Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I think up to a certain account level and certainly the first two matches you are placed in a game with all bots (outside your team).

I'm "Shazbot Llama" on fortnite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Yeah I'm now five matches in and have gotten a VR in each one. It must be bots or I'm just being MMed with people who don't really play many shooter/BR games. Or both.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Yeah I'm now five matches in and have gotten a VR in each one. It must be bots or I'm just being MMed with people who don't really play many shooter/BR games. Or both.

You using a m+kb, or gyro aiming? Makes all the difference compared to just double stick moving and aiming.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You using a m+kb, or gyro aiming? Makes all the difference compared to just double stick moving and aiming.

Playing on Xbox with stock controller.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

its kinda interesting seeing a lot of the skins that were supposedly going to be in the battlepass according to leaks turn out to be shop ones, like that one with the girl who holds weapons/tools with cloud arms, one of the coachella skins, the moon knight or w/e

means the leaks were technically true just not in the way people thought, makes me wonder what else is coming between now and next season

still holding out for that techwear midas or the weird big tiger dude that seems really out of place :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope the Doom Slayer leak is real. I’ve had a bunch of vbux saved for over a year and I would use them for him.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I am behind pace level (https://www.fortnitexp.net/) to reach 200 and I am confused by it. In past seasons I have been way, way ahead of pace level. I usually reach level 300+.

I have 8 of the milestones fully completed, all season/weekly/resistance quests are complete and I do at least my three daily completions every day. The only thing different this season is the lack of creative afk xp. I am looking at not even reaching lvl 200 at his pace.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 26, 2022

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Apple Craft posted:

I am behind pace level (https://www.fortnitexp.net/) to reach 200 and I am confused by it. In past seasons I have been way, way ahead of pace level. I usually reach level 300+.

I have 8 of the milestones fully completed, all season/weekly/resistance quests are complete and I do at least my three daily completions every day. The only thing different this season is the lack of creative afk xp. I am looking at not even reaching lvl 200 at his pace.

Lately, I've been using this one creative map that has a bunch of hidden spots that grant constant, small amounts of XP that add up when you leave it going for an hour or so. It also has accolades for "playing" the map for 10/30/60 minutes.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/creative/island-codes/1v1-with-any-gun-2-0-7808-5308-1999

There are YouTube videos with obnoxious narrators that will show all the hidden XP locations if you search the island code. I can usually activate all of them in about five minutes and then have my character autorun in a corner for the rest of the time.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Apple Craft posted:

Last season it seemed like XP was slowed down as well. Then they solds a skin that came with 28 levels worth of quests that were super simple and easy to do. Like, just walk to this POI. 28 quests and 28 levels. So it was kind of clear they were just selling more levels, so I am getting the feeling they have slowed down XP on purpose and might be selling another leveling skin near the end of the season.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Apple Craft posted:

I hit 200 really early this season but most of that was XP from playing STW. If you don't have access to that, try out some of the Creative maps in Discovery. I found some "easy deathrun" maps there. Some of those gave very low xp, but you can find some that give pretty decently high xp. Maybe 80k for a run through that takes 20-30 minutes? Even better if they have hidden things to collect and achievements that grant xp, or even playtime xp. I could go find what I was using, but those change all the time and it might not be very good now. I used a fishing map in C3S1 and it gave everyone xp when anybody did anything. It doesn't even give xp at all now.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Last season it seemed like XP was slowed down as well. Then they solds a skin that came with 28 levels worth of quests that were super simple and easy to do. Like, just walk to this POI. 28 quests and 28 levels. So it was kind of clear they were just selling more levels, so I am getting the feeling they have slowed down XP on purpose and might be selling another leveling skin near the end of the season.

They changed it last season and this season too. You used to need less xp from levels 1-20. Then it went to 1-6. Now the lower levels are the same as the higher ones. Also, once you hit 100, it used to go down to 50k for the next level and then increase a little bit (200-300xp) each level. Now it is the same amount all the way through to 200. But before, it was 80k per level until 100 when it reset. Now it's 75k but from level 1 through 200. I hope I didn't make that too confusing.

Nullsmack fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 27, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

There's a fortnite song I heard recently and I can't find it again. I think it was on radio underground and I think part of the lyrics was "the more you <"???">, the more you <different "???">"

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? The style was kind of a chill hip hop song, and it almost sounded... older?

Edit: it wasn't "the more you know" by zaee. This was like almost classic hip hop, maybe later, like it was made between 1985-1990 (I have no idea when it actually was made)

Edit: welp, it was this. Props to them for that sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-8hD7N2AOE

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 29, 2022

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The 28 level skin is going to be Omega Knight and should be available in the shop sometime soon:

EDIT:
It's out now - https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/hear-ye-announcing-omega-knights-level-up-quest-pack-in-fortnite

interpunct fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 5, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I just got the 'deal 100 or more damage with a single bullet' challenge..... by hitting someone with a car.

