Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It was update day. Here is the stuff I found important or cared about.

There was also some story stuff and new lines added to tease star wars event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

guess ill test the old rock band 4 guitar today

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You're leaving out the best part, they added an option to hide seeing 4 specific emotes, two of them were used for racist purposes (I forget the first one, but the other is the banana throwing one), and two of them being the Take the L and the godawful donkey laugh emote. This has made people VERY ANGRY

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macaluso posted:

You're leaving out the best part, they added an option to hide seeing 4 specific emotes, two of them were used for racist purposes (I forget the first one, but the other is the banana throwing one), and two of them being the Take the L and the godawful donkey laugh emote. This has made people VERY ANGRY

Warms the heart.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Macaluso posted:

it was catwoman cracking a whip because gamers

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dude under Hela is here to fight in the keyblade wars.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

guess ill test the old rock band 4 guitar today

see no way to make the Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller for Xbox One work on xbox despite the chart. it gives me the icons for navigating, which work, but doesnt work in festival. if i do the PRO GUITAR or bass tracks it just tells me to swap device

if I do a normal instrument, it binds the first two lanes to left and right on the dpad and the other lanes to the first few frets.

if I go to the settings to rebind the keys, clicking the fret just backs out every time

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

Dude under Hela is here to fight in the keyblade wars.

That is perseus

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

there's a new crew skin in the update for may too

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Super No Vacancy posted:

see no way to make the Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller for Xbox One work on xbox despite the chart. it gives me the icons for navigating, which work, but doesnt work in festival. if i do the PRO GUITAR or bass tracks it just tells me to swap device

if I do a normal instrument, it binds the first two lanes to left and right on the dpad and the other lanes to the first few frets.

if I go to the settings to rebind the keys, clicking the fret just backs out every time

This exact thing happens to me with the just-released riffmaster. I tried a few things Reddit said to, and nothing.

Also having to remove the panel every time to store the dongle sucks. At first I thought it just flipped open to store it, but no, you have to tear the plate out of its fragile little latching tabs every time. Who's idea was that?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Macaluso posted:

More Star Wars though, I'll take that every time because people so badly want to get that epic lightsaber clip, they will not switch off of it to their own detriment.

Guilty as loving charged right here

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Amphigory posted:

Guilty as loving charged right here
yeah, what's the point if you're not constantly using the gimmick poo poo? oh man you shot a guy?? with a gun?? cool!! fuckin'...be a man and duel me surrounded by flaming cars

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Force pushing people into the storm was a hoot

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Scuba Trooper posted:

Off the island, off a cliff... Same for swords and hammers.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Day two of my $150 peripheral not working in game. If I have time tomorrow I'll try it on the other Xbox.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
My guitar works but boy oh boy if I see Swap Device one more time

This Rock Band version sucks!! I miss my cool Overdrive sounds and graphics.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Scuba Trooper posted:

the earth bending sends cars flying. i was finally able to throw a car racing at me back into the storm and i felt so cool

also lego fortnite already exists: it's called "Dragon Age Builders 2" and it is glorious.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm so bummed cause I sent a car flying on accident trying to set up a barrier against a guy shooting me from behind a tree. The car flew over, destroyed the tree, then landed on the guy running away from his destroyed cover, and I forgot to save the video.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i find it super annoying that i have nvidia highlights set up to automatically save and yet it seemingly constantly breaks on the games that i do godlike on. like it'll work fine up until it doesn't, and they're usually really good games. what's up with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s not just you. My highlights function breaks at random too.

The only sure fire way is just to record your matches with the nvidia recording function and then edit them down with something like Microsoft clipchamp (which actually sort of rules if you haven’t used it). But that’s dependent on you remembering to press record, which I often forget until something cool happens.