." Putting her phone away, she sighs, and leans her head back. At least they'd won. It was a victory, if a small one. Truth be told, she wasn't quite sure what she felt. The Rose Knight takes off her armor slowly. Killing La Familia without mercy had felt right, but it didn't stop the problem. They were still out there, thanks to the body double technology. They'd still gotten away with an attempt on her life. And somehow, she felt like they wouldn't stop. Especially now that the Furies had struck back.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

"Man, they're so stylish," Caelynn remarks after watching the Executioner footage, "I mean, look at that! It's gorgeous!" She plays back a particularly spectacular takedown combo by Simoon and Bright. The fan in her can't help but, well, be a fan. "I'm feeling a bit plain in comparison," she pouts, though there's no real jealousy in her voice. She goes over the files with half an eye, but turns to Siroko after a moment. "You fought with Cinnabar on your roadtrip, right? Any insight?" If anybody might think Caelynn is suffering under what happened, she's not showing it. There's no big smile on her face, but she's not seething in anger or distracted in her sadness; the work is here, so she is here.

--

After the meeting, seeing Lin is a welcome sight. Kate is quiet for a long moment as she reads the card. When she looks up again, the tears are hidden no more. The Rose Knight bites away any sob that might rise up from her throat, though, and balls her free fist tightly before she crinkles the card accidentally. Eventually, she forces a brief laugh to mask another sound that fights its way through the barricade. "Do you know how long I used to stand in line for autographs? Before I joined with the Furies? If I knew all I needed was to play the sympathy card, I could've saved myself a lot of time." Another laugh as she shakes her head, and pulls Lin into a tight hug. "Thank you," she whispers, more serious this time, "...this means a lot to me."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Kate is drumming her hands on her legs in lieu of actually bouncing in excitement. Dreadful business of the last few days aside, she was, in fact, really happy to work with the Flawless Executioners; and to get to star in a well-produced promo, at that! "Um, I don't really know if I have any ideas for scenes, per se, but..." she gives a sheepish smile to the Executioners, "I'd love to do a dance number. I'm not...experienced, or anything, but I always loved your promos. They're so graceful! I don't know if we have the time for me to actually get the choreography down, but I'm willing to put in the work if you guys think I can pull it off."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Caelynn waves at the camera with a bright smile. "I would say my cooking is the cooking we all grew up with. The kind you come home to after a long day at school, or what you are treated to when you stay at your grandparents over the weekend. It might not look pretty, but it's fuel for body and soul. Even a King's refined palate will appreciate it, no doubt." Walking over to the fridge while Roxie does her intro, she pulls out a big tupperware container featuring a dark brown liquid of some sort.

"These recipes are my grandmother's. My pop pop used to hunt, when the season was right, and when he'd bring home some animals, meemaw would use every last bit to make us some delicious meals. Some would go towards preserved sausages or the like, but most of it would go in stews, soups and roasts." Caelynn leans in to the camera conspiratorially, tapping the lid of the container. "What I've got here is stock I made yesterday according to her recipe. I can't tell you what's in it other than duck bones. The Flawless Executioners might be scary, but not as scary as meemaw if I reveal her secrets." She pauses appropriately for a moment to let the joke sink in, then goes back to her counter. "So I'll be making a duck stew, and then using Roxie's directions to flavor it with mole-style spices."

Another tupperware container is produced, and she opens it up to let the Bone King take a look. "But we'll be starting off with a little appetizer. This is home-made duck liver pate - again, a family recipe - which we'll be serving on crackers with some cranberry jelly. Between this and Roxie's recipes, we're aiming to combine my family's tradition and her cultural heritage to produce a richer experience than either of us could do on our own."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

The moment the bell starts, Caelynn gets to work on the things for her stew. It doesn't take a lot of work, but it does take a lot of time; so that's where most of her attention goes while Roxie begins working on the prep for the tacos. It becomes quickly obvious that while she is a decent cook, her knife skills are nowhere near Roxie's level; so she pleads for help with the cutting and chopping of veggies, while she begins preparing the meat and spices. Once that is done, she throws in the base for her stew - first some bacon, then some root veggies and onions - throwing in a little showmanship by flipping a bottle of brandy across her shoulder before throwing a good glug in the pan, scraping up the fond, and lighting the pan on fire with a smile to the camera. While she tries to play it cool, it belies the intense practice she had to put in yesterday to make sure she could actually pull it off without breaking anything or setting it on fire.