...I mean... when you think about it, i GUESS cars are like very big bullets... :v:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Since Xbox Cloud Gaming allows you to play Fortnite through the service for free, I was able to unlock the Xbox console-exclusive edit style for the Master Chief cosmetic even though my last Microsoft console was the 360. Neat.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 7, 2022

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

:siren: Free Cosmetics :siren:

Link a PSN account to your Epic Games account and then just survive storm circles to earn the community rewards (loading screen, wrap, glider)

https://fortnite.playstation.com

Link your Epic Games account with a Twitch account and watch a drops-enabled stream (such as the official Fortnite channel) this weekend for like 30 minutes or to claim a free backbling

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/competitive/en-US/news/how-to-watch-the-fncs-chapter-3-season-2-broadcast

Edit:

Join the Fortnite Italy Discord, link your account via some overwhelmed bot, and receive challenges (in Italian) that unlock a spray, emoji, and wrap

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdsSmixNbht/

Claim the Volcanic Assassin Quest Pack for $0.00 via the in-game store on PC (or GeForce now if you mainly play console) and complete the challenges to unlock a backbling, wrap, pickaxe, and skin.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 20, 2022

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
So......season 2 ends today with one of the big events at 4pm then comes back up whenever. I missed this entire season because of Elden Ring controlling my life. Hopefully next one has some fun poo poo.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Got to level 80 just kinda stopped playing this season. The event is open to join starts in 15

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Was able to play in my first ever Fortnite season end event and it was a ton of fun! Really awesome! Sad I missed the end event for Chapter 2, as I was working. I was working today but I took a late lunch break to sneak it in! :ninja:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yo the music over this "To be continued..." screen are absolute jams

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

livestream of the lo-fi music is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuojXGdw8sA

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So I tried this on a whim and new movement options plus no build mode are great. Apex should be more interesting to me on paper with the abilities and movement but Fortnite seems way more fun to mess around on after a day of work.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

teaser for the next battle pass was posted: https://www.fortnitelookbook.com/en

i was already getting the battle pass just from having a month of the crew pack to get may's bundle but drat, im really into this

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mix. posted:

teaser for the next battle pass was posted: https://www.fortnitelookbook.com/en

i was already getting the battle pass just from having a month of the crew pack to get may's bundle but drat, im really into this

ooooohh neat! I am into is so far. This will be my fourth season playing. The one that just concluded had the least interesting battlepack I think, I did not care for nearly any of the characters. CH3/S1 I think was the best overall that I have played, but CH2/S8 had my favorite skin so far in a battle pass, Torin. I am a little tired of comic book characters, it would be nice to have a season without one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dugong posted:

So I tried this on a whim and new movement options plus no build mode are great. Apex should be more interesting to me on paper with the abilities and movement but Fortnite seems way more fun to mess around on after a day of work.

The wait times between matches totally kills Apex for me. Always way too long.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

IncredibleIgloo posted:

ooooohh neat! I am into is so far. This will be my fourth season playing. The one that just concluded had the least interesting battlepack I think, I did not care for nearly any of the characters. CH3/S1 I think was the best overall that I have played, but CH2/S8 had my favorite skin so far in a battle pass, Torin. I am a little tired of comic book characters, it would be nice to have a season without one.

well, the good news is the leaks indicate no marvel this season :v:

...instead we're gonna be most likely getting darth vader lol

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Mix. posted:

well, the good news is the leaks indicate no marvel this season :v:

...instead we're gonna be most likely getting darth vader lol

Darth Vader AND Indiana Jones!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1533267700369264640

Season 3 launches at 2:00 am EST.

Well drat. I was hoping to play some of the new season tonight.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

cinematic and gameplay trailers just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5EfrMzg9JA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jexE8vm8q8E

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

The umbrella this season is really nice:

Also, if you watch a drops-enabled Twitch stream for 30 minutes, you get a free emote (after connecting your Epic Games account to a Twitch account):

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So is the general 'vibe' of this season "gently caress the IO, they're gone. We're just gonna chill and shoot each other. We are Gen Z and we've taken over"?

Because gently caress yeah. I saw all of the graffiti in Command Cavern, and :discourse:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

I saw all of the graffiti in Command Cavern, and :discourse:

It's Rave Cave now. :pcgaming:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

interpunct posted:

It's Rave Cave now. :pcgaming:

Beautiful.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow the DMR is extremely satisfying to use . Really fun gun

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I really enjoyed last season and thought I would actually do better than before because of the no building mode. Turns out last season was my poorest performance yet, which surprised me.

This season I just wrapped up my second game, was trying to figure out the new guns, do a few easy quests, get the lay of the land and whatnot. Ended up winning the second game and it was very satisfying! I really love the umbrella and I really like the battle pass this season. I think I at least like every skin and love a few of them. Overall it is my favorite battle pass so far. I did notice that this season runs a really long time? It seems like last season was kind of short but I think this season runs until September 18th, so I might have time to make 200 this season. Last season was not only my worst in performance, but the only season I did not reach level 200 to unlock all those awards. I was also busier than usual so that played into it too.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Second longest season so far I believe, second to Ch2S1. As a PC player I'm a little curious as to how this runs on the Switch or even mobile, the geometry in parts of the map right now, namely around like Rave Cave is so wildly dense, animated and vertical.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FauxLeather posted:

Second longest season so far I believe, second to Ch2S1. As a PC player I'm a little curious as to how this runs on the Switch or even mobile, the geometry in parts of the map right now, namely around like Rave Cave is so wildly dense, animated and vertical.

It’s playable on Switch still but the resolution seems like it got a downgrade compared to where it used to be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Looks fine for me; I play on both switch and pc, and the main difference I notice is the load times.

Also, I LOVE the roller-coaster.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah this is a really nice season, I'm definitely a drop-in-drop-out player but I'm glad I checked it out. The "plant a loot tree that persists between matches" system is a cool idea too and I like it a lot better than tents (which I wish were removed, I don't think you need both) -- it's neat being able to somewhat personalize your favorite drop spot

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Looks fine for me; I play on both switch and pc, and the main difference I notice is the load times.

Also, I LOVE the roller-coaster.

It'd be cool if the roller coaster had some functional use, like maybe allow you to cannon off it at certain intervals or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Its functional use is that I get to ride around in a ball at high speeds :colbert: