Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

EVERY FAIRY TALE NEEDS ITS HERO.

AceOfFlames posted:

recall the first Ant-Man trailer which also made the movie look as generic as possible

The movie also did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pikehead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb058uk6g04

I really enjoyed the first season of Love, Death + Robots. The episodes I liked I really liked, some I was meh on.

I really loved the anthology series and am excited for season 2 a lot

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I like how for like an hour after I saw it I thought ďEh, another tv show I suppose.Ē And then decided to read the comments and learned this is a movie. Like a TV movie? Everything seems subpar. But whatever thatís Marvel for you.

Apparently Disney decided if people love TV so much letís bring itís level to the big screen.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010

The Shang-Chi looks (as in purely visually) like all the other current MCU media. I initially thought it was gonna be a tv show like wandavision.

Also is that Tony Leung's voice over? I am not that familiar with his English voice. Because he is one of the reasons I'm interested in this.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Apparently Olivia Colman just signed up for some Marvel thing? I really hope weíre experiencing the nadir of this era of Hollywood. Itís so depressing to see how much talent is being absorbed like a blackhole by Disney for its various brand extensions.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

if any part of that marvel trailer looks appealing, please do yourself the favor of finding some real wuxia action to watch instead of this secondhand garbage

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

if any part of that marvel trailer looks appealing, please do yourself the favor of finding some real wuxia action to watch instead of this secondhand garbage

lmao. So even trashy martial arts movies have a community that gatekeeps?

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj2iCJkp6Ko

This time, it's the real one I swear!

The first season had some really intense uncanny valley situations.

Comes out May 14, and they're also promising Vol 3 in 2022.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

Technically this is MCU gatekeeping, but instead of preventing people from entering the gate, it's trying to contain the MCU within it to protect the public.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BUT SATAN'S BOY
I COULD NEVER BE!

Pork Pro

The MSJ posted:

Technically this is MCU gatekeeping, but instead of preventing people from entering the gate, it's trying to contain the MCU within it to protect the public.

lol, who do i thank?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Gatts posted:

I like how for like an hour after I saw it I thought ďEh, another tv show I suppose.Ē And then decided to read the comments and learned this is a movie. Like a TV movie? Everything seems subpar. But whatever thatís Marvel for you.

Apparently Disney decided if people love TV so much letís bring itís level to the big screen.

I thought it was a TV show right up until reading this post.

Hakkesshu
Nov 3, 2009

Has everyone forgotten that a lot of TV shows just look like movies these days anyway

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Hakkesshu posted:

Has everyone forgotten that a lot of TV shows just look like movies these days anyway

If you confuse any Marvel TV show with Marvel Cinematic Universe offerings, that was entirely intentional.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Proteus Jones posted:

???

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gatekeeping...Disney? Yes. Of course.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces

Nap Ghost

I'm Chinese-Canadian, I grew up on Hong Kong martial arts films, and Shang Chi looks kickin' rad. gently caress tha haterz.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Gatekeeping...Disney? Yes. Of course.

lmao. Not what I said and not what the OP said. But yeah, sure, go with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Heard yíall like Marvel so hereís some more Marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEWdhHBlYU