Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dont know if any of you have visited iPic theatres but basically a night with just me and the wife seeing Creed with dinner served ended up costing just over $100 and was worth it :kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Vintersorg posted:

lmao

gently caress. This. poo poo.

Wait that wasn’t an iron man 3 joke?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Krankenstyle posted:

grrrät rrrecörd

This seriously pops into my head like once a week and I haven’t seen that movie in 10 years

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Haven’t seen MI in theatres since 3 but might have to check this one out. Those punches look beefy as gently caress

The Avenue Q play was ok for a saucy puppet show

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That looks good as hell. I’m surprised how interested in that story I am

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Paper boi paper boi

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
https://youtu.be/Hsk3aNYlxiI

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Surely that’s not dick van dyke actually dancing

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

The MSJ posted:

Netflix's movie where The Rock is John Henry and leads a team of other American legends, directed by John Kasdan, has a teaser already.

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1049783776094670848

Tall Tale remake kind of out of nowhere but ok

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I don’t think you should replace your agent for putting you into potentially massive movies. That’s just my opinion

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Shneak posted:

I want a meteor to strike me immediately as the credits roll in theatres after The Lion King cause I know my life won't get better and I'm proud to contribute to the $5 billion it will make opening weekend.

Samezies

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Kind of disappointed in the premise but I’ll watch it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Cloooooooonessssssss!!!!

But gone WRONG

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
🤔

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Shaft looks alright to me.

-The 24+ year old African American demo its targeting

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Looks watchable if my kid wants to see it on Netflix

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That was a really well done trailer and I went 0 interest in Joker to day one. He definitely doesn’t need to be that much of a sympathetic character so I really hope they don’t go that route. Kind of makes me wish it wasn’t connected to comics at all honestly

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok I’d be way more interested if Sonic followed the games at all. Why save the world?

Let him just be loving around with his animal friends and Dr R just hates him for reasons

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

ChesterJT posted:

I don't know what it is about that "far in the background, sorta blurry" effect but it works so well being creepy as poo poo. The scene from chapter one in the library where you couldn't make it out clearly but could plainly see the librarian staring at the kid was awesome.

This, humans stop motion walking(Gothika, Penelope Cruz)and the sped up blur effect gets me every time

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m a dork but the fake parade commentary in that song still makes me laugh and I wish they did something similar with someone else singing with Smith adlibs or go all the way the other way and get Jazzy Jeff involved somehow

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Midsommer is telegraphing Wicker Man so hard I don’t think there’s any way it’ll go that route. Especially thinking about how Hereditary trailers did something similar

Actually backing off that a bit since Wicker Man comparison really is just the style of dress and implication of human sacrifices happening. But I stand by I think it’ll be another swerve

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 15, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Looks great but WOW did that give away a lot. Really wish they didn’t blow some of the crossbow running gag

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
All of mulans songs are pretty good really

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That artist you like? Let me tell you some bad poo poo about them :hehe:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I’m also curious about the “but” regarding Brewer. His filmography is pretty good

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

LesterGroans posted:

The fact that they're plastering "THIS IS A SATIRE" all over the marketing is really bugging me.

You have way more faith in the average movie going public than you probably should

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Congrats man your trailers are awesome. Hope it works out for you in both fields

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Women who were sexually harassed and assaulted don’t deserve to be humanized is a wild stance lol

They were still victims and it looks like they’re still shown as bad people

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Doesn’t look anything like him but John David definitely carries denzels charisma from what I’ve seen him in

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Think I’d be interested if it was just about anyone else playing Rock’s part

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m with you. He seems super tryhard to me in everything I’ve seen him in and my interest usually goes down when he pops up in something I’m watching

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

edogawa rando posted:

If you can’t expect these dipshits to sit through a 2, 2.5 minute clip, how do you expect them to sit through a full-length feature film.

Because the point is to get those who didn’t think they would be interested enough in the movie to watch the trailer.

Or others who don’t care for long trailers that “show every plot point in the movie!! :argh:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is he beast or man? Man or beast? Beast or man?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Kind of impressed that apparently that’s Cho’s actual hair he grew out for the part

Eh I guess he’s never had short hair but still he’s 50 now

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Looking forward to this, but the girls acting is making me quite unhappy

Also this
Vvvv

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 14, 2021

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Good enough for sequels and a cartoon so likely very well received

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea that trailer made me less excited. At this point just show us the other spider-menses. We all know they’re in it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

bows1 posted:

I think a lot of people don't realize that they aren't the target audience anymore

Also that cartoon was 20 years ago lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

edogawa rando posted:

Getting real “Smokin’ Aces on a…” vibes from this, and I really didn’t care for that movie.

Spot fuckin on. I was wondering what this trailer reminded me of. Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Feel like that’s said about every other movie nowadays