Once the stew is finally going with almost all of the stock she'd prepared beforehand - and all of the spices needed for the mole-like sauce - she moves to helping Roxie with the rest of the tacos, taking on herself the work of making the dough for the tortillas and mixing together the slaw; at this point, she's definitely sweating. She knew that this was going to be a tough act to keep up, but she's never had to work this hard in a kitchen before, being more the casual kind of cook. Still, she tries to keep her focus, so she only loses a little time when the dough just doesn't seem to want to come together.

When the time starts to tick, she realizes they're tight on space. Thus deciding to focus first on what they'll serve the Bone King, and forget about the rest for a moment, she presses out two small tortillas, leaving them on a plate for Roxie to top, while prepping a single cracker with the pate and cranberry jelly. Then, she goes back to her stew, taking a big ladle-ful of duck meat, offal, and veggies in a large bowl, topping it off with a bit of crumbled chocolate and pumpkin seeds and some of the crispy skin from the duck just as their judge calls the time.

She can't help herself squeezing her hand into a fist as she nervously taps her foot while the Bone King does his judging; but as he praises the stew, she practically glows with joy. That joy explodes when Roxie and her are declared the winners, and she jumps in the air with a "Yes!" before recalling that they're on camera and keeping her composure. Caelynn goes along with the theatrics and kneels besides her teammate, before the segment is wrapped up and she walks back to the kitchen. "Alright everybody, come get it! Simoon, can I have some of those prawns? They look amazing."

Wahad fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 2, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

April 28

When everybody's tucking in and Lin compliments her food - and Roxie proceeds to hype her up - Kate protests at first. But she does so with a mouth full of the (amazing) rougaille shrimp, and almost embarrasses herself by spraying it over Simoon and Qieduan standing nearby. Reminding herself of her manners and wolfing down her mouthful, she smiles sheepishly. "I, uh, I don't reallly do this kind of stuff a lot. When I cook for myself it's just simple stuff. I don't think I could've come up the mole thing if it weren't for Roxie providing her insight and experience." She brushes some hair out of her face, and smiles. "But, well, we had to win, so I had to pull out all the stops; and my family can cook, even if I don't have a lot of know-how. That's why I used my grandma's recipes as a base. I'm glad you - and everybody - likes it."

After the Dance

When the final move is made, Caelynn is left breathing heavily, sword in hand with her muscles burning. "Whew! That was amazing, but I'm definitely going to feel that in the morning. God, how do you even bend like that?" She gestures futilely, referring to one of Foxglove's other moves earlier in the scene. The training in particular for a novice like her had been intense, but she'd loved every minute of it. "I'm glad I could get to do a dance number, though. It was fun!"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Philadelphia - May 1, 2259

"...you're welcome, I guess?" Kate would shrug if she weren't lifting a heavy weight at the moment, "I was just asking for their support with the whole business. But I guess they took it more seriously than I thought. That's good to hear, though. I'm glad they're on our side." She finishes her set, lowering the bar onto the holder with a heavy grunt, breathing deeply for a moment before sitting up. She looks at Phia, hesitating for a moment, before saying: "Did the cops talk to you yet?"

--

The Day Is My Enemy

Caelynn watches with a slight hint of envy at the Executioners' choreographed entrance. While the Furies' own walk-in certainly draws eyes, it's not nearly as elegant as the other team. Still, there was no time to feel inferior now; it would cost her dearly in the fight. Moving up towards the right-center of the room, Caelynn ignites her blade with a wide flourish, a beam of light seemingly bouncing off the chains across the room to pierce Cinnabar in the chest, leaving the familiar mark of the phantom thorn.

Move: O13
Move: L14
Free: Sunblade does radiant damage now.
Minor: Warlock's Curse on Cinnabar.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP:  )       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

[ ] Witchfire

Item Powers
[X] Sunblade Greatsword (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

They wanted her to come forward? Fine. Moving forward. Caelynn shakes off the worry over the disappeared Stardust, and swings across the chains...with less elegance than she had hoped, but she makes it across all the same. "Come on, you cowards!" she taunts. Though her gaze starts focused on Foxglove, it soon lingers back over to Cinnabar. No. Focus. Looking back at Foxglove. "You wanna dance? Let's dance!" Fire erupts across the sorcerer's form...but he bats it aside with little issue. Nausea rises in the back of her throat for a moment, but she grunts, and pushes it away.

