Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
AAB the OP being based on the pre-battle royale game that I could not be arsed to update had been low key stressing me out for like 2 months god bless you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

500 wood for rockets? now you have me thinking about these trades being worth something

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Have they ever done a mode where you pick your items and start with infinite resources? Not getting the right loot kind of sucks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
so is anyone even still playing the coop survival thing that it started as? Is that even in the game anymore

I literally haven't touched this game and all I hear about is f2p BR so what's going on with the classic fortnite stuff

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
This is a very good thread. Dr Lupo is the chillest streamer to watch, and he doesn't get all ragey at stream snipers or think he's god's gift to the world like other dudes.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Alan Smithee posted:

so is anyone even still playing the coop survival thing that it started as? Is that even in the game anymore

I literally haven't touched this game and all I hear about is f2p BR so what's going on with the classic fortnite stuff

Yeah Save the World is still in and they've done a lot of good QoL improvements to it. They just haven't done anything for the main plot quest stuff in forever so if you make it to Canny Valley or Twine peaks it's just a quest chain with no narration and has been for months and months. I play a bit almost every day but mainly to do daily quests and the events which have new stuff every couple of weeks.

edit: the worst part about StW is a bunch of BR players coming over and spamming global chat looking to "trade" for guns which is just code for trying to steal stuff. They don't seem to understand that you get everything you need by playing the game and that there's no "SCAR" in StW but keep begging for it for some reason.

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 4, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

pzy posted:

Have they ever done a mode where you pick your items and start with infinite resources? Not getting the right loot kind of sucks

100 remote rockets launching simultaneously.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The sneakiest thing this game did is turn the matchmaking cross platform all the time. I'm suddenly a god who can get like 2 or even 3 kills now.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

wjs5 posted:

I see the old thread died, does anyone still play PvE?

I play on PS4 under CarolChanning, but you can also find me on the epic games thing under my forums name @gmail.com.

spamhead80 fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 4, 2018

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Continuing streamer chat, what's the thread's preference for solo/duo/squad streamrs? I have no idea why, but I loathe watching non-solo streams unless it's like Ninja with Drake or Ninja with Shroud or some other hot shot celeb stuff.

I used to be a fan of Muselk, but his constant fake enthusiasm finally got to me and I unsubscribed. TSM Myth is the only other Fortnite player I follow.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Man my favorite kind of player to go against is the dudes that poo poo out Taj Mahal when you fire a single bullet at them regardless of circle position. I keep falling back and waiting for them and a couple minutes later they show up with no materials left, desperately trying to take down some trees for mats and you kill them from your 3 walls 1 stair fort. :smugdog:

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Hot drat this was a good win
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7N56xXelY

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 4, 2018

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Rexxed posted:

Yeah Save the World is still in and they've done a lot of good QoL improvements to it. They just haven't done anything for the main plot quest stuff in forever so if you make it to Canny Valley or Twine peaks it's just a quest chain with no narration and has been for months and months. I play a bit almost every day but mainly to do daily quests and the events which have new stuff every couple of weeks.

edit: the worst part about StW is a bunch of BR players coming over and spamming global chat looking to "trade" for guns which is just code for trying to steal stuff. They don't seem to understand that you get everything you need by playing the game and that there's no "SCAR" in StW but keep begging for it for some reason.

what's the ratio like of STW to BR these days

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

what's the ratio like of STW to BR these days

No one knows. I'm guessing a few hundred thousand concurrent players vs millions of BR.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
stw is probably like 10k active players at most

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Minrad posted:

stw is probably like 10k active players at most

Nah, no way. There's thousands of people in Twine Peaks, which requires hundreds of hours to get to. That and v-bucks missions have a shitton of BR players as well.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

With the money they are making every month with BR, they can pay somebody to make STW players happy, and I think thats what they are doing.

Releasing QoL changes is not the worst a game can do. If they can do that and polish, I don't really need a new biome or recorded Ray voicelines.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Tei posted:

With the money they are making every month with BR, they can pay somebody to make STW players happy, and I think thats what they are doing.

Releasing QoL changes is not the worst a game can do. If they can do that and polish, I don't really need a new biome or recorded Ray voicelines.

Agreed, I'm hoping for the sake of the game that they're going to do the harder QoL changes as well though, soon. Last changes looked amazing, but were also basically slider changes.

Edit: Going F2P would fix a lot of issues as well. As long as they properly address/punish spammers/scammers. They could keep all event maps open and you'd still have plenty of people to match up with. Whereas currently, you'd be player starved in most zones. Having Horde Bash back would be amazing.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 4, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Patch 3.4 coming soon https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/v3-4-content-update
Includes return of 'splode mode and vending machines!

• Each Vending Machine will randomly select a rarity. All items sold will match that rarity.
    -Items found in a Common (white) version will cost 100 materials.
    -Items found in a Uncommon (green) version will cost 200 materials.
    -Items found in a Rare (blue) version will cost 300 materials.
    -Items found in a Epic (purple) version will cost 400 materials.
    -Items found in a Legendary (gold) version will cost 500 materials.

