Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«217 »
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

"When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your quarterback's face, you'll know what to do."

thrawn527 posted:

Is pastor even a thing you vote on?

Absolutely. Voting on stuff and forming committees to find new staff members are core examples of “stupid church poo poo members love”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Branagh playing a Russian is a real immersion breaker for me. I grew up on Henry V and I just cant do it

Hopefully his accent will have at least improved since the Jack Ryan movie

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

I think the trailer also needs to hold back so they have something to build hype if they end up delaying release until later in the year (or beyond).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The teaser trailer trailer formula isn't even just for nolan movies or massey rafani trailers, it's the formula that is the basic strategy for movie campaigns in general. Often it veers off when needed.

But yeah if you like the trailers better than the movies remember that this is the guy who also did the Man of Steel trailer and welp.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

As a huge Hal Hartley fan, I approve of anything that gives Martin Donovan work.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

I really do love the audacity of having the "You ever die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" because obviously it sounds like this pretty meaningless line alluding to Harvey Dent's fate.

But it ya know, reveals the whole ending and thesis of the film, and is more about Batman than it is Harvey.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

Seinfield voice:

Timeless Appeal posted:

"You ever die the hero"

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

confused posted:

As a huge Hal Hartley fan, I approve of anything that gives Martin Donovan work.

Although I don't think the guy has ever been struggling for work. He turns up all over the place, more on TV than film though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Seinfield voice:

Two-Face holding up his favourite, a cookie with equal black and white frosting: "Look to the cookie, Batman!"

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

HBO's Perry Mason "reboot" ... takes place in 1930s Los Angeles. Looks fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNATvJMPZaA

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hair Elf

BonoMan posted:

HBO's Perry Mason "reboot" ... takes place in 1930s Los Angeles. Looks fantastic.

I am all in on this.

Also, solid loving pick on the song (it's Solid Ground by Michael Kiwanuka if anyone is wondering. The whole album is great)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

BonoMan posted:

I'm sure this will kick rear end but also...

do a proper Mike Hammer adaption you motherfuckers

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

Donncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Donncha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?

Taintrunner posted:

I'm sure this will kick rear end but also...

do a proper Mike Hammer adaption you motherfuckers

Or a Sledge Hammer! adaptation. Do it, cowards.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Why are they even using the Perry Mason name? Like, wasn't he a loving lawyer and not a hardboiled detective?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hair Elf

GrandpaPants posted:

Why are they even using the Perry Mason name? Like, wasn't he a loving lawyer and not a hardboiled detective?

I think in the original Gardner novels he was a bit of both. A lawyer of the downtrodden who was at times more detective than lawyer trying to figure out WTF was going on with whatever case he took on.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Proteus Jones posted:

I think in the original Gardner novels he was a bit of both. A lawyer of the downtrodden who was at times more detective than lawyer trying to figure out WTF was going on with whatever case he took on.

Ah, the Phoenix Wright school of lawyering.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I mean honestly it kinda feels like True Detective season 4

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

look-
a post,

Maybe he becomes lawyer at end

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Snooze Cruise posted:

Maybe he becomes lawyer at end

and then everyone stood up and clapped

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Gimme a shared universe with Johnny Dollar and Richard Diamond.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

A DAILY DOSE
OF OLD SHOOTERS

PLAY NOW MY LORD

GrandpaPants posted:

Ah, the Phoenix Wright school of lawyering.

it's more or less the other way around, Phoenix Wright is pretty much just Anime Perry Mason

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Proudly supporting the Lowtax Spine Fund 2018-19

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

it's more or less the other way around, Phoenix Wright is pretty much just Anime Perry Mason

Both characters are named for a bird beginning with P - Perry being an abbreviation of "Peregrine" - and their surnames both mean "builder". I think that's pretty much explicit homage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

A lot of new footage in this teaser for Lovecraft Country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJV9acMsDwM

«217 »