Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

He made Oz The Great And The Powerful and Multiverse of Madness. Man knows how to make a big effects laden studio film without putting too much of himself into things. Keeps the bosses happy and takes his studio money.

I'm not making a negative judgement, it's something of a skill. Terry Gilliam couldn't do that.

I heard Oz was basically Army of Darkness in a new skin. Is that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The MSJ posted:

only insofar as army of darkness is a connecticut yankee in king arthur’s court

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think we still post trailers here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFY_Fesa9Q

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

It is. There’s even a montage where Oz helps the people…of Oz build slight of hand illusions and it’s the same kind of montage lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love these guys. Always in.

Edit same directors as the last, so that’s good. I liked it. Also glad they got a gig after batgirl

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45SSIE36bw

If you can watch this scene and say you didn’t know who directed it you’d be lying

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdT5YyVeW8o

"Dishes are done" mentioned, so I won't write it off yet.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

If you can watch this scene and say you didn’t know who directed it you’d be lying

Deadite Strange scene from the Raimi Dr. Strange movie was a better mix of his sensibilities with generic modern blockbuster than this tbh

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I don't think I like Watiti as a director. As an actor he's pretty funny but I think his movies kinda suck

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

The Peccadillo posted:

I don't think I like Watiti as a director. As an actor he's pretty funny but I think his movies kinda suck

he does A LOT of coke and it's really starting to show

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
a real trailer, for real gamers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVTMtDsHMmU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I didn't realize that this film was a period film, I thought it was just going to be set in the modern day as the start of a new franchise but it's actually a prequel to the original?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dillbag posted:

he does A LOT of coke and it's really starting to show
Like I always say about Stephen King, it's not that coke makes people lame, it's lame people doing coke.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The Peccadillo posted:

I really liked Hunt for the Wilderpeople (and What We Do In The Shadows but I think thats a lot of Jermaine's influence.)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The studio even printed 35mm copies of this for select theaters, I appreciate the full on retro gimmick they're goin' for.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

CelticPredator posted:

huge shyamalan airbender energy to this scene

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Another Yorgos joint already??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fYtuE_ZJ4E

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 27, 2024

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Bad trailer, but Yorgos. Thats pretty crazy, this must’ve been filmed on a Soderbergh-like budget and schedule.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jewmanji posted:

Bad trailer, but Yorgos. Thats pretty crazy, this must’ve been filmed on a Soderbergh-like budget and schedule.

imo its a great teaser. imo the perfect trailers & teasers are pure mood. no plot.

also, quoting to embed

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

imo its a great teaser. imo the perfect trailers & teasers are pure mood. no plot.

also, quoting to embed

Yeah it's just personal distaste of the song (or use of the song, at least).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jewmanji posted:

Yeah it's just personal distaste of the song (or use of the song, at least).

ya i love the original but thats a weird cover/edit, like halfway between modern-whispy-trailer-cover and standard remix

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

also, quoting to embed

Whoops, did the link not embed in my post? It did for me, but I’m using awful app so idk

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Colonel Whitey posted:

Whoops, did the link not embed in my post? It did for me, but I’m using awful app so idk

yeah the apps embed more freely, in browser videos only embed if tagged as videos (and the user has chosen it in the control panel)

no worries :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If using the Awful app - paste your youtube link as a video and the app will do the rest to make it embed for everyone.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Fixed, I think. Thanks

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

When I paste a YouTube link in a browser, it automatically parses it into video tags. Does this not happen with everyone else?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

thrawn527 posted:

When I paste a YouTube link in a browser, it automatically parses it into video tags. Does this not happen with everyone else?

depends on app and url format i think (youtu.be vs youtube.com, with or without /watch etc)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

If using the Awful app - paste your youtube link as a video and the app will do the rest to make it embed for everyone.

Yeah I've seen this confusion in other threads. I think the app allowing you to just paste a link and it embeds also extended to using a browser and now that doesn't work anymore.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

bows1 posted:

I really liked Hunt for the Wilderpeople (and What We Do In The Shadows but I think thats a lot of Jermaine's influence.)

Has anyone seen his Michael Fassbender Coaches Soccer film? The trailers did seem a bit dire.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

garycoleisgod posted:

Has anyone seen his Michael Fassbender Coaches Soccer film? The trailers did seem a bit dire.

it bombed hard and got pretty overwhelmingly terrible reviews lol

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Do you think he knows that one video he did mocking Love and Thunders CGI turned a lot of people against him?

Honestly he seems like prime material for the cancel circuit sooner or later, grifting about how he's been silenced or some poo poo.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

looks sick IMO

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Carthag Tuek posted:

depends on app and url format i think (youtu.be vs youtube.com, with or without /watch etc)

Yeah, it might work but it's very finicky. It works for me in firefox if I paste with ctrl-v but not if I right click and select "paste."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Schwarzwald posted:

Yeah, it might work but it's very finicky. It works for me in firefox if I paste with ctrl-v but not if I right click and select "paste."

i do know right click-pasting is specifically disabled in browser, also if you paste right after ][= so it looks like youre pasting into a tag. idk the specifics, but if it works in browser and not in app, its probably an app problem & there's threads for that (ios has the link in the settings gear, i assume android has a link too). but if it doesnt work in browser, try the forums tech thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910071

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
taika waititi is, how to put this... extremely cringe

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Horizon Burning posted:

taika waititi is, how to put this... extremely cringe

Between him and Dwayne Johnson, my haplogroup-mates are not having the best reputation in Hollywood right now.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Waititi's star fell pretty quickly. Not too long ago, whenever someone was complaining or bragging about how much they hated Marvel, they'd usually say Thor Ragnarok was the only good one, because Waititi did it. You don't hear that anymore.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I mean, it's still true but Waititi is a douchebag who let fame get to his head.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I was always sort of ambivalent about him, what did he do to turn people against him? I basically only know What We Do In the Shadows. Also apparently he's connected to the next Kazuo Ishiguro adaptation, bummer :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Still holding a little hope in my heart for We're Wolves