Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

Here is another question I once had that was answered in one of these threads.

Q. Why do online trailers have a 5/10 second advertisement for themselves at the beginning? Why am I seeing the same footage twice?

A. There are multiple reasons. The trailer might run as an advertisement for a different piece of content on YouTube or a different streaming platform. The trailer might be shared on a social platform like Facebook or Twitter where 3 minutes is a lot for a piece of content which may not have a cat acting silly or a dog being a good boy*.
Basically, our attention span is zero and there are a lot of times we need a teaser before we are going to watch that trailer (which obviously does not apply to a forum thread like this). And that's why you're getting a (hyper) condensed version of the movie at the start of a condensed version.

*Or you get something terrible which is both like the trailer for A Dog's Purpose.

To clarify it's so you can fit in a quick preview and the title before the ad is skipped in 5 seconds on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

That last shot is totally different to any of the others in the trailer so my guess is it's entirely constructed to be a button.

what the gently caress is a button

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Gotta be honest, I prefer the traditional theater experience. La-Z-Boy theaters seem to cater to a specific theatrical experience that I find mildly repulsive.

Wtf. It's just more comfortable seats dude.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Equalizer 2 looks good. The first one was one of the better old man action movies of recent times so i'm down for the second one which looks like the action has been bumped up a notch.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Tom Hardy was a good choice, Venom itself looks good, seems fine to me

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, that trailer doesn't really end all that well.

Eh?? the ending is crowdpleasing af it's like I'm Batman

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
"Biggest movie franchise" + "but those movies suck rear end!!!" = there's your cognitive dissonance

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Has there ever been another actor so driven to do the most intense poo poo all for the purpose of making the most entertaining movie they possibly can?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

kiimo posted:

Deadpool just broke the box office record for an R-rated movie on a Thursday (It had the record).

Weren't you insinuating earlier on that this one wasn't going to do well or be well received, something about a bad test screening or something, looks like it's set to be a much enjoyed massive success what happened there?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Byzantine posted:

Venom looks exactly the right kind of trashy for me.

Yeah It actually looks like fun, as in fun to watch, as a contrast from the more manufactured and calculated fun of the main MCU movies.

Slutitution posted:

Brought to you by the studio behind the historic The Emoji Movie, ladies and gentlemen.

:suicide:

How is that relevant? by that logic I'm looking forward to the next Avengers film, from the studio behind the legendary Planes: Fire and Rescue and Mars Needs Moms

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That looks great and makes me wonder why all comic book movies aren't animated

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

blast0rama posted:

Looks real fun.

Was Men In Black 3 worth the time?

Absolutely, it's a fun and entertaining movie.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ixnay posted:

They made a third one of these movies

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Dillbag posted:

She spent the last 20 years smoking cigarettes in the direct sun but I still love her.

Jesus. Every time an older celebrity resurfaces there are creepy af comments like this. Tell us Dillbag, what should a woman in her loving 60s look like to you?