Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

July 18-22

The old thread died. Does the ridiculously long OP need to be revived?

Anyway, hotels tomorrow, April 4 at 8am PT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Reserved just in case.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Oh thank god. I was fearing no one else would join me in my misery of missing out on a downtown hotel tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/AceParking/stat...894336949788672
Also parking lottery has started. They're requiring a credit card with each entry, my guess is they're hoping to limit shill entries. Little do they know, I'm irresponsible with money and have many credit cards.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Got in almost immediately so we'll see how that goes.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Lucky. I didnt finish until 9:14. My friend finished at 9:06, hopefully he got in.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Dr Tran posted:

Lucky. I didnt finish until 9:14. My friend finished at 9:06, hopefully he got in.

Supposedly they go by form access time now rather than completion time. I got super lucky last year and didn't participate in hotelpocalypse so I can't say. I took forever filling out the form this year because I recently moved so I kept loving up my address so fingers crossed they really are going by access time.

Jaxyon
Mar 6, 2016

YOSPOS

aaaaand I missed the hotel sale.

Just realized it.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

I did the earlybird sale. I'm always a bit worried I won't get a spot in the hotel sale proper. What were the rates like? Was it swamped? Were things in walking distance available?

Edit: Found the flyer with rates and locations. Still curious if everyone gets in or if you risk being poo poo outta luck if you don't get in and didn't earlybird it.

Erev fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2018 around 23:32

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Erev posted:

I did the earlybird sale. I'm always a bit worried I won't get a spot in the hotel sale proper.

Same here. It's a lot less stress, and to be honest I don't mind getting away from downtown in the evening (I'm getting old and need some down time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Was part of the first group in for hotels. Took my time on the form, got my first choice.....outside of downtown. WTF???? So lollll, gonna stay with some friends and uber in. Just don't loving care about it this year I guess.