Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Jaster posted:

I've found Bounties a lot easier in solos. Just drop close to a Bounty Board / NPC who's likely to give them out. Early on in the game people die like crazy, so more often than not the first Bounty I grab gets poached before I can even think about actually going to find them. Takes a little luck, but it's s actually surprising how often it happens.

Yep. Blaze is almost always at the tinder tent and your bounty is usually in Holly Hedges. The burglar NPC in the SW corner of Holly Hedges is good to pick up a second bounty before you have to run from the storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

Plus if you get really lucky and somebody insta-gibs your Bounty you can pick up a fresh one from the exact same NPC. I've definitely had some "welp" moments where it was worth doubling back for that.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I had one die AS I closed the menu from taking the contract. It ruled

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm just now kind of getting into this game, a few matches per night, nothing crazy. Couple questions...

A) I'm assuming that there's just absolutely zero possibility of me being able to buy any of the Ghostbusters stuff that I missed from October. Am I correct?

2) What's the deal with Battle Lab? You can just set up a custom game for you and 15 friends to gently caress around in? If that's the case, that sounds amazing.

D) Does the Battle Pass work like how Rocket League's Season passes work? Without it you earn some stuff, but with it, you earn a ton more, plus can earn enough to buy the next season pass?

Q) I should probably play with goons, shouldn't I?

Edit: Oh, one more: I'm playing on Switch, so aside from Save the World, am I missing out on any other content?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm just now kind of getting into this game, a few matches per night, nothing crazy. Couple questions...

A) I'm assuming that there's just absolutely zero possibility of me being able to buy any of the Ghostbusters stuff that I missed from October. Am I correct?

2) What's the deal with Battle Lab? You can just set up a custom game for you and 15 friends to gently caress around in? If that's the case, that sounds amazing.

D) Does the Battle Pass work like how Rocket League's Season passes work? Without it you earn some stuff, but with it, you earn a ton more, plus can earn enough to buy the next season pass?

Edit: Oh, one more: I'm playing on Switch, so aside from Save the World, am I missing out on any other content?

A: No, unless it’s back in the shop

2: Yes.

D: That’s exactly how it works. Rocket League got the idea from this.

Q: Yes. You do not want to be playing with random annoying kids on mic.

The Switch version is exactly the same minus Save The World.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

A: No, unless it’s back in the shop

2: Yes.

D: That’s exactly how it works. Rocket League got the idea from this.

Q: Yes. You do not want to be playing with random annoying kids on mic.

The Switch version is exactly the same minus Save The World.

Thanks! :toot:

Also, do any skins like the GB ones (licensed, I mean) ever come back? Or are they usually gone forever?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Also, do any skins like the GB ones (licensed, I mean) ever come back? Or are they usually gone forever?

Some do. There’s really no way to tell when.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Some skins like Marvel and Star wars usually return for movie events, but some costumes never have returned, like the stranger things costumes or the original black widow skin

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

For Ghostbuster - am I crazy or is there Ecto-1 under a tarp in camp cod? Is it coming back? Or has it just been there since skins came out and it is first time I saw it?

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

Ghostbusters will be back eventually. At worst they will show up next Halloween, and whenever that new film comes out they'll probably do some cross promotion.

Ecto-1 is still in-game (though hidden pretty far out of the way) so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they just randomly show up sooner or later.

The only thing that ever seems guaranteed to never show up again is Battlepass things or Events marked as "Exclusive", which most Item Shop stuff is not.

Even the Icon Series "Streamer" skins that Ninja said repeatedly would never come back again still came back somewhat recently.

But yeah there are some random skins that have not been seen in years. Shops that rotate daily with no advertisement of what's coming up next (or when something will vanish for who knows how long) sure does drive those FOMO-based sales.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So I don't play this but my younger son started playing this recently and I am by necessity his audience.

(1) I seriously did not expect this much drama with him and his (age appropriate) friends. Holy poo poo.

(2) He suddenly got a ton of the Marvel quest rewards the other day - like the iron man suit-up, mjolnir, doom's chair, etc. He got season passes this time and last but didn't win those items. Was this some kind of unannounced compensation for the server downtime or a bug that arose somehow, probably related to the server downtime?

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

(2) He suddenly got a ton of the Marvel quest rewards the other day - like the iron man suit-up, mjolnir, doom's chair, etc. He got season passes this time and last but didn't win those items. Was this some kind of unannounced compensation for the server downtime or a bug that arose somehow, probably related to the server downtime?

There were a lot of quest-based rewards last Battle Pass, where getting a certain level didn't give you the item, it gave you a quest to get that item / emote / whatever. They weren't very hard, but many / most of them could only be done in that chapter (like to get Mjolnir you had to physically go and pick it up from a crater that was on the map, but that isn't in-game anymore).

Usually the policy on stuff like that you miss is "too bad, so sad, shoulda got it when you had the chance" but I guess they've decided to be lenient? Now if you had the level on the BP they've just handed you the reward you would have gotten.

They didn't say why this was changed or if it's something that will be the policy going forward (like right now the Mandalorian's armor upgrades are attached to quests that unlock as you level up the Battle Pass. If you don't bother with those, will you get it all for free next season? They haven't said, so while the answer is now "maybe" I still wouldn't risk it).

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Jaster posted:

There were a lot of quest-based rewards last Battle Pass, where getting a certain level didn't give you the item, it gave you a quest to get that item / emote / whatever. They weren't very hard, but many / most of them could only be done in that chapter (like to get Mjolnir you had to physically go and pick it up from a crater that was on the map, but that isn't in-game anymore).

Usually the policy on stuff like that you miss is "too bad, so sad, shoulda got it when you had the chance" but I guess they've decided to be lenient? Now if you had the level on the BP they've just handed you the reward you would have gotten.

They didn't say why this was changed or if it's something that will be the policy going forward (like right now the Mandalorian's armor upgrades are attached to quests that unlock as you level up the Battle Pass. If you don't bother with those, will you get it all for free next season? They haven't said, so while the answer is now "maybe" I still wouldn't risk it).
Wow!

Yeah he was fine without it but it was like Christmas for him lol. He hadn't done all the quests - he had the Wolverine skin, a few Doom things, and some random poo poo I just can't keep track of.

He's a giant superhero fan, so that's really cool. Thanks for the explanation, good to know it's not just us.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Add me: mandggaming

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

Winterfest is up, and... it's a series of limited time quests of varying difficulty? Gotta say, last year's Advent Calendar style free presents was, uh... a lot nicer.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Planes are back :stare:

EDIT:
But they require fuel, so they won't be a constant terror.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 18, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
PLANES ARE BACK!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jaster posted:

Winterfest is up, and... it's a series of limited time quests of varying difficulty? Gotta say, last year's Advent Calendar style free presents was, uh... a lot nicer.

it's one new quest a day and you get a unique thing for completing each day's quest. it's basically the same, just with a worse presentation

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah I just tried to take out a plane with a rocket launcher.

It did not go well.

Also, holy gently caress, I'm just messing around with the new-to-me Creative Mode and WOW. :stare: I can make my own game.

Tell me goons have done this.

Edit: Couldn't help it...

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 20, 2020

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

For the curious, here are all of the Operation Snowdown challenges:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 26, 2020

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trying to master a loop-de-loop into a shooting run on someone, in a plane obviously

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
The challenges that require friends are the reason why I have Fortnite on my phone with a dummy account.

Also the Black Panther challenges today that say something like "Play duo/squads games 0/5" apparently it can only be done with friends but they left that part off of the challenge text.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Said with friends just fine on my end

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Also you could also just yknow play this game with a friend

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

hanales posted:

Add me: mandggaming

I sent you a PM, but I'll also reply here anyway: thanks for the tips last night! Some of them I knew, others I didn't. I'm still getting used to building, and generally I actually don't really like that it (seems ugly and spammy, if that makes sense), but I also get that it's useful and it's what the other players will do anyway, so I'll get used to doing it more.

And I sort of have a mic, but it's a headset I use with my phone, since I mostly play with my Switch docked. So if you see (or anyone else here sees) me on discord, that'd be my main way to chat, generally.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah I just tried to take out a plane with a rocket launcher.

It did not go well.

Also, holy gently caress, I'm just messing around with the new-to-me Creative Mode and WOW. :stare: I can make my own game.

Tell me goons have done this.

Edit: Couldn't help it...

Why would anyone ever play BR when zone wars and box fighting exists?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A Typical Goon posted:

I am not aware of either of these things! I'm intrigued, though.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

A Typical Goon posted:

Because random fill zone wars and creative is full of toxic tryhards who follow the meta of the week. At least squads is random with who you meet up with.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Yeah I much prefer the standard BR mode to zone wars. I miss moving zones in pubs but not enough to play creative fills.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I remember we were talking about predator in this thread earlier. It seems like he is the hidden battlepass skin and comes out tomorrow

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Don’t know who needs to hear this but this already helped one other person: if your fortnite install on pc is running worse than you would expect, make sure that Nvidia highlights are disabled. They will not automatically be disabled on AMD hardware and will tank your game.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I've got terrible performance whenever I boot this up on PC and it sounds like that's the cause, so I appreciate it, at least.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

im on the net me boys posted:

Don’t know who needs to hear this but this already helped one other person: if your fortnite install on pc is running worse than you would expect, make sure that Nvidia highlights are disabled. They will not automatically be disabled on AMD hardware and will tank your game.

It tanked my game and I have an Nvidia lol

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Wow that was a surprising addition: Ryu and Chun Li bundle in the store with emotes and multiple costumes for each.

Edit:

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 21, 2021

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What weird choices. Resident Evil or Mega Man X or Zero would have fit in better.

They should have given us Guile instead of Ryu since he would know how to use guns. Chun-Li is fine since she’s a cop.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I would absolutely rock the gently caress out of RE4'S Leon, holy poo poo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I would absolutely rock the gently caress out of RE4'S Leon, holy poo poo.

I’d pay all the vbucks for that with both jacket on and off variants.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

What weird choices. Resident Evil or Mega Man X or Zero would have fit in better.

They should have given us Guile instead of Ryu since he would know how to use guns. Chun-Li is fine since she’s a cop.

Agreed, I know he's their stupid poster boy shotan fighter but Ryu just looks dumb as hell running around with an assault rifle.

OTOH that inflatable E. Honda glider is hilarious!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Hey I played this for a while in I think summer 2018 and then quit right around when it was like SMG and explosives meta. I think they had just recently added a viking ship? Anyway I need a new shooter to play and the field is pretty weak. Is fortnite good right now? Are goons playing? I had a lot of fun playing with the serious overchill group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I play at least a round or more every night. I only got into it a few months ago. I'd say it's pretty good. I'm not great at building, but I can usually hide / build off some Red Bull addled 10 year old's fort while they fight, so being great at building isn't even particularly required.