Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

If the shabby state of the arena bothered Siroko Tuuli, she certainly didn't show it. She strode into the room the place like it was stage made just for her, so that her adoring fans might bask in her presence. Exactly how much effort it took to ignore the grungy decor and unwashed floors wasn't clear, but it probably at least matched that she put into perfecting her look or her physique.

So when American Made makes their appearance, there's no switch to flip. Siroko Tuuli is always, for better or worse, all the way turned up.

"What I know," Siroko declares, squaring up to Neon Musa. "Is that American Made will not win another match against us. That will do more than simply beat you. Do not think you are more than footnote in the story of the Furies' ascent. A momentary stumble will make the inevitable triumph all the sweeter, our legend all the greater."

Siroko leans in until her face is nearly touching the other fighter's, more than uncomfortably close. "Look into my eyes, Neon Musa, and tell me again what you see."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko cocks her head as she listens to American Made's proclamations, considering. "You sound," she says slowly and clearly, "like you are trying to sell me a pick-up truck."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko poses with her head down until Caelynn lights up the room, at which point she raises her head and arms as the pyrotechnics kick in. As the strategy talk takes place, she punches one fist into the palm of her other hand. "I'll go left and hold the flank. Keep Maxima off me and I'll keep them bottled up, then you can take them apart by pieces." With that, she jogs forward, activating her gauntlets to engage the shielding and power enhancements.

"Are you coming, American Made, is it too hot for you?"

Moving up to L7. Should be able to just reach it.

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 16/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 11/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [1]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[ ] Inspiring Fortitude   [ ] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2018 around 02:13

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

For a moment, American Made's blows rain down and Siroko reels, and it looks like its the Furies who have overextended.

For a moment.

Then Siroko turns back towards them, standing back up straight, no where near as fazed as she should be. She roars defiance in Musa and Trinh's faces, giving heart to her allies. She looks over at the hard light holding her, then wrenches her arm free, and leaps. In flash of lighting and clap of thunder, Siroko is suddenly behind Musa, her gauntleted fist crashing down on his face, delivering a stunning blow as he turns to try and track her.

"The only thing that's been shattered is your hope of victory!" With the two opponents near her stumbling, Siroko adopts a ready stance, waiting for a chance to strike.

Using Inspiring Fortitude. Siroko uses her Second Wind, spending two healing surges due to Cloak of the Walking Wounded, and the rest of the party all get 13 THP.

Action Point to use Thunder Step. Teleport to K5.
Thunder Step vs Reflex (vs Neon Musa): 1d20+11 26 2d10+10 19
Musa is dazed (save ends).

Mark adjacent enemies (Musa and Trinh) UEoMNT as a free action.


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 46/61 (THP: 4)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 11/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [x] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [x] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2018 around 03:15

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

With Trinh down, Siroko is able to get back around Musa's annoying wall and engage him again. Unfortunately having to work her way past that means she can't get closer to the rest of American Made, but she can at least keep the pressure on him.

Siroko throws a punch at Musa that launches a blast of concussive force at him, a little bit of directed thunder, but he's able to duck aside before it lands.

Move to K7. I should have the movement to loop around Musa's wall and then get back over to him without triggering an OA (up 2, right 2, diag down/rt 1, diag down/lft 1).

Attack Thundering Strike vs AC: 1d20+11 14 1d10+10 14.
Looks like a miss.

Free Action to mark Musa again.


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 46/61 (THP: 4)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 11/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [x] Incredible Toughness
[x] Thundering Strike     [x] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko tags off with Caelynn, but takes a moment to pull one of the glowing rune marked discs off her belt. She snaps it in half, discharging electricity that runs up her arms and across her shoulders, closing wounds as it passes. She drops the broken disk points at Lane as she walks slowly towards the other fighter, then spreads her arms as she comes close, invitation and derision in one gesture.

Start of turn, save vs ongoing 5 fire via Font of Life.
Saving Throw vs Ongoing Damage: 1d20 7
Use Incredible Toughness to erase it instead.

Minor to draw potion. Minor (from Standard) to use.

Move to N7 (via K8, L8, M8).

Free Action to mark Lane.

Save vs curse.
Saving Throw vs Curse: 1d20 13


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 29/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 10/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [x] Incredible Toughness
[x] Thundering Strike     [x] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[x] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Apr 26, 2018 around 05:19

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko comes up and throws an arm each around Caelynn and Roxie, helping to propel the group, including the reluctant Reanimator, towards the door to the public area. "Erzbet's right, we have a lot to do before our next match. Even in greatness there is always room for improvement. But now, now is time to bask in the triumph of our victory and receive our deserved laurels from the crowd."

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 59/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[x] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


[quote="Comrade Gorbash" post="483678229"]

PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko frowns at Erzbet. She's clearly not quite grasping how someone could not enjoy this part, but even so. "This is part of participating properly too, part of the winning strategy. We will be champions, so now is the time to learn how to live that. You were right that this isn't your brother's team - but it is your team."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko looks between the two overly tall brothers, then takes the tablet, flicks it over to video, and steps between them. She pulls them down to her height, angling the camera to catch all three of their faces, and then hits record. "Sebastian and Santiago say to Siroko, that the Furies' victory is helping them win their League. They say to Siroko, that not everyone has Siroko on the top of their lists like they did, they say that in this pretend game not everyone believes in Siroko. Well, hear what Siroko says," she says, pointing right at the camera. "Siroko does not fight for the sake of points. Siroko fights for the sake of greatness. In one year’s time, Siroko and her real team, the Furies, will be the undisputed world champions, the true queens of Killer's Crown. You want to bet on something, bet on that. Bet on the coming storm." With that, she drops the tablet. Its tumble is caught on a cushion of air her elemental powers create, so it settles on the ground safely, but the effect is just what was called for.

Siroko lets the two straighten up as she steps forward, picking up the tablet and flipping it back to Sebastian. "Believe in Siroko, believe in the Furies, and first place won't be an if or a might, it will be destiny!" With that she steps back and turns around, arms held up. "Fly Furies, fly!" she shouts, getting a cheer from the fans near her as she grabs a pen and starts signing proffered items.

