Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Weird focus on the pills though. Never thought they were iconic or anything.

Edit : The music in the original is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Drakhoran posted:

You know how people complain about trailers giving away the whole movie? Apparently Sony is trying that out for real.

This is amazing.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

The MSJ posted:

Open your tiny human eyes to the new Alita trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7pYhpJaJW8

Right now my only problem is the charisma black hole that is the boyfriend character. He just looks bored in every scene he's in. I'm actually warming up to Alita, giant bug eyes and all.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Deakul posted:

Looks like it's going to be all style over substance, looks pretty awful.

That's pretty much true to the original anime, though. As long as the fight scenes are cool, the actors give it their all, and the movie has a brisk pace I'll probably enjoy it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Was there a single frame where the background wasn't CGI?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Mierenneuker posted:

I found it amazing that The Predator has a character who is a total rear end in a top hat and then they make his death a blink and you'll miss it affair. You're supposed to enjoy those, not leave people wondering what just happened.

That scene was just insane. I was all: wait what did that just happen? Why? How? Didn't anyone notice or care?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I never enjoyed ST S1 all that much, but I got really put off when I realized the one ST scene I found touching was ripped wholesale from It, when watching the remake.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Krankenstyle posted:

Remake of a fantastic Swedish film, looks to be almost entirely shot for shot too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1-Fm3xx6gw
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2675914/

e:fb

I'm Swedish and have never heard of it.

"Nils takes action, which ignites a war between the vegan gangster "the Count" and the Serbian mafia boss Papa."

Is it a parody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Desperado Bones posted:

I don't even recall a zombie movie set in a timeline that isn't modern. I mean, there must been, but I can't name any. So that's a cool idea. I'm sold!

In a very 'special' episode of the Legends of Tomorrow.