Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Lobok posted:

Whatever actual performance Hanks brings seems secondary to the trust and affection audiences have towards him as a person. You want someone spotless to portray a kind of modern day saint.

i just don't see the value of portraying him period. as many have said the documentary is excellent and serves rogers better than an actor portrayal can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

stratofarius posted:

I'll watch anything by Marielle Heller after Can You Ever Forgive Me.

awww man, she went from that to this? loving bummer

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

She also directed Diary of a Teenage Girl which got pretty good reviews.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

I'm curious, why? It looks exactly the same on my browser (chrome, desktop). Is there something I'm missing? The only difference I see is your link have a little movie pictogram in front of it.

On an unrelated note, I would like it if people put the name of the movie in their post, but I guess that's just me.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

kanonvandekempen posted:

I'm curious, why? It looks exactly the same on my browser (chrome, desktop). Is there something I'm missing? The only difference I see is your link have a little movie pictogram in front of it.

This is a setting you can change in the user control panel, I have embeds off on purpose.

quote:

On an unrelated note, I would like it if people put the name of the movie in their post, but I guess that's just me.

I use a Chrome addon called Video Title Adder that adds the title of a Youtube video after a link, like so.

It can sometimes break formatting if the titles get particularly long but whatever.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kanonvandekempen posted:

That means you have video embedding turned off. Go here and find the option for "Show video embedded in posts with the [video] tag?" under "Thread View Options", and turn it on.

You only see a link. We see this.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Congrats to Mr. Libido on his big screen debut.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gently caress I hope that movies comes to NYC STAT

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Looks great

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tXQMq967PY

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q33RrLVryU4

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ah okay guess that went live! I'm still working on a QC issue lol. I was asking them to send it to me but...I guess I can just watch it online!

See if any of you editors can spot the three blanking errors

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

Ah okay guess that went live! I'm still working on a QC issue lol. I was asking them to send it to me but...I guess I can just watch it online!

See if any of you editors can spot the three blanking errors

Uh, whoops. I can take it down from here, but...that's not really gonna make much of a difference at this point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh don't worry about it, clearly Searchlight made the call. I'm just helping them out with the internationalization of it. I can't see the problem honestly

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

...someone please get Iko an English-language acting coach. Holy poo poo, dude is just not good in this trailer, even with him being a non-native speaker.

e: Like, dude's one of the greatest rear end-kickers in all of cinema, but I'm starting to see why Rama doesn't really talk much in the Raids, because it turns out Iko has the Roman Reigns thing going on where he can hit people way better than he can talk.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know how much I like "MIIKE HAS STILL GOT IT" as a pull quote because who said he didn't? But otherwise, this looks great.

From the outside, it is surprising the longevity he has and the quality throughout. This is what, his 102nd or 103rd film and he's still making must-watch films even though people thought he'd have slowed down long before this point. Hard to think of anyone in the modern era that's comparable

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The only other person I can think of who makes like 6-10 movies a year is Samuel L. Jackson. Miike is a maniac.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The actual kung fu looks decent but otherwise this is hot trash.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jojo Rabbit looks bonkers.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Edit: Woops.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The only other person I can think of who makes like 6-10 movies a year is Samuel L. Jackson. Miike is a maniac.

He hasn't really done that recently. He's on one or two per year now.
2001 was the crazy Miike era.

edit: The official Jojo Rabbit upload looks a lot cleaner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTqd4yNFuSw

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 23, 2019

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I was a bit :chloe: based on what little I'd heard about it but it looks great, I'm relieved. Sam Rockwell too :swoon:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ammanas posted:

i just don't see the value of portraying him period. as many have said the documentary is excellent and serves rogers better than an actor portrayal can.

Sure, but since they are doing one I figure that's why they went with Hanks.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone else out there these days who is writing, directing, and being the lead in their own films? I think I heard Ed Norton is doing it on a project.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Casey Affleck starring/directed movie set in a world after a plague has wiped out all women.
Seems to me there's a massive spoiler at 1:28 revealing that his 'son' is a girl made to look like a boy. Skip forward a few seconds there if the thing looks interesting, cause it's probably a detail best left for watching the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8a7yKe6rc

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Teenage Fansub posted:

That looks like it's incredibly funny, but also incredibly hard to watch in today's re-Nazi-fied climate.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Casey Affleck starring/directed movie set in a world after a plague has wiped out all women.
Seems to me there's a massive spoiler at 1:28 revealing that his 'son' is a girl made to look like a boy. Skip forward a few seconds there if the thing looks interesting, cause it's probably a detail best left for watching the film.

This feels a lot like The Road

e: I somehow hadn't heard about this documentary :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvBqtg2RM0, about a mother raising her child in Aleppo while filming the destruction

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Uhhhh, then the whole trailer's a spoiler because the first line is "I'm the only girl of my species. I'm the only one I ever saw."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ah. I totally wasn't paying attention at the start.
Still, I'd've hidden it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Casey Affleck's Lisa?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
So whatever happened with the sexual harassment allegations or whatever against Casey Affleck? Did that turn out to be bull? Or are people just ignoring them because he's "talented"?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
He very publicly either settled or lost a sexual harassment case for poo poo he pulled on a producer during I'm Not Here, and a lot of other allegations about abusive behaviour came up. Maybe since there was nothing to really "uncover" in 2017, and it'd been openly considered not a big deal for a decade he gets a pass

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 24, 2019

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Dudes a creep

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

When I was working on Graham Norton we had Casey as a guest and his list of demands for appearing was that we didn't ask any questions about the "other Affleck" and that we cut the cores out of the apples in his room for him. So... pretty routine really.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is it common to have guests dictate the fruit cutting

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Vegetable posted:

Is it common to have guests dictate the fruit cutting

It's not uncommon for them to request special food or dietary needs.

The worst celebrity guest we had asked for the disabled toilet to be made their own private one and when we told him that was impossible he pissed multiple times in his dressing room sink with the plug in and left it for us.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Eh! Frank posted:

So whatever happened with the sexual harassment allegations or whatever against Casey Affleck? Did that turn out to be bull? Or are people just ignoring them because he's "talented"?

Nobody cares.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

The worst celebrity guest we had asked for the disabled toilet to be made their own private one and when we told him that was impossible he pissed multiple times in his dressing room sink with the plug in and left it for us.

C’mon man. You gotta tell us who this is.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PriorMarcus posted:

Was this Jeremy Clarkson? I bet it was Jeremy Clarkson.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

My money's on Piers Morgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

PriorMarcus posted:

Lmao.