----------------------

@ViVi
The meet and greet swirls around, and suddenly deposits two people in front of you. An older woman in jeans and an old Crown t-shirt of a local favorite team, and what must be her daughter, about 13, who's very clearly in the middle of what her parents probably think of as a phase. Her outfit looks like something Erzbet would wear, if you removed any sense of restraint or proportion, and she's got a bag with the Furies' logo emblazoned on it. The girl has a tablet and pen out, but actually being in front of ViVi seems to made her freeze up like a deer in the headlights.

Her mother tries not to roll her eyes too obviously, and gives her daughter a slight push. "There she is, go ahead and get an autograph. You've been talking about it all week." Mom flashes ViVi a tight smile, obviously wanting to get this over with but trying not to be rude or too pushy with her daughter.

The girl kind of stumbles, mostly tripping over her own feet, and comes forward hesitantly.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko ends up riding shotgun, naturally, and is all to happy to pose for any Instagram shots Roxie wants to take. Her out of arena attire is louder than her in-arena outfit, somehow - a blue leotard top, black shorts, black thigh highs, boots, aviators, and a huge white synthetic fur coat.

"Cal," Siroko declares. "It was a good fight, and now it's time to celebrate. A bourbon for me..." She turns and raises her voice as she continues, "...and a round for everyone here, our loyal fans, who never doubted our triumph!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

"I'll play," Siroko declares, dropping into the open chair. She leans back, looking irritatingly comfortable. "You should have bet on us, but I admire the spirit of seeking revenge face to face."

She tosses back the drink and signals Cal for another. "The ice giantess and the mad wolf against the storm goddess and the lovely lifedrinker," she declares. "At cards tonight; at arms someday.The uncrowned queen knows challengers for the throne when she sees them."

Siroko doesn't know much about bridge, but she's too competitive not to try.

Streetwise: 1d20+6 20

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko keeps her mind on her cards, initially at least. But as Vivian starts telling stories, Siroko gets a bit distracted, hearing about the exploits of fighters past. As a result her play veers from merely aggressive to reckless.

Streetwise: 1d20+6 8

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko accepts the deck, shuffling and dealing with the easy competence she's shown with it all night, answering Jotun's smirk with one of her own. "You saw our match today, and somehow again you pin your hopes on the Furies failing at the final moment, as if we have not triumphed against terrible tribulations time and again."

Her smirk breaks into a feral grin. "Good! To win against worthy and valiant rivals makes victory that much sweeter." After she deals the last card, Siroko leans back and calls over to Cal. "A round for everyone at the table. We'll need to celebrate and commiserate soon."

Having made the order and the boast, Siroko moves on to making her prediction true. She's focused again, and while still playing assertively, her risk-taking is more considered.

Streetwise: 1d20+6 22

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko shows up wearing a double breasted, high collar military style jacket, green with brown leather and brass buttons and yellow facing, open over a Storm God's Chosen shirt, with khaki kepris tucked into lace up military style cavalry boots, and a pair of sunglasses with bright blue lenses. She managed to get here first, and had picked out a table right out front where everyone can see, sitting leaned back in a chair like she was the queen of the place. She accepts the coffee from Vivi with nod. "Next time you should come with us Erzbet. You shouldn't miss out on our celebrations. There'll be plenty of chances to make up this missed opportunity at least."

When Phia turns to business, Siroko nods in approval. "If Trinh wants the storm, then she'll get the storm. We shall see if she regrets it afterwards."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko ends up being last for the solo promos, possibly by design. When Baz indicates its her turn, she nods, then looks over. "You hungry? I'm hungry. I'm going to get food," she declares, then starts down the Promenade without waiting for an answer.

Baz doesn’t seem to know how to react at first, but Phia is quickly on the case. She darts over to him and whispers something in his ear. It must be encouraging because he starts walking after you, still filming. Phia follows as well, at somewhat more of a distance and staying well out of the shot.
“Alright, I’m game. Where are we going?” Baz replies once he’s caught up.

"We're going to the right place," Siroko replies. She keeps walking, looking around at food stalls and shops as they pass.

"Alright." As you proceed, Baz keeps the camera on you some of the time, but also makes sure to get footage of the street and the stalls you're passing as you walk. When a bit of time passes without you saying anything, he tries to prompt you. "So, Siroko." Baz does his best to sound conversational, but he's clearly much more used to filming than interviewing. "What were you doing before you landed in Philadelphia? All anyone seems to know is you showed up one day, already signed with the Furies."

"This is it," Siroko says by way of non-answer, and walks over to a ice cream vendor. "Give me two of the flavor of the day."

Baz makes sure to get you framed by the shop's sign ("The Latest Scoop") - easily left in or cropped out in the final cut depending on what kind of deal Phia manages to work out with the ice cream parlour. The vendor hands you a pair of double-scooped Blackberry Lime Twist cones, giving a good-natured little wave into the camera.

Siroko pays and hands one to Baz. "Here. This is the right place. They had exactly what I wanted. That's how destiny works - it takes you where you need to be. Then it's up to you to fulfill the promise."

“Hey, thanks.” Baz takes the ice cream and wastes no time getting down to business. “So what’s your promise, Siroko? Every killer wants to win, but what’s Siroko Tuuli got to say to the world?”

Siroko steps closer to the camera and points right into the lens. "What Siroko Tuuli has to say is that the storm is coming, and when it does, the Furies will wear the crowns they're destined to wear. All the old records and all the old legends will be washed away and forever after, whenever they speak of greatness, there will be only one name to give it. That is the promise, the future that is coming."
She takes a step back. "And in the meantime, Siroko Tuuli says this is some damned good ice cream."

“Yeah, wow.” Baz clearly gets an idea, because a wide grin breaks out on his face. As he’s behind the camera, the video won’t capture it, but the emotion does come through in his voice. “So that’s what destiny tastes like. Siroko Tuuli, ladies and gentlemen. I don’t know what to say.”

Streetwise: 1d20+6 8

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2018 around 23:01

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko joins the fray, pushing up on American Made's back line. Her attempt to spear Trinh doesn't come off, but she does get up in her and Lane's faces.

"Everyone has a plan until they run into the Furies."

Moving up to H6 and then charging Trinh, to end up in. Marking Trinh and Lane after the charge.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC, vs Trinh: 1d20+11 12 1d10+10 14


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 61/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[x] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2018 around 14:51

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko staggers slightly from Trinh's blow, but she stays on her feet as Caelynn comes in and sets things up. Now it's time to knock them down. While Caelynn goes after Lane, Siroko turns on Trinh. Her attack has the strength of the whirlwind behind it, whipping at everything within her reach with terrible strength. Her blow is accompanied by the boom of thunder and the brilliant flash of lightning, arcing through Trinh and Lane both, then the two are carried by the force of it to crash through the gravestones around them, sending dust and chips flying. For a moment all three are obscured, then the last gusts of wind blow the dust away, revealing the Fury standing proud and the her two foes reeling.

"Diamond does shatter."

Gale Strike vs AC, vs Trinh: 1d20+11 24 2d10+10 13
Damage Reroll (Brutal 2): 2d10r2+10 24
Lightning Craghammer Daily: 1d6 5
Slide Trinh to D7 and Lane to F6, causing each to take additional damage.
Trinh takes a total of 34 (24+5+5) and Lane takes 13 (3+5+5).
Marking both again.


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 30/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 8/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[x] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[x] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[x] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2018 around 03:04

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

The highlights of the match are rolling on the screens as the Furies make their way backstage. They're showing the last few moments, with Roxie's brilliant take down of Lane and then Trinh's last stand. Phia comes up just at the moment Trinh catches Siroko with a huge blow, right on the chin, putting the Storm Goddess on her heels - but even as she's reeling, Siroko throws a haymaker of her own. It crashes into the side of Trinh's head and the Shining Diamond breaks, dropping like her strings were cut.

The post-fight comedown is always harsh - the transition away from the bodies used in the fight adds its own stress without totally wiping away the injury received in them. But Siroko is never not ready to cut a promo. The moment Phia shows up with a camera, she's all the way on.

"No matter how furious the fight, it ends with the devastating defeat to our foes. Glory in victory, but know this is only the beginning of our domination, expect the execution of any who stand in our way. Our triumph will live forever. Never doubt, whoever challenges us will fall to our might. Fight and die, Furies fly!"

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 61/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 5/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [0]

At Will               
Tempest Assault           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[x] Gale Strike           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Thundering Strike     [ ] Second Wind       

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Mountain's Thunder

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[x] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[x] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Night of the Match
Siroko watches the breakup of American Made without saying anything, but she tracks the departure of Maxima until Phia draws her attention back with party plans. It's a foregone conclusion that Siroko is going to the club, and this time she's not letting anyone else bow out. She also chides Phia into summoning an UberLyft to take them so no one has to play designated driver. Now is a time to celebrate their victory.

-------------

Vivi and Roxie at the Gym
Siroko is, against all odds and theory of biology, actually at the gym early the day after the match. Her workout outfit is actually practical - grey leggings, blue sports bra, athletic shoes. It would be disappointing if it wasn't for the faux-wolf-fur coat and neon blue shutter shades she'd accessorized it with, though those were in her locker at the moment.

When Vivi comes in, Siroko is kneeling on top of a medicine ball, waggling a weird staff/blade thing that looks to be made out of carbon fiber back in forth in one hand as she tries to stay balanced on to of the ball. She moves the staff between a couple different arm positions before switching it to the other hand. It looks, frankly, ridiculous.

She doesn't bother stopping when Vivi starts bothering Roxie for advice, just shouts so they can hear her. "100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 10km run, every day. It's a good warmup."

-------------

Philadelphia - April 22, 2259
Siroko goes over to join the two. "Cinnabar and Diamond. I almost didn't notice the ride." She says it with just enough a smirk that it's not terminally corny. Siroko's got on a sleeveless high-collared blue top with form fitting chino shorts with a rolled cuff, and accessorized it with an armband and bracelets of heavy twisted silver, plus a white keffiyah worn around the neck and big Ray Ban sunglasses, though the last are hanging from her collar at the moment. She's put her hair in two thick braids for the day.

Siroko's smirk turns into a grin as she accepts the keys. "I'm disappointed you thought it was even a question."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2018 around 15:12

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko glances at the Lambo, then at Cinnabar, then tips her sunglasses down to look at her. "Big spoon or little spoon?"

When they arrive, Siroko walks directly to the frosted lavender car. "I've never been to Atlantic City. Today sounds like a good day to get a victory in a new city."

---------------

Siroko is, unsurprisingly, an aggressive driver and pushes the pace. She doesn't handle the car with the same grace as Cinnabar, clearly leaning much harder on the raw power provided by the high performance engine. The drive to Atlantic City wasn't going to take long.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

While on the road to Atlantic City, Siroko places some calls to a few of her friends, letting them know about the possible opening with American Made. The spot seems a good fit for Mercury 8, Billy Fresno, Emma Eighty, or Ironsides, depending on which way Axel wants to take his team. Well, maybe good fit is a stretch for any situation involving Billy Fresno, but he’s a strong fighter and probably needs a change of scenery.

No matter what, Siroko definitely wants to see them improve without Maxima. As someone looking to climb the ranks herself, to fulfill her destiny, Siroko is particularly prickly about killers who prove themselves to be bad teammates. Helping to show her up would be... poetic.

-----------------

The night out includes a stop at a couple clothing shops, as Siroko didn't bother to go and pick up any luggage. Trinh and Cinnabar egg Siroko on when she tries things on, before she settles on a couple outfits for the next few days.

When they reach the hotel, Siroko looks Trinh up and down, judging just how smashed she actually is, and nods. "Siroko will take care of it." Then she turns to Cinnabar, knowing Trinh is probably too drunk to follow. "One for her, one for us?" Once she has Cinnabar's affirmative, she steps up to the concierge and makes it happen. The two get Trinh up to her room and tucked into it first, leaving her to sleep it off.

------------------

The next day Siroko is up early enough for a beach run that Cinnabar comes looking for her. Satisfied that Siroko was just an oddball and not trying to skip out, Cinnabar takes her to breakfast before they go wake up Trinh. They take enough pity to bring her a coffee.

Siroko's newly bought outfit consists of a black sundress, combat boots, blue and white varsity jacket with the Animals logo on the back partly zipped up, red scarf, black fingerless gloves, and wayfarer sunglasses. "First one to New York gets their lunch covered. I'll let you two figure out how to split it."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2018 around 04:32

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Endurance (racing to New York): 1d20+9 11

Siroko starts out setting the pace - until she misjudges the traffic at one point while trying to make an aggressive move to open up the gap and gets herself stuck behind a couple slow moving tourists. By the time she works her way out of traffic, she's too far behind to recover. She rolls into New York last. Even then, they're in well before noon.

"Siroko is covering everyone's brunch," she declares upon arrival, dropping into the chair at the table Trinh and Cinnabar selected, then smirks. "But she won't be paying for dinner in Montreal."

-------------------

When Cinnabar has her own fangirl moment, Siroko dutifully snaps several pictures before handing it back to her. The question about hobbies seems to surprise her a bit. "I do rock-climbing, but not since I came here," she tells Trinh. "I can give you some pointers some time. For myself - cooking, a bit of gardening. Bonsai. Music." She shrugs. "But really I like fighting."

"How about you, Cinnabar? What do you like besides dance and the Crown?"

-------------------

While they're in New York, Siroko waits for a moment when she can talk to Cinnabar alone. "How do you see this going?"

"I'm not looking for anything serious, but...I like you." She breaks your gaze for a moment, something clearly on her mind. When she looks back at you, the corner of her mouth curls upward into a suggestive smile. "You really know what you're doing."

"Of course I do," Siroko declares straight faced.

"What about you, Siroko? What's on your mind?"

"I like knowing where I stand," Siroko replies. "And I like people I'm with to know where I stand. I'm not looking for anything serious either, but - you know what you're doing."

"Mmm. I'm glad to hear it. And I can respect someone who likes to know where they stand. So, while we're getting things out in the open...I'd like to keep doing this with you."

"I feel the same," Siroko replies. "Do you want it to be exclusive?"

Cinnabar raises a hand to her mouth, suppressing a slight giggle. "I've never done 'exclusive'. You know, I've been thinking Trinh is pretty cute, too. I think she might be up for some fun."

"I knew you had a great mind." Siroko declares. "I think Trinh is moping at missing her chance. Let's wait to surprise her when we get the hotel in Montreal."

-------------------

Before they leave New York, the group agrees to a pit stop further north - that way Siroko will have a chance to make up for her poor performance in the morning, but they can still have some time to just enjoy the drive.



Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Endurance (racing to New York): 1d20+9 11

"Drums," Siroko replies to Cinnabar's question. "But I haven't had a chance to set up my set since getting to Philadelphia. And my bonsai is amazing."

-------------------------

The arrival in Montreal precipitated an argument about what to see first while they have bagels. When her phone buzzed, Siroko glanced down, intending to silence it, then saw who had texted her. Stepping away for a moment, she quickly scans Phia's messages and sends her reply.

Siroko is always up for a fight

She steps back to join the others, holding up her phone like a talisman. "Phia got us a street fight for tomorrow. Some locals she vouches for. You in?"

Trinh and Cinnabar stop fighting over which church to play tourist at first. "Hell yes. Be nice to benefit from you smashing people with your hammer for once."

Cinnabar smirks. "And I'll get a preview before our match. Not to mention a chance to show off. We have to coordinate our outfits, of course. Good thing we're already on St. Catherine's Street, we need to shop."

-------------------------

"The two of you certainly know the right spots to eat," Siroko declares, clearly thoroughly enjoying the meal. After clothes shopping they'd done the usual tourist spots, including Mount Royal Park before Trinh sprung the culinary surprise on them. "What's next?"

"Amusement 2000 Plus," Trinh replies. "Didn't want to go too long without you having a chance to beat someone at something, you might explode," she teases Siroko.

"Siroko is always winning, so don't worry about that," Siroko replies, eliciting a snort of laughter from Cinnabar at how fully Siroko commits to the bit. "And I've seen your Crickt account, you have a serious DDR addiction."

"Is that so? Siroko isn't the only one here with a competitive streak, I'm throwing down the gauntlet. No way you beat me at a dancing game," Cinnabar declares. "And after I beat you we're going to Luminotherapie. It'll be a laugh. And it makes for some great social media shots," she adds.

"As if you can best the Shining Diamond at Dance Dance Revolution," Trinh fires back. "My moves are beyond perfect."

"We'll see about that," Cinnabar smirks. "Of course, we can't leave without getting some poutine. We'd get arrested. Plenty of late night places to get it."

"Poutine is a definite, but I'd rather get that to celebrate our win tomorrow. Let's do Caffe San Simeon tonight instead," Trinh counters.

Siroko nods in agreement. "I don't want something that greasy the night before a match. And I'd rather enjoy the suite, not fall asleep as soon as we get back. The hotel's sight says the tub has enough room for three - I want to see if that's true."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2018 around 02:14

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


Siroko looks their opponents, thinking it over. "I say we try to bait them out, get them separated and focus one down. I bet if I rush up to engage Hairy and you two sell that I'm being an idiot and rush up to pull my rear end out of the fire, Botherer there will collapse on me and Juniper Bush will push out to ambush you as you pile in."

"Then you two jump Juniper instead. He should go down fast. Botherer can probably get loose to try and support Juniper, but without that cloak I don't think he can get there in time, and I can definitely keep Hairy held down. Then you double team Botherer. If he doesn't break out and they try to focus me down, you can probably catch him in the back. If he falls back instead, then we roll Hairy and then figure out how to corner Botherer. Worse case you end up two-on-one against Hairy at the end."

"Only works if you think we can sell that we're loving up because I'm trying to win the whole match on my own, though."

Considering Siroko has displayed at least a working knowledge of French during the trip, she's definitely using goofy nicknames for their opponents on purpose.

"Sell that? Darling, I was born for the stage. You can count on me." Cinnabar replies, affecting a drawl on the word darling. With a smirk, she adds, "They won't know what hit them."

Trinh nods. "Yeah, we got this. Don't worry, Siroko." She looks over at you, a cocky grin on her face. "We won't let anything happen to you."

----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4UkkXoXdvs

The three of you come out to a track you've never heard before, but you'd put money down was chosen by Phia. You start the fight at the end of a long hallway, right by what you assume would be a stairwell in the real Marché Bonsecours. Cinnabar wastes absolutely no time ducking into an antique furniture shop to your left, grabbing a candlestick with a sharp-looking base and spinning it around like a baton to test the heft. Trinh breaks right, into a Nunavik-based sculptor's shop. In want of a more obvious weapon, she picks up a serpentine carving of a bear on its hind legs that fits pretty well into her hand. "Feel like I should know more about what this is. Got a pretty good idea of what to do with it, though." Returning to the hall, she holds out her hand with the carving in it for a sort of fistbump. "You ready?" Cinnabar holds out her candlestick against Trinh's hand in return. When you complete the trio, Cinnabar flips her hair and laughs. "The Greeks had a word for us: Conquerors."

You set forth throughout the arena, sticking close together at first to lay the groundwork for your ruse. You end up spotting your opponents, also sticking together, in a 21st-century postmodern art reproduction shop.

To see how well you convince your opponents that you're a threat worth all three of their attention, roll Intimidate. This check will count toward the Make The World Know Your Name extended skill challenge.

Siroko looks around, then pulls out a metal baluster to use as a club, and pulls a door off a maintenance panel as a makeshift shield. "Siroko is always ready," she replies to Trinh, laying her baluster across the other two's weapons.

The three of you move in and start to spread out, setting up a double flank as "planned" - then you rush ahead, bearing right down on your three opponents all on your own. "Siroko, what the gently caress - no!" Cinnabar calls out, her alarm and concern sounding genuine and thoroughly out of character. Her free hand reaches, seemingly instinctively, futilely in your direction.

Your charge can't help but turn your opponents' focus on you. Yannic Auger steps forward to meet you, shouting to his teammates "En arrière!" He ducks and twists under your swinging baluster, throwing himself shoulder-first into your midsection. He's unable to counterattack with the kebab skewers he wields, but he does mange to stop you in your tracks. Anton Tourment piles on, slipping around to your left side and delivering an open-handed strike to your kidney. Debilitating pain shoots through you, intense enough that keeping yourself conscious makes you want to vomit - but you're Siroko Tuuli. Pain of this magnitude would overcome a normal person, but you're not normal. You muster through in time to see your plan being put into action.

Genévrier alone seems not entirely convinced by the threat you pose. He hangs a little further back, waiting in the wings to counter either of your allies who try and back you up. As Trinh predicted, it seems like he'd rather not get caught up with engaging you head-on. It seems he's a bit too far away for your teammates to rush down - but he's also far enough away to be isolated from his own team, and a good plan is flexible. Trinh barely hesitates before flinging her sculpture at Genévrier's head. You see his reaction in slow-motion, his eyes narrowing at first, then a grimace spreading across his face as he realizes he's not going to be able to avoid the impact. The sculpture strikes him and he staggers back, roaring "Câlisse!" as he instinctively raises a forearm to press against his forehead. Cinnabar seizes the opportunity, bounding toward Genévrier with a speed you don't expect. Nonetheless, the distance gives him time to react. As she closes the distance, swinging her candlestick at his temple, he counters by bringing a bottle of Frontenac Gris down on her. Both blows land true. Genévrier falls. Cinnabar does not, but she staggers, trying to regain her focus as blood pours down her face.

Yannic Auger and Anton Tourment continue to focus on you. They're in closer than you'd prefer, inside the reach of your chosen weapon and landing blows despite your herculean efforts to fend them off. Seeing your plight, Trinh pivots and runs in to help you, sending a replica of Marcel Duchamp's Fountain flying in Yannic Auger's direction. He's forced to leap back from you to avoid it, giving you the breathing room you need to really start causing some damage.

Siroko takes advantage of the momentary distraction to turn fully on Tourment. It'll take a moment for Yannic to recover and she's exposing herself a bit when he does. But Tourment will go down faster if they focus him, and then it's three on one. She tries to slam her makeshift shield into Tourment to send him crashing into a nearby display stand, and then while he's tangled up with it lays into him with the balustrade.

The speed and might of your attack catches Anton Tourment flat-footed - your blows land squarely and with formidable force. Yannic Auger now finds himself trying to fend off two opponents. He acquits himself well, lunging back toward you out of the way of Trinh's followup and driving a kebab skewer up into your armpit. It's a skillful maneuver that would buy Tourment the time to get back on his feet, were it not for Trinh continuing her momentum - taking Yannic's other skewer under her ribs with a sharp cry - straight into Tourment, delivering a charging right elbow to his jaw.

Cinnabar manages to make her way back to the fight by this point, now carrying a broken bottle in addition to her candlestick. Yannic retrieves his skewer from you, but as Trinh and Tourment continue to struggle, it's clear you and Cinnabar have him locked fully into a two-on-one. Your flanking attack ultimately wears down his defenses. Diamond Trinh finishes off Anton Tourment with a clubbing blow, but having taken a couple pressure point strikes herself, collapses to her knees, effectively taken out of the fight. A jab from Cinnabar's broken bottle forces Yannic Auger to reach to catch her attack to avoid a vicious gouge, leaving you free to finish off your final remaining opponent.

Siroko takes advantage of Yannic's distraction to hit him in the knee with a sweeping blow, knocking him to the ground. She drops the shield, continuing the club's arc back up, grabs it with both hands, and brings it crashing down on Yannic's head before he can recover.

With Yannic's fall, that's the last of your opponents. You have a couple minutes to bask in the surprisingly loud (yet mixed) fan reaction given the incredibly short notice for your match before you're whisked back to your real body. The experience is closer to the luxuries of Algiers than the lingering pain you always feel in Philadelphia. You still ache a little bit, considering you took a hell of a lot of punishment, but it's the kind of pain that'll fade in hours rather than days. Trinh is on her feet before you, and helps you up, pulling you into her arms. Cinnabar hops over and throws an arm around both of your waists. "I guess we don't have a team cheer, but I think this'll do," she says, smirking. She leans in and plants a kiss first on your cheek, then on Trinh's.

"Never a doubt," Siroko declares with complete sincerity. "They forgot we're killer angels."

The three of you are free to make your way out, though Trinh and Cinnabar insist on signing a few autographs first.

----

Jo, the Expodome's talent relations, catches up with you before you leave the arena. "That was a fantastic match." She beams at the three of you. "Feel free to stop by anytime - we'd love to have you. With your teams, or together. And, Siroko, keep an eye on Phia for me, won't you? That girl's better than you might think at getting into trouble." She goes on to transfer you your pay - a healthy sum for a one-off exhibition match. She also points you to a few local artisans who make kit for Expodome killers, offering a pretty sweet discount on their wares for the rest of the day.

Gain any non-Rare item of level 6 or lower.

----

Siroko ends up commissioning some new boots to go with her gear, ones that will make it easier to stay on top of mobile opponents and harder to get away from when she tries to lock someone down.

"You can talk to me into a road trip any time," she tells Trinh. "Still have work to do in Philadelphia though. Do we want to get going early and stop anywhere on the way back, or make the most of the room and get started later on? You're the one on the hook for the cars, so your call."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Jul 20, 2018 around 23:58

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

It's pretty likely Siroko didn't actually sleep before turning up for this strategy session, considering how late she was cutting it with her road trip. Still, she found time to pick an outfit. A short, short-sleeved blue and white jacket with a hood, over a white tube-top shirt with red and black trim, matching shorts and fingerless gloves, black thigh-highs, and designer blue and white sneakers. The shirt is some designer oddity she dug up, with a sideways V-cut just below her bust partly closed with snaps.

Siroko nods approvingly at the post Phia forwards, but replies that she'd like to talk to the manager after the meeting for a bit.

She's spent most of the meeting sitting leaned back in her chair, drinking coffee, surprisingly quiet for until now. "Don't forget McKnight could hit back outside the Arena, hit back against someone besides us. Let's make sure we're all prepared for that." She lets her chair drop onto all four legs. "And let's not gently caress over the other teams while we're at it. Just McKnight. We gently caress him all the way up."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


<ignore>

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

When they're alone, Siroko leans forward in her chair, serious for once. "Are you doing all right?"

“Wait - me? I’m, uh, I’m...” for a moment, Phia looks like she’s searching for a deflection, for a change of subject or a bit of bravado to cling to. She doesn’t find it. She lets out a deep sigh and sinks back into the comfort of her chair. “I’m not alright. The Furies are everything to me, Siroko. I don’t have much. When I started this team - when I hired you - I had next to nothing. The one thing I relied on, that I trusted would get me through any challenge ahead of me, was myself. I knew I would end up with a great team because I’m smart, and I put the time into scouting and research. I knew we would get over because I’m good at Crickt content. I knew we would make money because I did my research on Crown contracts and I’m clever enough to know how to get myself a good deal. Well, that’s what I thought. I guess that last one didn’t turn out to be true, huh?”

Siroko shrugs slightly. "Yeah, kind of screwed up that contract." She says it matter of factly, no malice involved at all. She leans back in her chair. "What do you plan to do to keep it from happening again?"

“Hire a lawyer.”

Siroko nods. "Sounds like a good idea." She pauses, then continues. "It was a screwup. Screwups happen. I hosed up in the fourth match against American Made, nearly cost us the series. We didn't lose because it wasn't only on me. So stop putting all the out-of-the-arena stuff on your shoulders alone. Let us help, hire people you need, an assistant - in the long run we'll make back the expense."

"Yeah." Phia takes another long sip of her coffee. When she brings the mug back down to rest on her lap, she spends a half minute staring contemplatively into the middle distance. Finally, she returns to meet your gaze. "Thanks, Siroko." It seems for a moment she's going to leave it there, before she adds, "When we started, I thought of you five just as part of the job I wanted - people it was my job to take care of and push forward. That's not how I see you now. I see us as a team. My part in the team might be different from yours, but, I see your point. It's not so different that I have to do it completely on my own."

"Good," Siroko declares. "I signed on with you because I could tell you were on the way up. As far as I'm concerned, that hasn't changed. There was one other thing," she continues, changing the subject. "Since we're going after McKnight, I wanted to make sure you're safe. He sends some goons after me, he's going to be short a couple of goons. Can you handle something like that?"

“Ah. Depends. I’m not going anywhere without mace, and I do have a little bit of training. I wanted to be a fighter when I was a teenager. Took it pretty seriously.” With this confession, Phia avoids your gaze. “If he sent an actual Killer after me, I don’t know what would happen, but I could probably deal with just some goon.”

"Well. Let's see what we can do to keep you safe. At the least we can show you some tricks."

“Yeah. Yeah, I’d be up for that.” She still looks off into the middle distance. Fatigue weighs heavy on her, from her slouched posture to her bloodshot eyes. Nonetheless, she manages to muster up a reserve of determination. She looks you dead in the eyes, focused anew. “Match training comes first. That’s not in question. But since you’re willing, gently caress yes I’ll train with you after.”

Siroko gets up and claps Phia on the shoulder. "Looking forward to it."

-----------------

Siroko makes sure to organize film and training session over the next couple of days, and proves plenty willing to criticize her own performance in the prior matches during them. She's very serious about getting this right.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Afternoon of the 25th
Siroko has managed to turn the Furies' training room into something out of an old sports movie, complete with lovely antique school desks and an old style projector - it's at least digital media, but she implies that's because she didn't have time to get film printed. She even has a classic overhead projector with transparencies.

Once she manages to corral everyone in the room, she turns the lights off and starts the projector with the 4th match from the American Made series. She fast forwards through the preliminaries and then slows it down at a critical moment, when she used her Thunder Step move to attack Musa from an unexpected angle. "This is where this fight almost went wrong," she states. "I went here..." she replays the clip. "When I should have ended up about five feet to the left and back towards the camera. That let Axel slip by and drop that firebomb. So, I need to work on my positioning." She fast forwards and rewinds through a couple other parts of the match, critiquing her own footwork and shield use, and then rewinds to the top.

"So, who's up next?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

"Phia's right," Siroko adds. "And there's also a lot of good in our matches - we won after all." Siroko advances the recording to Vivi laying out Maxima and Axel. "We're not just here to pick on weaknesses. I started with mine, I know what people expect out of me, but finding what worked and doing more of it is key."

She pauses, another highlight playing, then adds, "What works and looks amazing, I mean. We're not loving San Antonio."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Entrance Music

Siroko has taken the sukeban inspired outfit she wore on her trip and upgraded it for this match. Black knee length skirt and white tube-top, with a blue and gold Furies bomber jacket with the logo emblazoned on the back worn half-zipped over it, a blue scarf and blue finger-less gloves, combat boots, and blue Wayfarer sunglasses with purple-gold lenses . She's pulled her hair into double buns, and is carrying around a shinai just to complete the effect.

When Caelynn comes in and tells them what happened, Siroko bares her teeth in a snarl. "No one fucks with Siroko's team-mates - with a Fury - and gets away with it." She walks over to stand in front of Caelynn, then extends her hand. When Caelynn takes it, Siroko pulls her back onto her feet. "Your lead, your revenge, on this one. You've the storm's at your back."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Siroko is standing with the shinai across one shoulder and her other hand tucked into the pocket of her jacket, and doesn't bother to square up to the camera properly, communicating her disdain for their opponents in her posture as well as her voice. "La Familia got carried away pretend they were real cosa nostra. But by the time we're done with them today, their thing, will be nothing."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Pietro reels from Vivi's attack, backing up with one hand on his bleeding neck and the other trying to raise his revolver. But his stumbling retreat runs into an unexpected obstacle, bumping up against Siroko. He tries to turn on her, but as his gun come around Siroko catches it in her grip. Electricity arcs across it, and Pietro is thrown back, his hand smoking. Siroko glances at the gun in her hand, sneers at it, then pulls it apart, tossing the broken pieces aside as she advances on Pietro.

He tries to scramble away from her, back into the shadows, but she reaches down and grabs his ankle, yanking him back even as he claws at the ground. With frightening ease, she grabs him by the throat and pulls him to his feet. She pauses for a moment, letting him flail desperately as she looks over the rest of La Familia and the crowd, then lifts him up and slams him into the earth. Literally - the ground opens up as she throws him down, swallowing him up. When Siroko straightens, all that's left to see is an area of disturbed dirt.

Following up on Vivi, hitting Pietro.
Intimidate: 1d20+11 31

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Siroko heads towards Caelynn, walking slowly backwards, looking where she last saw Zio. She bangs her hammer on her shield as she goes, and shouts, "You're a dead man, Zio, but you can choose how it goes down. You can die out here, shaking and shivering in a bush, alone and afraid. Or you can face the storm and die on your feat. I know which I'd chose - but I'm Siroko Tuuli. Time to choose, Zio."

Intimidate: 1d20+11 23

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Siroko was content to let Caelynn take the fore after the match, given the situation. That didn't mean she avoided cutting any promos or celebrating any harder of course. This time she insisted everyone, including Caelynn and Erzbet, participate fully. The Furies had won some matches before, but this was in some ways their first true team victory.

During the meeting, Siroko considers Caelynn's question carefully. With Siroko, even careful consideration is a bit over the top, seeing as she actually adopts the thinker pose. "Cinnabar is a dancer before she's a fighter. Don't mistake that for being a poor fighter or she'll blind you and then gut you. But if you knock her off rhythm, she's less effective. Same with the rest. They can improvise for sure, but they're a lot less effective if they can't set up synergies. You have to disrupt what they're doing."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

"If she says she needs a piano, she needs a piano," Siroko informs Phia. For her own part she insists on having her own drum set, and setting it up herself. But before then is practice, which she is more than willing to share with Cinnibar. Her own suggestions and critiques are probably the less useful ones when it comes to the music itself, since she's mostly self-taught. But she definitely has plenty to offer when it comes to presentation and staging.

"Siroko is a tough act to follow," Siroko tells Cinnabar by way of agreement when the other suggests Siroko go first. She's arrived wearing a white off-the-shoulder top with black collar and cuffs tucked into a high-waisted black skirt over light blue tights, and black sneakers with rainbow colored straps. She has a large white flower braided into her hair, as well as a necklace of silver plates and matching pendant earrings.

For her introduction, she steps forward. "You know who I am. You came here tonight to hear drums better than you've every heard before, and Siroko Tuuli will make it happen."

When it comes to her performance, Siroko has chosen to play a full song rather than just a drum solo. Her playing is energetic and enthusiastic, though she doesn't bother with drum tricks. Her singing voice is on the deeper end for a woman's, as despite not being classically beautiful, it does have compelling and unique quality to it. She finishes her performance with verve, then stands from behind her drum set to bow.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Where Roxie's costume has become more elaborate, Siroko's has simplified. The designs on her armor have been scoured off, and a simple deep bluing applied in its place, with a matte finish applied on top so only the edges and gaps reflect. Her gauntlets and shield are simpler in design, the shoulder pieces and the half-skirt of the old version removed. A bright blue sash around her hips adds a bit of color and movement while keeping it uncomplicated. The overall effect is sharper and darker, emphasizing Siroko's physique.

When the match begins, Siroko moves up ahead of and slightly to the side of Roxie, covering the flank. She leaves her hammer tucked into the straps of the shield for the moment, keeping her hand free to draw it or to hurl one of the weapons on her belt if someone strays into range.

Move to M8. Ready an action to make a Ranged Basic Attack with a Throwing Hammer at the first enemy to come within 5 squares.

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 61/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 13/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [1]

At Will               
Weight of Earth           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Burst of Earth's Fury 

Daily
[ ] Inspiring Fortitude   [ ] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Winter's Herald

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[x] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Oct 25, 2018 around 13:52

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Seeing Caelynn having some trouble, Siroko decides its time to get in the fray - and to throw a wrench into the Flawless Executioner's carefully laid plans. She pulls her hammer free of the loops of her shield and advances as well, surprisingly cautious, swinging across the chains easily but unhurriedly. She comes to a stop ahead of Cinnibar and Simoon, setting her feet, raising hammer and shield.

Then there's a brilliant flash of light and Siroko is between the two opponents, her hammer coming down with the crack of thunder to connect with Cinnabar, sending her reeling. A swirl of wind tugs at the Executioner's costumes, and arcs of electricity play across Siroko's armor, pulling their attention decisively to her. As Cinnabar finds her balance again, Siroko meets her gaze.

"You should save those looks for me."

Move to I9. Use Thunder Step, teleport to D9.
Thunder Step vs Reflex (Cinnabar): 1d20+11 30 2d10+10 15
Hits for 15 damage and she is dazed (save ends).
Nature's Wrath to mark Cinnabar and Simoon until end of my next turn.


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 61/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 13/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         21/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [1]

At Will               
Weight of Earth           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [ ] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Burst of Earth's Fury 

Daily
[ ] Inspiring Fortitude   [ ] Thunder Step           [ ] Form of Winter's Herald

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[x] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Oct 25, 2018 around 13:51

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Siroko staggers but does not fall. She straightens up and pounds her shield with her hammer, rallying her team. As she does so, white frost spreads over her armor, then hardens into ice. It runs down her legs and to the arena floor, spreading in a circle around her, an inversion of Simoon's own captive storm.

Font of Life Save vs Extinction Cloak: 1d20 7
Free: Use Incredible Toughness to end Syzygy.
Minor: Activate Form of Winter's Herald. Until end of encounter, +1 bonus to AC and resist 5 cold. In addition, each square within 2 squares of Siroko, wherever she moves, is difficult terrain for her enemies. Allows use of Form of Winter's Herald attack power.
Free: Nature's Wrath to mark Simoon until end of my next turn.
Standard: Ready an action to use Inspiring Fortitude when Vivi moves to within 5 squares of Siroko. When/if this goes off, it will grant 13 THP to any allies within 5 squares, Siroko regains 30hp and gains +2 to all defenses UEoMNT, and Simoon is slid to G8 and is slowed UEoMNT.
Save vs Extinction Cloak: 1d20 14


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 15/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 13/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         22/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [1]

At Will               
Weight of Earth           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[x] Second Wind           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [x] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Burst of Earth's Fury 

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [x] Form of Winter's Herald

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[x] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Oct 25, 2018 around 13:52

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

As Vivi moves in for the kill, Siroko slams her hammer onto the shield one more time with a crash, then throws her arms out wide, knocking Simoon aside. "Furies fly!"

Quick update to capture Inspiring Fortitude effects. Grants 13 THP to any allies within 5 squares (all except Erzbet), Siroko regains 30hp and gains +2 to all defenses UEoMNT, and Simoon is slid to G8 and is slowed UEoMNT.

pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP : 45/61 (THP: 0)      Passive Insight    : 13    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 11/13 (V: 15)   Passive Perception : 13    Normal         22/20/17/17
Initiative : +3          Vision : Normal 
Speed : 6                Action Points : [1]

At Will               
Weight of Earth           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[x] Second Wind           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [x] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Burst of Earth's Fury 

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [x] Form of Winter's Herald

Items::
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[x] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2018 around 16:01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



PDF | Orokos | Entrance Music

Siroko forces herself back to her feet, using her shield for leverage. "Good - that's just how I like it". Siroko whirls her hammer around and into her opponent, bringing with it a cutting arctic wind that chills Simoon to the bones and freezes her to the spot.

Move: Stand up.
Free: Nature's Wrath to mark Simoon UEoMNT.
Action point: Form of Winter's Herald Attack vs AC (Simoon): 1d20+11 25 1d10+13 15 Brutal 2 Reroll of Damage: 1d10r2+13 19 cold damage
Simoon is immobilized (save ends).


pre:
Siroko Tuuli    						 
HP: 17/61 (THP: 0)        Passive Insight: 13        Defense Sets: AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges: 11/13 (V: 15)     Passive Perception: 13        Normal     22/20/17/17
Initiative: +3            Vision: Normal             Resist: 5 cold
Speed: 6                  Action Points: [0]

At Will               
Weight of Earth           Thorn Strike               Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Encounter
[x] Second Wind           [ ] Guardian's Counter     [x] Incredible Toughness
[ ] Gale Strike           [ ] Burst of Earth's Fury 

Daily
[x] Inspiring Fortitude   [x] Thunder Step           [x] Form of Winter's Herald
                                                     [x] Winter's Herald Attack

Items
Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[x] Lightning Craghammer (Daily, At-Will)
[ ] [ ] Potion of Cure Light Wounds
[ ] [ ] Potion of Healing

MBA: +11 attack, 1d10+10
RBA: +11 attack, 1d6+8

Passives:
Font of Life: At the start of your turn, roll a saving throw.
Nature's Wrath: As a free action, mark each adjacent enemy until EoYNT.
Stormheart: When you use your Second Wind, slide each enemy marked by you and
within 2 squares of you 1 sq, and each enemy marked by you is slowed until EoYNT.
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 sq to push and slide distance with hammer attacks.
Crippling Crush: +3 damage to targets you slow or immobilize with a hammer attack.
Sudden Roots: Enemy hit with OA is slowed until end of its turn.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your Second Wind while bloodied, expend
two healing surges instead of 1.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«2 »