Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Please, someone, help me with my twitch prime gear. I beg of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Emron posted:

Do you ask your mom to post for you or something? :v: What's the problem, anyways?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Emron posted:

You didn't mention it, but you need to link your PS4 account to your Epic account too.

That said, I know someone who has done all that and it still refuses to give him his Twitch costumes, so I dunno.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Kind of lovely, but does anyone know of a direct phone number for customer service for this? Some French speaking dick bought $208 worth of fortnite poo poo off my account somehow. I haven't played on PC since launch (I sometimes do it on PS4 but that account is still baseline)

I put in a ticket but it's been a week and they haven't answered it. Paypal won't let me dispute the transaction either. I would have put 2 factor auth on but, well, I haven't played since July 2017 and it was a dead game until they added Battle Royale.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 5, 2018

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Kind of lovely, but does anyone know of a direct phone number for customer service for this? Some French speaking dick bought $208 worth of fortnite poo poo off my account somehow. I haven't played on PC since launch (I sometimes do it on PS4 but that account is still baseline)

I put in a ticket but it's been a week and they haven't answered it. Paypal won't let me dispute the transaction either. I would have put 2 factor auth on but, well, I haven't played since July 2017 and it was a dead game until they added Battle Royale.

Sadly, I think the only phone number they'll give you is 1-800-EAT-poo poo

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Cheen posted:

Sadly, I think the only phone number they'll give you is 1-800-EAT-poo poo

What I assumed but it was worth a shot. I tried to call Epic Co. out of desperation but it hangs up on you when you ask for an operator. ~service~

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Emron posted:

I followed the steps twice and still haven't received them

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

What in this game is causing my controller to rumble at seemingly random times?

It’s not with explosions that I can hear, or gunshots. It’s not the clock. What is it?!

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Beastie posted:

What in this game is causing my controller to rumble at seemingly random times?

It’s not with explosions that I can hear, or gunshots. It’s not the clock. What is it?!

I think I read that it was Morse code pointing to some kind of upcoming event.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Electrical Fire posted:

I think I read that it was Morse code pointing to some kind of upcoming event.

its somewhere between morse code for the meteor blasting tilted towers to hell and "its a known bug"

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

AAB posted:

its somewhere between morse code for the meteor blasting tilted towers to hell and "its a known bug"

Haha wtf?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

the comet is a whole thing with loads of conspiracies

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What I assumed but it was worth a shot. I tried to call Epic Co. out of desperation but it hangs up on you when you ask for an operator. ~service~

You might want to put your email into https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if you got some passwords compromised in a data breach. Also, use a password manager and never use the same password twice, etc.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Rexxed posted:

You might want to put your email into https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if you got some passwords compromised in a data breach. Also, use a password manager and never use the same password twice, etc.

I did change my password, which should help. Sadly things like Have I Been Pwned suck for any email that you have for any sense of time, especially nowadays. I'm pretty sure the registration process for a new gmail account breaches six times in the course of five minutes just as a warmup.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Epic Games is a piece of poo poo company that 1) saves payment info without asking/notifying you and 2) doesn't lock said payment option when logged in from another IP. This results in some random rear end in a top hat on the other side of the planet, connecting via 14 different VPN's and proxies, to still be able to instantly buy poo poo via your payment option, again, without asking/notifying you.

TL;DR: If you can still get in, remove payment options from your account and add 2FA.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

IT tooke them 20 days to solve my vbucks problem. Giving them money now is a gamble for how saturated is their service. They are making money so fast (120 million dollars/month, number pulled from my rear end) that they have problems counting it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Do you ask your mom to post for you or something? :v: What's the problem, anyways?

I posted about it around 9 posts up from yours, detailing that I’d already done the thing you screenshotted :v: :awesome: :iamafag: :coal: :cool: :getout: :getin: :smug: :smugdog:

wa27 posted:

You didn't mention it, but you need to link your PS4 account to your Epic account too.

That said, I know someone who has done all that and it still refuses to give him his Twitch costumes, so I dunno.

I thought I’d done that, but could be confusing it with linking my twitch account to my PS4. I’ll look around to see if this is the link I’m missing tonight. Thanks dude.

el B posted:

I followed the steps twice and still haven't received them

But did you see The Friggin Epic Maplestory Mushroom Guy’s screenshot? That should solve your problem

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Emron posted:

I posted about it around 9 posts up from yours, detailing that I’d already done the thing you screenshotted :v: :awesome: :iamafag: :coal: :cool: :getout: :getin: :smug: :smugdog:

I thought I’d done that, but could be confusing it with linking my twitch account to my PS4. I’ll look around to see if this is the link I’m missing tonight. Thanks dude.