Move: Acrobatics at 1d20=2 to cross the chains, end at F14
Minor: Divine Challenge to mark Foxglove. If he attacks allies without including me as a target, he takes 5 radiant damage.
Standard: Witchfire vs Foxglove at 1d20+10=13. Miss.
End of Turn: Save vs Drop of Atrophy at 1d20=6. Fail.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 41/43 (THP:  )       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

[X] Witchfire

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Caelynn reels from the succession of agonies rained down on her. For a moment, it seems like she might simply collapse, only prevented from doing so by leaning on her sword. "Hey, Foxglove," she grunts, so soft it's barely a whisper, "Is that all you got?" In what seems like slow-motion, her form folds into nothingness, then reappears sluggishly by Roxie's side. A softly glowing palm makes her cry out in yet more suffering, as her teammate's is relieved. "How about a taste of your own medicine!" Her eyes glow as a radiant halo appears over the sorcerer's head, shrinking into a burning ring that clutches tightly around his temples. It only knocks him off guard momentarily, but it seems that the strength to fight back against her opponents has given the Rose Knight an inner strength as well, and she stands up straight, her eyes clear, her mouth set in grim determination. "Come on!" Her words are no longer slurred, but emboldened by courage and power. "Bring it!"

Start of Turn: Take 5 psychic.
Move: Fey Step to G12.
Minor: Touch of Grace; I take an effect from Roxie.
Standard; Radiant Delirium vs Foxglove at 1d20+10=16. Miss, dealing half damage at 3d8+6 / 2 / 2 = 4 radiant damage and Foxglove is dazed UEOMNT. Starfire Womb save vs Extinction Cloak at 1d20=18. Divine Challenge is sustained.

End of Turn: Save vs:
- Syzygy (mine) at 1d20=12. Success.
- Extinction Cloak (Roxie) at 1d20=14. Success.
- Atrophy at 1d20=20. Success.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 18/43 (THP: 13)      AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

Divine Challenge        [ ] Hold Fast                        [X] Radiant Delirium             
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
Reinforcing Armor: Bonus to defenses after getting hit with melee.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 25, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

She almost throws up when the poison takes hold of her. But Vivi eviscerates Foxglove before she has a chance to do something about it, and she turns around, bleary-eyed, to look at Stardust through the wall of chains. She nods back at Roxie - "Let's get her" - and once again, her form winks out of existence. She comes out swinging on the other side of the Executioner, but Chere is too nimble, and dodges the first blow; with a furious war cry, Caelynn follows through with a back-handed, rising slash of her blade that catches Stardust's leg. Silver-white chains of light wrap around her ankles. Breathing heavily with exhaustion, Foxglove's lingering poison still having an effect on her, she falls to her knees with a grin. "Dance your way outta that," she dares the pale woman.

Start of Turn: Take 5 poison
Move: Sanctuary's Poise, teleporting to M9
Minor: Divine Challenge on Chere Stardust
Standard; Eldritch Strike vs Chere Stardust at 1d20+14=16. Miss.

Action Point!

Standard: Hold Fast vs Chere Stardust at 1d20+14=23. Hit for 2d10+6=21 radiant damage and Chere Stardust is immobilized UEOMNT. Starfire Womb save vs Pall of Intoxication at 1d20=2. Fail.

End of Turn: Save vs Pall of Intoxication at 1d20=14. Success, fall prone.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 25/43 (THP: 3)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

Divine Challenge        [X] Hold Fast                        [X] Radiant Delirium             
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
[X] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Caelynn gets to her feet after Erzbet disposes of Chere, breathing heavily. "Alright," she grunts, looking over to the pit where a burst of hot wind occasionally lurches up, followed by a gust of cold. "Guess Siroko is having a good time, huh?" She jogs over quickly to the pit, swinging nimbly - to her surprise - across the chains, and peers down. "You alright down there?" she asks, just as Siroko slams Simoon into the wall of the pit, her hair blowing in the escaping wind of the confined storms. "Oof! Look, I love a good knuckledragger as much as any fan, but can you maybe do it up here, Simoon? You know, for the cameras?"

Move: Stand up.
Move: Acrobatics at 1d20+0=20. Move to H7.
Minor: Divine Challenge on Simoon.

pre:
Caelynn   						 
HP: 25/43 (THP: 3)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 21

Divine Challenge        [X] Hold Fast                        [X] Radiant Delirium             
                        [X] Witchfire

Item Powers
[X] Sanctuary's Poise (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists: