Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Alan Smithee posted:

What kinda buffer we talking? If I want to try for the 2:45 RZA panel 1-2 hours work?

I'm not sure how big the lines are outside, but a bunch of people left the room after Warner Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Seems like every other year I’m getting Con Crud

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is that exclusive swag?!?! Where do I get it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Did anyone do rick and morty panel? I literally can't find anyone talking about it

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Crosspost from LEGO thread:
So we’re on the floor of sdcc and my 3 year old daughter is having a huge meltdown. Some guy with a box comes up and hands her an Apocalpsyton Unikitty... I seriously just stood in the longest line ever after the most harrowing lottery where it was literally the only exclusive I got to get one... so now I have two.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Was it a meltdown about Unikitty? Cuz honestly I would have given her a my little pony poster

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

No her meltdown was about wanting to ride the escalator when her bigass stroller wouldn't have made it. She also got peppa pig ears out of it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Returning registration is next Saturday the 13th so make sure you pray to the elder gods Friday night.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ayo has anyone had to reapply for professional reg and gotten a response yet?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

ayo has anyone had to reapply for professional reg and gotten a response yet?

Yep my wife got approved.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FuzzySlippers posted:

Yep my wife got approved.

snail mail or email

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

snail mail or email

email

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
This year is being billed as the 50th so it may be worth trying for if you are on the fence.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Good luck this morning to returning registration folks.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Got diddly this round. Anyone get in?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Wow, this is the first year I've walked away with nothing, not even Sunday.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Space_Butler posted:

Got diddly this round. Anyone get in?

Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, so I'm happy.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Blanked as well.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Missed preview by minutes but got the rest.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Holy crap, it’s $300 now

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
In for a four day. Goddamn the con got pricey. I have some friends that didn’t get in, can I buy them passes during open reg?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Bastard Tetris posted:

In for a four day. Goddamn the con got pricey. I have some friends that didn’t get in, can I buy them passes during open reg?

If you didn't get preview night you have a CHANCE to buy them tickets too but only if a) they have member ids and b) you get selected for purchase.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Excellent, hell yeah.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Welp. Guess that means I'm not good enough for comic con pro unless they are doing the trade approval separately now

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

Welp. Guess that means I'm not good enough for comic con pro unless they are doing the trade approval separately now

Gotta make room for all the "new media" filth.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I...I am new media filth :negative:

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

No one in the general admission lottery?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Shawn posted:

No one in the general admission lottery?
My whole buying group is just watching the wheel spin. Feeling like my luck has finally ran out, but there's still time.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I am though my attempt to pick up preview night was a bust.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Got Thursday and Sunday. Guess that's something.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
It was always a joy to watch John Rogers deal with the equivalent of a real life facebook comments section at the Talk Balk panel at the end of Con every year. He passed away from brain cancer today and will be missed.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I didn't even get a "your a pro and you get to pay for a pass!" status so uh

gently caress comic con?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

DC's combing booths w/WB next year so be prepared for a much larger clusterfuck around the back of the convention center.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/11/14/dc-and-warner-bros-to-join-forces-in-new-super-sized-booth-space-at-san-diego-com

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Did anyone actually get a notification about Early Bird hotel sales beginning? Because it looks like half the stuff is sold out already from an already unusually small selection. I just found out about it by chance.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Erev posted:

Did anyone actually get a notification about Early Bird hotel sales beginning? Because it looks like half the stuff is sold out already from an already unusually small selection. I just found out about it by chance.

They announced on twitter (and I assume other, shittier, social sites). That's about as much notification as I saw.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I've decided I'm not going this year. I've gone for 9 out of the last 10 years, and it's been fun, but we had to change my son's school and now I have to cough up tuition. Can't justify SDCC expenses. Will still hit WonderCon for one day.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I've decided I'm not going this year. I've gone for 9 out of the last 10 years, and it's been fun, but we had to change my son's school and now I have to cough up tuition. Can't justify SDCC expenses. Will still hit WonderCon for one day.

if you qualify for a badge I'll take it

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
How far ahead of time do they usually warn people about the hotel lottery? In part due to them only announcing the Early Bird hotels on Facebook and Twitter and in part due to the Early Bird hotels being not in places that work well with the trolleys as a backup I'm still waiting on a room. I am also going out of the country for nine days starting this weekend along with my other con-goers. This has seriously upped the anxiety level as you might guess....

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Erev posted:

How far ahead of time do they usually warn people about the hotel lottery? In part due to them only announcing the Early Bird hotels on Facebook and Twitter and in part due to the Early Bird hotels being not in places that work well with the trolleys as a backup I'm still waiting on a room. I am also going out of the country for nine days starting this weekend along with my other con-goers. This has seriously upped the anxiety level as you might guess....

They usually give like two or three days notice.

Based on previous information and "feel," I would say next Tuesday/Wednesday or the following are the most likely candidates for hotelpocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Parking

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/parking