But did you see The Friggin Epic Maplestory Mushroom Guy’s screenshot? That should solve your problem

Calm down, man. You asked for help, he provided help. If it’s still not working after following all those steps, you’ll have to contact Epic about it. Not much more someone in these forums can do for you.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Neither I nor a friend of mine have managed to get it to work either. :iiam:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I wish they'd add some kind of non-building mode for BR. PUBG kinda sucks now and the ability to give yourself full cover in less than a second in Fortnite is a major turn off for me :(

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I think the building is a lot of fun but people who are capable of erecting a fortress in two seconds flat after I ding them at range annoy me. Especially when building a simple pillbox is annoying and finicky for me.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

AAB posted:

:siren: HOW TO GET THE TWITCH PRIME SKINS :siren:

STEP 1

STEP 2
go here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/twitch-prime-pack
scroll down and click this

STEP 3
sign in to your epic account
TAKE THIS MOMENT TO ENABLE 2FA IF YOU HAVEN'T YET

STEP 4
once you have seen this screen

sign into fortnite and check for the skins in your BR locker

if you do not see that screen, you need to go through the process again

added this to the OP for everyone

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

I wish they'd add some kind of non-building mode for BR. PUBG kinda sucks now and the ability to give yourself full cover in less than a second in Fortnite is a major turn off for me :(

SettingSun posted:

I think the building is a lot of fun but people who are capable of erecting a fortress in two seconds flat after I ding them at range annoy me. Especially when building a simple pillbox is annoying and finicky for me.

you really get used to it and better at building and figuring out when to engage on buildings. most people will carry some kind of explosive thing just to ruin buildings or hoard materials to have a build-off against the next person

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ugh I'm really bad at this game again, played pubg for the past few weeks and now coming back to this is tough. I also just bound building stuffs to my mouse so I'm trying to get used to that.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

On the flipside, no one really builds on mobile (because it's hard as hell to control) so I'm having a really good time playing that version.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
building gives an avenue to players to win without needing to be sick noscope headshot masters, so im in favor of it on principle

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I don't understand why people want no build modes, this game's gimmick is building, it's a core part of the game.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

MF_James posted:

I don't understand why people want no build modes, this game's gimmick is building, it's a core part of the game.

Firing a single shot at a guy to have him poo poo out a castle sucks

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

I hear that, and it was what made me wary of the game as well. What I learned was when you take that shot at someone and they start making GBS threads out a castle they lose visibility in pretty much every direction as they build- you can take this opportunity to close in and ramp up. You also just have to accept that long range pick-offs are less of a thing in this game.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

StabMasterArson posted:

At the same time, it's no different than someone slamming down prone when you get shot at in PUBG. Not to mention it's a giant "ENEMY HERE" marker.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

On the other hand, not instantly dying in a field to a guy hiding behind a tree is really awesome.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
long range shots are just how people say hello in this game

i have died to a 180 meter and a 200 meter snipe before, though

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Asnorban posted:

Neither I nor a friend of mine have managed to get it to work either. :iiam:

i had to log in then out of twitch again before it worked. it appears to have some weird hang ups

edit: i also did everything twice after it didnt work the first time.

ptkfvk fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 5, 2018

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.

StabMasterArson posted:

So move on to another target? The whole point of this game is to be the last man standing. No one is forcing you to take that engagement.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

SettingSun posted:

On the flipside, no one really builds on mobile (because it's hard as hell to control) so I'm having a really good time playing that version.

Splatoon-style tilt controls for aiming would be great for mobile.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

PyrE posted:

So move on to another target? The whole point of this game is to be the last man standing. No one is forcing you to take that engagement.

Thats usually what I end up doing. Fire a shot, see them frantically make a structure and move on to someone else. Unfortunately, thats not very entertaining :shobon:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Easy, wait for them to poo poo out a tower then once they're up top shoot out the base. I've seen Sypher and KR do it to people and it's never not funny to watch their opponents croak because they built too high didn't react fast enough.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

People complaining about building

:allears:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cheen posted:

I hear that, and it was what made me wary of the game as well. What I learned was when you take that shot at someone and they start making GBS threads out a castle they lose visibility in pretty much every direction as they build- you can take this opportunity to close in and ramp up. You also just have to accept that long range pick-offs are less of a thing in this game.

This is what I've been doing. If they start making GBS threads out a tower I use the opportunity to rush in and move to a flank. 9/10 times I can lob grenades right into their structure and catch them off guard because they're still looking at where I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Remote explosives are good fun for ruining towers