• Each Vending Machine will sell three items, one for each material type (Wood, Stone, Metal).
    - It will cycle through each of the three items on a short timer. To switch items faster, hit the Vending Machine with your Pickaxe.

• There is no purchase limit to the items available.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

:siren: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/v3-4-content-update :siren:

Vending machines
Many weapons now have First Shot Accuracy, changed weapons have their fall-off adjusted.
High explosives mode v2, super quick storm shields, more supply drops and more loot on ground.

Main game: reduced variance of resource from objects (was +/- 30%, now +/- 15%). Most wood resource values increasec by 10%.

Edit:

BR now follows PvE's patch rotation:

quote:

Starting this week, we are doing things a little differently. Every other week we will drop new content without the need for an update. These will be called Content Updates. This new cadence allows us to iron out more complex bugs, while continuing to provide fun content every week.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
FIRST SHOT ACCURACY HYPE. Deagin heads erry day now. Hope I can leave work early and get a ton of games in today.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Imagine if you could go back 12 months and tell people that fortnite would soon be the most played game (and most watched game on twitch).

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Imagine if you could go back 12 months and tell people that fortnite would soon be the most played game (and most watched game on twitch).

12 months ago I would have said, "You think anyone is gonna play that loony tunes poo poo?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm slowly getting better at the game but I still haven't won a game. I think its because i've decided to learn how to shoot so I take engagements even if it'll get me killed because maybe i'll learn how to build better, etc.

Absolutely making GBS threads on a duo by myself is really fun, now i've just got to get as good as the people who regularly do that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dogstile posted:

I'm slowly getting better at the game but I still haven't won a game. I think its because i've decided to learn how to shoot so I take engagements even if it'll get me killed because maybe i'll learn how to build better, etc.

Absolutely making GBS threads on a duo by myself is really fun, now i've just got to get as good as the people who regularly do that.

Knowing your calibre, this is absolutely the way. Just spam fights until you win the consistently, then the wins will come naturally. Getting plain wins is easy, you just glide until there are 20 people left alive and then shotgun one or two for better gear, to kill the last guy.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I have a question for console players.

I tried adjusting my "Aim Down Sight Sensitivity," yet it seems as though if I increase the bar it actually slows down my ADS?

Does that sound right? it's backwards from every other sensitivity calibration I've seen.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
it's a percentage of your normal sens. so if you put it to 50, your sensitivity is half your normal sens when you scope.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I don't know if I've ever seen a game that handles it that way. No wonder I was confused.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Loving the new shooting mechanics, it feels so much better. It feels great seeing your bullet go towards where you are aiming instead of in some random cone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dogstile posted:

Honestly this is the recommended way to play Fortnite if your goal is win matches. Just have realistic expectations for yourself.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Am I missing something with the twitch prime stuff? I linked my amazon and twitch accounts, then linked the twitch account to my epic account and did the “claim rewards” thing. But when I log in on my PS4, nothing doing.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

My coworkers convinced me to try this during our lunch break, and it's pretty fun! I even killed a few dudes.

This is going to be the noobiest question in the world, but what exactly is the point of building? It seemed to me like there were plenty of buildings to hole up in already, and player-created structures would be like neon PERSON IS HIDING HERE signs. I guess what I'm really asking is, what SHOULD I be building?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Build if you find yourself in a sweet spot of the circle and are well armed.

Build if you're running around and someone starts shooting you. I usually build stairs in the direction of the incoming fire. Stairs are one of the best panic builds because a surprising amount of people aren't ready for you to suddenly be on top of them.

Build if you're on top of a building and someone starts hurling rockets. Build to create a distraction and get a new angle.

Basically you should be ready to build at a moment's notice. The only reason I could think of is you've found someone afk.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Too Shy Guy posted:

My coworkers convinced me to try this during our lunch break, and it's pretty fun! I even killed a few dudes.

This is going to be the noobiest question in the world, but what exactly is the point of building? It seemed to me like there were plenty of buildings to hole up in already, and player-created structures would be like neon PERSON IS HIDING HERE signs. I guess what I'm really asking is, what SHOULD I be building?

Building does 2 major things for you: cover from bullets and giving you a height advantage against another player. That height advantage is really important and is a major factor in securing more long distance kills.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Basically you should almost always be building or ready to build. It gives you a huge advantage against someone who is worse at building. So if you aren’t the one building, you’re the sucker about to get dropped on by the person building.

Streamers/pros and top players are of course on a completely different level, but some battles between great players sometimes involve close combat building, with almost no shooting for some periods of time. They’re each just trying to get the upper hand through quickly building on top of the other player.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

did they implement the initial shot accuracy change this update? does the reticle turn red?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
are they still actually updating the base building poo poo or did they just give up on it and tell all those people who spent money to go gently caress themselves?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Thanks for the tips, guys! I definitely wasn't thinking about building as an active combat thing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

are they still actually updating the base building poo poo or did they just give up on it and tell all those people who spent money to go gently caress themselves?

Items and characters but not much content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Splode Mode owns bones. gently caress yes guided missile squads