Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

We're a little more than two months away from Preview Night. I'm coming back to SDCC from a three year hiatus.

1. It's a long shot, but does anyone know the name of the little basement bar in Downtown SD near the TGI Friday's that had a progressive happy hour starting at $0.25 beers on Saturday? Are they still around?

2. Any word on the best downtown promotional freebie attractions this year?

I love the panels and the floor with my whole heart but it's the random boozy cheapo stuff which adds that extra charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Adult Swim is bringing their A game to con this year.

quote:

FRIDAY, JULY 20 (open 4PM – 2AM)
8:00 p.m. – AS Cosplay Competition Hosted by Henry Zebrowski – We invite cosplayers to show off their inspired creations, don their best Adult Swim themed garb and strut their stuff! Awards will be passed out and bragging rights will last a lifetime.
8:30 p.m. – The Venture Bros. Fan Event – Fans will watch two episodes from the new season of The Venture Bros. Creators Doc Hammer and Jackson Public on hand to reveal secrets of the new season in a special Q&A session.

I'm a huge fan of Last Podcast on the Left and Your pretty Face is Going to Hell, so I'm looking forward to anything Zebrowski. And two new VBros episodes!

quote:

SATURDAY, JULY 22 (open 4PM – 2AM)
10P-12A | Rick and Morty*

We get it! Were all excited! But bear in mind, admission is extremely limited and based on a lottery system. We're kind of winging this, so anything can happen. Your wildest dreams? Our worst nightmares? A little bit of both? Sign up below to find out. Instructions on how to enter will be sent on Tues. July 17th. Ticket recipients will be notified by 8P PST on Fri. July 20th.

gently caress it, I know everyone is sick of lotteries, but I'd rather play the lotto and lose than burn Saturday just to get into this thing.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Has anyone gotten lottery link yet

Looks like there’s an electric wristband you get when entering the outdoor [AS] area, and every time you do one of their events you get another lottery chance.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Didn’t feel like waiting for the Better Call Saul/ Breaking Bad back-to-back so I spent the day scoping out the local events and sampled some of James T Kirk’s Space Bourbon. It tasted a lot like Earth bourbon.

Also, don’t go to Sushi 2 for anything other than $5 Crazy Milk / Fight Milk combos of large Sapporo and small unfiltered sake. Whatever they were 2 years ago is now under new management who think adding pico de gallo to a California roll is a good idea.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Indigo is weird this year. No line really to get in, and now Jimmi Simpson is introducing a new [AS] show while high as giraffe nuts.